Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:40 am

On Crash to Desktop:
With the first PC patch, when a crash occurs you'll get a CrashReport.txt file under "%appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K15".

Please attach the report as a file (do not copy-paste the contents) and include the last few steps you took before the game crashed in your post.

Please also include your VideoSettings.cfg file as an attachment or zip it together with CrashReport.txt. Do not set it to read-only, or if you have done that in the past unset it and boot the game once again; we need to see what settings the game is using or trying to set due to your configuration, if any.

If possible, also please include a DxDiag log (type in DxDiag in the Windows Start Menu and use the "Save All Information..." button to save a log).

Things to try before you post:
  • Setting FAST_TEXTURE_TRANSFER = 0 in your VideoSettings.cfg file.

==================================================================

On Game Freeze: (includes game remaining in Task Manager after exit)
1. Download and install Process Explorer.
2. Run it while the game is running and frozen.
3. Find NBA2K15.exe, right-click, Create Dump, Create Minidump.
4. Find the DMP file that you saved and compress it (7-zip recommended).
5. Attach it in a reply, and please mention what the situation was where the game froze.

==================================================================

Any unrelated messages will be deleted. No bug reports, no "when is this coming", nothing that isn't simply a crash report or a freeze memory dump or a reply to a suggestion I made to you to try and alleviate the issue.

Thank you for the cooperation.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Minilock on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:27 am

Reposting my report from previous thread since it wasn't in the right place.

Crashed on MyCareer dunk contest (2nd season). Cannot pass it for a few days. Crash happens after 3rd dunk of the second CPU player. Don't know if dunkers are different but in my case it crashes after Predrag Olic's 3rd dunk.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Minilock
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Pabig93 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:31 am

Game is still crashing at startup.

I have done as you told me the following:

-Updated Audio Drivers
-reinstalled DirectX and vcredist versions that came with the game download
-checked for the .dll files that you named (they were there)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pabig93
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby rafikomp on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:42 am

Game is still turning off when I open my team.

I have set D3D_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS = 0 in VideoSettings.cfg
I have updated Audio Drivers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rafikomp
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:49 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Heinrich on Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:42 am

here is my crash report. the game works fine when steam is in offline mode. when steam is online, it crash nearly instantly after starting the game (via steam or exe file)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heinrich
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:10 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:26 am

appreciate the PM Leftos, here is the dump files you wanted..... In Windows Task Manager there is only 1 instance of 2K15 still frozen and stuck, but in Process Explorer there are 3 so I have 3 separate dump files for you, sorry bro :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
User avatar
ChrisCP3Paul
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:09 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby mauroth on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:16 am

Thanks for this thread Leftos.

Here's my crash report. I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, but then it got solved. Today steam updated...and here I'm stuck again...

Kinda interesting, I can't set the cpu priority to high, and instead it stays to below normal. No way to change it. Maybe this issue is more steam related?

I then tried moving the common folder on steamapps, uninstall steam and then move again the common folder once reinstalled. It seemed to work last time. Anyway after the file check it still crashes (v2) and the game is unable to move from lower cpu usage. I'm also unable to recover my cloud savings.

Please help me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
mauroth
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:27 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Jeffavy on Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:17 am

My game is still crashing at startup...when I click on the 'Play' button Steam shows me a window that says the game is launching, but after that it looks like nothing has happened.
All my drivers are updated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jeffavy
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:57 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:32 am

mauroth wrote:Thanks for this thread Leftos.

Here's my crash report. I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, but then it got solved. Today steam updated...and here I'm stuck again...

Kinda interesting, I can't set the cpu priority to high, and instead it stays to below normal. No way to change it. Maybe this issue is more steam related?

I then tried moving the common folder on steamapps, uninstall steam and then move again the common folder once reinstalled. It seemed to work last time. Anyway after the file check it still crashes (v2) and the game is unable to move from lower cpu usage. I'm also unable to recover my cloud savings.

Please help me.

What's the situation where you get this crash? What are the steps to get it to happen? Did you try deleting your VideoSettings.cfg file and letting it recreate itself?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby eureca on Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:27 pm

This happens at random times. I have crashed to desktop a lot the past day while I am in the park. Usually playing a game, but it could happen at any time really. It has happened since launch at different points but seems to be doing a lot in mypark recently.

When it crashes I get the following message.

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 344.11 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.


My video card is a GEFORCE GTS 450. It does have the latest video card drivers and I have tried re installing them.

Another crash I get is the following.

Sometimes while in a MyCareer game it stalls for like 3 seconds and the whole screen turns black. However you can still hear the audio and the game continue even though the entire screen is black. If you alt+tab out you can't go back in when you alt+tab back it just minimizes every time. Also if in a mycareer game when it turns black you can still pause and hit left and quit and save your current position in that current game if you know how maneuver the menu with no visuals. If I do that it does actually save but it will close NBA 2k15 completely after it saves.

Here is my CrashReport.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eureca
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby mauroth on Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Leftos wrote:
mauroth wrote:Thanks for this thread Leftos.

Here's my crash report. I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, but then it got solved. Today steam updated...and here I'm stuck again...

Kinda interesting, I can't set the cpu priority to high, and instead it stays to below normal. No way to change it. Maybe this issue is more steam related?

I then tried moving the common folder on steamapps, uninstall steam and then move again the common folder once reinstalled. It seemed to work last time. Anyway after the file check it still crashes (v2) and the game is unable to move from lower cpu usage. I'm also unable to recover my cloud savings.

Please help me.

What's the situation where you get this crash? What are the steps to get it to happen? Did you try deleting your VideoSettings.cfg file and letting it recreate itself?


Thanks for answering Leftos. It crashes every time I start a match. But also steam is very unstable and it often crashes as soon as I click on shift+tab. I tried deleting the videosettings but it still crashes (see enclosed crash reports). I also tried steam flush config but still nothing.The problem may also be related with my switchable graphic cards (it's an hp notebook with HD 6770M on board) because if I set adapter = 1 and the file isn't marked as "only read", it automatically regenerates with the intel HD3000 (see enclosed videosettings).
Another important related issue: as it happened before when I had the same problem, the game is unable to connect to the server.
I also forget to say that even when I solved the issue the first time, I still had to play in full screen window, otherwise the game will kick me out the desktop (with the game icon still working on the windows bar).

Please save me :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
mauroth
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:27 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby kyridiculous02 on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Game auto exits after I see the splash (KD Screen).

This has happened to me pre-patch and post-patch.

Here is my CrashReport:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kyridiculous02
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby kobebeck on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Random Crashing to Desktop - I can only play for 1 - 20 minutes before it crashes, randomly with no errors, to the desktop.

- Installed the latest patch for the game.
- Tried to run the game in Steam offline mode or with my internet unplugged.
- Made sure that my Nvidia drivers were the latest version (344.48).
- Tried setting the game's .exe to run as administrator.
- Tried reinstalling the latest versions of DirectX.
- Tried reinstalling the latest versions of VC++ redistributable.
- Tried verifying the game's cache several times.
- Made sure my version of Windows is updated.
- I have set D3D_INTERNAL_THREADING_OPTIMIZATIONS = 0 in VideoSettings.cfg.
- I have updated Audio Drivers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kobebeck
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby acey on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:44 am

Hi,

I am able to run the game in Offline mode on Steam, but when Online it crashes on the KD screen.

Crash report attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acey
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:41 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:50 am

This new patch does not work for me at all, been a few days now and I can't connect to 2K servers at all.... and game crashes when I exit remains stuck running in background of Windows however..



I want to go back to pre patch, should I delete the game completely and reinstall or what ?? how do I go back to base version of the game ?
Image
User avatar
ChrisCP3Paul
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:09 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:23 am

eureca wrote:This happens at random times. I have crashed to desktop a lot the past day while I am in the park. Usually playing a game, but it could happen at any time really. It has happened since launch at different points but seems to be doing a lot in mypark recently.

When it crashes I get the following message.

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 344.11 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.


My video card is a GEFORCE GTS 450. It does have the latest video card drivers and I have tried re installing them.

Another crash I get is the following.

Sometimes while in a MyCareer game it stalls for like 3 seconds and the whole screen turns black. However you can still hear the audio and the game continue even though the entire screen is black. If you alt+tab out you can't go back in when you alt+tab back it just minimizes every time. Also if in a mycareer game when it turns black you can still pause and hit left and quit and save your current position in that current game if you know how maneuver the menu with no visuals. If I do that it does actually save but it will close NBA 2k15 completely after it saves.

Here is my CrashReport.txt

Is your card stable in other games, without the driver crashing and resetting? Have you tried downgrading to a previous driver? I've had that happen with games with the latest drivers at the time if there was a bug and found that a previous version might be more stable.

mauroth wrote:
Leftos wrote:
mauroth wrote:Thanks for this thread Leftos.

Here's my crash report. I had a similar issue a couple of weeks ago, but then it got solved. Today steam updated...and here I'm stuck again...

Kinda interesting, I can't set the cpu priority to high, and instead it stays to below normal. No way to change it. Maybe this issue is more steam related?

I then tried moving the common folder on steamapps, uninstall steam and then move again the common folder once reinstalled. It seemed to work last time. Anyway after the file check it still crashes (v2) and the game is unable to move from lower cpu usage. I'm also unable to recover my cloud savings.

Please help me.

What's the situation where you get this crash? What are the steps to get it to happen? Did you try deleting your VideoSettings.cfg file and letting it recreate itself?


Thanks for answering Leftos. It crashes every time I start a match. But also steam is very unstable and it often crashes as soon as I click on shift+tab. I tried deleting the videosettings but it still crashes (see enclosed crash reports). I also tried steam flush config but still nothing.The problem may also be related with my switchable graphic cards (it's an hp notebook with HD 6770M on board) because if I set adapter = 1 and the file isn't marked as "only read", it automatically regenerates with the intel HD3000 (see enclosed videosettings).
Another important related issue: as it happened before when I had the same problem, the game is unable to connect to the server.
I also forget to say that even when I solved the issue the first time, I still had to play in full screen window, otherwise the game will kick me out the desktop (with the game icon still working on the windows bar).

Please save me :)

Are other Steam games stable on your setup?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby mauroth on Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:34 am

It's the only game I actually have installed on steam. Aren't my crash reports useful?

YEAH SOLVED!!! Damn Comodo Antivirus. Still, I need to buy a new pc to fully enjoy the game :)
User avatar
mauroth
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:27 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby lortcat on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:44 am

Hi Leftos,
Firs of all thanks you for your post.
My problem is that in a first time I couldn't start the game a for Directx problem, but i updated my drivers and directx and i could start the game but after a second of KD screen the game crashed. I've tried everything i've seen in some forums but nothing worked for me. In other games my pc runs perfectly. The problem is only with NBA 2k15.
I attached you the CrashReport.
Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.
Oscar,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lortcat
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:15 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby MIND__LINK on Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:49 am

I selected "negotiate contract" when trying to sign Mike Miller in MyLeague year 3. The game crashed every time I tried to sign him (3 times total).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
MIND__LINK
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:49 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby eureca on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:40 am

Leftos wrote:
eureca wrote:This happens at random times. I have crashed to desktop a lot the past day while I am in the park. Usually playing a game, but it could happen at any time really. It has happened since launch at different points but seems to be doing a lot in mypark recently.

When it crashes I get the following message.

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 344.11 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.


My video card is a GEFORCE GTS 450. It does have the latest video card drivers and I have tried re installing them.

Another crash I get is the following.

Sometimes while in a MyCareer game it stalls for like 3 seconds and the whole screen turns black. However you can still hear the audio and the game continue even though the entire screen is black. If you alt+tab out you can't go back in when you alt+tab back it just minimizes every time. Also if in a mycareer game when it turns black you can still pause and hit left and quit and save your current position in that current game if you know how maneuver the menu with no visuals. If I do that it does actually save but it will close NBA 2k15 completely after it saves.

Here is my CrashReport.txt
Is your card stable in other games, without the driver crashing and resetting? Have you tried downgrading to a previous driver? I've had that happen with games with the latest drivers at the time if there was a bug and found that a previous version might be more stable.


Other games don't do this. The only other game I remember doing this when I tried it was Watchdogs which was buggy for everyone from what I remember. I haven't tried downgrading to a previous driver yet. However I did notice a new driver update was released yesterday. So I installed that. I'll see how it runs with that.
eureca
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:41 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:22 pm

Keep in mind that a second patch has been released that should fix some of the crashes reported here. Let me know if it worked for you. If it didn't, no need to repost your crash, we're looking through all of them. If it did, I'd appreciate the confirmation.

General (non-crash report) discussion about Patch 2 is here: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=97098
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby plzplzplz on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:31 pm

:evil: Check my file plz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
plzplzplz
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby carcheever on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:43 pm

Hi Leftos:

After an automatic update of steam for today, my game crashes when I enter in the main menu.

With the first patch I could play after weeks of crashes.

I attached you the report

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
carcheever
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:38 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby JoeG on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:03 pm

I was able to play earlier today and just wanted to play a game before bed and when i opened the game it went to the main menu and then just shut down.

I didn't do anything different to my computer between it working and not working and everything seems up to date on CPU.


Thank You.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JoeG
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:24 am

Re: Crash Reports & Game Freezes

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:36 pm

carcheever, JoeG, are you on the latest driver for your graphics card? Can you try setting FAST_TEXTURE_TRANSFER = 0 in your VideoSettings.cfg file?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
User avatar
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:44 am
Location: Novato, CA, USA

Next

Return to NBA 2K15

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest