Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby air gordon on Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:09 am

nice for a change to have a little optimism heading into the season. maybe they can be in the running for a final playoff spot if everyone stays healthy. maybe.

at least they will be watchable
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:26 pm

laurie was beasting. maybe boylen is a genius for barely running any plays for him in the preseason and then unleashing him in the opener.

too bad they lost to a bunch of dudes all looking the same that went bonkers shooting 3's.

carter has some good moments too
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:14 am

nice game vs the grizz. JJJ is great. too bad they have the worst wing rotation in the league.

max contract lavine showed up and White has been great. Im not sure who's game his resembles. maybe some kind of mix of ben gordon and derrick rose lol. liking his aggressive play. doesnt seemed scared to take big shots so far
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:18 am

1 week in and the bulls already looking like league trash in crunch time. portis gets his revenge game
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:09 pm

Not a great start, and a disappointing loss to the Cavs. I like the potential of the Markkanen, LaVine, and White trio, but the team's been a bummer through the first five games. Remains to be seen how many Bulls games they'll show here this year between pay TV and free-to-air, though the last couple of years they've tended to lose most of the ones I've gotten to watch anyway. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:22 am

correction. they are league trash overall. it was supposed to be a soft schedule early on. drose coming to town next and he's been looking pretty spry
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:33 am

Another 50-point game incoming.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:24 am

that was a take one step back from the ledge win. just when you thought lavine was going full choke mode in the 4th with 2 TO's, he comes back with 2 big 3pters.

concerning news of porter jr having some hip issues (again) but he showed up.

DRose still looks like he got it. still beloved by the Chicago fans. Tony snell, who looks like thon maker if you're not paying attention.. not so much :lol:
Jump.
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:14 am

pathetic loss to a pacers team missing a bunch of starters. boylen on the inside track as first coach to get fired
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:15 am

Rockets game is going to be shown here this weekend. Got a hunch that one won't be pretty, but I'll tune in all the same.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:05 am

i suspect a majority of the posts should start off as pathetic loss to <insert team name here>

seemed like they were excited to have lakers at the UC but went in their normal shell come the 4th quarter. nice to see LBJ really into it.

really sad they blew the lead with LBJ and davis on the bench. looks like the artist known as superman still has some left in the tank. get it, dwight

lauri is lost
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:07 am

How many more games before Boylen gets canned?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:31 am

with this clown car management & ownership, he's likely to last all season only because he signed that contract extension

looked like it was pregame layup lines happening during the game vs hawks. kris dunn really likes playing against trae young
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:33 am

Good point. Presumably they won't want to be paying him, someone else, and whatever's left on Hoiberg's contract.

If he does get canned during the season though, I say it'll be right around Christmas. The old Scott Skiles Special.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:11 pm

If the NBA was anything like Euro Soccer league, the Bulls and the Knicks would be the first team to get demoted to the D-League. :lol:

Should the Bulls now adapt Hinkie's trust the process plan?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:18 am

I figured they were doing a version of that as soon as they traded Jimmy Butler; that was definitely a "start over" move. It's looking like losing a lot of games won't be a problem to "accomplish" (for lack of a better word) this season either, so I imagine they'll end up with a lottery pick once again.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:22 am

surprisingly management actually put an expectation on the team by saying they want to make the playoffs. unlikely they will be held accountable though if it doesn't happen
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:02 am

It could still happen, in all fairness. Teams with worst starts have come back to make the Playoffs, it's not like anyone's mathematically out this early on. Hardly a lock, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:07 am

Coby White goddamit such a promising start but it went quickly downhill from there. Is it just me or he's the most blocked player in the league in this young season? Lauri needs some post-up plays drawn for him he's been successful with it at earlier games...
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:15 am

White's still showing flashes of what he's capable of. There's work to be done and adjustments to be made to succeed at the NBA level, so I'd say he just needs more time.

Watching the game against the Rockets - fun first half, rough second half - I've become a fan of Chandler Hutchison. I'm not suggesting he's a future star or anything, but he could be a really good role player for them. He was entertaining with those dunks if nothing else, and he does have some all-around skill and athleticism. As I said, I'm a fan.

As a team they were ice cold from three, and it put them in a hole. They were getting good looks too, so it was just one of those nights.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:27 am

Andrew wrote: I've become a fan of Chandler Hutchison. I'm not suggesting he's a future star or anything, but he could be a really good role player for them. He was entertaining with those dunks if nothing else, and he does have some all-around skill and athleticism. As I said, I'm a fan.

I can say I might be as well. Perhaps because he kinda look like Scottie (not talking about his skills but his physic) so I want him to excel specially on defense.
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby air gordon on Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:10 am

Hutch is ok. good to have someone else that can run on the break

if they lost to NYK it may been time to donate to another anti management sign

i blame Laurie's struggles mostly on boylen. i agree with getting the guy some touches in the post.

Coby White for 3!
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:17 am

air gordon wrote:Coby White for 3!

Every player has his career night against the Knicks.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:31 am

Youngest player to hit seven threes in a game. Sometimes he'll struggle, sometimes he'll do that. The skills are there, gotta like his potential.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:35 am

the white game seems like ages ago after 2 terrible losses to bucks and levert & irving-less nets. i'm pretty sure shumpert was bagging groceries last week and then puts on a jersey against the bulls and schools them

fire boylen
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball