Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Jackal on Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:02 pm

[Q] wrote:I'm sorry but after that performance if they got Leonard it's a guaranteed title lol

Jackal

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:05 am

Jackal wrote:AD wants to play the 4 but he'll probably play a lot of minutes at the 5 at the end of games. I get him not wanting to be a full time 5 given his health and I'd prefer if they had a legit 5 on the roster. Heck even a big like McGee could come back. Robin Lopez/DeAndre Jordan..enough

An interesting situation since LBJ best position on defense is at PF. I say just leave AD at center. Lumbering men are nearly extinct and his defense is better utilized helping off a center vs a perimeter shooting pf.

Spend some peanuts on a reserve traditional big imo
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:16 am

I completely agree, a traditional big would basically be there much like GS. I’m thinking more load management for AD during the season against the Steven Adams/Kanter/Jordan.

A majority of the time the team will definitely be AD/James/Kuz/G/G.

Remains to be seen how Pelinka fills the rest of the roster. Can’t believe he messed up the trade with the Pelicans by not accounting for a third max slot. For someone touted to be a CBA expert, he’s been underwhelming.

They got AD in spite of management.

Also the Rambi being that entrenched in decision making is just sickening.

It’s a good thing they are in LA. These fuckers would get no one if they were in Minnesota or so.

Depending on how they fill the rest of the roster is how I’ll judge Pelinka. For now he’s ranking super low. He also signed off on the dumbass roster moves under Magic.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:58 am

hearing lakers fans complain about pelinka and cap space after landing AD....

i think Bill Simmons is coming out with yet another podcast lambasting the trade lol
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:04 pm

I think I just became a Lakers fan, not just a regular one but perhaps the most loyal one ever by all highest standard. drops the mic

C'mon Kawhi, come to the La La land.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:55 pm

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH
Mod Threads
2k14|2k15|2k16
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Lol my friends are so upset, but I figure we still get Davis, so Leonard was a bonus. We all figured he was going to the Clippers before the Lakers rumors started so he used that as leverage
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:21 pm

Lakers have also picked up Danny Green, so there's some shooting.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:52 am

Yeah, and that was initially what we needed before the Kawhi hoopLA started, so mission accomplished, I say.

Troy Daniels also adds shooting off the bench for cheap. That was such an Achilles heel last year, especially free throw shooting in close games
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:32 am

And now, DeMarcus Cousins.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Breems on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:37 am

Are we doing the '17-18 Pelicans + LeBron?
Breems
Back in my day...

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball