[Offseason] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Retired

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Postby Valor on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:37 pm

Hornets Fire Monty Williams
Nov 21st, 2012 10:30 PM EDT

The New Orleans Hornets have fired Monty Williams after a 0-10 start.

Williams had just signed a new four year extension this offseason after coaching the Hornets
for the past two seasons, but sources reveal that new owner Tom Benson "was sick of the
losing" and requested new leadership along the sidelines.

Assistant GM Percy Barber was named interim head coach.

Williams was hired as the Hornets head coach back in the summer of 2010 to replace the
fired Byron Scott and interim head coach Jeff Bower, he previously spent five seasons
as an assistant with the Trail Blazers.

As the Hornets head man, Williams has a coaching record of 67-91 in two plus seasons.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [7-6] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Fired

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:28 am

Fakeout!
Lamrock

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:33 am

I was thinking what Lamrock was thinking lol
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Valor on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Monthly Recap: November 2012
Part One: Chicago Bulls Monthly Recap
November Results – 8W 6L

October 31st vs Sacramento Kings
Win 91-77 Game Recap

November 2nd @ Cleveland Cavaliers
Loss 94-104
Outstanding Players:
Cleveland: Kyrie Irving – 25 points, 10 assists; CJ Miles – 24 points
Chicago: Joakim Noah – 10 points, 17 rebounds, 5 assist; Luol Deng – 25 points

November 3rd vs New Orleans Hornets
Win 90-82
Outstanding Players:
New Orleans: Eric Gordon – 22 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals; Anthony Davis – 11 points, 12 rebounds
Chicago: Luol Deng – 23 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks; Taj Gibson – 9 points, 12 rebounds

November 6th vs Orlando Magic
Win 85-74
Outstanding Players:
Orlando: Gustavo Ayon – 15 points, 12 rebounds; JJ Redick – 16 points
Chicago: Carlos Boozer – 16 points, 12 rebounds; Luol Deng – 22 points

November 8th vs Oklahoma City Thunder
Loss 79-99
Outstanding Players:
Oklahoma City: Kevin Martin – 32 points, 10 rebounds; Kevin Durant – 23 points; Russell Westbrook – 21 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists
Chicago: Carlos Boozer – 18 points, 8 rebounds; Luol Deng – 13 points, 7 rebounds

November 10th vs Minnesota Timberwolves
Win 92-72
Outstanding Players:
Minnesota: Nikola Pekovic – 8 points, 10 rebounds; JJ Barea – 11 points, 4 assists
Chicago: Luol Deng – 20 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists; Carlos Boozer – 16 points, 7 rebounds

November 12th vs Boston Celtics
Loss 100-106
Outstanding Players:
Boston: Paul Pierce – 23 points; Fab Melo – 13 points, 11 rebounds; Jason Terry – 18 points, 3 steals
Chicago: Luol Deng – 34 points, 7 rebounds; Carlos Boozer – 20 points

November 14th @ Phoenix Suns
Win 93-83 Game Recap

November 17th @ Los Angeles Clippers
Loss 81-106 Game Recap

November 18th @ Portland Trailblazers
Loss 95-101 Game Recap

November 21st @ Houston Rockets
Win 105-88 Game Recap

November 24th @ Milwaukee Bucks
Loss 77-100 Game Recap

November 26th vs Milwaukee Bucks
Win 90-76 Game Recap

November 28th vs Dallas Mavericks
Win 91-85
Outstanding Players:
Dallas: Darren Collison – 20 points, 7 assists; Rodrigue Beaubois – 21 points
Chicago: Richard Hamilton – 26 points; Luol Deng – 19 points, 8 rebounds

Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:32 pm

Lamrock wrote:Fakeout!

SuperHueyNewton wrote:I was thinking what Lamrock was thinking lol

:lol: got you guys didn't I? :cool:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [8-6] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Nov Recap Pt. 1

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 am

Man you surely are showcasing Boozer! Trade time soon?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Durant35 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Just giving my two cents. Chicago acquired Cousins on my association. :lol:
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:43 pm

^^Boom there we go! Imagine you may have to include Taj in that deal as well. But a Noah|Cousins front court would be interesting, defensively Noah would cover up Cousin's weaknesses, but offensively I wonder if they would get in the way of each other?
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:04 am

Mark. wrote:Man you surely are showcasing Boozer! Trade time soon?

Haha we'll see, I have been trying to see what Booze is worth on the trade search but so far nothing that I'm interested in :wink:

Durant35 wrote:Just giving my two cents. Chicago acquired Cousins on my association. :lol:

Mark. wrote:^^Boom there we go! Imagine you may have to include Taj in that deal as well. But a Noah|Cousins front court would be interesting, defensively Noah would cover up Cousin's weaknesses, but offensively I wonder if they would get in the way of each other?

mmm I like Taj over Cousins but it is interesting, I'll give it a thought (Y) (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:38 pm

Part Two: Around the Association

Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Part Three: Race to the MVP

LeBron starts at top again, but don’t overlook Steph Curry and co

Race to the MVP: The usual cast, with a few surprises
By Steve Brooks, NBA.com
Posted Nov 30 2012 12:57PM

With the first month of the 2012-13 NBA Season in the books, it’s the time again for the monthly MVP rankings to come out as we look at who has been worthy of earning league MVP honors so far.

Of course, it is expected that the superstars like LeBron James and Kobe Bryant to be leading the pack, and that is indeed the case, but thus far in the short season, there have been worthy performances from those whom we didn’t quite see coming.

For those guys though, it might be a “about damn time” moment, quoting from Lebron when he won his title last season. The mentality of being the best is needed if one is, well, to be the best of the best, and that is exactly what the Most Valuable Player award is all about.

The man we are talking about here is of course, Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, who has been absolutely lighting it up so far this season, and more importantly, his team is winning big. Being finally free of Monta Ellis’ ball dominance in the backcourt from the very start of the season (Ellis was traded for Bogut late last season), Curry has flourished in his new role as “The Man” and is leading the Warriors to new heights. One of the best shooters in the league, Curry is shooting over 50% from the field, 43% from three and 84% from the line while averaging a career high 23 points.

It remains to be seen whether Curry can keep up this level of production (and if the Warriors can keep winning), but he has definitely caught notice of the league after this first month of the season.

Without further ado, here are the first rankings of the season.

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [8-6] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Nov Recap: Race to MVP

Postby hova- on Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:55 am

Wow. Good to see Luol Deng cracking that Race at 10. Honestly, Wade seems to be the Heats MVP rather than LBJ - at least from the numbers. Good read, like a real R2MVP (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Re: [8-6] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Nov Recap: Race to MVP

Postby Valor on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:49 am

hova- wrote:Wow. Good to see Luol Deng cracking that Race at 10. Honestly, Wade seems to be the Heats MVP rather than LBJ - at least from the numbers. Good read, like a real R2MVP (Y)

Cheers Hov! I guess for LeBron and Wade it's really interchangeable, but I just needed to slot Melo in there somewhere for the great start as well so there you have it. 10th spot so far is up for grabs and Lu has been playing solid for me so might as well :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Bulls Defense Shuts Out Knicks, Wins 7th straight
Game Story | Box Score | Team Stats | Player of the Game

Deng and the Bulls played stifling defense on Melo all game long

Chicago, IL -- The Bulls came into the game with critics doubting the validity of their 6 game winning streak citing the low level of competition.

After tonight’s performance, there should be no more doubts.

With the red hot Knicks coming into town on a back to back game, the Bulls went to work and proved their worth, shutting down the league leading scorer Carmelo Anthony and made the Knicks miserable on the offensive end as they extend their win streak to 7 following a 94-86 victory despite not having the flu-ridden Richard Hamilton in the lineup.

Sophomore guard/forward Jimmy Butler started in place of Hamilton and together with Luol Deng and Taj Gibson, took their turns at casting a stifling defense on Melo, holding the NBA scoring leader to just 13 points on 6 for 17 shooting.

Deng led the Bulls with 20 points and also grabbed 9 boards as he did his damage on both ends of the floor.

"You have to give them credit, they played great defense," Knicks coach Mike Woodson said. "I thought they made the hustle plays that they needed to make in order to win the game, and we didn't."

The hustle plays, of course, was sparked by the Bulls energetic big man Joakim Noah, who dominated the glass and grabbed a game high 17 boards to go along with his 11 points. No other player in the game had more than 9 rebounds.

Noah currently paces the league in rebounding at 12.2 per game, 1.5 more than the next player Zach Randolph.

“Just doing all the dirty work,” Noah said, “Coach Thibs always tells us that these are the little things that win us the ball games”

Aside from board work, Noah also held down the paint defensively, holding the frontcourt duo of Amare Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler to a combined total of just 12 points.

With their stars shut down, the Knicks managed to stay in the game thanks to some hot shooting from their erratic and explosive shooting guard JR Smith, who led all scorers with 23 points on 9 for 21 shooting from the field. Jason Kidd added in 11 and 13, but New York, the league’s fourth best offensive team, could not get it going against the league’s best defense in the Chicago Bulls.

Now at 13-6 and atop the Central Division as well as unseating the Knicks for the number three spot on the Eastern Conference standings, the Bulls will have two days off before attempting to extend their win streak against the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday.

Game Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [13-6] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Defense!!

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:32 am

Nice game, it's a pretty good thing to keep this streak going on a team like the Knicks
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Valor on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:48 pm

SuperHueyNewton wrote:Nice game, it's a pretty good thing to keep this streak going on a team like the Knicks

Cheers man, tough game for sure but definitely well worth it in the end. JR Smith almost single handedly got them back....
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:58 am

Great win over the Knicks. If Rose comes back, you will be a serious contender for the championship this year.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Chapter 3

“What? What did you say?”
“I said, I want your job” Lai repeated once again, rolling his eyes at his boss. Former Boss, he corrected himself as he stared down towards the man.
“But…but what about me?” Forman asked weakly
“You can take a step back, I call the shots now” Lai replied, “Go back to being a scout or something”
“…and how are we going to explain this to Pax and Jerry?”
Lai waved him off, “Make up something, you are good at bullshitting”
“But I….” Forman began but Lai cut him off once more.
“Photographs” Lai stated simply and Forman immediately cowered back into his seat
“Very well…”

✧✧✧✧✧

“Thank you all for coming on such a short notice.” Forman began, “Unfortunately due to health issues I will step down from the role of general manager of the Chicago Bulls immediately. Leo will replace me in the role and I wish him and the rest of the staff success.”
Murmurs began in the crowd and hands began to rise in the press section for questions.
“K.C. Johnson, Chicago Tribune. Could you elaborate on your health issues?”
“It is a matter that I wish to keep private, but my doctors have basically said the day to day operation required in the GM capacity puts too much stress on my body.” Forman replied, “That is as much as I will disclose”
“Scott Friedell, ESPN Chicago. Do you think you will return to the job in the future?”
“Perhaps, that will be up to my body and the decision of Jerry and John. I will still be around the organization in a lesser role so I can recover.” Forman finished as the team spokeperson waved for one last question.
“Word has it that the real reason you are stepping down is because of a secret relationship with Martyl Reinsdorf, is that true?” a shady looking reporter asked
“That…that is utterly ridiculous!” Forman stuttered as his face reddened with rage, then he suddenly spotted Leo on the side in amusement. "It's YOU! You did this!"
Leo put up an innocent face as he replied calmly "I have no idea what you're talking about"
"You...." Forman cursed loudly as he passed out in anger
Security guards quickly ushered the reporters away and team officials wrapped up the press conference as Forman was carried off the podium with cameras flashed all around him.

✧✧✧✧✧

“Enjoying your new office?” Jerry Reinsdorf asked as he entered the room, not bothering to knock on the door as he looked at his new general manager.
“Yeah, it sure ain’t bad here” Leo replied, “Did you want to speak with me about something Mr Reinsdorf?”
“Yes, a few things I need to tell you before I go back to my main priorities” Reinsdorf said a matter-of-factly, “It’s about the budget of the team”
Lai suppressed a groan that almost slipped out, he of course had heard all about the unwillingness of Jerry Reinsdorf to have his profits from the Bulls cut in anyway by the luxury tax, even though they are still very much profitable. Jerry loves his baseball team - the White Sox – more than anything else and the Bulls are just another way to fund his real passion.
“I don’t want to pay it at all” Reinsdorf began, to no surprise of Lai, “but I do understand the structure of the CBA has changed and it is hard to avoid completely.” He paused as he stared intently into the eye of his young employee, “You will do your best job to lower the payroll”
“Jerry, we just won 7 in a row…” Leo began to protest
“I don’t care, we are not winning a title without Derrick anyways” Reinsdorf snapped, “I am not losing my money over a team that isn’t sure going to bring me some hardware.”
“You ain’t losing money even if you pay the damn tax Jerry” Leo snapped back as he begin to lose his cool, Now I see why last year’s team was broken up, he thought to himself as he stared Reinsdorf right in the eye.
“Watch it” Reinsdorf shot back, clearly not happy at either the response or the attitude from his young employee.
“Watch what? The team?” Leo replied, “Yeah I’ll do that, you just go and watch your baseball and I’ll handle the basketball”
Having heard enough, Reinsdorf began to leave the room, “Just cut the damn salary” he said as he went out the door, leaving Leo sitting there alone, fuming at the stingy owner.

✧✧✧✧✧

"Jerry's a pain in the ass" Leo was saying to John Paxson, who still drops by every now and then to check on the affairs of the team despite spending most of his time going away and playing golf
"Now you know what I had to deal with over the years" Paxson said
"Tell me about it..."
"So you got any ideas so far?" Paxson asked as he grabbed a handful of cashews and popped them into his mouth
"Twelve, or none" Leo sighed as he sunk back into his chair and sipped some coffee, "Nobody that'll take Booze off us is not going to give us similar salary in return, there's no point trading Rip either"
"Well, either way you gotta come up with something now. You're the head man" Paxson grinned as he stood up and headed for the door. "I'm off for another 36 holes, have fun!"
Lai cursed under his breath and got ready to wrap up for the day, but at that moment the phone rang again. It was the same anonymous number.

"So, do you need some more help Mr Lai?"
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Lamrock wrote:Great win over the Knicks. If Rose comes back, you will be a serious contender for the championship this year.

Cheers Lamrock, I hope he can come back soon cause there are times where scoring the ball is the hardest thing in the world to do.....
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [13-6] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Chapter 3

Postby SuperHueyNewton on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:06 pm

What did Lai have on ol' Dude?
SuperHueyNewton

Postby Mark. on Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:17 am

Nice little streak you got going (Y) I smell a trade on the horizon!
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:43 am

SuperHueyNewton wrote:What did Lai have on ol' Dude?

Forman? Photos of him and apparently Jerry Reinsdorf's wife :lol:
Reinsdorf? Absolutely nothing so far :wink:

Mark. wrote:Nice little streak you got going (Y) I smell a trade on the horizon!

Cheers Mark, trades will come if only they help though, not really leaning on one way or another :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:22 am

Boozer for...... a bag of peanuts?
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Mark. wrote:Boozer for...... a bag of peanuts?

:lol: :lol: Well the only problem I have with Booz (both IRL and here) is his contract, he's been playing well for both me and IRL (16-9 for me, 16-10 IRL) so I really don't get why theres all these "trade/amnesty boozer" talks by Bulls "fans" out there....they blast him for everything and that's ridiculous IMO :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 pm

Nah just to get Taj more time, he paid enough to be a starter. That being said it is a nice rotation to have.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood