[Offseason] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Retired

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: [5-5] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Circus at the Rose Garden

Postby George7 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:55 pm

Damn, that's tough,losing this close game. The first quarter really screwed your entire game. Lillard is unstoppable everywhere!
George7

Postby Durant35 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:13 am

Damn man. Lillard's tough. Any intention of signing some guards or trading?
Click the pic!

THUNDER UP II: RESTART

an Oklahoma City Thunder Association
Durant35

Postby Khanwarrior on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:19 am

Don't know why, but I never liked Boozer because of his big contract, but did he actually got 12 assists? :lol:
Khanwarrior

Postby Valor on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:11 pm

Sit wrote:Awesome block photo :)

Taj might be in contention for the block of the year maybe :P

hova- wrote:Oh man, tough loss against the Trailblazers. A lot of dunks pics ... do you have a lot of dunks ingame. I really toned them down via sliders which makes it very special when VC gets an open lane and jams it.

Apart from that, no Rose is very very tough. I did not mention that I also made him injured in my D, so your rating boosts won't have any effect right now - tough life for a Bull.

Na not a lot, I'd say average 5 per game for my team. Some games I even have as little as 1-2, the CPU tends to always have more though, around 5-8.
As for the rating boost thing, it's alright just put it in after he comes back, seeing as his shots gonna be improved IRL anyways following an acl injury :wink: Tough life being a Bulls fan for sure, losing to all these mediocre teams and not dominating the Central division like we should....hope things pick up soon :)

George7 wrote:Damn, that's tough,losing this close game. The first quarter really screwed your entire game. Lillard is unstoppable everywhere!

Yeah he is, quick point guards are usually hard to guard in 2K and he's got a pretty high rating as well...

Durant35 wrote:Damn man. Lillard's tough. Any intention of signing some guards or trading?

I do have some potential targets but nothing can be done until the Dec 15 date when free agents from the offseason can be traded. Trying to keep things realistic :P

Khanwarrior wrote:Don't know why, but I never liked Boozer because of his big contract, but did he actually got 12 assists? :lol:

Ouch, bad typo there :lol: it should be 12 rebounds I think...I'll fix it up later.
As for his contract, I think if he can still put up 20-10 I wouldn't have a problem with it, but he's way too inconsistent right now to justify all that capspace
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:30 pm

Chapter 2

In what was another typical day in the Bulls front office, with Paxson on the golf course, the others working the phones and paperwork, and Leo Lai at his desk studying film and making assessments of players. It was another peaceful morning, until Gar Forman arrived. Coming through the doors like a raging Bull, he yelled at anybody who was in his way as he blitzed his way through the corridor. Lai shrugged and rolled his eyes, it was a common sight in recent days as although the team has a decent winning record at 5-3, the bench that Forman had completely overhauled in the offseason was playing terribly and it had been the focal point of many articles on why the Bulls will not succeed this season, with many columnists and fans questioning Forman’s moves.

I told him it ain’t gonna work, thought Lai to himself as he continued to finish the reports he was compiling. Just as he was about to finish, however, his door was slammed open forcefully. It was Forman. “What the hell is this crap” he said as he slammed the folders onto the desk, it was the team analysis that Lai did the day before, containing some critiques about the current bench and suggestive moves.
“This is complete rubbish” Forman continued, “Seems like you can’t even write reports, so go to LA and be a ballboy for the team. Don’t even come back here until their trip’s done”
He then picked up the phone and dialed the extension for the secretary, “Rebecca, get Mr Lai here a flight to LA asap. Economy will do”
Forman flashed a sinister smile, “Have fun picking up balls, Mr Assistant GM”, he said as he began to walk out of Lai’s tiny office.
Seething with anger, Lai stood up and was about to deliver a strike when Paxson returned to the office, back from the golf session.
“Hey guys! What are y’all up to?” said a cheerful Paxson, who obviously won some cash.
“Oh it’s nothing, Leo just volunteered to go help the team out on the road, didn’t you Leo” lied Forman, as he put on a fake smile
“Yeah that’s right” Lai replied through gritted teeth
Reading between the lines, Paxson chatted casually with the two before coming up with an excuse to talk to Lai privately
As Lai explained what had happened, Paxson nodded silently
“Just listen, I see exactly what has happened recently, just keep doing your job right and he will be out of excuses to get you.” Paxson said, “LA’s not bad, you can go and meet up with the team, and check up on Derrick for me while you’re at it. I’ll get Rebecca to upgrade your ticket for you”
“That’s not the problem I’m getting at here..” Lai began to argue before Paxson stopped him,
“Look, I can’t exactly fire Gar here, he’s got Jerry’s seal of approval here, especially after helping him save money in the summer. You’ll have to deal with him yourself”

Paxson’s words echoed in Lai’s mind as he sat onboard the flight to LA, deal with him myself…huh

✧✧✧✧✧

“Lets go, last one Derrick!” Lai said as he flipped over another ball to Rose, who proceeded to drill another shot and headed to the weight room for more rehab exercises. It had been a week since Lai arrived in LA, and instead of being the ballboy for the team like Forman had told him to, Lai had gone over and helped out with Derrick Rose’s rehabilitation processes. Derrick was looking good so far coming back from ACL surgery, he’s been shooting for months and looks to be in terrific condition. Sure wish I was in that kind of shape when I was younger, Lai thought to himself as he went ahead and changed out of his sweaty clothing before going over to Rose on the epileptic machines to bid his farewell. Similar in age, the two had become pretty good friends over the last week. Lai was surprised at how positive Rose seemed with his freak injury and the upcoming season, and the two had constantly picked each other’s brain about potential outlooks of the team. Too bad Forman won’t approve on any of these moves

As he walked out of the facility wondering what to eat before taking the flight back to Chicago, his mobile phone suddenly rang. There was no caller id.
“Hello? Leo Lai of the..” Lai began as he picked up the call,
“Chicago Bulls right? Yeah I know that” the voice on the end of the line finished for him, a voice changer was used so Lai couldn’t tell who it was calling. That’s strange, who would be bothered to do that ?Lai thought to himself
“Who’s this?” he asked
“That’s not your concern at the moment. You just need to know I am someone who has the best interests of the Bulls at heart.” The voice replied, “and you are going to help me with it”
Lai raised his eyebrows, “and why would I help you?”
“Because it will be of beneficial to you too, I know what it is that you want” said the voice,
“Okay, intrigue me”

✧✧✧✧✧

“So, how was it like being a ballboy and carrying the luggage for the team?” Forman smirked as he followed Lai into his room, taunting him every step of the way.
“What do you mean? I got to thank you for the nice little vacation in LA, paid by you of course” Lai smiled as he sat down in his chair and tapped a few buttons on his phone
“You what? This is clear proof that you didn’t do your job then huh? You’re fired kiddo!” Forman said gleefully after being taken aback slightly at the cheerful response from the youngster.
Lai looked at him and laughed, “Take a look at these before you decide on anything”, he said as he reached inside his briefcase and gave a folder to Forman
“You think a random folder can change your fate of being…” Forman stopped suddenly as he finally saw what was in the folder, the expression changed dramatically on his face from absolute excitement to absolute fear, his knees gave and dropped onto the chair behind him.
“How….how did you get these” Forman asked through a shaking voice
“That’s none of your concern, from now on you answer to me” Lai replied as he grinned once again, "Or do you still want to fire me and let me going public with these?
Forman fell into silence before finally speaking softly, as though accepting his fate, “Alright, what do you want?”

“Your job”
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [5-5] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Chapter 2

Postby Pistol on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:48 pm

Love the story, good drama in it. Looks like Gar was fucking some animals huh? Haha, I love the story though. Love the conflict, just seems too early to take your protaganist out of the picture. Looking forward to seeing the story play out. I will be following.
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

Postby hova- on Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 am

Nice nice, maybe some pictures of Forman wearing ladies underwear (I dunno, somehow have that GTA Vice City mission in my mind where you take a photo of a manager wearing stockings) ?

Great story, get him out - good to see D-Rose coming along well .
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Khanwarrior on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:19 am

How to get your boss job 101. :lol: :bowdown2:
Khanwarrior

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Good work taking out your boss :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Agent420 wrote:Love the story, good drama in it. Looks like Gar was fucking some animals huh? Haha, I love the story though. Love the conflict, just seems too early to take your protaganist out of the picture. Looking forward to seeing the story play out. I will be following.

Thanks buddy, it ain't the last of Forman you'll be seeing though! Hope you enjoy the D so far, thx for following! :)

hova- wrote:Nice nice, maybe some pictures of Forman wearing ladies underwear (I dunno, somehow have that GTA Vice City mission in my mind where you take a photo of a manager wearing stockings) ?

Great story, get him out - good to see D-Rose coming along well .

:lol: :lol: I don't want to imagine Forman's ugly face with women undies......

Khanwarrior wrote:How to get your boss job 101. :lol: :bowdown2:

Extortion always works :cool:

Sit wrote:Good work taking out your boss :)

Haha thanks mate, just don't try it at home :P

Cheers guys, the game recaps of the rest of the circus trip will come soon!
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Bulls bounce back from slump with big win in Houston
Game Story | Box Score | Team Stats | Player of the Game

Deng and the Bulls made life difficult for James Harden and the Rockets all game long

Houston, TX -- The Bulls haven’t lost three straight games since a 10-game slide between Feb. 27 and March 19, 2010, when Tom Thibodeau was still helping out Doc Rivers in Boston.

Even without Derrick Rose, they weren’t about to do so just yet.

Fueled by a rejuvenated Carlos Boozer, who had 17 points and 11 rebounds after a quiet night in Portland on Sunday, the Bulls played well on both ends of the floor for perhaps the first time of the season as they came away with a 105-88 victory over the Houston Rockets at the Toyoto Center.

Luol Deng had 18 and 11, Noah chipped in with 12 boards and 6 point, and Rip added another 17 as the Bulls had 6 players in double figures.

What might be more impactful though, might be the 37 bench points the Bulls got from their reserves, with Nate Robinson leading the way with 17 and Marco Belinelli finally getting some shots to go as he added a further 14.

“I found myself with some open shots tonight and fortunately they were going in for me” said Belinelli, who has been struggling so far this season on both ends of the floor.

Belinelli wasn’t the only one breaking free of a slump, as the league-worst three point shooting Bulls broke free and landed 11 of their 26 attempts from beyond the arc, prior to this game they had been shooting a dismal .258 from distance.

Perhaps freshened by the two day break, despite being on their 4th of their 5 game road trip the Bulls came out with a lot of energy from the get go, leading 30-20 after the first quarter and never really let Houston take control. Sure, the Rockets took a few leads, but it never got more than 4 points as the Bulls took control late in the second half and ran Houston out of their own building.

Chandler Parsons led all scorers with 24 for the Rockets, while James Harden added 20 and 8, but needed 22 shots (making just 8) to get those numbers as the Bulls put pressure on him and made him work hard for his points.

It didn’t get any prettier for his teammates either, as Jeremy Lin got held to just 8 points and 8 assists on 4 for 11 shooting. Coming into the game, Lin had been averaging 25.5 points and 7.5 assists a game.

The struggles didn’t stop there for Houston, as former Bulls center Omer Asik got held to just 8 points and 5 boards and was a non-factor in much of the game.

“They (Bulls frontcourt) are very, very good players” said Asik, who was drafted by the Bulls and spent the past two seasons in Chicago, “Obviously we know each other’s tendencies very well, and they just got the better of me this time”

With this loss, the Rockets now fall to 2-10 despite an active summer in which they signed Lin and Asik to big contracts and traded for Harden from Oklahoma City.

Now at 6-5, Chicago will head off to Milwaukee for the final game of their 5 game circus trip as they hope to bounce back and finish with a positive record of 3-2.

As Thibs put it, “Every win counts”.

Game Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Last edited by Valor on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Ellis, Bucks Shock Bulls With Rout

Pretty much the only moment in the game when the Bulls had a presence

Milwaukee, WI -- Coming into the game against the Jenning-less Bucks, a team they had beaten eight straight times previously; the Bulls were in a perfect position to shake off their struggles and finish off their 5 game road trip with a positive record and return home above .500.

To make a long story short, they blew it.

Led by Monta Ellis’ 30 points and 9 assists, the Milwaukee Bucks dominated the road-weary Bulls in just about every single aspect of the game and came away with a 100-77 blowout victory.

The last time Milwaukee beat Chicago was on April 10, 2010, in Chicago.

Beno Udrih had 14 and 9 starting in place of the injured Brandon Jennings, who is still sidelined with a strained Achilles tendon, and the Bucks not so big frontcourt of Ekpe Udoh and Drew Gooden combined for 25 rebounds in their domination of the paint.

While Joakim Noah had 15 reb[ounds of his own for Chicago and Deng added 10 more, the Bulls were just beat inside. Both Noah (2-11) and Boozer (4-10) only had 8 points apiece, with Boozer coming away with a dismal effort on the glass, finishing with 4 rebound in 32 minutes played.

“Pathetic showing tonight” said Tom Thibodeau, “We are better than that and the guys know it”

In addition, the Bulls offence as a whole stank it up, with only Hinrich (12 points) and Deng (22 points, 10 rebounds) hitting double digits in scoring.

In fact, the most effort the Bulls showed all night was perhaps the third quarter scuffle between Bulls guard Richard Hamilton and Bucks guard Monta Ellis. The two had to be separated following a heated exchange during a deadball. A double technical was issued on that play.

All this led to an overwhelming 52-26 points in the paint advantage for Milwaukee, who gladly took the chance to drop in 42 of their 86 field goal attempts (48%) to improve their middle of the pack offence this season. (19th in the league in ppg, 18th in FG%)

The bench of the Bucks also chipped in, as they held a 32-18 edge over the Bulls reserves, who have been struggling to get things going thus far this season.

“Guys are not making shots on offense and (we)need more effort on defense” said Taj Gibson, one of the two leftovers from Chicago’s famed Bench Mob from the previous two seasons.

The Bulls, now at 6-6, will now finally return home to Chicago, where they will once again face off against the Bucks on Monday.

Game Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [6-6] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Circus Trip finale: @HOU @MIL

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:32 am

Liking how Nate and Belinelli are making an impact. (Y) Hopefully Rose comes back sooner than later.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:33 am

Thierry • wrote:Liking how Nate and Belinelli are making an impact. (Y) Hopefully Rose comes back sooner than later.

About time they did :lol:
I wish Rose would come back soon too (IRL), but they really shouldn't rush the ACL, it'll actually be a good thing for him to sit out the whole year because it gives him time to fully strengthen both the knee n the rest of his body, get back in shape and be ready to go at 100% rather than say 80% in march/april :|
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:27 am

Ouch, that's a tough loss to Milwaukee. I'd probably being back Rose around March here, but I'd agree that with his history, it'd be wise to sit him until next year irl. Considering any free agents?
Lamrock

Postby Mark. on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:00 am

Looking good man. I think it will be more rewarding in the long run if you struggle with Rose out. Will be interesting what you decide to do further on. Keep pushing for a spot or if it is looking pretty unlikely try gun for a high pick.

Liking the presentation and story. Only thing, perhaps at a totals row to your boxscore. Wouldn't be hard and saves the reader having to view the team stats screenie if they just want to see shooting percentages or totals for the volume stats etc.

EDIT: Oh forgot to add, keep those Boozer minutes high so you can showcase him and hope some sucker shows an interest :D
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby hova- on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:41 pm

Argh the Bucks beat you? Damn. .500 is still okay in the East though.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Lamrock wrote:Ouch, that's a tough loss to Milwaukee. I'd probably being back Rose around March here, but I'd agree that with his history, it'd be wise to sit him until next year irl. Considering any free agents?

Yeah I'd say mid March is a good estimation here :wink:

Mark. wrote:Looking good man. I think it will be more rewarding in the long run if you struggle with Rose out. Will be interesting what you decide to do further on. Keep pushing for a spot or if it is looking pretty unlikely try gun for a high pick.

Liking the presentation and story. Only thing, perhaps at a totals row to your boxscore. Wouldn't be hard and saves the reader having to view the team stats screenie if they just want to see shooting percentages or totals for the volume stats etc.

EDIT: Oh forgot to add, keep those Boozer minutes high so you can showcase him and hope some sucker shows an interest :D

Cheers Mark, I don't like the idea of tanking so I'll do the best to win, but definitely not bringing Rose back if team's struggling. No point :wink:
Will do for the boxscores, thanks for the suggestion (Y) n yeah I wouldn't mind being able to trade Booze for something, but as I said, I'm doing my best to win so if he's playing crap I'm (well, Thibs is) taking him out in favor of Taj :)

hova- wrote:Argh the Bucks beat you? Damn. .500 is still okay in the East though.

Yeah we got blown out too....just got so little offense and so hard to create it with Rose out :|
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Durant35 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:16 pm

Hope you sign T-Mac! Perfect fit IMO!
Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Durant35 wrote:Hope you sign T-Mac! Perfect fit IMO!

Ahh he is playing in China though so unless he comes back to the NBA irl I will avoid picking him up...The Bulls are almost capped out (hard cap wise) anyways lol :| It's unfortunate how his career's gone down in a hurry, hope he does return soon (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:00 am

Boozer, Noah Dominates As Bulls Beat Down Bucks

With Boozer playing well even on defense, the Bucks had no shot

Chicago, IL -- After being blown out of Milwaukee in a shocking upset to end their up and down two week road trip, Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau called out his team, saying that their effort was “pathetic”.

They responded in a big way.

With the Bucks following them back to Chicago, the Bulls were intensed and focused into attaining vengeance, and played with perhaps their highest level of effort on the night. Despite shooting poorly on offense, they never gave up and racked up 15 offensive rebounds as a unit while also scrambling on defense, holding the Bucks to just 37% from the field as they celebrated their homecoming with a 90-76 victory.

Fueled by the desire to shake off his critics, Carlos Boozer rebounded in the best possible fashion after a dismal 8 point, 4 rebound performance on Saturday night, and finished with his seventh career 20 point, 20 rebound performance – his first as a member of the Chicago Bulls. He grabbed 8 offensive rebounds and even had 2 steals and 2 blocks, contributing to both sides of the basketball, a rare occurrence for Boozer.

In addition, center Joakim Noah notched his second career triple double as he put up 19 points, 12 rebounds, and 10 assists in the victory, bouncing back from a 2 for 11 outing in Milwaukee. Coincidently, Noah’s lone triple double prior to this came also at the expense of the Bucks, a 110-91 Bulls victory also at the United Center last season.

“Coach Thibs said we needed to play with more energy down low and that’s what me and Jo did tonight” said Boozer, “The guys were active and that hustle got us the W”

To cap things off, Deng chipped in with a further 17 points and 10 rebounds, as the Bulls front court rotation carried their struggling backcourt.

Kirk Hinrich (3-13) and Richard Hamilton (2-8) combined for just 11 points as they couldn’t hit anything from the field. Nate Robinson (2-9), and Marco Belinelli (2-6) weren’t much better either, as they only added 5 each coming off the bench.

“We just missed open shots, I’m not too worried about that” said Thibodeau, “They’ll fall eventually”

On the otherside of the floor, the Bucks were just dominated by the Bulls defense.

Monta Ellis, who scored 30 on the Bulls on Saturday, went 8 for 21 for 17 points while Brandon Jennings, in his first game coming back from a strained achillies tendon, was held to just 12 points on 5 for 20 shooting. The duo also combined for 5 turnovers.

With their primary ball handlers struggling, the Bucks could only get points off offensive rebounds and fastbreak points. Larry Sanders came away with 8 points and 12 rebounds (2 offensive) and Tobias Harris chipped in with 11 and 7 of his own.

Against the energized Boozer and Noah though, it just wasn’t enough, and the Bucks drop to 4-8 for the season while the Bulls once again climb back above .500 with a record of 7-6.

Game Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [7-6] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Home Sweet Home

Postby Mark. on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:15 am

Nice win mate. Love the TD from Noah
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby hova- on Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 pm

Wow, Noah Triple Double and Boozer 20/20. Doesn't happen all too often. Great win, good revenge.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Durant35 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Nice one! Hope more wins to come!

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!
Click the pic!

Durant35

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:13 am

Mark. wrote:Nice win mate. Love the TD from Noah

Thanks Mark, its even better considering he got one IRL not long after I played this game :P

hova- wrote:Wow, Noah Triple Double and Boozer 20/20. Doesn't happen all too often. Great win, good revenge.

I don't remember occasions IRL when this has happened, does anyone know? Thanks man, sweet revenge for sure :)

Durant35 wrote:Nice one! Hope more wins to come!

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!

Cheers, definitely a sick dunk (Y)

I do apologize for the unannounced hiatus guys, should be back updating after the New Years festivities. Happy New Year to you all!! :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood