[Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Modding tutorials and other resources for NBA 2K18.

[Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby maumau78 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Hi All!

If you were a fan like me of editing body lenght / torso etc you will notice that that option is no longer available in 2k18; well I think we can change that since seems 2k has moved those parameters inside the PNG file

So open the desired PNG file with 7-zip and look for appearance_info.RDAT:

Image

So for example below I exchanged parameters of Durant Body into Lebron...et voila! We've changed body proportions!


Image

Image

That's great for modding perspective becouse modder not only can edit the 3d but also release correct body proportions..also I think you can change more than just leg / torso / shoulder size

Hope this help !
This topic was moved from NBA 2K18 Modding by Andrew on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:14 pm.
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby CarolusXCI on Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Great!!!
User avatar
CarolusXCI
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:23 am
Location: Brazil

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby DanREZx0 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:36 pm

Too complicated? :crazyeyes:
DanREZx0
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 10:14 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby TGsoGood on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:44 pm

I think this is better than doing it in blender because the accessories will still fit.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3895
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby LitDRCat on Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:48 pm

Great work~!
LitDRCat
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Nikolai1510 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:34 pm

Sory i'm stupid) where can i find this PNG file?
User avatar
Nikolai1510
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby maumau78 on Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Nikolai1510 wrote:Sory i'm stupid) where can i find this PNG file?


You need to extract them using explorer...and you can find a list of player<->png over NLSC forums....

for example Lebron is png1013.iff
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Nikolai1510 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:05 am

maumau78 wrote:
Nikolai1510 wrote:Sory i'm stupid) where can i find this PNG file?


You need to extract them using explorer...and you can find a list of player<->png over NLSC forums....

for example Lebron is png1013.iff

Man can you please make a video guide? i'm novice. and i'm very angry of theese 2k body types of some players, and want to change them alot. please give us youtube guide :bowdown:
User avatar
Nikolai1510
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Jonny2k on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:08 am

Can this work for editing jersey number location?
User avatar
Jonny2k
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:47 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:33 am

Great news, I wish these values stood for the actual body types sizes and not the length etc.
User avatar
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor
 
Posts: 2347
Joined: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:02 am
Location: Ireland

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby maumau78 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:52 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:Great news, I wish these values stood for the actual body types sizes and not the length etc.

In my opinion it's not just lenght....also size of body parts but I need to dig into it....
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Nikolai1510 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:23 am

As i understand by steps.
1) Export (Durant and James png's with 2k17 Explorer)
2) Open Durant Png with 7zip, find appearance_info.RDAT, copy all
3) Open James png, find appearance_info.RDAT, paste all, save
4) Go to explorer and Import James png with new parametrs of appearance_info.RDAT

Am I wright?
User avatar
Nikolai1510
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby maumau78 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:25 am

Nikolai1510 wrote:As i understand by steps.
1) Export (Durant and James png's with 2k17 Explorer)
2) Open Durant Png with 7zip, find appearance_info.RDAT, copy all
3) Open James png, find appearance_info.RDAT, paste all, save
4) Go to explorer and Import James png with new parametrs of appearance_info.RDAT

Am I wright?


4) No just use "loading plugin" put the edited file into modded folder
2-3) Copy what you need not all
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore
User avatar
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 2306
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:26 pm
Location: Italy

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Nikolai1510 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:17 am

maumau78 wrote:
Nikolai1510 wrote:As i understand by steps.
1) Export (Durant and James png's with 2k17 Explorer)
2) Open Durant Png with 7zip, find appearance_info.RDAT, copy all
3) Open James png, find appearance_info.RDAT, paste all, save
4) Go to explorer and Import James png with new parametrs of appearance_info.RDAT

Am I wright?


4) No just use "loading plugin" put the edited file into modded folder
2-3) Copy what you need not all

ok thanks. sorry but if i want to change hand length, what parametrs i must edit? only arms? or whole body :roll:
User avatar
Nikolai1510
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby bongo88 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 am

u566uta_98_current_away.RDAT
u566uta_98_current_home.RDAT

these are found in the iff files. uniforms for 98 jazz team.

"SHORTS TYPE": "NONE" in original game had long baggy shorts.
"SHORTS TYPE": "RETRO" changed to retro had short retro shorts.

also other options in the rdat file about uniforms:

"JERSEY TYPE": "classic_v_neck",
"SHORTS TYPE": "RETRO",
"COLORIZED NUMBERS": "FALSE",
"SHORTS NUMBERS": "FALSE",
"NO NBA PATCH": "FALSE",
"FRONT NUMBER ALIGNMENT": "CENTERED",
"UPPER NAME PLATE STYLE": "LAST",
"LOWER NAME PLATE STYLE": "NONE",
"PATCH": "NBA"

the 96 bulls have this as jersey type: "JERSEY TYPE": "classic_u_neck"
havent looked through many uniforms. just 98 jazz and 96 bulls.
bongo88
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:30 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby MkElite on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:26 am

but does this allow editing the actual height?
I MAKE CRAZY VIDEOS http://www.YouTube.com/MkElite
User avatar
MkElite
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:38 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:04 am

MkElite wrote:but does this allow editing the actual height?

No height is edited in game.
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3895
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Nikolai1510 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:55 am

Dont know why but when i just edited "Normal" muscle type instead of "Ripped" in "appearance_info.RDAT" and then put edited png file into "modded" folder my game crush. Maybe i use bad version of 7zip :x even dont know
User avatar
Nikolai1510
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby CarolusXCI on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:46 am

Nikolai1510 wrote:Dont know why but when i just edited "Normal" muscle type instead of "Ripped" in "appearance_info.RDAT" and then put edited png file into "modded" folder my game crush. Maybe i use bad version of 7zip :x even dont know


Try to edit the RDAT file without extracting it. Right click on the file, then "open outside". After editing it, there will be a message saying you changed some stuff and blah blah. Just click on OK.
User avatar
CarolusXCI
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:23 am
Location: Brazil

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Nikolai1510 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:51 am

CarolusXCI wrote:
Nikolai1510 wrote:Dont know why but when i just edited "Normal" muscle type instead of "Ripped" in "appearance_info.RDAT" and then put edited png file into "modded" folder my game crush. Maybe i use bad version of 7zip :x even dont know


Try to edit the RDAT file without extracting it. Right click on the file, then "open outside". After editing it, there will be a message saying you changed some stuff and blah blah. Just click on OK.

I've Just does all that you say. After editing "appearance_info.RDAT" when i try to edit player in roster, the game crushes. Thanks for the answer
User avatar
Nikolai1510
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby eko718 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:36 am

Same here. I only edited the upper arm value and it is causing the game to crash.
eko718
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:44 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby eko718 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:42 am

So I tried this with Notepad++ and it worked. I extracted the file, edited it, deleted from archive and added the modded file.
eko718
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:44 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:49 am

I think editing in regular notepad causes the file not save correctly as rdat file. I had the same issue in 2K17
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ
User avatar
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3895
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:03 am
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby eko718 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Arm size does not seem to change via this method.
eko718
 
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2002 7:44 am

Re: [Maumau78's] Tutorial: edit body lenght / torso / leg

Postby Nikolai1510 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:35 pm

eko718 wrote:So I tried this with Notepad++ and it worked. I extracted the file, edited it, deleted from archive and added the modded file.

Big thanks to you Man ! :bowdown2:
User avatar
Nikolai1510
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Next

Return to NBA 2K18 Tutorials & FAQs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests