Anthony Davis is a good sport (MyCAREER)

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Anthony Davis is a good sport (MyCAREER)

Postby Andrew on Mon May 04, 2020 12:00 am

Just finished the first season in MyCAREER, and swept the Lakers in the Finals. Afterwards, I got this text message from Anthony Davis.

Makes me think that there was an assumption that most people would be playing with the Lakers in MyCAREER. As it stands, The Brow comes off looking like a good sport...or wanting to share in the glory despite being on the losing team. Either way, I thought it was pretty funny.

That's given me some closure after ending up getting hooked again this year. Having reached 99.9 Overall and maxed out my Badges, set a bunch of records, and played most of the season through to the championship, I'm going to try to sim my way into the Hall of Fame, and just keep my player for online play if I feel like jumping on. It was fun though, and the addition of the championship parade in The Neighborhood was something different on top of the usual post-game celebration. I got a kick out of seeing a QTE to gain fans while riding on the bus during the parade; that was funny as well.

It's been a fun ride on this generation, but I'm definitely ready to put aside MyCAREER. I thought I was done already but I made the mistake of trying it out, taking a couple of games seriously, and subsequently getting stuck into it again in NBA 2K20. Come NBA 2K21, I think I'll just have to leave it alone entirely to break the habit. In theory it's worth grinding up a player for online use, but unfortunately that scene isn't as good as it used to be, so it's definitely more out of habit than appeal these days. I've been able to break it up with MyTEAM though, so it'll be nice to spend more time elsewhere now.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Anthony Davis is a good sport (MyCAREER)

Postby mp3 on Tue May 05, 2020 3:49 pm

In reality imagine if theses texts were real and the Lakers had just been swept lol

I wonder if AD is hinting at teaming up with you since he's a FA now right?
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue May 05, 2020 5:15 pm

He re-signed with the Lakers while the Bulls signed Jahlil Okafor in the offseason. GarPax are clearly still running the team in this reality.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue May 05, 2020 5:53 pm

He's the cover boy so I figured it's special content just to involve him, much like they did Joel Embiid in Live
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Tue May 05, 2020 8:19 pm

Oh iam sorry Andrew, must feel like Eddy Curry is back in Chicago
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue May 05, 2020 9:13 pm

[Q] wrote:He's the cover boy so I figured it's special content just to involve him, much like they did Joel Embiid in Live

I assume so as well. Funny given the circumstances, though!

mp3 wrote:Oh iam sorry Andrew, must feel like Eddy Curry is back in Chicago

Good thing I'm going to be mostly simulating from here on out!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K20