[Offseason] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Retired

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: [1-0] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Chapter 1!

Postby Martti. on Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:57 am

Good job locking up Taj!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Re: [1-0] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Chapter 1!

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:24 pm

Sit wrote:Who gave YOU the right to make decisions???? :P

A superior intellect and basketball mind did :lol:

Martti. wrote:Good job locking up Taj!

Haha thanks it was already on the roster I used but since he got it on opening night IRL just gonna write it in here :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Hawks sign Chris Andersen
Nov 2nd, 2012 9:00 PM EDT

The Atlanta Hawks have added free agent forward-center Chris Andersen
to their roster, the team announced earlier today.

Andersen (34) was released earlier this summer by the Nuggets and will still collect
$4.5 million next season under the league's amnesty provision, he appeared in only
32 games last season, averaging 5.3 points and 4.6 rebounds in 15.2 minutes.

The deal is reportedly 1 year and approximately worth just over $3.9 million. Per
team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

For the past four seasons, Andersen played in Denver -- two with Anthony and three
with Smith -- where he earned around $4 million per season. His career averages in
10 seasons are 5.4 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.6 blocks, and he has lit up arenas with
his colorful, full-body tattoos and spirited, high-energy style of play.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [1-0] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ The Bird flies again

Postby Red Rocket on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:13 am

Great chapter. Your boss seems like a douche already, so good luck with him. Don't end up serving burgers at McDonalds, man. :D
Into the Fire - HEAT 2K13 Association (NBA 2K13)
Red Rocket

Postby Valor on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Bulls rally in fourth to start Circus Trip with W
Game Story | Box Score | Team Stats | Player of the Game

The ever so solid Luol Deng led the Bulls with 24 points and 7 boards

Phoenix, AZ -- The Phoenix Suns weren’t supposed to be a tough opponent for the Chicago Bulls, but they were.

After a disappointing loss to the Boston Celtics at home, it was expected the team would take it out on Phoenix who did an admirable job of trying to defend their home court. In the end though, following a screaming session from Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau during the period break before the 4th quarter, the Bulls managed to turn on their famous defense and rallied back from 11 down to defeat the Suns, 93-83, for their first win on the annual circus trip.

The Bulls held Phoenix to just 4 for 19 (21%) in the final period and outscored them 31-13. It was ugly till the finish, but they got the job done.

“Thibs was really angry at us,” Noah said, “We played pretty bad defense in the first three quarters and didn’t do a good job protecting the ball”

Luol Deng led the way for the Bulls with 24 points and 7 rebounds, while Noah chipped in with an all-rounded performance, finishing with 13 points, 12 boards, and 6 assists.

However, the Bulls problems still exist, as their relatively weak bench outside of Taj Gibson yet againt didn’t deliver. Chicago’s bench only produced 18 points, with 9 of those coming from Gibson, while the rest shot a combined 4 for 12 from the field. Nazr Mohammed, however, did contribute on the glass with 6 rebounds in just 6 minutes of play.

All of this leads to Thibodeau playing the starters almost exclusively. Deng played a game high 41 minutes, Rip Hamilton 40, Hinrich 35 and Noah 34.

“They got to step up” Thibodeau said, “As we move along on this trip and the season we can’t have our main guys playing so many minutes. It just won’t work”

For the Suns, a balanced attack and ball movement led to the early lead and high shooting percentage up until the end. Michael Beasley led the way with 13 points and 9 rebounds, Shannon Brown and Goran Dragic both had 13 of their own, and everybody on the team got on the scoreboard.

It just wasn’t enough in the end.

“We need to work on our fourth quarter execution” Alvin Gentry said, “We were there but we lost our composure and couldn’t seal the deal”

Gentry also pointed to the effort on the glass as to a reason why the Bulls walked away with a W.

“They played harder in the end,” Gentry said, “They got double ours (rebounds) in the fourth. We deserve to lose it”

The Bulls will now travel to Los Angeles to face the Clippers as they move on to game 2 of their annual two week Circus Trip.

Unlike the Suns, the Clippers are now considered an elite NBA squad with the likes of Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. And they’ve gotten even better thanks to the emergence of center DeAndre Jordan and the improved play of backup point guard Eric Bledsoe.

So far, against the NBA’s elite, the Chicago Bulls are 0-2 with losses to the Oklahoma City Thunder and the aforementioned Celtics. Last season, the Bulls defeated the Clippers at the Staples Center in their only meeting of the season, but that was with Derrick Rose.

While Hinrich is playing very well so far in his second stint with the Bulls, Chris Paul is arguably the best point guard in the NBA and it’ll be a tall order to contain just Paul, let alone their many weapons.

It remains to be seen whether the Bulls, with their defense alone, can take out an elite team on the road. Improved bench play and increased production from Carlos Boozer would help, but it’ll be a tough task indeed.

Game Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [1-0] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ The Bird flies again

Postby Valor on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:50 pm

Red Mamba wrote:Great chapter. Your boss seems like a douche already, so good luck with him. Don't end up serving burgers at McDonalds, man. :D

Cheers Red, yeah he is, just look at him IRL :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [5-3] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Let the Circus Begin!

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Good win and you did the right thing by locking up Gibson and Thib. You should take over this business soon.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:28 am

Like the real-life moves being enacted and the conflict with you and Gar Foreskin. Taj is expensive, but he'll be worth it once Boozer's gone.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:47 pm

hova- wrote:Good win and you did the right thing by locking up Gibson and Thib. You should take over this business soon.

Gotta find a way to get Forman fired 8-) :shhh:

Lamrock wrote:Like the real-life moves being enacted and the conflict with you and Gar Foreskin. Taj is expensive, but he'll be worth it once Boozer's gone.

Taj is really worth it, and so is Asik tbh (big mistake by the Bulls letting him go...look at him rip it up in Houston now!)
Gar Foreskin :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, was out of town for a while and left my harddisk at home. Recaps coming soon!
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:06 pm

Paul, Griffin Lead Clippers in Rout of Bulls

Griffin and the Clippers dominated the paint all night long

Los Angeles, CA -- If this game was any indication, the Chicago Bulls are going to have a long season ahead of them as they continue to play without their superstar point guard Derrick Rose.

Behind the strong play of Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, the Los Angeles Clippers easily took home the 106-81 victory over the visiting Chicago Bulls, who are now 1-1 on their annual circus trip and drop to 5-4 for the season.

Griffin led all scorers with 27 points alongside 14 rebounds, while Paul had his way around as he finished with a season high 20 assists to go along with 12 points; and aside from the 6 turnovers, he completely dominated the Chicago backcourt of Hinrich and Hamilton.

Chauncey Billups added 22 points of his own, and the LA reserves outscored the Bulls bench 31-10.

Chicago got outrebounded (46-40), had more turnovers (12-10), and trailed by as many as 27 points at one point.

“We just got outplayed,” said Tom Thibodeau, “They played harder and better and we got spanked.”

The Bulls never had a chance, as the Clippers came out of the gate blazing, ending the first quarter with a 10-0 run and never looked back since.

Luol Deng led Chicago in scoring with 25 points, Boozer added 17, but only grabbed 5 rebounds and went 8 for 17 from the field as the Bulls offensive struggles continue.

“We’re just not making shots as a team, period.” Deng said, “Defensively we are not playing up to standards, much less coach Thibs’ standards.”

The Clippers made 52% (45/86) of their shots from the field and had 58 points in the paint. The 106 points Chicago gave up ties for the highest points scored by an opponent so far this season (106 to Boston on Monday) and just the third time this season where they gave up more than 100 points. All three instances have been losses.

The Bulls will now proceed to the third game of their 5 game road trip and travel to Portland to take on the 4-5 Trailblazers.

Game Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Last edited by Valor on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [5-4] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ The Circus Continues...

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Wow, you have like no fire power from downtown. Deng was solid, but that's it. But how do you want to win when Radman gets a DNP :P
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby George7 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:30 am

That's a tough loss,looks similar to the real life blowout. I like the form Lu is as of late though (Y)
George7

Postby Martti. on Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:38 am

You should jack up more threes, they are a great weapon in 2K13. You've got the shooters (Kirk, Belinelli, Nate, Rip)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:00 pm

hova- wrote:Wow, you have like no fire power from downtown. Deng was solid, but that's it. But how do you want to win when Radman gets a DNP :P

Yep, worst team in the league on offense right now tbh...especially from downtown. Radman ain't playing cause he can't play D :lol: I want Korver back....

George7 wrote:That's a tough loss,looks similar to the real life blowout. I like the form Lu is as of late though (Y)

Lu's prob the only one who is consistently playing well for me...and yes, it's a struggle to get wins like IRL now :|

Martti. wrote:You should jack up more threes, they are a great weapon in 2K13. You've got the shooters (Kirk, Belinelli, Nate, Rip)

The problem is I got nobody to draw double teams so the shooters can get open. Belinelli can't hit a thing so far and Nate is going <.300 from deep. Rip can't seem to hit a 3 for me.....
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:01 am

Get Korver. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:58 am

Martti. wrote:Get Korver. (Y)

I would love to get him back somehow, but I have a feeling I ain't getting him via a direct swap with Vlad :lol:

Seriously, RL Bulls management wtf...Asik, Brewer, Korver, and Watson for Mohammed, Nate, Belinelli and Vlad....... :turrible:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:01 am

Your bench is bad but mine is still worse. :P A question: do you shoot with Real Player FG% or Shot Stick Timing? Ever since they added Real Player %, it's made the game way more fun and accessible for me.

When are you planning on bringing back D-Rose, out of curiosity?
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm

Lamrock wrote:Your bench is bad but mine is still worse. :P A question: do you shoot with Real Player FG% or Shot Stick Timing? Ever since they added Real Player %, it's made the game way more fun and accessible for me.

When are you planning on bringing back D-Rose, out of curiosity?

Yeah I use Real FG%, because with shot stick timing it gets too easy once you get used to it (e.g. I never miss with MJ or Kobe on that)
As for D-Rose, probably bring him back for the last 18 games of the regular season, and then have him drop 63 on the Celtics in the first round.....oh wait :lol: :lol: But seriously though, I forgot the number of days I have him out by, it says 6-8 months in-game so I guess whenever he does return I'll put him back in :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Khanwarrior on Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:04 am

Looks like that Luol Deng is the only consistent player on your team for now, you should start targeting some really good bench players like Asik, Korver, Watson :mrgreen:
Khanwarrior

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:46 am

Khanwarrior wrote:you should start targeting some really good bench players like Asik, Korver, Watson :mrgreen:

....................... :facepalm2: :wall:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:05 am

If your team is firmly out of the playoff frame, I say leave him out for the whole season. The real life Bulls would (well, should) do so.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Bulls struggles continue as they fall to Blazers in Portland

This was about the only time the Bulls managed to stop Damian Lillard

Portland, OR -- Last season, it would be ridiculous to think that a rookie point guard would have his way and have a career night against Tom Thibodeau’s Chicago Bulls with their stifling defense.

This season, however, it seems like it’s not so ridiculous after all.

Damian Lillard dropped a career high 24 points alongside 8 assists, and the Blazers climb back to .500 following a 101-95 victory on the visiting Chicago Bulls, who has been struggling as of late and falls to .500 as well.

Portland improved to 5-5 in coach Terry Stotts' first season with the team.

"It's good to be .500, but we didn't go into the game saying `Let's be .500,"' Stotts said. "The important thing is winning at home and playing well. The record takes care of itself."

JJ Hickson had 14 points and a season high 18 rebounds, while LaMarcus Aldirdge added 16 and 12.

To add insult to injury, reserve guards Will Barton and Elliot Williams also had career highs of 12 and 10 points respectively coming off the bench.

For the Bulls, Deng led the way again with 22 points and 10 rebounds, while Joakim Noah had 12 boards to go along with his 7 points. Taj Gibson had 10 and 7, while Nate Robinson added 11.

This was the second straight loss for the 5-5 Bulls, who got decimated by the LA Clippers the previous night and are now 1-2 on their annual two week circus trip.

"The defense right now, the intensity, we've got to get that part right," Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said. "The defense, the rebounds and the turnovers, all three are a problem right now, so we've got to correct that. Those three things put you in a position to win."

Coming into the game, Chicago ranked first in defense, giving up just 89.2 points to their opponents, but this is the second straight game where they have given up more than 100 points, and the fourth time this season. All four instances have been losses.

One positive, however, is the slight improvement of their offense. The Bulls had the worst offense in the league entering the game, as they are worst in points per game (89.4) and are tied for second worst in three point percentages (.271). Their struggles from deep continued, but they managed to rack up 95 points despite the lack of production from their guards.

The Blazers have won five straight games against the Bulls at the Rose Garden.

Chicago will now take a few days off before travelling to Houston for the fourth game of their 5 game road trip.

Game Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Sit wrote:If your team is firmly out of the playoff frame, I say leave him out for the whole season. The real life Bulls would (well, should) do so.

I guess, but hopefully we can get something together and not miss it :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [5-5] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Circus at the Rose Garden

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Awesome block photo :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: [5-5] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Circus at the Rose Garden

Postby hova- on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Oh man, tough loss against the Trailblazers. A lot of dunks pics ... do you have a lot of dunks ingame. I really toned them down via sliders which makes it very special when VC gets an open lane and jams it.

Apart from that, no Rose is very very tough. I did not mention that I also made him injured in my D, so your rating boosts won't have any effect right now - tough life for a Bull.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood