Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby 2petrinsky2k15 on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:16 am

Hi,

I'm hoping you can help. Every time I try to play NBA 2K15 with my PC it crashes to desktop without even getting me to see KD in the intro screen. Nothing. I click the NBA2K15 desktop shortcut that Steam created and the screen turns black momentarily and then goes right back to the desktop. Every 1/20 times I try, I might make it to see KD, but it still always crashes to desktop. The only way I can play this game is with Steam running in Offline mode, and everything works pretty well (for the most part). But I can obviously only play part of the game.

Here are my computer specs:

GeForce GTX 660
Intel(R) Core i5-4670 CPU @ 3.4GHz
16 GB RAM
Windows 8.1

Attached are two zips that include my crashreport.tx and videosettings.cfg but with two days apart in case you see something different. I also set my fast_testure_setting to "0", but that didn't help.

Can you help?

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2petrinsky2k15
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:05 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby marcisaac on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:57 pm

Game crashes whenever I participate in the Dunk Contest in MyGM. I set everyone to be palyer-controlled and when the second dunker completes his dunk, the game crashes to desktop.

{77e6d4a}
483486
6ae69f0200099380
84c05e400009573c
84c05e4000015148
84c05e400003554d
84c05e4000015d1c
84c05e400004fe48
d65200
e2c3f8
d77f6f
d771cd
d76afb
d82605
d87c6b
d84efb
d68690
4ab716
4abd8c
43df43
f2e3ef
6ae69f020001f56d
84c05e4000033281
"He who controls the rebound, controls the game."
User avatar
marcisaac
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:24 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby jaycee10 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:32 am

Hi Leftos,

First of all appreciate the support we're getting.

The game at first never crashed and was all smooth. Ever since the 2nd patch for PC only the game crashed on me at least 3 times, 1 time when I'm selecting items for My Player, 1 time at the beginning of the game and another time just now right after a coaching session.

They have all crashed during the time when I was playing my career.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jaycee10
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Leftos on Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:46 am

For future crash reports, if possible, also please include a DxDiag log (type in DxDiag in the Windows Start Menu and use the "Save All Information..." button to save a log).
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby kobebeck on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:08 am

Random Crashing to Desktop - I can only play for 10 - 30 minutes before it crashes, randomly with no errors, to the desktop.(with Patch 1 and Patch 2)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kobebeck
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Leftos on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:51 am

If you're crashing randomly and not at the same spot consistently, it would help to attach multiple crash reports so that we can see if we can determine common elements between them to track down the issue.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Ramjet on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:54 am

I will give that a go, and try to keep multiple reports together. It would be nice if the crashreport file actually updated itself with new crashes, or if new files were generated with each crash. Right now, once you crash, you get a report, and it will not update that file if a new crash happens.

Mostly, I've been playing some mycareer, little mypark over the weekend, and online league (with custom roster). I haven't crashed at all in mypark, but regularly crash during gameplay during career and the online league.
Ramjet
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:23 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:30 am

I have not had any trouble with the game crashing before or after the patch. But today when in my first dunk contest in MyGM, I got my first crash. It has happened several times now. It always crashes after the second dunker starts his routine. So basically the dunk contest is unplayable. I believe it has already been reported by somebody else as well.
User avatar
ColumbusBobby23
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby bigjorge1 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:53 am

when i try to launch game at first it crashes to desktop...if i try restarting after it will just freeze at the team logos screen...i included crash report and video cfg in attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
bigjorge1
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:20 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby D-Fish on Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:29 pm

Thanks for any help you can provide, Leftos. I haven't had any crashes before now... I play mostly offline, but I went online to make sure everything was updated for the season opener and it downloaded some updated content… everything was fine until I went into my custom roster and was scrolling through the teams and everytime I get to the "Created Player List" it crashes to the desktop. As long as I don't go across the "Created Player List", it is okay. Bear in mind, I have not created any players, so that's what makes it even more baffling. Here is my Crash report (w/ DxDiag attached):

{77e6d4a}
483486
6ae69f020009b940
84c05e4000093398
84c05e40000185c8
84c05e4000029d2d
84c05e40000191cf
84c05e4000051248
d6a4f0
cb3fc6
cc1823
16469d
ddc0cb
d7122d
dd4fbb
ddfbda
404743
dd44d8
426990
429c68
429ac2
429cec
42a728
153f36
201199
2026c2
2027e6
4ab9d2
4abd8c
43df43
f2e3ef
6ae69f02000159ed
84c05e400002c541
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RETIRED MODDER I used to MOD, but I quit because people & whatnot...
User avatar
D-Fish
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:18 pm
Location: At Grandma's House Smoking Crystal Light

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby marv1_2K on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:15 am

Minilock wrote:Reposting my report from previous thread since it wasn't in the right place.

Crashed on MyCareer dunk contest (2nd season). Cannot pass it for a few days. Crash happens after 3rd dunk of the second CPU player. Don't know if dunkers are different but in my case it crashes after Predrag Olic's 3rd dunk.




I have this crashed too. Do you find a solution? I need help please!
marv1_2K
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:56 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby theonlyother on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:57 am

Here are the 3 different crash reports you wanted Leftos. Big thanks from me and everyone in the community for all your help man!

It basically does the same thing for each one when crashing. It will just go to the desktop although sometimes it will just Freeze and I will have to ctrl-alt-delete to close the game out.

My Team crashes since I beat the lakers in domination mode and went to open the reward packs. *NOTE* it crashed Every time I opened a pack before this but now I cant play My team at all.

The Store has crashed since I first bought the game and installed it.

The Shoes has crashed since I first bought the game and installed it.

Any word on when Patch #3 will be available? Thanks again Leftos and hope you can get this fixed asap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
theonlyother
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:16 pm

For those that experience crashes in the Dunk Contest: Are you using an HDMI cable connected to an NVidia graphics card for both video and audio, instead of feeding audio to speakers or a monitor from the motherboard?

For those using an HDMI cable to feed video and audio from an NVidia graphics card: Does turning the NVidia audio driver off and/or switching to the onboard audio of your motherboard alleviate your crashes?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby tnt23 on Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:17 am

i had the same issue with hdmi on nvidia

disabling sound card for dunk contest solved my crashing problem

found the solution in a 2K14 thread before i saw this post
ALLTiME ALLSTARS
Image
User avatar
tnt23
 
Posts: 845
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:50 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby wszsytko on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:40 am

Freezes in myplayer store on when iI'm going do play online match or when I'm open MyTeam.

(Earlier I had this issue on AMD cpu, but 2 weeks ago I've buy a new pc with Intel CPU, new MB, RAM, but I not change my GPU yet and I have still this problem when I want to launch store or open myteam)

Code: Select all
{77e6d4a}
483486
6ae69f020009b940
84c05e4000093398
84c05e40000185c8
84c05e4000029d2d
84c05e40000191cf
84c05e4000051248
7d42ba0000270c86
7d42ba0000296256
7d42ba000027a501
7d42ba0000280980
7d42ba00000c11b1
7d42ba00000b1274
7d42ba00000ace9d
7d42ba00001f1f6a
7d42ba0000a9e6df
7d42ba0000a9e886
6ae69f02000159ed
84c05e400002c541
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wszsytko
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:55 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:39 am

Just experienced my very first CTD. In NBA Today, I went all the way to the right, selected 'Roster', and CTD. Will post a Crash Report later; heading out to dinner.
Image
User avatar
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member
 
Posts: 8967
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:06 pm
Location: New York

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby gszwabowski on Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:25 pm

Game has been crashing at halftime, and crashes occasionally during the first or second quarter. Hasn't worked consistently ever since I bought the game.

Crash Report:

{77e6d4a}
483486
6ae69f020009b940
84c05e4000093398
84c05e40000185c8
84c05e4000029d2d
84c05e40000191cf
84c05e4000051248
e6b64dd00576b33
e6b64dd00576935
e6b64dd00593bb5
e6b64dd00597f97
e6b64dd00597d39
e6b64dd000096c9
e6b64dd004ff8fb
e6b64dd0051f02f
e6b64dd005ce36f
e6b64dd005ce516
6ae69f02000159ed
84c05e400002c541
gszwabowski
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:22 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby fjccommish on Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:18 pm

I have the same problem another person mentioned. The game crashes when I try to scroll down in the created player list. This is the created player list shown in roster editor.

Looks like it's not just scrolling down in the list. There were two created players in the list. One I created after patch one but before patch two. That one is fine. I can select the player, edit, move to rosters etc. The second player was created after patch two. If I try to move to that player, the game crashes. If I delete the first player, then the game crashes as soon as I go to the created player list while editing a roster (to move the player, or even to just look at the player.)

There is no problem in create a player - the menu for creating new players or editing already created players.

Update: I edited the second player from the create a player menu. The only change was a name change - first name Frankie changed to first name Frank. I returned to roster editing. Now selecting the player doesn't crash the game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fjccommish
 
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:11 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby evoserb on Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:45 am

It crashes at random times during the game. Mostly during the 82 game season mode.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
evoserb
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:53 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Leftos on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:12 am

fjccommish wrote:I have the same problem another person mentioned. The game crashes when I try to scroll down in the created player list. This is the created player list shown in roster editor.

Looks like it's not just scrolling down in the list. There were two created players in the list. One I created after patch one but before patch two. That one is fine. I can select the player, edit, move to rosters etc. The second player was created after patch two. If I try to move to that player, the game crashes. If I delete the first player, then the game crashes as soon as I go to the created player list while editing a roster (to move the player, or even to just look at the player.)

There is no problem in create a player - the menu for creating new players or editing already created players.

Update: I edited the second player from the create a player menu. The only change was a name change - first name Frankie changed to first name Frank. I returned to roster editing. Now selecting the player doesn't crash the game.

This has been fixed for the next patch. The temporary workaround I've posted is to try and Save & Share the roster you want to edit and then edit the uploaded version instead of the one marked as local. The Created Players List shouldn't crash when editing a 2K Share roster.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Leftos on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:13 am

gszwabowski wrote:Game has been crashing at halftime, and crashes occasionally during the first or second quarter. Hasn't worked consistently ever since I bought the game.

Crash Report:

{77e6d4a}
483486
6ae69f020009b940
84c05e4000093398
84c05e40000185c8
84c05e4000029d2d
84c05e40000191cf
84c05e4000051248
e6b64dd00576b33
e6b64dd00576935
e6b64dd00593bb5
e6b64dd00597f97
e6b64dd00597d39
e6b64dd000096c9
e6b64dd004ff8fb
e6b64dd0051f02f
e6b64dd005ce36f
e6b64dd005ce516
6ae69f02000159ed
84c05e400002c541

DxDiag? VideoSettings.cfg? Are you using an integrated Intel graphics chip?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby gszwabowski on Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:54 am

Leftos wrote:
gszwabowski wrote:Game has been crashing at halftime, and crashes occasionally during the first or second quarter. Hasn't worked consistently ever since I bought the game.

Crash Report:

{77e6d4a}
483486
6ae69f020009b940
84c05e4000093398
84c05e40000185c8
84c05e4000029d2d
84c05e40000191cf
84c05e4000051248
e6b64dd00576b33
e6b64dd00576935
e6b64dd00593bb5
e6b64dd00597f97
e6b64dd00597d39
e6b64dd000096c9
e6b64dd004ff8fb
e6b64dd0051f02f
e6b64dd005ce36f
e6b64dd005ce516
6ae69f02000159ed
84c05e400002c541

DxDiag? VideoSettings.cfg? Are you using an integrated Intel graphics chip?

I'm using a brand new Radeon R7 260. No Intel Graphics. I'll make sure to post the videosettings.cfg but I've changed them a bit since then.
gszwabowski
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:22 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Rangerj19 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:51 am

{77e6d4a}
483486
6ae69f020009b940
84c05e4000093398
84c05e40000185c8
84c05e4000029d2d
84c05e40000191cf
84c05e4000051248
7d42ba0000270c86
7d42ba0000296256
7d42ba000027a501
7d42ba0000280980
7d42ba00000c11b1
7d42ba00000b1274
7d42ba00000ace9d
7d42ba00001f1f6a
7d42ba0000a9e6df
7d42ba0000a9e886
6ae69f02000159ed
84c05e400002c541






This is what pops up while opening MyCareer clothes/scenes.
Rangerj19
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Rangerj19 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:54 am

theonlyother wrote:Here are the 3 different crash reports you wanted Leftos. Big thanks from me and everyone in the community for all your help man!

It basically does the same thing for each one when crashing. It will just go to the desktop although sometimes it will just Freeze and I will have to ctrl-alt-delete to close the game out.

My Team crashes since I beat the lakers in domination mode and went to open the reward packs. *NOTE* it crashed Every time I opened a pack before this but now I cant play My team at all.

The Store has crashed since I first bought the game and installed it.

The Shoes has crashed since I first bought the game and installed it.

Any word on when Patch #3 will be available? Thanks again Leftos and hope you can get this fixed asap.



Someone like me OMG! I thought I was the only one with the same problems.
Rangerj19
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:43 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Rangerj19 on Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:57 am

Also, it crashes when I open endorsements in MyCareer. I didn't get crash reports yet, but when I do I'll post.
Rangerj19
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:43 am

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K15

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests