NBA 2K15 Mods?

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Call_M3_Mr-T on Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:58 am

ChrisCP3Paul wrote:Kcity, that bad eh ?? so we can't get any word on the nitty gritty from our boys Jao or Leftos ?

and I mean official word by the way, not asking them to spill 2K secrets or whatever.....
if we could just get a baseline, I mean just point us in the right direction explain to us what is possible this year and what isn't....

I find it hard to believe they went through all this trouble making the PC release so great and then not care about mods at all, I mean the majority of the people that got the game on PC is because of mods, I'm sure everyone at 2K including the office janitor would know that

I'm pretty sure they would like to help but there is no telling what their contracts state they can and can't do..
------------------------------Youtube / DWad3MIA------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Call_M3_Mr-T
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:47 am

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Kccitystar on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:49 am

Call_M3_Mr-T wrote:
ChrisCP3Paul wrote:Kcity, that bad eh ?? so we can't get any word on the nitty gritty from our boys Jao or Leftos ?

and I mean official word by the way, not asking them to spill 2K secrets or whatever.....
if we could just get a baseline, I mean just point us in the right direction explain to us what is possible this year and what isn't....

I find it hard to believe they went through all this trouble making the PC release so great and then not care about mods at all, I mean the majority of the people that got the game on PC is because of mods, I'm sure everyone at 2K including the office janitor would know that

I'm pretty sure they would like to help but there is no telling what their contracts state they can and can't do..


I'm pretty sure 2K/Visual Concepts lock down a lot of stuff with employees, stuff like NDAs and proprietary software agreements (meaning if you were a programmer and you developed a utility on their dime, it's theirs even after you're let go)...
User avatar
Kccitystar
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:07 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Tha King on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Kccitystar wrote:
Call_M3_Mr-T wrote:
ChrisCP3Paul wrote:Kcity, that bad eh ?? so we can't get any word on the nitty gritty from our boys Jao or Leftos ?

and I mean official word by the way, not asking them to spill 2K secrets or whatever.....
if we could just get a baseline, I mean just point us in the right direction explain to us what is possible this year and what isn't....

I find it hard to believe they went through all this trouble making the PC release so great and then not care about mods at all, I mean the majority of the people that got the game on PC is because of mods, I'm sure everyone at 2K including the office janitor would know that

I'm pretty sure they would like to help but there is no telling what their contracts state they can and can't do..


I'm pretty sure 2K/Visual Concepts lock down a lot of stuff with employees, stuff like NDAs and proprietary software agreements (meaning if you were a programmer and you developed a utility on their dime, it's theirs even after you're let go)...

I agree to this.
Image
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
User avatar
Tha King
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby buddaking on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:17 pm

All i want is some new scoreboards with tnt or espn logos and better courts and im a happen man. Everything else in the game is perfect.
buddaking
 
Posts: 440
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:08 am

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Kevin on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:24 pm

2k/VC prohibits their employees to mod. If they didn't, we shouldn't still be waiting for 2k15 to get modded.
User avatar
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics
 
Posts: 7986
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:47 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Kccitystar on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:02 pm

Man, TexMod doesn't even work. :(
User avatar
Kccitystar
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:07 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Call_M3_Mr-T on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Kccitystar wrote:Man, TexMod doesn't even work. :(

:cry: :cry: I wonder how long it is going to take to crack this game..
------------------------------Youtube / DWad3MIA------------------------------------
Image
User avatar
Call_M3_Mr-T
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:47 am

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Kccitystar on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Call_M3_Mr-T wrote:
Kccitystar wrote:Man, TexMod doesn't even work. :(

:cry: :cry: I wonder how long it is going to take to crack this game..


I'm going to try to find tools used for DX11 games
User avatar
Kccitystar
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:07 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby SC1211 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:36 pm

Image

Help us Vlad, you're our only hope!
User avatar
SC1211
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:07 am

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby MonkSV on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:21 pm

So , finnaly after all these months no one could find something to mod the game ?
No Kuroko no Basket , Slam dunk , edit career roasters will be allowed this year ? :(

Sad that 2k donc make easy took , that game could be so fun with mods, but they dont care about PC version anyway , we cant even speak online , switch controllers fail in game etc ...
MonkSV
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:16 am

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:11 pm

Compared to previous years, modding has been more difficult and limited, yes. There certainly are mods for the game however: a glance at the Downloads databases and Releases section will show you what's on offer.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 106011
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby WithAuthority on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:53 am

I said this a year ago, and nothing has changed my opinion since. I dont believe this next gen version of 2k will ever be editable in the same way 2k14 and previous were. I believe they (2K) intentionally took steps to make it more difficult, as well as hiring away most of the modding community at NLSC, with the "no modding" clause in their contracts. This was deliberate, and no one will convince me otherwise.
Collector & Trader of vintage NBA games, DVD, and memorabilia
User avatar
WithAuthority
ABL Commish
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:43 pm

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:29 pm

If they wanted to shut down modding, it'd be far cheaper (and easier) to have their lawyers send us a cease and desist.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 106011
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 9:51 pm
Location: Australia

Previous

Return to NBA 2K15

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest