Help Diagnosing Random Crashes Mid Game

Talk about NBA 2K20 here.

Help Diagnosing Random Crashes Mid Game

Postby CJVol10 on Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:04 pm

Hello all! I've been recently having some crashes without warning during some games for the past few weeks and I can't seem to narrow down what's causing it. I also had been having crashes during the the edit draft class screen when I would hold the left stick down to scroll through players, but that seems to have fixed itself somehow. I've tried a couple different older graphics drivers and also verified both the game on steam and my windows files and everything came back clean.

Is there a tool or anything I can search for in the files that would help narrow and determine what's causing the crashing? I've contacted 2K support over a week ago and haven't heard back.
CJVol10

Re: Help Diagnosing Random Crashes Mid Game

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:34 pm

Are you using any mods? If so, there could be a conflict there, so it's a matter of removing them one by one (or removing them all and adding them back one by one) to track down the possible culprit.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Re: Help Diagnosing Random Crashes Mid Game

Postby CJVol10 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:30 am

I am using a few mods, but I removed all the mods that would have been present in the game I was playing (Clippers vs Raptors) and it still crashed. Can they still crash even though I removed the ones that were going to be present?

I'm also using looyh's hook too if that could be a cause.
CJVol10

Return to NBA 2K20