Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Professional Wrestling (WWE, TNA, ROH, etc)

Postby bigh0rt on Tue May 19, 2020 1:23 am

So I've really enjoyed The Last Ride documentary on WWE Network. Part 1 was substantially better than Part 2, but both have been very enjoyable watches so far, and I'm looking forward to see what remains. I've gotta imagine you're loving it Andrew.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue May 19, 2020 1:39 am

I'm a bit behind on it (as I am with The Last Dance, funnily enough), but I've definitely enjoyed what I've seen so far. Given how protective he's been of kayfabe and his character over the years, it's awesome to see him pull back the curtain like this.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue May 19, 2020 5:12 am

Dark Side of the Ring finale is tomorrow night featuring Martha Hart talking about Owen. He is one of my favorites, so I'll definitely be tuning in. Much like the Benoit story, there was a lot of stuff kept from the media so it would be interesting to hear what went on behind the scenes
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby kidhybrid89 on Tue May 19, 2020 10:25 am

[Q] wrote:Dark Side of the Ring finale is tomorrow night featuring Martha Hart talking about Owen. He is one of my favorites, so I'll definitely be tuning in. Much like the Benoit story, there was a lot of stuff kept from the media so it would be interesting to hear what went on behind the scenes

I think it's going to make for one of the more interesting episodes.
kidhybrid89

Postby Andrew on Tue May 19, 2020 1:17 pm

The Owen episode, like the Benoit episode, should be a tough but fascinating watch.

Meanwhile, there goes WWE teasing an IIconics split, something that absolutely doesn't need to happen. I mean, they have chemistry as opponents because they were constant adversaries in PWA, but they do not need to split them up. They're a great double act, they're already doing a "former friends turned bitter rivals" angle with Sonya and Mandy on Smackdown, and the women's tag division shouldn't lose its only real team. Aside from being pretty depressing to see, it's just not a good move at all.

(Which is why WWE Creative are probably strongly considering it.)
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri May 22, 2020 4:14 am

Just got done watching the Owen episode and man, that was hard to watch. I remember I wasn't really watching regularly at the time, so I don't ever recall really seeing the Blue Blazer gimmick at all. It made me really sad to think about his career when Jericho said that there was no one in the company that could keep up with him at the time and named off all the people that would come shortly after. I am happy that the complete story got pieced together but I wish that we had learned more about Owen, the kind of person that he was, and the life that he lived. I love when people tell stories of him ribbing people. It seems like everyone that knew him had a story and no one had a bad thing to say about him.

I understand the two sides of the controversy now where Bret and the wrestling community want to honor and remember him but Martha doesn't want WWE profiting off of him.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri May 22, 2020 1:29 pm

Apparently there are some deleted scenes that talk about his reputation as a ribber.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue May 26, 2020 1:54 pm

phpBB [video]

That's more like it. Some of that old viciousness is back.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Lean on Tue May 26, 2020 3:22 pm

It looks like they retconned the tease of the breakup last week. Also, are those NXT talents in the background? I thought I saw Shotzi Blackheart and Jessamin Duke in there.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue May 26, 2020 9:58 pm

Yeah, they've started using wrestlers as a crowd as AEW has been doing.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby deihatein on Wed May 27, 2020 2:41 pm

APOLLO CREWS IS THE UNITED STATES CHAMPION.

THIS IS REAL! 2020 IS SAVED
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby Andrew on Wed May 27, 2020 2:53 pm

If there's an upside to the thinner roster during the pandemic, it's that some underused people are getting a chance to shine.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Previous

Return to Off-Topic