NBA 2k9 Sliders thread

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

Postby eisfeld on Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:07 am

Wonderland wrote:Ok there's been an update to this. I think the file I initially posted may not have worked, so these should. Also, I made a few more tweaks to have some more fouls and tighter defense.

Wonderland's S&S (1.1)

Here are some post-game stats with these sliders, keeping in mind everything is halved so multiply by 2 for full-time stats.


looks pretty decent, although the rebounding stats for the user team is quite low compared to the cpu.
User avatar
eisfeld
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:59 pm
Location: Austria

Postby Wonderland on Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:22 am

Yeah, sliders and settings. I tweaked the settings to work along with the sliders, as far as fouling, game time, etc. so you might want to load them up and give it a try.

Hmmm.... you're right about rebounds eisfeld, at least in these three examples. I do remember having game where I dominated though. I'll have this in mind for further testing for a possible boost in User rebounding.
Wonderland
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 pm

Postby TC#10 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:56 am

When i played against the Houston Rockets, I noticed that T-Mac played the whole game without getting any rest. I play 8min quarters and he played for the whole 32mins. I've put Fatigue on, and Stamina to 35... but still T-Mac played the whole game. Any idea on how to make the cpu sub more often without having to manually do it for the cpu?
Official NBA 2K9 PC Version Appreciation Thread: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197649
TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC Thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... rs-pc.html
Ways to make CPU Superstars & PGs to be more Dominant: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=63361
User avatar
TC#10
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:45 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby Pdub on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:47 pm

Use a second controller or keyboard and select the cpu team and change their substitution method to rotation.

I am having no problems with the cpu making subs with their stamina set to 45 in the attributes sliders. I play on 9 minute quarters.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 13215
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 6:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Postby TC#10 on Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Pdub wrote:Use a second controller or keyboard and select the cpu team and change their substitution method to rotation.

I am having no problems with the cpu making subs with their stamina set to 45 in the attributes sliders. I play on 9 minute quarters.


Cool man thanks, what's your game speed btw? and any suggestions on increasing the number of touches the star player of the CPU team gets? and also any suggestions to get the cpu to pass around more before shooting?
User avatar
TC#10
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:45 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby Pdub on Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:39 pm

I don't know how to get the star player more touches, but I read several posts that the game plays better on Pro with a good ratio of shots between star players and role players and that the backdoor passes/points in the paint issue does not happen. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe changing the coach profiles and increasing the runs plays slider will help get stars more touches and shot opportunities. I play currently at gamespeed of 70 and player speed of 75, but I haven't broken 100 yet with either team, although I am getting 70-80 shot attempts per game. Maybe I'll increase the foul sliders. If you want the cpu to pass the ball more you are going to have to play some tough defense. Bring help defenders to double team and then switch to an off ball defender to rotate and play the passing lane.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 13215
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 6:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Postby Wonderland on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:09 am

Hey folks, there's been a major update to these sliders and can be found at the following link.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... tings.html

I'll be updating everything there from now on though I'll probably drop a post here mentioning of any updates. Definitely check out the first post for detailed info about how and why the sliders work.
Wonderland
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 pm

Postby TC#10 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:12 pm

Wonderland wrote:Hey folks, there's been a major update to these sliders and can be found at the following link.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... tings.html

I'll be updating everything there from now on though I'll probably drop a post here mentioning of any updates. Definitely check out the first post for detailed info about how and why the sliders work.


Hey man, could you post a picture of the sliders? I want to see which sliders you have changed instead of just replacing your settings with mine.
User avatar
TC#10
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:45 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby Wonderland on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:21 am

If/when I get around to doing that I'll post it at the link above. But until then, you can easily just load them up in your game without overwriting any of your own settings. That'd be much easier to see exactly what's changed. If you don't like it, just load your own back up.
Wonderland
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 pm

Postby TC#10 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:15 pm

True, but i just want to compare mine with yours. BTW any ideas on how to turn down the number of alley-opps the computer does?
Official NBA 2K9 PC Version Appreciation Thread: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197649
TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC Thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... rs-pc.html
Ways to make CPU Superstars & PGs to be more Dominant: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=63361
User avatar
TC#10
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:45 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby Wonderland on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:30 pm

All right, 3.0 is released which includes nigu's roster update.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... tings.html

Alley-oops would probably be related to offensive awareness. Try turning that down and see what you get.
Wonderland
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 pm

Postby GuCcI08 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:58 am

anyone who likes hardcore 12 min sim game chek this out!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... s-try.html
Last edited by GuCcI08 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
GuCcI08
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: New Orleans

Postby Cindicate on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:45 am

@Pdub
can you post here the sliders you use?

@all
can you please provide a copy here of your sliders so we can see beforehand the setup..
Cindicate
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:29 pm

Postby GuCcI08 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:59 pm

Blue-Lightning from 2k forum v2 sliders. if shooting percentage is high then set higher difficulty level.

45/40
50/50
50/45
50/40
40/30
30/30
70/70

50/50
45/43

50/50
25/25
75/75
50/50
80/70
65/40
60/60
50/50
50/45
50/40
50/50
40/40
50/50
50/50
55/40
40/15
50/50
60/40
50/50

50/25
50/75
50/45
50/30
25/25
50/40
50/55
50/55
20/50
50/40
50/50
55/65
65/50
45/45
70/45
60/60

by Beetlebum from operationsports forum: "I use these sliders at HOF level and all can say it's WOW, it's a whole new game!"
Image
User avatar
GuCcI08
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: New Orleans

Postby Pdub on Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:23 am

I was using BL sim sliders version 2 on AllStar difficulty that are posted above, but I tweaked them a bit. Then I read about playing on Pro with default sliders, tried it an I am enjoying it. I'm pretty much in a test association right now, tweaking sliders as I go along. I suggest doing that. Try BL sim sliders, then tweak them to fit your playing style.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 13215
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 6:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Postby GuCcI08 on Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:36 am

NBA 2k9 Sim Official 2 Sliders

Offense
User/Cpu
Close:48/48
Mid:45/45
3PT:43:40
Layup Success:50/50
Dunk:45/45
Dunk in Traffic:45/40
Screen Success:47/47


Defense
Steal Success:50/50
Help Defense Strength:60/45

Attributes
Stealing:40/40
Blocking:30/30
Offensive Awareness:50/45
Defensive Awareness:45/40
Offensive Rebound:45/40
Defensive Rebound:60/55

CPU Tendencies:
Close:45
Mid:55
3PT:35
Attack Basket:40
Finish Strong:45
Look for Post Players:50
Attempt Fadeaways:40
Attempt Hookshots:35
Attempt Putbacks:25
Flashy Passes:25
Attempt On-Ball Setals:40
Contest Shots:55
Sizeup:50

P.S. Some sliders are absent. They require no change from their default setting.

These sliders can be used by PC users that are seeking the best sliders.
Lilkane15

edit: I am currently using the_future420 slider. its for all-star 12 minute. definitely a good set ;) get it at operationsports.com
Image
User avatar
GuCcI08
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: New Orleans

Postby Wonderland on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:15 pm

Here's 4.0 of my sliders and should be the last version without frequent updates for a while at least.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nlf12e
Wonderland
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:03 pm

Postby GuCcI08 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:12 am

the_future420 from operationsport said that playin 11 min quarter is better than 12 min because the simple fact that there just aren't enough non-steal turnovers in this game.

2k doesn't have enough traveling calls, offensive foul calls, 3 in the key calls, errant passes out of bounds, etc.

These are the things that slow the game down and take time off the clock. Sometimes a team will have 5-6 possesions in an NBA game where they come down court, use 15-20 seconds of the shot clock and then commit a turnover before ever getting a shot up.

In NBA 2k9, we are lucky to get one of these possesions. As a result, almost every trip down court results in a shot attempt or trip to the line. So in a 12 min qtr game of 2k, we are going to have way more shot attempts on average in comparison to a real NBA game. Because of this, if we're looking for realistic FGA, FTA, and scores, going down to 11 minute quarters may be the best way to go about it.

even nogster a popular roster editor plays at 11 min. if u want to have realistic stats playin 12 min, u gotta play good defense right?

Pdub wrote:I don't know how to get the star player more touches, but I read several posts that the game plays better on Pro with a good ratio of shots between star players and role players and that the backdoor passes/points in the paint issue does not happen. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe changing the coach profiles and increasing the runs plays slider will help get stars more touches and shot opportunities. I play currently at gamespeed of 70 and player speed of 75, but I haven't broken 100 yet with either team, although I am getting 70-80 shot attempts per game. Maybe I'll increase the foul sliders. If you want the cpu to pass the ball more you are going to have to play some tough defense. Bring help defenders to double team and then switch to an off ball defender to rotate and play the passing lane.
this is absolutely true. everyone who is not playin on pro should switch to it :!:
Image
User avatar
GuCcI08
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: New Orleans

Postby TC#10 on Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:17 pm

Guys in my game, the CPU seem to wait till the end of the shot clock to shoot most of the time (5secs left then shoot), is there a way to make the cpu shoot earlier in the shot clock instead always shooting late?
Official NBA 2K9 PC Version Appreciation Thread: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197649
TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC Thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... rs-pc.html
Ways to make CPU Superstars & PGs to be more Dominant: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=63361
User avatar
TC#10
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:45 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby nicosantos76 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:01 am

TC#10 wrote:Guys in my game, the CPU seem to wait till the end of the shot clock to shoot most of the time (5secs left then shoot), is there a way to make the cpu shoot earlier in the shot clock instead always shooting late?


Have you played vs teams like Phoenix Suns?? Cause they shouldn't.

Each team has its own tempo, maybe you've been facing downtempo teams. Each team has its own sliders by the way and you can edit the offensive tempo, rebound charging tendency, etc... :wink:
nicosantos76
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:26 am

Postby TheBeast on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:44 am

Can I have some sliders for 5/6 mins,Pro/All-Star difficulty ? Thanks in advance guys.
User avatar
TheBeast
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:26 am
Location: Sofia,Bulgaria

Postby TC#10 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:52 am

nicosantos76 wrote:
TC#10 wrote:Guys in my game, the CPU seem to wait till the end of the shot clock to shoot most of the time (5secs left then shoot), is there a way to make the cpu shoot earlier in the shot clock instead always shooting late?


Have you played vs teams like Phoenix Suns?? Cause they shouldn't.

Each team has its own tempo, maybe you've been facing downtempo teams. Each team has its own sliders by the way and you can edit the offensive tempo, rebound charging tendency, etc... :wink:


I played against the Detroit Pistons, 3 out of 4 processions they have shot the ball at the end of the shot clock. I don't want to go thru each team's playbook and alter their tempo, is there anywhere in the sliders under gameplay i can alter to make each team run their offense a lil faster instead of them waiting till the end of the shot clock to shoot?
User avatar
TC#10
 
Posts: 708
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:45 pm
Location: Toronto

Postby nicosantos76 on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:38 pm

TC#10 wrote:
nicosantos76 wrote:
TC#10 wrote:Guys in my game, the CPU seem to wait till the end of the shot clock to shoot most of the time (5secs left then shoot), is there a way to make the cpu shoot earlier in the shot clock instead always shooting late?


Have you played vs teams like Phoenix Suns?? Cause they shouldn't.

Each team has its own tempo, maybe you've been facing downtempo teams. Each team has its own sliders by the way and you can edit the offensive tempo, rebound charging tendency, etc... :wink:


I played against the Detroit Pistons, 3 out of 4 processions they have shot the ball at the end of the shot clock. I don't want to go thru each team's playbook and alter their tempo, is there anywhere in the sliders under gameplay i can alter to make each team run their offense a lil faster instead of them waiting till the end of the shot clock to shoot?


The Pistons are a team that always run plays in real life. They're a slow tempo team.

Before modifying anything try the Suns, for example, because there's a huge difference on how different teams play.

Pistons and Spurs, for example, are clearly two slow tempo teams while Suns are just the opposite. Maybe you'll just have to increase the tempo a bit in the slow tempo teams and not in every team.

BTW, you can increase the game speed and reduce player's speed in the same proportion, I think that could work as I have them set that way and I don't feel the teams are running a slow offense at all.

Another thing you can do is to increase the ballhandling ability in CPU team. That will make it harder for you to stay in front of the PG or star player of the team you're facing. However, if you do this, you should increase the contest shot slider a lot to prevent superstars being unstoppable. If you increase ballhandling and keep Offensive Awareness at 60 as you have right now and Contested SHots at 20 as you have right now believe me Lebron will score 200 pts on you on a single quarter even double teamed.

:lol:
nicosantos76
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 6:26 am

Postby Pdub on Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:46 pm

What you can do is increase the shooting tendencies in the sliders, so the cpu is more likely to put up a shot quicker.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator
 
Posts: 13215
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 6:54 pm
Location: Pasadena, California, US

Postby GuCcI08 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:49 am

this is how to set up sliders for user vs user game:

pick a slider set u wunna use. make sure all user and cpu sliders are tha same. then both users will have tha same sliders. and save tha user vs user slider set. don't overwrite ur original one.
Image
User avatar
GuCcI08
 
Posts: 808
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 pm
Location: New Orleans

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest