River Walk Chronicles ♦ ///

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [18-7] RWC ♦ Connecticut @ Duke + TD injury...

Postby mp3 on Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Glad to see this one is still going , i had the faith but i didnt check in here for a fair few weeks so i had my doubts but WELL DONE fella !

Goodluck vs the Grizz and hopefully McDyess carries the load at PF !
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Murat on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:53 am

Well done...but what? What did you do to Fundamental? It's very bad. What I can say is I'm waiting March Madness Thierry!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:17 am

mp3 wrote:Glad to see this one is still going , i had the faith but i didnt check in here for a fair few weeks so i had my doubts but WELL DONE fella !

Goodluck vs the Grizz and hopefully McDyess carries the load at PF !

Thanks a lot man! :D I still don't know where I'll put McDyess and Blair. In all those games I put Blair at PF and Duncan at C, may switch them, Blair at C, but not sure, specially with Marc Gasol on the other side, dunno if Blair can keep up.

Badger wrote:Well done...but what? What did you do to Fundamental? It's very bad. What I can say is I'm waiting March Madness Thierry!

What did I do? He just got injured! :lol: Wouldn't call it "March Madness" but just NCAA Playoffs, considering the limits on 2k10... rest assured, all 12 NLSCers will be on the playoffs with 4 other NCAA teams, for the CPU to decide as the season goes.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby john26 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:18 am

some injuries here on your key players, parker and now duncan. but i like that the spurs are still going old school with Dice
john26

[19-7] River Walk Chronicles ♦ S01E26 vs. Memphis Grizzlies

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:58 am

West-leading Spurs ride Ginobili & Splitter efforts, march over Grizzlies
Preview | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (MEM :: SAS)
Edited the boxscores a little with FTs and +/-

SAN ANTONIO, December 18 -- Without Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, the odds didn't support the Spurs. The bets were with Memphis. As always, an upset could happen, maybe a thriller in the last quarter, but not a shredding like this. The San Antonio Spurs scored 69 points in the first half and rolled past the Grizzlies, 109-85 for their fourth consecutive win. Manu Ginobili had 21 points and six rebounds for the Spurs, while DeJuan Blair had 17 points while taking just eight field goals. “Tonight's game felt like kind of a trap game because Tony and Tim were not playing,” Grizzlies' Zach Randolph said. “I wanted to make sure from the jump that we didn't take the game for granted. But Ginobili was just unstoppable.” Tiago Splitter had 10 points, seven rebounds and a game-best +25, and Corey Maggette added 10 points and four rebounds for the Spurs, but Maggette struggled, shooting 2-of-9 from the field. San Antonio owns the Western Conference's best record at 19-7 and lead the Southwest Division by 2 games over the Dallas Mavericks. San Antonio shot 36-of-71 field goals (.507%), and a huge .400% from 3-point territory (6-of-15).

“Pretty good squad,” said Memphis head coach Lionel Hollins; the Grizzlies fell to 13-15. “It's tough against this team because they play great defense. I must admit I thought they would have problems getting guys touches with Parker and Duncan out, but they created a lot of easy stuff for everyone.” Randolph scored 15 points and a game-high 12 rebounds for Memphis and O.J. Mayo added a game-best 30 points, a whooping 13-of-20 from the floor. Rudy Gay and rookie Xavier Henry posted 14 and 10 points, respectively, as the Grizzlies lost three of their last four games. Playing without Duncan and Parker, the Spurs had a decided disadvantage before the game even begun. The Frenchman is three days away from his return, suffering from back spasms, while Mr. Fundamental is away for one more week after a lower back strain against Denver. “This was going to be a good test for us, I must say we overachieved,” Splitter said. “You have to do everything right when two of the team's best three players are out. Hopefully we did, it was a great win.”

The Spurs took advantage early, scoring a season-high 69 points in the first half -- while shooting an incredible 65 percent. The Grizzlies hadn't given up close to that many points in a half this year. With the Spurs up by 30, head coach Gregg Popovich paired Ginobili with four reserves for much of the second half, but the Grizzlies made a 13-2 run to cut the lead to 17. Garrett Temple and rookie James Anderson led San Antonio on a quick 8-0 run and didn't miss a beat in building a 25-point lead. George Hill only scored 6 points, in one of his worst games of the season, shooting 2-of-11. Popovich wanted to rest the starters as much as possible ahead of next Monday's game against Phoenix. “We took care of the game early and got a nice lead, so I allowed the bench guys to come out and play more minutes,” Popovich said. Blair also had a chance to lead the Spurs' second unit in the last 12 minutes, before joining Hill, Ginobili, Maggette and Antonio McDyess on the bench as the reserves cruised to a 27-point lead; McDyess had a solid game with 7 points and 8 boards. Temple scored a season-high 9 points while Anderson added 8 on 3-of-4 shots from beyond the arc, outscoring Memphis' bench, 48-20.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Video Music :: Figurines • “Silver Ponds” [Ben Watt Remix]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Facebook | Image Twitter | Image Texting | Image Podcast | Image MySpace | Image LinkedIn
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [19-7] River Walk Chronicles ♦ NCAA + Duncan out + Memph

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:02 pm

john26 wrote:some injuries here on your key players, parker and now duncan. but i like that the spurs are still going old school with Dice

Yep also liking the old-school lineup. I thought I could get a win, but not like this. Mayo was a monster but Conley, Gay were a little off. Might edit the sliders a little next game... a more contested game.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Axel The Great on Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:25 pm

Hot shooting bailed you out in that game. It's not always that a team missing 2 out of their 3 best players wins by that much. Still, excellent win, at least you don't have to wait much for Duncan and Parker to return. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:24 am

Axel. wrote:Hot shooting bailed you out in that game. It's not always that a team missing 2 out of their 3 best players wins by that much. Still, excellent win, at least you don't have to wait much for Duncan and Parker to return. :)

Yes it did. :| I have one more game without TP and TD... but I'll mess with the sliders a little so I get a more challenging game...
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby hova- on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:06 am

Good game, I would not change the sliders just because you're dominating without your two stars. At 19-7, I don't think you're too good. Memphis just sucks if you manage to keep them off the offensive board.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

River Walk Chronicles ♦ Thierry's Morning Coffee

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:20 am

Weekly Rewind N° 8 • Magic & Mickael Pietrus, injuries, rumors and more...
    nba.com/spurs/morningcoffee | December 19th, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- Welcome to the latest installment of my “Morning Coffee” blog, Spurs fanatics. I have some more tidbits here in the table for us to discuss. I'm doing a weekly report with things that happened around the league, including: in my opinion, the most interesting game of the week; signings & waivings; POTW honors; Power Rankings; injury report; All-Star voting and trading rumors. Hope you join the discussion!

Best Vinsanity of the season carries Magic to rout over ClippersVince Carter scored 42 points and dished out five assists in leading the Orlando Magic to their fourth straight win on December 12, a 121-97 blowout of the Los Angeles Clippers at the Staples Center. Carter shot an incredible 16-of-18 from the field, including 7-of-8 bombs from beyond the arc, bouncing back from terrible performances, like in Nov 22, against San Antonio (where he needed 39 shots for 31 points). Dwight Howard added 14 and Rashard Lewis 12 for Orlando. Now, the surging Magic have won four of their last five games, and stay at home for three of their next four, including a rematch against the Spurs on December 23. “This does a lot for our confidence,” Lewis said. “To win all this games, gives you a certain swagger.” The Clippers, who got 20 points from Chris Kaman, never led in this one and fell behind by 25 points entering the fourth period. “They made every shot in the world,” Clips' Blake Griffin said. “They are hard to handle when Carter and Dwight are coming at you like that.” Griffin made his comeback from a broken toe -- suffered on October 31 -- and posted 16 points and five boards for Los Angeles.

Pietrus to test value on next free agency • Looks like Orlando Magic swingman Mickael Pietrus will be one of the top names on everyone's free agent list this coming June as he will decline his player option for 2011-12. Pietrus is scoring a career-low in points since his rookie year, but the heart and hustle he has showed with the Magic this season helped people to see the Frenchman from a new perspective. A perspective that should see Pietrus get a significant raise in his new salary, though he says he wants to win a championship. “I'm always going to try to get something that I feel is market value or what I'm worth. But, it's a lot of different things that could sway my decision right now. I want to win,” Pietrus told ESPN Sportscenter. “Then obviously, the financial side of it, for my security for my family. You kind of weigh those two things, and you just got to go from there. I've got to make the best decision for myself.”

Players of the Week • The Oklahoma City Thunder's Kevin Durant and the Miami Heat's LeBron James today were named the Western and Eastern Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played December 12 - 18. Durant wins the award for third consecutive time, while James has won it for the fifth time in a row. Durant and the Thunder had a 3-0 week, in wins over Cleveland, Houston and Sacramento. "Durantula" averaged 29.0 points, 7.3 rebounds and 3.6 steals for Oklahoma City. James averaged 26.7 points along with 8.0 rebounds and 7.2 assists, as the Heat posted a 3-1 week, with James having two near triple doubles, in a loss at New York (18 points, 8 boards, 9 assists) and a victory at Washington (17 points, 11 rebounds, 9 dimes), and a 40-5-5 statline when the Cavaliers came to South Beach.

Power RankingsBest teams of the week? San Antonio (4-0), Portland (4-1), Oklahoma City (3-0), and Chicago (3-0). The worst? Philadelphia (1-4), Minnesota (0-4), Milwaukee (0-3) and Charlotte (0-3). High jumps -- Golden State (+8), Utah (+8) Toronto (+6), Oklahoma City (+6); Free falls -- Milwaukee (-8), Houston (-8), New Jersey (-6), Philadelphia (-6). Check the power rankings (Top 7) here.

Injury report • Sorted by injuries with most duration, here you can check the full injury report. Toronto Raptors' Andrea Bargnani will miss the rest of the season after suffering a torn patellar tendon in December 17, in the Raptors' victory over the New Jersey Nets. “He's a strong kid,” said head coach Jay Triano, visibly shaken. “He's going to bounce back from this next year, I'm sure of this.” Bargnani dropped to the floor, grimacing after colliding with a driving Jordan Farmar midway through the third quarter. Bargnani was immediately surrounded by the Raptors medical staff. The game was stopped for almost 6 minutes and the Italian was moved to a stretcher and wheeled from the court. In other news, an MRI revealed that Philadelphia 76ers' forward Andres Nocioni has a torn hamstring, which could keep him out for at least 6 weeks. “I'm just trying to make sure I take precautions,” Nocioni said. Nocioni already missed the World Championships with Argentina's national team because of another injury.

All-Star Voting • The 2011 NBA All-Star Ballot was unveiled on November 18th, during a special tip-off event in Los Angeles, the Official Host City of NBA All-Star 2011, and All-Star Balloting began on November 25th at 3 p.m. ET. The 60th NBA All-Star Game, which will air live on TNT and ESPN Radio in the U.S., and reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories in more than 40 languages, will be played at STAPLES Center on Sunday, Feb. 20, 2011. NBA All-Star 2011 in Los Angeles will bring together some of the most talented and passionate players in the league’s history for a global celebration of the game. Los Angeles and the STAPLES Center will host NBA All-Star 2011, marking the fifth time The City of Angels and the second time STAPLES Center will be the site of the annual celebration. STAPLES Center last played host to NBA All-Star in 2004, and L.A. also hosted the All-Star Game in 1963, 1972, and 1983. To vote for your Spurs players you'd like to see play in the NBA All-Star Game, text the player's LAST NAME to 69622 (MYNBA).

West Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL), 1.364.155; Deron Williams (UTA), 1.037.088; Chris Paul (NO), 929.499; Monta Ellis (GS), 812.127; Brandon Roy (POR), 673.218.
      West Forwards: Kevin Durant (OKC), 1.121.533; Carmelo Anthony (DEN), 956.288; Dirk Nowitzki (DAL), 747.794; Pau Gasol (LAL), 725.961; Tim Duncan (SA), 661.899.
      West Centers: Yao Ming (HOU), 619.817; Chris Kaman (LAC), 410.989; Andrew Bynum (LAL), 403.067; Emeka Okafor (NO), 362.747; Marcus Camby (POR), 318.222.

East Guards: Dwyane Wade (MIA), 1.211.263; Derrick Rose (CHI), 743.436; Rajon Rondo (BOS), 689.252; Stephen Jackson (CHA), 633.884; Gilbert Arenas (WAS), 593.229.
      East Forwards: LeBron James (MIA), 1.494.706; Amar'e Stoudemire (NY), 858.389; Chris Bosh (MIA), 791.771; Josh Smith (ATL), 697.778; Gerald Wallace (CHA), 644.006.
      East Centers: Dwight Howard (ORL), 836.089; Brook Lopez (NJ), 540.289; Andrew Bogut (MIL), 441.836; Andrea Bargnani (TOR), 413.737; Al Horford (ATL), 387.576.
    Suns sign Rafer Alston • Phoenix Suns general manager Lance Blanks announced today that guard Rafer Alston has been signed as a free agent. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Alston, 6-2, 175-pounds, averaged 8.2 points over 27.3 minutes last season, in stints with the New Jersey Nets and the Miami Heat. Originally selected by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 1998 NBA Draft out of Fresno State, Alston has career-averages of 10.1 points and 4.8 assists per game, including a 14.2 points and 6.4 assists season with the Toronto Raptors (2004-05). The Suns also made this move considering point guard Goran Dragic is recovering from an injury with the D-League's Iowa Energy.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Facebook | Image Twitter | Image Texting | Image Podcast | Image MySpace | Image LinkedIn
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [19-7] River Walk Chronicles ♦ NCAA + Memphis + Coffee.

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:21 am

hova- wrote:Good game, I would not change the sliders just because you're dominating without your two stars. At 19-7, I don't think you're too good. Memphis just sucks if you manage to keep them off the offensive board.

Ah ok, thanks for the tip Hov (Y) If I dominate the next game (against Phoenix), might change the sliders a little then.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

River Walk Chronicles ♦ D-League Report (Nov/Dec)

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:35 am

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [19-7] RWC ♦ Memphis + Coffee + D-League report.

Postby Mark. on Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:31 am

Shit that D-League coverage is mint dude (Y) I dont get why Peaches wants to test free agency if he is concerned about winning, wouldn't it be easiest to stay with the contending team he is on now ? :P
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Martti. on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:52 am

Wow, I haven't even checked the D-League in any of the associations I've done. :P

Your guys are tearing it up. You thing you might call one of them up sometime?
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Mandich on Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:01 pm

That D league coverage is amazing Thierry :D (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:21 pm

Martti. wrote:Wow, I haven't even checked the D-League in any of the associations I've done. :P

Me too :wink: I hate how it's all generic players instead of real D-leaguers
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:12 pm

Nice to see some D-League coverage. Good to see you are using it.

Not a fan of the sticky tape on the players. With such a professional looking report seems a shame to sticky tape perfectly cut out pics of the players.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

[20-7] River Walk Chronicles ♦ S01E27 vs. Phoenix Suns

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:16 am

Spurs shoot down Phoenix behind double-doubles by McDyess and Splitter
Preview | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (PHX :: SAS)

SAN ANTONIO, December 20 -- The San Antonio Spurs are doing their best work at home these days. Antonio McDyess scored a season-best 19 points, and Tiago Splitter added 17 as the Spurs won their fourth straight contest at the AT&T Center, beating the Phoenix Suns, 106-94. Corey Maggette and Manu Ginobili scored 16 apiece for San Antonio, who shot 49 percent and improved to 20-7. “I feel good about the way we've been playing at home,” Ginobili said. “I know the coach feels good about it as well.” The Spurs have three tough ones at home coming up starting this Wednesday against the Denver, then a game at Orlando against the Magic the next day before returning Sunday night to Texas to play against Washington and the LA Lakers. The Spurs built a 21-point lead in the third quarter, before Phoenix got it to 6 at 77-71 with 3:35 left on a 3 by Hedo Turkoglu. That's when Ginobili, who had 10 points in the second half, made a 3-pointer to give the Spurs a 80-71 and start a 10-0 run, to enter the third quarter with a 87-71 score. Manu was 6-of-14 overall from the floor, 2-of-3 from 3-point land.

Steve Nash scored 18 points to go with 12 assists and Turkoglu added 16 for Phoenix, which played without Jared Dudley and Goran Dragic because of injuries, Dragic recovering with the D-League's Iowa Energy. The Suns were playing their third game in four nights, but stayed close until the Spurs put it away with that last run in the third period. “We played them pretty good in the second quarter, but we gave them too much in the third,” said Grant Hill, who had ten points. Phoenix shot 38 percent (40-for-103), with Josh Childress and Jason Richardson scoring 13 points each. Robin Lopez (10 points, 11 boards) scored to start the fourth quarter and a four-point play by Richardson put Phoenix down by 10. Ginobili was called for goaltending on Nash's inside shot, and Ginobili was whistled for a foul and drew a technical for complaining. Turkoglu made a free throw and Richardson another. Childress converted a three-point play on an explosive dunk and Phoenix was slowly reviving, down by only 3 points: it was 91-88 with 4:09 to play. But McDyess and Splitter weren't done.

After McDyess' layup, Splitter made a 16-footer and Larry Hughes got another layup after a turnover by Nash, putting San Antonio ahead 97-88. “I came out aggressive, which allowed me to open stuff up,” McDyess said. “We swing the ball and make the extra pass to the open teammate. I think I got a lot of those shots tonight.” McDyess shot 7-of-8 from the field. After going 0-of-4 from beyond the arc against Memphis, Maggette was 0-of-3 before making a 3-pointer to end the skid and post a 15-6 run to finish the contest. Splitter finished the night with a career-high 13 rebounds and McDyess had 10 (also a game-best plus-minus of +19), as the frontcourt duo finished with double-doubles for San Antonio. “Our reserves moved the ball better, ran it down the floor,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “Also our rebounding advantage (53-36) and the points in the paint (64-40). Those were the keys.” The Spurs bench defeated Phoenix's, 42-35. Tony Parker, sidelined with back spasms, is scheduled to make his return to the team this Wednesday against the Nuggets. “We're confident in our building. The fans are behind us and the energy that they're feeding us out there is really helping,” Parker said.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Video Music :: Serge Devant • “Wanderer”

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [20-7] RWC ♦ Coffee + D-League report + E27.

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:16 am

Mark. wrote:Shit that D-League coverage is mint dude (Y) I dont get why Peaches wants to test free agency if he is concerned about winning, wouldn't it be easiest to stay with the contending team he is on now ? :P

Thanks man. Just reporting what Pietrus is thinking! Orlando is 15-11, if I remember correctly...

Martti. wrote:Wow, I haven't even checked the D-League in any of the associations I've done. :P

Your guys are tearing it up. You thing you might call one of them up sometime?

There are some nice players in the D-League, but considering there are free agents, almost no one checks :lol: Yeah no doubt, will call them later in the season when I'm already on the playoffs... also the plan is having them on the Spurs rotation next year.

mandich wrote:That D league coverage is amazing Thierry :D (Y)

Thanks man! Every 19th, there's a report like this one...

Valor wrote:Me too :wink: I hate how it's all generic players instead of real D-leaguers

Yeah, all generic guys sucks, but makes a good case to invent a storyline.

The X wrote:Nice to see some D-League coverage. Good to see you are using it.

Not a fan of the sticky tape on the players. With such a professional looking report seems a shame to sticky tape perfectly cut out pics of the players.

Thanks X... gonna delete the sticky tapes then! Liking how the report turned out, but I still can't believe I got "perfect" cut outs. :D I suck at that.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Clutch on Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:41 am

sub 5 mins is getting better (Y) you somehow half that and i'll watch it regularly ;)

nice recovery in the 4th considering your 3rd Q mental lapse... also good job on the DL report (agree w/X on losing hte sticky tape)
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Houndy on Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:32 am

Splitter's killing it
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

[21-7] River Walk Chronicles ♦ S01E28 vs. Denver Nuggets

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:14 am

In Parker's return, Nuggets rally from 18-point deficit but fall to Ginobili's buzzer-beater bomb
Preview | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (DEN :: SAS)

SAN ANTONIO, December 22 -- Rudy Fernandez got a look at how entertaining his new team can be. The result was the same as its been so far, though, for his Denver Nuggets against San Antonio: the Spurs won. Manu Ginobili sank a huge fadeaway jumper with 0.9 left to give the Spurs a 105-103 victory Wednesday night, improving their record against Denver to 2-0 this season, as the Nuggets are 0-3 since acquiring Fernandez. “I can't say I knew it was going in,” Ginobili said. “DeJuan gave me a great screen and I got a nice look, but I still can't believe it.” Ginobili scored 20 points to go with three rebounds and four assists, but scored only two points in the fourth: the huge winner; the arena's soundtrack was the fans' screaming in joy. Tiago Splitter scored 11 of his 18 points in the first half and Antonio McDyess added 16 points for San Antonio, who had the return of Tony Parker to the lineup. “It was an unbelievable shot by Manu,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “The jumpers they were hitting, we were up by double-digits twice but they came back. Billups hits a big one, Rudy hits another. Smith with the biggest, to tie it up. We stole a lot of fouls from them and we made our free throws. Luckily for us, Manu was there at the end.”

“Obviously, it was a great game,” Nuggets coach George Karl said. “I thought we played as hard as we could play and made some big shots and could have in certain circumstances won the game, but we didn't, that gave us another defeat.” The Nuggets forced a tied ballgame at 103 with dramatic jumpers by Carmelo Anthony and J.R. Smith, after being down by 6 points. But after a time out, San Antonio got the ball to the sharpshooting Argentinian, whose smooth fadeaway ended it, giving his team a sixth straight win. “When we were up by 18 and then down by 7, it just felt like it wasn't for us to win tonight,” said Parker, who posted 11 points and seven assists in his comeback. “But we're a team that shows a lot of perseverance and coach made the right call by giving Manu the last shot.” Anthony had a game-high 31 points for Denver, but needed 39 shots. Chauncey Billups scored 21, eight assists and four steals, while Smith scored 19, 9-of-15 from the field. Kenyon Martin was perfect from the field, 5-of-5, for 10 points and nine boards. Parker's 3-point play put San Antonio ahead 103-97 with 1:30 left in the fourth, but Billups made a layup and, as said, jumpers by Anthony and Smith tied the game at 103, 12.3 seconds from the end of the contest.

For the second straight game, and stepping up in the absence of Tim Duncan, Splitter and McDyess posted double-doubles; the Brazilian added 10 boards and McDyess 12 for San Antonio. Both teams shot 44 percent from the field and in total, had nine players in double figures, but combined for a terrible 3-of-31 3-pointers; devoid of beyond the arc shots. Corey Maggette added 11 points for the Spurs as George Hill went 2-of-9 from the field for only 8 points. “At least we didn't go into overtime again,” said Maggette, whose team will play at Orlando tomorrow against the Magic -- their third game in four days. “The Nuggets started off sluggish and we had a nice lead, but they fought back and battled shot for shot. Manu was there, thank God. There's no way we would've won this game without him. He can make any moment a big moment.” Maggette held Anthony to just four points in the last quarter when the Nuggets erased a new double-digit deficit -- Maggette held Anthony to 7-of-27 shooting in the Spurs' win a week ago. San Antonio's bench won the battle once again: 41-13, but the team had 13 turnovers against Denver's 5.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Video Music :: FC Kahuna • “Glitterball”
Tried to make the vid a little smaller, but just had to include the game's final 13 seconds with the buzzer-beater.

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [21-7] River Walk Chronicles ♦ D-League + E27 + E28...

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:17 am

Clutch wrote:sub 5 mins is getting better (Y) you somehow half that and i'll watch it regularly ;)

nice recovery in the 4th considering your 3rd Q mental lapse... also good job on the DL report (agree w/X on losing hte sticky tape)

Now it's 5:30, that last minute of the game was just incredible. If you can watch the second half of the vid :lol: Will lose the sticky tapes then.

Houndy wrote:Splitter's killing it

Another double-double this time. He's a huge player from the bench. :bowdown:

Edited the full index --
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:05 pm

Nice Buzzer Beater by Manu
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Mandich on Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:41 am

Wow you almost blew a big lead , nice game winner by Manu though (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame