The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Sauru on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:10 am

i will say this, it is not the players fault if the game is decided by a flop, the fault is 100% with the refs and the league. you cannot blame a player for using every advantage afforded to them to win a game. flopping is not dirty, its playing the system.

with all that said i fucking hate flopping and want it gone but it will never go away until the league forces it to go away. until then coaches will continue to teach players how to sell calls as they have since the beginning of time.
User avatar
Sauru
 
Posts: 7726
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:01 am

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby hova- on Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 am

It's up for the refs to decide if it is a flop or not. If somebody is fouling you and you are 250 lbs like LeBron for example, I think it is normal to exagerate.
User avatar
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer
 
Posts: 5108
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:33 am
Location: Augsburg, Germany

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:02 am

Sauru wrote:i will say this, it is not the players fault if the game is decided by a flop, the fault is 100% with the refs and the league. you cannot blame a player for using every advantage afforded to them to win a game. flopping is not dirty, its playing the system.

with all that said i fucking hate flopping and want it gone but it will never go away until the league forces it to go away. until then coaches will continue to teach players how to sell calls as they have since the beginning of time.


That's generally how I feel as well. As long as it's considered a legitimate tactic and gamesmanship, players are going to try to make it work for them. It's kind of grubby, though. The league has admittedly tried to address it, but much like the "zero tolerance technicals" approach they tried about ten years ago, the efforts have been halfhearted and inconsistent, and ultimately ineffective.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:04 am

Andrew wrote:
Sauru wrote:i will say this, it is not the players fault if the game is decided by a flop, the fault is 100% with the refs and the league. you cannot blame a player for using every advantage afforded to them to win a game. flopping is not dirty, its playing the system.

with all that said i fucking hate flopping and want it gone but it will never go away until the league forces it to go away. until then coaches will continue to teach players how to sell calls as they have since the beginning of time.


That's generally how I feel as well. As long as it's considered a legitimate tactic and gamesmanship, players are going to try to make it work for them. It's kind of grubby, though. The league has admittedly tried to address it, but much like the "zero tolerance technicals" approach they tried about ten years ago, the efforts have been halfhearted and inconsistent, and ultimately ineffective.


That's the problem, they try to curve it with halfway effort. I remember a couple fines being thrown out there one season, and some warnings. But nothing concrete.

Unfortunately, it's just as bad now as it has ever been. It hurts the game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6803
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:08 am

Yeah, inconsistent fines are meaningless to players making a ton of money, especially when teams are probably happy to step in and pay the fines for them. Simply not giving players the calls sends a strong message by removing the tactic's effectiveness.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:41 am

Big test for the Knicks tonight in Toronto;

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/rapt ... -and-more/
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:12 am

I'm not mad at the Knicks losing to Hoston, but Atlanta?????? C'mon. They have to start doing better on the road, because they have a killer schedule coming up.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 am

Porzingis is questionable for tonight's game vs OKC. Damn, this cat won't have a long NBA career getting hurt every other day.


I'll be very disappointed if Carmelo gets a standing 'O' at MSG (which he probably will, because these younger Knick fans are clueless). He's not on Ewing's level, or even Bernard King's. Aside from that one year, he was a bust in NY.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:30 am

Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:06 am

Noah's career has really hit the skids. As for Porzingas, you obviously don't want him taking unnecessary risks, but with it happening consistently against elite teams and the injuries seemingly coming out of nowhere, you can't help but raise an eyebrow.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:18 am

I am so done with Hornacek.....the rest of the season should be about developing Frank. Does management actually think this a playoff team?


http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3792019
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:16 pm

Kristaps Porzingis MRI Reveals Knee Injury to Be Torn ACL; Will Undergo Surgery

The New York Knicks announced Tuesday star forward Kristaps Porzingis tore the ACL in his left knee.

Porzingis injured himself after dunking over Giannis Antetokounmpo during Tuesday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks. He landed awkwardly and was carried to the locker room by teammates.

Shams Charania of The Vertical reported Porzingis will undergo season-ending surgery.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jackal on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:58 am

Damn, my condolences Knicks fans. That's a tough blow. Hope he fully recovers and returns to his unicorn form.
Image
User avatar
Jackal
 
Posts: 14842
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:59 am

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:14 am

Jackal wrote:Damn, my condolences Knicks fans. That's a tough blow. Hope he fully recovers and returns to his unicorn form.


The Knicks have been cursed since Jeff Van Gundy left. Time to break it down, tank, get into the lottery and rebuild......AGAIN. Seems like I've saying that a lot since 2001. And I have no faith in our clueless front office, particularly Steve Mills. This is the same assclown who gave THJ a $71mil contract. HE'S going to turn this s***hole franchise around?????

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3806109
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby benji on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

NEW YORK KNICKS
Noah was banished from the Knicks after an altercation with coach Jeff Hornacek during a practice last month. The disagreement stemmed from Noah’s lack of playing time, and it turned physical the day after he logged only five minutes against the Warriors.

While no punches were thrown, a source told the Daily News' Frank Isola that Hornacek was the first to shove Noah before they had to be separated.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Hey now, that brand of dysfunction is infringing on the Bulls' copyright!
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:19 am

Noah with the 'roid rage.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23042
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:57 pm

benji wrote:NEW YORK KNICKS
Noah was banished from the Knicks after an altercation with coach Jeff Hornacek during a practice last month. The disagreement stemmed from Noah’s lack of playing time, and it turned physical the day after he logged only five minutes against the Warriors.

While no punches were thrown, a source told the Daily News' Frank Isola that Hornacek was the first to shove Noah before they had to be separated.



Noah & Hornacek...two lasting gifts from Phil Jackson. BOTH need to go.

Knicks are in for a long rebuild, like Philadelphia's. So f-n frustrating Andrew. The franchise has been pathetic since 2001, and we're looking at another 4-5 years of sucking, maybe more. I have very little faith in Steve Mills.


Troy Williams to sign a 10-day contract;

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baske ... s/?src=rss
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:45 am

Jeffx wrote:
benji wrote:NEW YORK KNICKS
Noah was banished from the Knicks after an altercation with coach Jeff Hornacek during a practice last month. The disagreement stemmed from Noah’s lack of playing time, and it turned physical the day after he logged only five minutes against the Warriors.

While no punches were thrown, a source told the Daily News' Frank Isola that Hornacek was the first to shove Noah before they had to be separated.



Noah & Hornacek...two lasting gifts from Phil Jackson. BOTH need to go.

Knicks are in for a long rebuild, like Philadelphia's. So f-n frustrating Andrew. The franchise has been pathetic since 2001, and we're looking at another 4-5 years of sucking, maybe more. I have very little faith in Steve Mills.


Troy Williams to sign a 10-day contract;

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baske ... s/?src=rss


What did you think of Trey Burke last night? And how the Knicks are rotating through guards?

https://nypost.com/2018/02/22/knicks-begin-justifying-why-point-guard-move-wont-be-ntilikina/
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6803
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:37 am

Burke did well I guess....I'm just so frustrated. Watching Donovan Mitchell makes me sick to my stomach. This kid was right in our lap, but our genius owner waits until AFTER the draft to dump Phil. Of course Phil picks the french fry because he fits the f-n triangle. The incompetence of this organization knows no bounds.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:26 am

Jeffx wrote:Burke did well I guess....I'm just so frustrated. Watching Donovan Mitchell makes me sick to my stomach. This kid was right in our lap, but our genius owner waits until AFTER the draft to dump Phil. Of course Phil picks the french fry because he fits the f-n triangle. The incompetence of this organization knows no bounds.


Yeah, it's almost like he intentionally screwed the Knicks over with that pick. It still doesn't make sense to me.

I do think Frank will end up being a good NBA player, but Donovan Mitchell has/had pretty obvious advantages. But, supposedly Phil was sleeping through workouts... so yeah.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
User avatar
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 6803
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:34 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:44 am

Oh he screwed us big time with that pick, along with Noah's ridiculous contract......Knicks have no choice but to buy him out.

And yes, Phil was sleeping through workouts. He pulled off one of the biggest con jobs in sports history.

The french fry is only 19, so maybe he'll develop, who knows? But he's not the athletic, explosive player this franchise needs to pair with Porzingis.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:46 am

So far, Mudiay has turned out to be a bust.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3889573


At least Trae Young wants to play here, lol.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3888440
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:36 am

There's something oddly poetic about the Bulls and Knicks battling each other in the race to the bottom. Not quite as exciting as their Playoff clashes, mind you.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:40 am

Andrew wrote:There's something oddly poetic about the Bulls and Knicks battling each other in the race to the bottom. Not quite as exciting as their Playoff clashes, mind you.


The most frustrating part is I have ZERO confidence that the Knicks front office can get this franchise to where Philly is. Knicks have been a laughing-stock for nearly 20 years, mostly because of short-term thinking by management.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am

I feel the same way about GarPax.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:14 am

Knicks have gone 45 years without a championship, 1 playoff series win in nearly 19 years, 5 years with no playoff appearances, lottery bound for the 3rd time in 4 years, the worst owner in professional sports, $72 mil tied up in Joakim Noah, a clown president in Steve Mills who gave Tim Hardaway Jr. a $71 mil contract and the team features four less-than-stellar point guards. Knicks make the Cleveland Browns look like a model franchise, and there's no hope in sight.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3902233
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Stress Fracture on Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:20 am

Will you Knicks fans Trust the Process?
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
User avatar
Stress Fracture
In James I Trust
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Yao's ankles, feet

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:20 am

Stress Fracture wrote:Will you Knicks fans Trust the Process?


We have no trust in the men in charge of the Process.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:50 am

Can't trust the process if there is no process. Knicks are a joke.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23042
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jackal on Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:59 pm

You don't need to trust the process when you're in possession of The Unicorn.

You can however bash your head that Dolan is the team owner though.
Image
User avatar
Jackal
 
Posts: 14842
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:59 am

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:48 am

Jackal wrote:You can however bash your head that Dolan is the team owner though.


Even though Dolan has pretty much stayed quiet recently, he (and his lackeys) still the Knicks biggest problem. Franchises that win consistently(Spurs, Patriots, Steelers, etc.) have smart owners who hire the right people, put them in the right positions and leave them alone. There's also ONE philosophy throughout the entire organization, a positive culture, player development and the team has an identity. During the Riley/Van Gundy years, we knew what the Knicks were. They haven't had an identity since, and their culture is beyond toxic.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.3909250
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:58 am

During the championship years, the Bernard King years, the Riley/Van Gundy era, I was seriously into this franchise. I worked near MSG during the 90s, and when the Knicks were relevant, the area was jumping. But now I'm worn out and disgusted with nearly 20 years of nonsense. With the current front office and questions about Porzingis, there is nothing to be optimistic about.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jackal on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:02 am

I can't imagine how good that atmosphere could be if this team was halfway decent. But it's the Knicks and tourists will always attend despite them being terrible. Just recently a buddy of mine shared some pics of attending a game despite him being more in to baseball. Dolan's fine with the team not being good.

If there's one team I'd wish a owner/management change for, it's the Knicks followed by replacing the front office of the Bulls. These two teams should be prime attractions in the league. The Lakers started their rebuild after the Knicks and the Knicks still have only KP and overpaid Hardaway to show for it. No real identity, no stability on the coaching staff, no real direction from the front office...
Image
User avatar
Jackal
 
Posts: 14842
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:59 am

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:11 am

Jackal wrote:I can't imagine how good that atmosphere could be if this team was halfway decent. But it's the Knicks and tourists will always attend despite them being terrible. Just recently a buddy of mine shared some pics of attending a game despite him being more in to baseball. Dolan's fine with the team not being good.

If there's one team I'd wish a owner/management change for, it's the Knicks followed by replacing the front office of the Bulls. These two teams should be prime attractions in the league. The Lakers started their rebuild after the Knicks and the Knicks still have only KP and overpaid Hardaway to show for it. No real identity, no stability on the coaching staff, no real direction from the front office...



....and yet, the Knicks are one of the richest franchises in professional sports. We are so f****d.

This team is LIGHT YEARS away from getting to Philly's level.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby benji on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:58 pm

Knicks will fire Jeff Hornacek

their top targets are apparently Mark Jackson and David Blatt
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Selfishly, I'd like to see Mark Jackson hired because I'm not a fan of his commentary, but I think Blatt would be a fine choice. I feel he got a raw deal in Cleveland.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:24 am

Knicks will be looking for their 11th head coach since 2001. What a garbage franchise.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2312 ... f-hornacek


LOL @ Mills preaching patience and no more quick fixes. He's the assclown who, after TWO weeks into the job, gave Hardaway that ridiculous contract.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:46 am

High turnover in the position aside, should Hornacek have been kept around longer? What's the general opinion as far as he's concerned?
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:35 am

Andrew wrote:High turnover in the position aside, should Hornacek have been kept around longer? What's the general opinion as far as he's concerned?


Hornacek was dead-man-walking all season, Andrew. Knicks wanted to get rid of anyone associated with Phil.

But their biggest problem is an inept front office that can't pick the right players, no matter who's in charge. You've seen it for yourself, who the Knicks drafted and who they passed on, Donovan Mitchell being the latest. Philly figured it out. It took Golden State 40 years, but eventually they figured it out too.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:08 pm

Wonder who'll they'll bring in next to coach. Who are some of the big names?
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:10 am

Andrew wrote:Wonder who'll they'll bring in next to coach. Who are some of the big names?


Mark Jackson, Blatt, Fizdale, Jerry Stackhouse, Jay Wright are the names I've heard so far.
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Kevin on Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:16 am

Who's the better option? Blatt or Fizdale?
User avatar
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics
 
Posts: 7971
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:47 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:27 am

I reckon Blatt, though whoever they go with, the front office obviously has to give them a decent roster to work with.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:47 am

They'll likely go after a coach that will easily acquiesce to the management's whims and demands without raising much of a fuss.

Don't know about Wright's personality but that leaves out Fizdale, Jackson, and Stackhouse.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer
 
Posts: 23042
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:21 am
Location: In your mind

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby benji on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:28 pm

TNT analyst Kenny Smith will interview for the New York Knicks' head-coaching job on Friday, a source told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14531
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 pm

If he gets it, I wonder who'll take his spot alongside EJ, Chuck, and Shaq.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:30 am

Andrew wrote:If he gets it, I wonder who'll take his spot alongside EJ, Chuck, and Shaq.


Chris Webber is so ready to take the next step.
Image
User avatar
I Hate Mondays
 
Posts: 2765
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:41 am
Location: Romania

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:02 am

benji wrote:
TNT analyst Kenny Smith will interview for the New York Knicks' head-coaching job on Friday, a source told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.


Typical Knicks
Jeffx
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:09 am
Location: Bronx, New York

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:18 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
Andrew wrote:If he gets it, I wonder who'll take his spot alongside EJ, Chuck, and Shaq.


Chris Webber is so ready to take the next step.


But then that will still leave Reggie to commentate on games. Tough call.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator
 
Posts: 104805
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests