[MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K19 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] (19/04) 2007 and 2010 NBA Season....

Postby imescobarlopez on Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:54 pm

Put some random mediocre created players or whatever (Y)
IVAN LOPEZ
-------------------------
Retro Modder
Love new stuff as well
For donations: im.escobarlopez@gmail.com
User avatar
imescobarlopez
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:24 pm
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] (19/04) 2007 and 2010 NBA Season....

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:23 pm

imescobarlopez wrote:Put some random mediocre created players or whatever (Y)


That doesn't fix the issue of accuracy. Many of the teams only have like 9 or 10 guys, some less.

Again, it works for play now and for people who don't care that much about accuracy with certain things, and for people who don't want to play myleague with the roster.

Vstiguy seems to be enjoying himself, and that's great. But again, for the downloader who is not part of the creation of the roster, to be asked to add 4 or 5 (sometimes more) guys to teams is a lot of work in order to make it myleague eligible.

Just putting it out there that in the future, it would be great to have these rosters for this gen be myleague compatible. Hopefully we can get a big team together for 2K20 and make it happen.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] (19/04) 2007 and 2010 NBA Season....

Postby kyra34 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:26 pm

I think the big problem of this patch is because too many teams added fast before they was finalized totally, each version dont solve most of bug and accuracy of gear for previous teams added since the v1.1 .
Maumau doing a great work but maybe its better to complete a season (99/00 and 2003/04) before implemente new part ?

Personnaly, to be true actually the teams i previously loved to use with old 2k game are no enough accurate as i need to totally enjoy it , players using wrong jersey numbers ,jerseys are wrong, strange body shape etc... I don't have skill to fix myself and each new release i hope its solved but no .
User avatar
kyra34
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:02 am

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] (19/04) 2007 and 2010 NBA Season....

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:54 pm

For 96-97, you have Finley and Mashburn on two different teams, and players playing together that never did.

A bunch of players overalls are way off for each season, because it looks like player DNA was just copied over (Rookie LeBron is 96, rookie Wade is 93). Vin Baker is 87 overall on the Celtics. Terry Cummings is 87 overall and the best player on the Warriors in 99-00, he averaged 8.4 ppg and played 22 games, his DNA was just copied over.

So many of the teams actually only have 6 or 7 guys on them.

When looking at basketball reference, you have to look at the playoff roster if they made the playoffs, and also the transactions to see who actually finished the season with the team. It looks like you are only looking at the roster list for each team, and not doing further research. By doing this, you are missing trades, players being waived, etc

I appreciate you tackling retro, but really it should be more complete and done right, at least before you move onto more seasons.

Much of the art is really great, the faces, courts, jerseys, dornas, and I love what you did with the net animations etc. But the rosters accuracy is a major immersion killer, between the lack of players, lack of proper signatures, DNA swapping without editing. Etc.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] (19/04) 2007 and 2010 NBA Season....

Postby ahwoo on Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:20 pm

hi boss your link is not working. please fix it. your stackhouse is good
ahwoo
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] (19/04) 2007 and 2010 NBA Season....

Postby maumau78 on Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:45 pm

Retro Roster 1.7 Previews videos....

phpBB [video]


phpBB [video]
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby vstiguy on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:07 am

NICE! Don't forget Bosh on the Heat though! Can't wait!
User avatar
vstiguy
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby vstiguy on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:00 am

97 Bulls vs 97 Pistons

Image


phpBB [video]
User avatar
vstiguy
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:40 pm

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:06 pm

You have Dominique Wilkins at 91 overall on the 96-97 Spurs, and you have Sean Elliott on the bench.

You have the 85-86 PG Eddie Johnson on the Rockets in the 90s, that is not the right Eddie Johnson. You need the SF Eddie Johnson, which will need to be created. You have the PG Eddie Johnson starting for the 96-97 Rockets. You have the wrong jerseys assigned to the 96-97 Rockets, it should be the pajama style ones, not the ones from 93-94.

You list Walter McCarty as Walter "McCarthy"

Ben Wallace is 87 overall on the Bullets in 96-97.

Mark Price is 86 overall on the 96-97 Warriors.

Garnett is 96 overall on the 96-97 Wolves.

Terry Cummings is 87 overall on the 96-97 SuperSonics.

The 96-97 Suns are just a complete mess overall with the overall ratings, complete DNA copies.

Hakeem is 98 overall in 96-97, and Charles Barkley is only 68 overall......

Camby is 87 overall on the 96-97 Raptors.

Dumars is 93 overall on the 96-97 Pistons, Mahorn is 80.

The 96-97 Mavericks are not playable because the roster is incorrect.

Kobe is 95 overall in 96-97 (he averaged 7 ppg........)

The signatures for players added need work. They don't look like they have been touched really.

You have the wrong court assigned to the Spurs in 96-97 (and I have it installed right, it's showing a court they used in the early/mid 2000s.

That's not all of the discrepancies, just some. The 96-97 roster for that reason is kind of unplayable.

Not critiquing to be a jerk, critiquing because I was actually looking at trying to play it a little. And that info above is just 96-97, that doesn't count all of the same issues for 99-00 and 03-04. DNA is just being copied over to players it seems.

The other reason I'm bringing it up, and I am sure others would agree. It should be quality over quantity, right now this is quantity over quality, and for retro that makes me a little sad. And it's not a question of you not having the time, it's you moving onto new seasons entirely without finishing the ones that are not finished. If the time dedicated to putting together 03-04 and 96-97, and the other new seasons you are starting was put into the 99-00 roster, or you got help with it if you were unsure how to make it accurate, it would be much more complete and accurate.

Rosters that just have pretty jerseys and courts doesn't make it accurate where it counts most, on the floor, the gameplay. If I am using the 99-00 Warriors and I can put in 50 with the almost retired Terry Cummings because you made him 87 overall (just importing DNA from the 84-85 Cummings), that breaks they game and the experience. If I can average 30 ppg with the 96-97 aged Dominique Wilkins because you made him 90 overall by copying his DNA over, that breaks the game and the experience. Most of the teams you put in can't field a bench.

Can you try and touch up the teams you already have in the roster in order to create a more accurate and realistic, and fun experience?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby maumau78 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Dee4Three wrote:You have the wrong court assigned to the Spurs in 96-97 (and I have it installed right, it's showing a court they used in the early/mid 2000s.

That's not all of the discrepancies, just some. The 96-97 roster for that reason is kind of unplayable.




phpBB [video]


Image

Sorry what's wrong with 96 spurs court?
Did you edit SYNC.BIN correclty?
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby ahwoo on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:07 pm

mr maumau78, what happen to your link? i want your files bad. i want your grant hill and stackhouse to form up my 97 pistons combine with 04 pistons
ahwoo
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:16 pm

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby maumau78 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:20 pm

ahwoo wrote:mr maumau78, what happen to your link? i want your files bad. i want your grant hill and stackhouse to form up my 97 pistons combine with 04 pistons


viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106366&start=350#p1968627

It's here...
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:07 pm

maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:You have the wrong court assigned to the Spurs in 96-97 (and I have it installed right, it's showing a court they used in the early/mid 2000s.

That's not all of the discrepancies, just some. The 96-97 roster for that reason is kind of unplayable.




phpBB [video]


[ Image ]

Sorry what's wrong with 96 spurs court?
Did you edit SYNC.BIN correclty?


Strange, I'll take a look.

Can you acknowledge all the other information and issues atleast? Those are real issues that impact the roster. Kind of off putting that you skip over those remarks, especially because you have my name in the credits.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby maumau78 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:27 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:You have the wrong court assigned to the Spurs in 96-97 (and I have it installed right, it's showing a court they used in the early/mid 2000s.

That's not all of the discrepancies, just some. The 96-97 roster for that reason is kind of unplayable.




phpBB [video]


[ Image ]

Sorry what's wrong with 96 spurs court?
Did you edit SYNC.BIN correclty?


Strange, I'll take a look.

Can you acknowledge all the other information and issues atleast? Those are real issues that impact the roster. Kind of off putting that you skip over those remarks, especially because you have my name in the credits.


I am aware of the “problems” I will correct them and also add more retro players on later updates.

Thanks
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:42 pm

maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:You have the wrong court assigned to the Spurs in 96-97 (and I have it installed right, it's showing a court they used in the early/mid 2000s.

That's not all of the discrepancies, just some. The 96-97 roster for that reason is kind of unplayable.




phpBB [video]


[ Image ]

Sorry what's wrong with 96 spurs court?
Did you edit SYNC.BIN correclty?


Strange, I'll take a look.

Can you acknowledge all the other information and issues atleast? Those are real issues that impact the roster. Kind of off putting that you skip over those remarks, especially because you have my name in the credits.


I am aware of the “problems” I will correct them and also add more retro players on later updates.

Thanks


Thank you, the "PROBLEMS" mentioned are only a small % of the actual issues. You will have to dig yourself to fix the other ones. This means researching much more on basketball reference, watching game tape for signature shots, etc.

You may want to seek out assistance if you need help.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby maumau78 on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:50 pm

Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:You have the wrong court assigned to the Spurs in 96-97 (and I have it installed right, it's showing a court they used in the early/mid 2000s.

That's not all of the discrepancies, just some. The 96-97 roster for that reason is kind of unplayable.




phpBB [video]


[ Image ]

Sorry what's wrong with 96 spurs court?
Did you edit SYNC.BIN correclty?


Strange, I'll take a look.

Can you acknowledge all the other information and issues atleast? Those are real issues that impact the roster. Kind of off putting that you skip over those remarks, especially because you have my name in the credits.


I am aware of the “problems” I will correct them and also add more retro players on later updates.

Thanks


Thank you, the "PROBLEMS" mentioned are only a small % of the actual issues. You will have to dig yourself to fix the other ones. This means researching much more on basketball reference, watching game tape for signature shots, etc.

You may want to seek out assistance if you need help.


I will do my best; no plan to buy 2k20 so I will just focus on this....It’s a lot of work...
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2828
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:55 pm

maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
maumau78 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:You have the wrong court assigned to the Spurs in 96-97 (and I have it installed right, it's showing a court they used in the early/mid 2000s.

That's not all of the discrepancies, just some. The 96-97 roster for that reason is kind of unplayable.




phpBB [video]


[ Image ]

Sorry what's wrong with 96 spurs court?
Did you edit SYNC.BIN correclty?


Strange, I'll take a look.

Can you acknowledge all the other information and issues atleast? Those are real issues that impact the roster. Kind of off putting that you skip over those remarks, especially because you have my name in the credits.


I am aware of the “problems” I will correct them and also add more retro players on later updates.

Thanks


Thank you, the "PROBLEMS" mentioned are only a small % of the actual issues. You will have to dig yourself to fix the other ones. This means researching much more on basketball reference, watching game tape for signature shots, etc.

You may want to seek out assistance if you need help.


I will do my best; no plan to buy 2k20 so I will just focus on this....It’s a lot of work...


I understand that it's a ton of work. Anybody who has tackled retro on this gen or last gen knows how much work needs to be put into rosters like these to make them right.

My advice is: stop putting new teams and new seasons in until you have fixed the major issues with the current content in the roster. You can do what you want, it's your project, but as I stated before, anybody who cares about accuracy and knows a decent amount about retro NBA can't get into using most of the teams in your roster because of all those inaccuracies.

Good luck.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby imescobarlopez on Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:32 am

Sounds like you're a little upset Dee4Three, and your response probably is going to be an 800-character "I'm not upset" but I think you are.

You know I wanted to participate in your Ultimate Roster project this year, I told you and your response was kind of "yeah why not? you can do whatever you want", like not caring at all. And now, that you're invested in this retro roster, you need it to be done exactly as you envisioned to do it. After you saw me posting mods for this year's game, now you were asking ME to help you.

Besides, ask yourself this:
What if the creator of this roster doesn't care about ratings and only cares about adding teams, that are actually more difficult because you have to use cheat engine and learn certain codes to do so? What about if that is the case? Are you gonna bash his work all the way through it because this isn't what YOU want it to be?
I really don't care about the ratings or the age or DNA. That I can do from the in game editors. That's easier to do, adding players, etc. This year's game provides us to do that without modding it.

I quote you and tell the creator of this roster: "You can do what you want, it's your project", but trying to have Maumau to remove all of your "creations" because you feel you're not been given an answer, don't you think it's a little childish and you need to grow up in that aspect? It hurts a little not to be taken into account, right? If you wanted to enhance YOUR game experience and make it more "fun", why have you not offer your help yet? Instead, you're doing the opposite.

My advice is: Create your own Roster if you think you can do better. And maybe say please more often. Not always you can't get people to do what YOU want them to do or think is the right thing to do.
IVAN LOPEZ
-------------------------
Retro Modder
Love new stuff as well
For donations: im.escobarlopez@gmail.com
User avatar
imescobarlopez
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:24 pm
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:15 am

imescobarlopez wrote:Sounds like you're a little upset Dee4Three, and your response probably is going to be an 800-character "I'm not upset" but I think you are.

You know I wanted to participate in your Ultimate Roster project this year, I told you and your response was kind of "yeah why not? you can do whatever you want", like not caring at all. And now, that you're invested in this retro roster, you need it to be done exactly as you envisioned to do it. After you saw me posting mods for this year's game, now you were asking ME to help you.

Besides, ask yourself this:
What if the creator of this roster doesn't care about ratings and only cares about adding teams, that are actually more difficult because you have to use cheat engine and learn certain codes to do so? What about if that is the case? Are you gonna bash his work all the way through it because this isn't what YOU want it to be?
I really don't care about the ratings or the age or DNA. That I can do from the in game editors. That's easier to do, adding players, etc. This year's game provides us to do that without modding it.

I quote you and tell the creator of this roster: "You can do what you want, it's your project", but trying to have Maumau to remove all of your "creations" because you feel you're not been given an answer, don't you think it's a little childish and you need to grow up in that aspect? It hurts a little not to be taken into account, right? If you wanted to enhance YOUR game experience and make it more "fun", why have you not offer your help yet? Instead, you're doing the opposite.

My advice is: Create your own Roster if you think you can do better. And maybe say please more often. Not always you can't get people to do what YOU want them to do or think is the right thing to do.


This is unreal.

I asked you if you could make around 7 faces total, that's it. That same day I created a couple of them and told you nevermind.

It is a complete lie that doing the stuff in cheat engine is harder than doing the attributes, tendencies, signatures, etc. It is WAY more time consuming doing those, far more. Once you learn the initial process in cheat engine, it doesn't take much time at all to throw a new team in. It's incredibly EASY to just copy DNA, that takes two seconds. I know, because I can do basically everything in cheat engine now. I can put a team in with the correct number of players, and do all the cheat engine stuff related to accessories, team name, logos, arena name etc in well under an hour. Doing all the players accurately on a team (going through each one of them, so 13 or 14 players) can take up to 5 hours, sometimes more.

I'm saying it because I'm interested? I stated that I was going to play it a little, but more importantly because I care about the quality of retro rosters. He CAN do it the he wants, but I can also point out where the roster comes up short, and all the areas I mentioned outside of the Spurs court are 100% valid, another person who downloaded it mentioned the accuracy concerns as well.

How the hell do you get that I am "invested" in this retro roster, when I said I wanted to play it a little? Wow.

Say please? I made critiques in the thread. It's not always praise. Clearly maumau talked to you about him and my private message considering you stated the "remove me from the project" part. I was upset with him because I made a couple posts about the issues, he ignored them and just mentioned the spurs court, followed by Pming me stating he would work on those issues later on, instead of acknowledging that they were real issues publicly. That was the conversation he and I had.

This roster has a TON of accuracy issues, and it's fundamentally broken in that regard for those who want to have an immersive retro experience, including the fact that most teams can not field a bench (less than 5 players on most benches).

800 words? I know this is the day and age where soundbites are supreme, where anything with thought is considered word vomit, but spare me. Thinking things through and putting your full thoughts into a conversation is actually the way it should be.

By the way, coming at me like this after me pointing out those inaccuracies is really odd. I told this to maumau, if his response to my ACCURATE portrayal of his accuracy issues was "I'll work on those on a later date" or even "I'm not concerned with that right now", this wouldn't even be at this point. The acknowledgment of the issues is what I and others look for when we identify a problem. It wasn't acknowledged on here publicly until I Pmd him. The first statement of issues was completely ignored, he showed a preview video of new teams right after, the second one was ignored outside of the Spurs court. So, as someone who went through the roster and compiled that information, OF COURSE I will be a little upset if those concerns are not at least met with a the basic responses above.

I want a big team for 2K20 if it's a good game, 2K19 and 2K18 were terrible IMO. But, I would also want things to be done right, not quantity over quality. Some of my complaints about this roster derive from that, from the fact that I've seen how amazing single season rosters can be for 2K10, 2K11 etc, and I don't want to go down the road of this type of accuracy. The player DNA feature is a blessing and a curse at the same time.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby imescobarlopez on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:35 am

I said 800 characters and I was wrong. It was more...

The rest I was right. You're bitter about it because you think you can do a better roster, and my advice is still the same: If you think all of this is VERY easy, just DIY
Of course I talked to him, it's our thread and one thing is being politically correct to you and the other is to tell you straight the truth, if you know what I mean. MauMau is a gentleman.
And yes, I still think you're kind of interested and invested in this since you made 8 posts in less than 4 days. And I'm glad you' recognize you were upset because you felt ignored.
IVAN LOPEZ
-------------------------
Retro Modder
Love new stuff as well
For donations: im.escobarlopez@gmail.com
User avatar
imescobarlopez
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:24 pm
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 am

imescobarlopez wrote:I said 800 characters and I was wrong. It was more...

The rest I was right. You're bitter about it because you think you can do a better roster, and my advice is still the same: If you think if all of this is VERY easy, just DIY
Of course I talked to him, it's our thread and one thing is being politically correct to you and the other is to tell you straight the truth, if you know what I mean. MauMau is a gentleman.
And yes, I still think you're kind of interested and invested in this since you made 8 posts in less than 4 days. And I'm glad you' recognize you were upset because you felt ignored.


Not once did I say it was very easy, it is NOT very easy to make AN ACCURATE roster, I literally said that in my previous post. I said that once the initial cheat engine process is figured out, that part IS easy, I know because I do it all the time! And yes, the posts WILL BE long when thought is put into them, that's the way it should be!

I asked KSMIZ to convert a cheat table for me for 2K17 a few weeks back just because it's more orgnaized. But without the cheat table, I can so all the same things and still get them done for each team in well under an hour, it just takes searching for the correct term/array of bytes, and plugging in. Maumau would admit that the actually adding of the team via cheat engine is a breeze, it's why he has been able to put SO MANY teams in! Anybody who does these rosters accurately knows that one of the most time consuming and hardest parts is actually doing all the players attributes/tendencies etc. That part is by far the most crucial to the gameplay, and gameplay is #1!

Bitter because I think I can do a better roster? What the hell are you talking about?? That has nothing to do with this whatsoever. Can you imagine if that's the way life worked? That every single time a critique was made, someone was "bitter"? Think about that for a second, it makes no sense.

Maumau and I have NEVER had an issue before, we have Pmd before, talked on threads before, I've used his mods, etc. We literally have always gotten along, in regards to this situation, this is the first time ever where we disagreed on something. The funny part is, we didn't disagree! He Pmd me after I Pmd him and thanked me for pointing the issues out, that he would work on them, and that it's a lot of work. He ACKNOWLEDGED the issues! He just didn't do it publicly, that was my problem.

So no, you are actually not right at all. Not bitter, not invested, never said it was easy to make the roster, etc.

Just like the PM I just sent you and Maumau, it's the big picture with these rosters that I am concerned about, and obviously the public acknowledgement of the said issues. I am assuming that you both will be around for 2K20 (mau says he won't be right now, but I bet he will be),and If the game is good I want some of us who are passionate about retro to make some awesome work for the new game. So many kids trash retro NBA now, it's all over social media. I want people to get a dose of how awesome retro NBA really was, and with that accurate rosters can help. I am invested in BASKETBALL, the NBA. I have been since I could think. It's an important part of my life outside of work.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby imescobarlopez on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:09 am

...
Last edited by imescobarlopez on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
IVAN LOPEZ
-------------------------
Retro Modder
Love new stuff as well
For donations: im.escobarlopez@gmail.com
User avatar
imescobarlopez
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:24 pm
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby imescobarlopez on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:14 am

So, you're turning things around...

In what part do I say you said it was easy? You obviously are smart enough to not say it at all but make it clear. How much time do you think people have?
Where in the hell did we say this roster is meant to be ACCURATE? Reminds me of last year, where you were asking to put Stromile Swift on the bench because he didn't play as a starter in '02 Grizzlies. WHAT IF I WANTED HIM TO BE A STARTER BECAUSE I JUST SPENT ONE FULL DAY MAKING HIM, AND THE OTHER GUY WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO BE STARTER, DOESN'T EXIST IN THE GAME? I'm sorry, not meant to be rude, only use Capital letters because I want something to be perfectly clear.

Speaking of time, the first time you ever talked to me was because you needed my 2k18 J-Will and I couldn't release it. I don't know, perhaps you downloaded all of my 2K18 and 2K19 mods and make your 2k17 roster project at my expense without asking for permission, and never took a second in my thread to maybe say "thank you, great work". That's another word. I see why Mr. Star and other modders don't release until get appreciation.
It seems you're the kind of person that never recognizes when you're wrong. I can be wrong all the time, but I have talked to other modders and some of them feel the same about you and your "critiques". If more than one person thinks the same way, it has to be true, right?

By the way, next time I'll do my own retro roster, and yeah, I'm putting Michael Beasley a 98 rating, because I think he's awesome, regardless of his stats. It's gonna be a big fantasy roster, where guys like Larry Bird will stay on the bench. I don't care about realism, you search for it, some just don't. Sorry now, I have other things to do. Don't feel ignored when I don't respond you again. Just have to do more important things. ;)
IVAN LOPEZ
-------------------------
Retro Modder
Love new stuff as well
For donations: im.escobarlopez@gmail.com
User avatar
imescobarlopez
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:24 pm
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:33 am

imescobarlopez wrote:If you think all of this is VERY easy, just DIY


You literally implied that I thought this was very easy.

Second, how much time do people have? I suggested that instead of him adding a plethora of new teams that he should use that time to fix the inaccuracies of the teams he already has in it. That is a GOOD suggestion, if he used that time to fix some of the issues with the current teams, he could fix a ton of the innaccuracies! It's not about him not having time, it's about prioritizing the time you have and pooling your resources into different areas!

First off, I am a HUGE critic of people who don't give proper credits. More than you know, and even after you put the Williams link up I didnt use it, if I had, you WOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN CREDIT. Have you even watched my roster release videos, I do nothing but give credit, have you seen my roster threads, I give credits to everybody know matter how small the contribution. What kind of bullshit accusation is that? That I may have used your work and not given credit. All credits will be given in my release video and on the first post of my thread, just like when I released V1 and gave all those involved credit!. And by the way, there is nothing wrong at all with me asking you for the link, that was props to you!!!!!!!! The fact that you turned that into a negative is incredibly puzzling, and concerning. Even though I didn't use it, I reached out to you because I liked your work!

I havn't turned things around ONCE. I have literally kept the same stance about the big picture, that I only play it a little but care about the accuracy, the lack of acknowledgement publicly to the initial comments, how long it takes to do certain processes. Not ONCE did i say "I can do better maumau", not once did I say "I'm bitter", etc.

I can guarantee you that maumau didn't set out for this roster to be a FANTASY retro roster. He wants accurate art throughout, and he wants the proper players on the right teams (even if only 6 players...). Its more him not dedicating the resources to the individual players, more just getting more teams in. If you asked maumau if he wants Terry Cummings to be 87 overall on the 99-00 Warriors, he would say absolutley not. Because he knows thats not accurate at all. If he was shooting for a fantasy retro roster, where he thought people didn't care at all about accuracy, he wouldnt have created such an identity crisis with all the accurate art but with so many innaccuracies with the teams/players. He said he wants to work on them later BECAUSE HE WANTS A MORE ACCURATE ROSTER. Otherwise, he would probably name this "Fantasy retro roster".

You can do what you want, as can he. You can stick Beasley at 98 and bench Bird (Blasphemy!), but if someone comes along and critiques a roster that IS NOT ADVERTISED AS A FANTASY ROSTER, and mentions innaccuracies, you shouldn't be taken back by it in the least. This is through and through a NBA retro roster, and the person(s) downloading are downloading to get an accurate or somewhat accurate experience. Just like the user above who said they couldn't get immersed in it because of the accuracy issues. He downloaded the roster expecting one thing, and got another.

Here is my long post, I havn't deviated from this AT ALL.

Dee4three wrote:You have Dominique Wilkins at 91 overall on the 96-97 Spurs, and you have Sean Elliott on the bench.

You have the 85-86 PG Eddie Johnson on the Rockets in the 90s, that is not the right Eddie Johnson. You need the SF Eddie Johnson, which will need to be created. You have the PG Eddie Johnson starting for the 96-97 Rockets. You have the wrong jerseys assigned to the 96-97 Rockets, it should be the pajama style ones, not the ones from 93-94.

You list Walter McCarty as Walter "McCarthy"

Ben Wallace is 87 overall on the Bullets in 96-97.

Mark Price is 86 overall on the 96-97 Warriors.

Garnett is 96 overall on the 96-97 Wolves.

Terry Cummings is 87 overall on the 96-97 SuperSonics.

The 96-97 Suns are just a complete mess overall with the overall ratings, complete DNA copies.

Hakeem is 98 overall in 96-97, and Charles Barkley is only 68 overall......

Camby is 87 overall on the 96-97 Raptors.

Dumars is 93 overall on the 96-97 Pistons, Mahorn is 80.

The 96-97 Mavericks are not playable because the roster is incorrect.

Kobe is 95 overall in 96-97 (he averaged 7 ppg........)

The signatures for players added need work. They don't look like they have been touched really.

You have the wrong court assigned to the Spurs in 96-97 (and I have it installed right, it's showing a court they used in the early/mid 2000s.

That's not all of the discrepancies, just some. The 96-97 roster for that reason is kind of unplayable.

Not critiquing to be a jerk, critiquing because I was actually looking at trying to play it a little. And that info above is just 96-97, that doesn't count all of the same issues for 99-00 and 03-04. DNA is just being copied over to players it seems.

The other reason I'm bringing it up, and I am sure others would agree. It should be quality over quantity, right now this is quantity over quality, and for retro that makes me a little sad. And it's not a question of you not having the time, it's you moving onto new seasons entirely without finishing the ones that are not finished. If the time dedicated to putting together 03-04 and 96-97, and the other new seasons you are starting was put into the 99-00 roster, or you got help with it if you were unsure how to make it accurate, it would be much more complete and accurate.

Rosters that just have pretty jerseys and courts doesn't make it accurate where it counts most, on the floor, the gameplay. If I am using the 99-00 Warriors and I can put in 50 with the almost retired Terry Cummings because you made him 87 overall (just importing DNA from the 84-85 Cummings), that breaks they game and the experience. If I can average 30 ppg with the 96-97 aged Dominique Wilkins because you made him 90 overall by copying his DNA over, that breaks the game and the experience. Most of the teams you put in can't field a bench.

Can you try and touch up the teams you already have in the roster in order to create a more accurate and realistic, and fun experience?


And I ask maumau the question at the end! I am asking him if he can touch up the teams he has in it, and I give him direction on many of the errors in the roster. NOTHING WRONG AT ALL WITH THIS POST! Everything I said outside of the Spurs court is legit! The fact that this turned into you saying "You asked me for Jason WIlliams" and accusations surrounding credit, and you saying that I am spinning things around even though I have stayed STEADFAST with the same stance from the beginning, is really ridiculous. If he or you can't take VALID critiques about your roster, DONT MAKE THE DAMN ROSTER! Everybody who makes these types of rosters get critiques, ask Sko, Hawk, me, Rayhoops, Andrew, NEWYORKKID, dacrispy, etc. It comes with the territory. Do those rosters have as many accuracy issues with the players/teams as this one? No, and I can guarantee you that maumau would admit that. But those guys and myself have had our share of critiques, its part of life on the NLSC!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA


Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 8421
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: [MAUMAU78's & iAmEscobarLopez] Retro Roster 1.7 Preview Videos...

Postby vstiguy on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:31 am

2000 Kings vs 2000 Sixers

Image

phpBB [video]
User avatar
vstiguy
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:40 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K19 Modding

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests