Hoop Universe (Working Title)

Talk about any and all other basketball video games including NBA Jam, NBA Street, college basketball games, and more. General basketball video game discussion and comparison topics are also welcome here.

Re: Hoop Universe (Working Title)

Postby Dr B on Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:52 am

I've been working on adding a jump shot animation and player accessories (some screens below), but took a break from that last night during the draft to start thinking about how I would try to capture a draft experience in a game. This is something that has always left me a little disappointed in video games. It seems like I'm either mindlessly skipping through one computer pick after another (since I only control 1 of 30 teams) or just trying to make trades for the #1 pick before the start of the draft. I think pre-draft research & strategy is part of makes the draft so exciting - we hear about all of these guys for a year and all of the potential trades for at least a couple months - so I'll have to find a way factor in things like work outs, setting up your draft board and establishing your trade preferences. I want to try to turn the draft into a strategy mini-game type of experience. I put together some quick mock-ups (screens also below - these are very rough prototypes) of what it might look like to allow a player to bounce back and forth between analyzing prospects and findings trades but also see that on-stage, team hat, commissioner handshake moment.

If you were to create a draft mini-game from scratch what would you want it to include/exclude?

some new arm & leg accessories

jump shot animation

draft stage idea

draft war room ideas
Dr B

Previous

Return to Other Basketball Games