[Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Modding tutorials and other resources for NBA 2K18.

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby mitzkiro58 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:23 am

i use notepad pro or notepad++ worked to saves edit appearances. regular windows notepad causes to crash the game. :bowdown:
User avatar
mitzkiro58
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby mitzkiro58 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:28 am

I changed the body type and muscle thin ripped from regular body type of Isaiah Austin. (Y)

Edited

Image

Default/Original Png

Image
User avatar
mitzkiro58
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby mitzkiro58 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:36 am

Nikolai1510 wrote:
CarolusXCI wrote:
Nikolai1510 wrote:Dont know why but when i just edited "Normal" muscle type instead of "Ripped" in "appearance_info.RDAT" and then put edited png file into "modded" folder my game crush. Maybe i use bad version of 7zip :x even dont know


Try to edit the RDAT file without extracting it. Right click on the file, then "open outside". After editing it, there will be a message saying you changed some stuff and blah blah. Just click on OK.

I've Just does all that you say. After editing "appearance_info.RDAT" when i try to edit player in roster, the game crushes. Thanks for the answer


It worked for me open outside as notepad pro or notepad++ than regular windows notepad. :D
User avatar
mitzkiro58
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:45 am

mitzkiro58 wrote:I changed the body type and muscle thin ripped from regular body type of Isaiah Austin. (Y)

Edited

[ Image ]

Default/Original Png

[ Image ]


This looks exactly the same to me.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 am

TGsoGood wrote:
mitzkiro58 wrote:I changed the body type and muscle thin ripped from regular body type of Isaiah Austin. (Y)

Edited

[ Image ]

Default/Original Png

[ Image ]


This looks exactly the same to me.

There's a little difference if you zoom into the two pictures.
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 2350
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:59 am

from what I can tell, players all have the same base body. You can add muscle definiton, you can change the wingspan.
But there are no fat players, there are no skinny players, all players are "average". Even in the png files the body types say "average".
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Nikolai1510 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:35 am

It seem to me that Trey Burke and Galloway has 2k17 bodytypes or some kind of that. unfortunatly there are no way to change them( but as for others bodytypes, yes its works :?
User avatar
Nikolai1510
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby mitzkiro58 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:37 am

TGsoGood wrote:from what I can tell, players all have the same base body. You can add muscle definiton, you can change the wingspan.
But there are no fat players, there are no skinny players, all players are "average". Even in the png files the body types say "average".


yes all players body type always average can't find to change it. :?
User avatar
mitzkiro58
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby mitzkiro58 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:38 am

Nikolai1510 wrote:It seem to me that Trey Burke and Galloway has 2k17 bodytypes or some kind of that. unfortunatly there are no way to change them( but as for others bodytypes, yes its works :?


what's png trey burke and galloway?
User avatar
mitzkiro58
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:43 am

Nikolai1510 wrote:It seem to me that Trey Burke and Galloway has 2k17 bodytypes or some kind of that. unfortunatly there are no way to change them( but as for others bodytypes, yes its works :?


They don't have 2K17 bodies, I just checked.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Nikolai1510 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:00 am

I'm sorry but....is there anybody who can change Burke, Galloway and Wall bodies, cause i'm sick and tired to change them.... :evil:
User avatar
Nikolai1510
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby eko718 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:59 am

I was just really trying to correct D Wades arms, as for some reason they are extremely skinny. Body modifications work but not arms. I even copied a different players body type but the arms stayed the same while everything else changed.
eko718
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:44 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:01 am

eko718 wrote:I was just really trying to correct D Wades arms, as for some reason they are extremely skinny. Body modifications work but not arms. I even copied a different players body type but the arms stayed the same while everything else changed.


Edit the 3d model, I'm pretty sure that is the only way.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby eko718 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 am

Yeah was thinking that's probably the only way. I haven't done that before but I guess I can look into it.
eko718
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:44 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby DanREZx0 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:17 pm

mitzkiro58 wrote:I changed the body type and muscle thin ripped from regular body type of Isaiah Austin. (Y)

Edited

[ Image ]

Default/Original Png

[ Image ]


he is ingame? :shock: cant find him
DanREZx0
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby mitzkiro58 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:48 pm

DanREZx0 wrote:
mitzkiro58 wrote:I changed the body type and muscle thin ripped from regular body type of Isaiah Austin. (Y)

Edited

[ Image ]

Default/Original Png

[ Image ]


he is ingame? :shock: cant find him



Use Limnono 2k18. Find Isaiah Austin and his CF ID is 4266
User avatar
mitzkiro58
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby DanREZx0 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:10 pm

mitzkiro58 wrote:
DanREZx0 wrote:
mitzkiro58 wrote:I changed the body type and muscle thin ripped from regular body type of Isaiah Austin. (Y)

Edited

[ Image ]

Default/Original Png

[ Image ]


he is ingame? :shock: cant find him



Use Limnono 2k18. Find Isaiah Austin and his CF ID is 4266
\

found him but his head is too big Xd
DanREZx0
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:27 pm

They all have big heads
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby eko718 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:18 pm

Another quick observation on this. The fields like "upperarmTHICK" in the appearance dat file affect how the arm looks with accessories on. Probably the same for the leg edits but I haven't looked at that. They do not affect the actual body however. Durant's arm can look like Shaq with a full arm sleeve and normal once the accessories are removed.
eko718
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:44 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:00 pm

eko718 wrote:Another quick observation on this. The fields like "upperarmTHICK" in the appearance dat file affect how the arm looks with accessories on. Probably the same for the leg edits but I haven't looked at that. They do not affect the actual body however. Durant's arm can look like Shaq with a full arm sleeve and normal once the accessories are removed.


So looks like 2K just used the same torso size for all players and then edited limb size. This is ok for me. I'm just taking notes of everything in this game the first few weeks.
Once I know how all of this stuff works then I can start using this info to my advantage to create better cyberfaces, rosters, etc.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3928
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby DanREZx0 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:03 pm

TGsoGood wrote:They all have big heads


yeah. some are normal some are too big :D
DanREZx0
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby eko718 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:29 pm

TGsoGood wrote:
eko718 wrote:Another quick observation on this. The fields like "upperarmTHICK" in the appearance dat file affect how the arm looks with accessories on. Probably the same for the leg edits but I haven't looked at that. They do not affect the actual body however. Durant's arm can look like Shaq with a full arm sleeve and normal once the accessories are removed.


So looks like 2K just used the same torso size for all players and then edited limb size. This is ok for me. I'm just taking notes of everything in this game the first few weeks.
Once I know how all of this stuff works then I can start using this info to my advantage to create better cyberfaces, rosters, etc.



To rephrase, it seems like the model itself does not change, only the area that the accessory covers. So if KD has a half arm sleeve and you give him Shaq sized arms in appearance_info, His upper arm would look thin while only the area covered by the accessory would be bigger. So it seems that models are still the only way to adjust actual limb thickness.
eko718
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:44 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby garypayton on Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:16 am

I tried to use notepad++

imported appearance file from lebron to another player and the game keeps on crashing
garypayton
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:44 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby theMARKwithamouth on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:59 pm

Oh my God, thanks for this man! :bowdown:
User avatar
theMARKwithamouth
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Ronin2K on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:19 am

How many value do i need to copy ? Coz i got some issue everytime i open edited player my 2K18 crashed ? :/ A force close rather .
Follow my facebook page : https://web.facebook.com/Ronin2K/
Accepting Donations via Paypal : https://www.paypal.me/ronin2k
User avatar
Ronin2K
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:10 pm
Location: Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18 Tutorials & FAQs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest