Dear LiveJournal,

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Dear LiveJournal,

Postby Kenny on Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:11 am

Just arrived in Denver last night and I have to say, the altitude here is a real thing. I managed to get a couple of hours of sleep, but since I'm not acclimatised to the thinner, drier air here, I couldn't sleep for any longer. I asked the hotel reception for a humidifier, so I'm hoping that can help a bit... but yeah, I totally understand now why the Nuggets had such a strong home advantage for a number of years.
Dion Waiters thinks you should check out my Sonics 2K17 thread.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:45 am

Reckon that'd knock me around a bit as well. Did you end up getting tickets to a game?
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:07 am

Yep, I'm going to tonight's game against the Nets and Sunday's game versus the Bucks. I wasn't sure about going to tonight's game, but I thought I owed it to myself to try and catch as many games as possible since I might not get this opportunity again (at least in the foreseeable future).
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:07 pm

Awesome!
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:26 am

Aside from the play that ultimately won the Nets the game, it was a lot of fun to watch live. I remember looking up at the scoreboard just before halftime and thinking "holy shit, Nikola Jokic already has a 20-10 game", so that was pretty special. They also paid tribute to Kenneth Faried, since it was his first time back in Denver since the trade (admittedly it was something I completely forgot about when buying the ticket). It was just a shame that he got a DNP on the night, I would have loved to have seen him play - even in an opposing uniform. But he pretty much got a standing ovation from the crowd, so that was cool.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:40 am

Sounds like a great time, even though it wasn't the result you wanted. Did you pick up any merch?

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby spiderxx7 on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:10 pm

Great to hear that Kenny! You had to pick up some merch, right?
spiderxx7
With great power there must also come -- great responsibility!

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:53 am

I didn't pick up any merch after the Nets game. I was still struggling with altitude sickness, so my first instinct was to go back to my hotel and sleep it off (which I more or less did, thankfully).

I am, however, going to the game tonight against the Bucks. So that'll probably be my opportunity to get some merch :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:22 am

As it's almost a calendar year since my troubles started I thought I'd just give a quick update on my situation.

Ive been living on my own for 7 months now, I see my daughter a few times a week and have a good relationship with her mum. In England as you are probably aware of we are embanking on leaving the EU next month and it is really affecting the job market here in the UK. I've worked 5 out of the 7 months I've been here but it's temp (agency) work and has mainly been holiday cover for companies but the last 4 straight weeks... Nothing, hence Iam told that businesses are waiting to see how the Brexit effects them before they hire new staff which is understandable, I get it but it hasn't made my situation any easier and although I've been getting back on my feet theses passed 4 weeks have seen my PS4 and Tablet pawned to pay my internet bill, need that to job search, tv and watch nba games etc and also pawned to pay the electric bill which of course I needed and I was on a final warning, but it's hit home that untill Iam in full time employment should I continue to live on my own? I still owe my landlord £280 from last month and on the 11th il owe him another £450 with no income, Iam seriously considering moving to my mum's house which she did make the offer back at Christmas till Iam on my feet properly. I haven't lived at home since 2004 so I think it would be a huge adjustment for both of us so Iam on the fence, what do you guys think I should do? Have any of you had to move back home before? Did it work out? The only problem is that my mother now lives out of town in a quite little place and since I left the car with my ex for obvious reasons I've either been walking to places or had to get a short bus journey but things would be different there too.

Iam not sure what to do at this point but I think it hits home to me when Iam sat here watching nba games on my phone, no ps4 etc that maybe it would be for the best
Last edited by mp3 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Pdub on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:37 am

Does mum have a car you can borrow? If so, that could help with getting to places if you need to travel farther than your current way. You can always try staying there for a few nights without giving up your current home, just to see what it is like.
Everything is a copy of a copy. Eventually, it distorts enough to look original.
Pdub
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:55 am

She does have a car but she uses it for work, I did stay for a few days at Christmas, it went ok but like I said I think it would be an adjustment for both of us full time.

Cheers for the feedback Patrick
mp3

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:29 am

I've had to move back in with my mom for financial reasons, and it was definitely necessary to help me get back on my feet. I would suggest not looking at that as a bad thing but more of an opportunity to regroup
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:38 am

Cheers Eric, it is something that iam seriously considering now. The financials are a huge part of it, I mean for the last 6 months I've scraped by just meeting rent and hardly having any other money for spending on my daughter when I have her Iam just asking myself what's the point right now? Independence? Hardly, maybe it would be best if I went back and when full time work comes along get saving so when I move out I've got a nest egg.
mp3

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:44 am

I think it's a matter of looking at your expenditures vs what you are bringing in. If what you are bringing in isn't enough for you to live comfortably, then it would be time to cut back on expenditures. Obviously the big one is rent so you are lucky in a sense to have the option of living with your mother as many people don't
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:58 am

Right now when Iam working full time Iam getting roughly £1200pm minus rent, internet, childcare,gas, electric, council tax, phone etc Iam left with £120-130 to last 4-5 weeks so that has to cover food plus days out with my daughter when I have her even just staying close to home and getting ice cream and be costly around here
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:27 am

Definitely agree with Eric. It is what it is when financial hardship hits, and if you've got family that are willing to give you a roof and help out when times are tough, it's a blessing even if it isn't ideal.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:42 am

Yeah cheers mate I am planning on speaking to her tomorrow see if the offer still stands but I don't see the point of keeping this place going if Iam just running up debts
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:51 pm

Absolutely. It's not worth the pride or any of the other drawbacks, which are minor compared to financial strain. Hope it all works out!

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:06 am

Cheers Andrew,

Well speaking to my mum went well so didn't think I'd be saying this at my age but looks like I'll be moving back in with her in about a week, other good news is I was able to buy back my PS4 today as the rest of my outstanding wages were finally paid into my bank so ps4 and the rest paid off my outstanding rent so overall not a bad start to the day
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:30 am

Great to hear! Hope it all goes well, and helps you stay on track until the next opportunity comes along.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:23 pm

Well I finally have some good news to share instead of doom and gloom!

Things didn't go well with my landlord in terms of moving out over the rent arrears but I finally moved in to my mum's house last week and it is a huge adjustment for both of us but it's better than my old situation and I had applied for a decent job close by the week before I moved in which they gave me an interview last week which went really well and the next day I received an email inviting me back in for a 2nd interview.

Well today was that 2nd interview and I've just come out from what I can now call my place of employment as after a 2nd hour long interview they decided to offer me the job there and then!!

I start on Monday !!

It's funny because the company make Heat regulated wire cable and there logo has the word "Heat" that looks exactly the same as the Miami Heat's logo minus the little flame coming off the end of letter T.

As a Knicks fan i decided Iam more than ok working for Heat lol.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:47 pm

Good stuff, congrats on the new gig! Hope it's the first step back on the road to where you want to be.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:14 am

Cheers mate!
mp3

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:09 am

Glad things are working out for you.

Finally things are starting to look up for me. I was laid off from my job in December but I was kinda okay with it because I didn't enjoy that job anyways. I had continued to work part time on weekends at my second job until a manager spot opened up which I wound up getting. After a planned trip to Japan, I started this last week and it's been great so far. Plus, I started talking to this girl who's still talking to me and still seems interested after going out 4 times now. Usually I get ghosted after the first meet up or even before, so I'm hoping this leads to something more!
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 am

Eric my man well done mate!

Hope things work out with the Girl and of course going to Japan, that's somewhere I really want to visit just for the food alone, Ramen.. Beef rice bowls, sushi among other things since I started watching "Aboard in Japan"... "Ericsurf6"... And "Life where Iam from" on YouTube.

Cheers for the kind words too mate it's not easy being out of work and iam glad that I can start getting my life back together from next week too!
mp3

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic