Bucher: Kevin Durant Signing With Knicks Is 'Done'

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Bucher: Kevin Durant Signing With Knicks Is 'Done'

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:18 am

"Durant will sign with the Knicks as he wants to receive more credit and acceptance for leading a team to success"

So you mean he didn't get applauded for taking the "hardest road" aka joining the best team in NBA history??? LMAO

Not sold on the idea of him going to New York, but I could see him leaving. I'll believe it when I see it (or Woj says that it's happening)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: Bucher: Kevin Durant Signing With Knicks Is 'Done'

Postby mp3 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:29 pm

Il believe it when I see it, of course KD is the off season goal but us Knicks fans have had our hearts broken more than once.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby air gordon on Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:03 am

in before jeffx responds with a debbie downer comment ;)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:24 am

air gordon wrote:in before jeffx responds with a debbie downer comment ;)

You cats already know my thoughts on this....nothing more to say
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:40 am

It's a bold prediction. It didn't work out for Jalen Rose a decade ago:

phpBB [video]

Of course, both players did leave their respective teams and joined forces, just in South Beach rather than The Big Apple.

As for Kevin Durant, it's hard to say in an era where superstars are moving around a lot more. There are still players who end up staying where they are despite all the rampant speculation that they're leaving, but big names are no longer locks to stick around for ten years or more, even if they're in a good situation.

On the surface, it seems strange that Durant would leave such a good situation. I mean, there's a reason he joined a 73 win team that eliminated him from the Playoffs in his final season with his former team: it's given him a chance to be a member of two championship teams, with a shot at a third straight. At the same time, maybe it's a similar situation with LeBron and Miami: the pressure is off having won a couple of titles and it's allowed him to live that part of his dream, but now he wants a new challenge or a change of scene for other reasons. It's difficult to picture him leaving because of how good he has it with the Warriors, but at the same time, it's not impossible or unthinkable.

Going to the Knicks, though? Well, if he does want a challenge, they're a prime candidate. Right now, I'd pick him to stay with the Warriors over bolting to New York.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:19 am

Why would Durant leave the penthouse for the outhouse?

You don't come to NY to win, just to get a phat check from Brain-Dead Dolan.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:30 pm

Perhaps no greater challenge though, if that's what he's seeking.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:20 pm

Durant just wants to be loved, NY can do that for him. Just look at how fans still cheer for Melo.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:23 pm

Jeffx wrote:Why would Durant leave the penthouse for the outhouse?

You don't come to NY to win, just to get a phat check from Brain-Dead Dolan.

He's been to the penthouse and he isn't happy that he gets no fanfare and credit for joining the best team in the league (shocking, I know)

Even if he takes the Knicks to .500 he's a god
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:20 am

From what Iam hearing Durant wants to be the main guy on his own team, maybe he's a property developer and sees great opportunity in taking a run down penthouse and restoring it knowing that the return could be of great value
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Tue May 07, 2019 7:58 am

[Q] wrote:Even if he takes the Knicks to .500 he's a god

Yeah, to young Knicks fans who don't know any better....8th place and a first round loss is not an option for veteran hardcore fans.

Anything less than a championship is a complete FAIL, no different than Carmelo Anthony's tenure.
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Tue May 07, 2019 9:03 am

If he or Kyrie signs and y'all get Zion things could be changing soon
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Wed May 08, 2019 7:55 am

[Q] wrote:If he or Kyrie signs and y'all get Zion things could be changing soon

I want no part of Kyrie Irving.....always drama with that cat. Plus there's the injury risk, and he's not a natural leader. I'll take someone a notch below Kyrie, but who's more reliable.

For someone who wanted to be "the man", he doesn't act like it.
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Wed May 08, 2019 8:02 am

He's proven this year that he's not on that elite level. Not sure if KD could take a team to the playoffs on his own. Especially if LeBron couldn't do it this year
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed May 08, 2019 8:48 am

Jeffx wrote:
[Q] wrote:Even if he takes the Knicks to .500 he's a god

Yeah, to young Knicks fans who don't know any better....8th place and a first round loss is not an option for veteran hardcore fans.

Anything less than a championship is a complete FAIL, no different than Carmelo Anthony's tenure.

i don't know. that's quite a lofty a standard. just to land one of the true superstars in the league would be a major coup for a franchise like the knicks.

i for sure would be on cloud nine if a legit star would come to chicago and make the franchise instantly relevant again.

post cavs lebron who missed a bunch games with a roster full of "competitors" instead of shooting? no surprise his team didn't make it to the postseason
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Wed May 08, 2019 11:00 am

[Q] wrote:He's proven this year that he's not on that elite level. Not sure if KD could take a team to the playoffs on his own. Especially if LeBron couldn't do it this year

I'll take Kemba Walker, build a solid supporting cast around the two stars, and take it from there.

air g - that's the standard real Knick fans expect. Get this franchise to where it was during the 90s, when it was a legit contender and made two finals appearances over 11 years. We've had 20 years of shit - enough is enough.
Jeffx

Postby air gordon on Thu May 09, 2019 12:47 am

Jeffx wrote:air g - that's the standard real Knick fans expect. Get this franchise to where it was during the 90s, when it was a legit contender and made two finals appearances over 11 years. We've had 20 years of shit - enough is enough.

were the 90's considered a complete FAIL as you mentioned earlier?

getting the pieces around them is another thing but getting KD is already like a thanos snap.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Thu May 09, 2019 7:59 am

air gordon wrote:
Jeffx wrote:air g - that's the standard real Knick fans expect. Get this franchise to where it was during the 90s, when it was a legit contender and made two finals appearances over 11 years. We've had 20 years of shit - enough is enough.

were the 90's considered a complete FAIL as you mentioned earlier?

getting the pieces around them is another thing but getting KD is already like a thanos snap.

Technically, you could say it was a fail.....even though there were some great memories/rivalries during that time, the goal is to win the championship, and the Knicks didn't get it done (unlike the early 70s). I give them a pass for '99, because Ewing was injured, but they threw away '94, which bothers me to this day.
Jeffx

Postby NovU on Thu May 09, 2019 11:57 am

Draft Zion then sign KD plus the scrubs, the Knicks are in contention right away for next few years.

I know Jeffx has bad memory with Melo but KD is a different animal, a someone who is on same level with Kawhi, Curry, Harden, and Antetokoumpos. He is one of handful top tier players in current era nba. Consider LeBurnn and AD likes 2nd tier game changers, you would be getting an amazing deal if you can pick KD up off the fa market.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Thu May 09, 2019 1:07 pm

No shame in losing to the bulls during the Jordan and post Jordan years. Better to have make the dance then not dance at all
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed May 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball