"Pictures are worth 1001 words" Dynasty OVER

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby cocobee on Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:40 pm

Well , it worked. :wink:
I changed the salaries and the years--then I simulated to see if it would crash and it didn't. So I was able to put some key free agents to teams that needed good players. It'll really even out the league. I'll report the "signings" during my draft update. Thanks fellas for the advice and the help.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby PRoPuLsiOnDJ on Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:44 pm

no prob buddy ... this will make ur dynasty even more interesting.
PRoPuLsiOnDJ

Postby 'Melo on Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:43 pm

Hey Cocobee, Good Job!! :D Bad Luck on losing playoffs... BTW i wonder what u r going to do?
'Melo

Postby point-guard on Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:07 am

cocobee..i wonder..how do u get screens of the other nlsc ballers?i thought u cant change team in dynasty??btw..carmelo..u have a nice looking face patch..in ur sig..is that u?but what are those popcorns doing on ur practice gear?
point-guard

Postby cklitsie on Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:02 am

@ number14: cocobee takes screens of the other ballers when he plays against them :roll: and the 'popcorns' are stars i think, from the flag of the Philippines :roll:
cklitsie

Postby cocobee on Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:15 am

cklitsie wrote:@ number14: cocobee takes screens of the other ballers when he plays against them :roll: and the 'popcorns' are stars i think, from the flag of the Philippines :roll:

True and Yes, they are stars. Thanks cklitsie :lol:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby cocobee on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:11 am

Summer 2009:

Monday., June 22
Blockbuster: Minnesota trade Levi Wright (70ovrl), Sean May (70ovrl),and Wally Szczerbiak(59ovrl) to New Orleans for the 2nd pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, Oliver Abraham (61ovrl), Michael Ruffin (48ovrl).

2009 NBA DRAFT
June 25 2009
Madison Square Garden Theatre
7:30 PM

Thursday., June 25 NBA Draft

With the number 1 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Memphis Grizzlies select Jeffery Jordan from Duke University.

David Aldridge of ESPN on Jeffery Jordan:
This is the man Jerry West wanted and he got him. He played the cat and mouse game with the media all week, but insiders knew that West Loved this kid from the moment he saw him play. Jordan has tremendous upside. Very athletic and can do everything you need him to do on the court but better. A freak of nature when it comes to finishing around the rim. A surprise he went to Duke, but after his freshman season—it was obvious he was leaving. A great pick up for the Grizzlies.

With the number 2 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Minnesota Timberwolves select Glendale Parker from Green Run High School.

David Aldridge of ESPN on Glendale Parker:Any other draft this kid would’ve been picked 1rst. A raw talent with tremendous upside. He is already one of the strongest men in the NBA. He has soft hands and will break arms if they get in the way between the ball and the basket. The world has known of Parker since his Jr. High school days in Virginia Beach. There was no doubt he would enter the draft. Will be in great company with Cocobee. The Timberwolves gave up a lot to get this kid , but it may pay big in the long run. The question is, will this kid live up to the hype? The Timberwolves took a chance but knowing Toroc, he takes good chances.

:arrow: With the number 3 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the New York Knicks select Dorrell Wright from California.

With the number 4 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Lakers select Donny Ward from The NLSC.

David Aldridge of ESPN on Donny Ward:
Philly wanted this kid bad, but the Lakers could not let him slip past there grip. The Lakers are rebuilding but with the promise of last year Rookie Sensation , Honor Glow-the Lakers seem to be on the right track. Ward and Glow will make a nice duo this year. Look for the Lakers to be a player in the free agent market as well. These Lakers might surprise people. Ward is solid everywhere. Think John Stockton with extra seasoning

:arrow: With the number 5 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Houston Rockets select Kris Humphries from Minnesota.

With the number 6 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Miami Heat selects Bolbronx from The NLSC.

David Aldridge of ESPN on Bolbronx:
Wow, this kid will be Miami’s starting PG. A point guard with a shooting guard edge. Look for Bolbronx to be an instant hit with the fans and make some highlights on Sports Center along the way. A solid all around player can play both positions with ease. He will get a lot of playing time. A lot of hype building around Jordan and Parker, look for this kid to sneak in everybody’s radar by mid February. He won’t be the Heat’s savior, but will make them a better team instantly.

:arrow: With the number 7 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Philadelphia 76ers selects Lionel Chalmers from Xavier

:arrow: With the number 8 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Utah Jazz selects N. Martin from the University of Michigan.

:arrow: With the number 9 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Portland Trailblazers selects O.Remington from the University of California.

:arrow: With the number 10 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Los Angeles Clippers select Kirk Snyder from the University of Nevada.

:arrow: With the number 11 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Indiana Pacers select J.Ellis.

:arrow: With the number 12 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Cleveland Cavaliers select K.Rand.

:arrow: With the number 13 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Milwaukee Bucks select Luke Jackson from the University of Oregon.

Thursday., July 16
Blockbuster: Minnesota trades Jaryl Campos (87ovrl), Cy Phillips (70ovrl), and Sebastian Telfair (67ovrl) to Orlando for Cyriel Klitsie (76ovrl), Dwight Howard (81ovrl) and Steve Nash (51ovrl)

Friday., July 17
Detroit sign free agent Yohance Bailey (74ovrl).

Phoniex sign free agent Rashad McCants (80ovrl)

New Jersey sign free agent Stephon Marbury (78ovrl)

Tuesday., July 21
Los Angeles Lakers sign free agent Lamar Odom (74ovrl)

New Orleans sign free agent Dwyane Wade (68ovrl)

Thursday., July 23
Golden State sign free agent Alton Elwell (78ovrl)

Toronto sign free agent Amare Stoudemire (67ovrl)

Indiana sign free agents Mike Tano (68ovrl) and Emeka Okafor (69ovrl)

Washington sign free agent Ricky Davis (63ovrl)

Sacramento sign free agent Andre Miller (64ovrl)

Friday., July 24
Dallas sign free agent Zaur Pachulia (74ovrl)

Miami sign free agent Kendrick Perkins (68ovrl)

Monday., August 3
New York sign free agent Jason Williams (61ovrl)

Golden State sign free agent Jerome Moiso (70ovrl)

2009-2010

Toroc: "We have to come in this year, knowing we are the team to beat. Anything less than a Championship will be failure. I have made the moves that will make our team deeper than last year. Cyriel and Dwight will give us much added team chemistry. Parker is very impressive. It's going to be an exciting season."

2009-2010 Roster

C- Glendale Parker (73ovrl)
PF-Dwight Howard (81ovrl)
SF-Josh Smith (76ovrl)
SG-Cocobee (90ovrl)
PG-Cyriel Klitsie (76ovrl)
SF-Darius Miles (60ovrl)
SG-Jason Kapono (64ovrl)
PG-Steve Nash (51ovrl)
PF-Pat Garrity (57ovrl)
C-Akinlabi Reyes(58ovrl)
SF-Quintis Overton (58ovrl)
SF-Abraham Andrews (61ovrl)

Enjoy, :wink: Toroc made some great moves. I made the trades as fair as possible making sure both teams benefited from it. As far as trading Campos, we had to go with what was better for the team.He was a scoring PG but didn't get enough shots. He agreed to the deal before we dealt him. Both parties seem very pleased. Thanks again for the fellas that helped me with the free agent bug, it's going to make this season that much harder.
Last edited by cocobee on Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Alcoholic on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:19 am

OMG you read my mind! I get drafted to the team I grew up wanting to play for!!!!!!11
Alcoholic

Postby Jackal on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:23 am

Woooooooowee, I love it. I'm just loving it.

I was already bandwagonning for the Wolves when Coco went to Atlanta, I dropped Atlanta like a bad habit, now with Coco, CK, Howard + Parker (the future Shaq imho) I'm just loving it.

Keep us updated on Campos & Jordan Jr. cocobee. This is going to be an interesting year.

Yee-haw.
Jackal

Postby Alcoholic on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:25 am

Oh bah me and Honor Glow are going to destroy Min. :wink:

BTW what is the Lakers roster right now?
Alcoholic

Postby cocobee on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:38 am

Alcoholic wrote:Oh bah me and Honor Glow are going to destroy Min. :wink:

BTW what is the Lakers roster right now?

The Lakers:
C-Zydrunas Ilgauskas
PF-Lamar Odom (Free Agency)
SF-Honor Glow (2008 Rookie of the Year)
SG-Joe Forte
PG-Donny Ward (2009 Draft)

Key Bench Players:
U.Haslem
S.Battier

That's all I really know of the top of my head. Lakers did well in the off season.

Plus, I'm happy to report that Mark Moore (match66) finally got the starting position from Jason Kidd, after sitting 3 long years waiting. Good Luck Mark. :wink:

Keep us updated on Campos & Jordan Jr. cocobee. This is going to be an interesting year.

You bet, his starting ovrl is 74. That Memphis team is a beast.

C-Jin (74ovrl)
PF-Millete (93 ovrl)
SF- Posey (63ovrl)
SG- JJ (74 ovrl)
PG-Becks (72orvl)
cocobee
America's Team

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:39 am

aww i thought twolves were going after me :( :lol: hmm maybe cocobee can make the twolves team half NLSC and half regular players :D
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Alcoholic on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:44 am

Wow we got a great team! We got me, Honor Glow, the goods, Z, Joe Forte (who the hex is that lol) and Shane Battier!!!!1111111 WE WILL WIN!

WEEEE ARREEE THE CHAMMMMPIOOOOOOOONSSSS
Alcoholic

Postby cocobee on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:55 am

NLSC Draft Status: Update

2005-Bailey & Cklitsie
2006-Moore & Becks
2007-Genocide & *Kagara
2008-Honor Glow & sbhzmafia
2009-Bolbronx & Alcoholic

2010- Chetto & Pikss
2011-Jowe & Gerbault
2012-INFRAR3D/James & Slam Harder
2013-Number 14 & Martin
2014-KevC & Idiot
2015-EXPLOSIVO! & Carmelo

* I hope everyone that has been drafted has enjoyed there place in my dynasty. :wink:

NLSC ROLL CALL:

Image :crazy:
Last edited by cocobee on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cocobee
America's Team

Postby Alcoholic on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:56 am

I'm enjoying mine already. GO LAKERS!
Alcoholic

Postby Jackal on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:07 pm

cocobee wrote:2014-KevC & Idiot

Two asian prospects in one year? Europeans getting some serious competition here. :P

I'm expecting Chetto to tear it up in the league next year. He's all italian, so he'll probably have Cocobee assassinated if Cocobee drops like 55 on him or something. :lol:
Jackal

Postby Alcoholic on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:16 pm

Jackal wrote:
cocobee wrote:2014-KevC & Idiot

Two asian prospects in one year? Europeans getting some serious competition here. :P

I'm expecting Chetto to tear it up in the league next year. He's all italian, so he'll probably have Cocobee assassinated if Cocobee drops like 55 on him or something. :lol:

:lol:
Alcoholic

Postby idiot on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:27 pm

Jackal wrote:Two asian prospects in one year? Europeans getting some serious competition here. :P

hehehe damn right :D

cocobee... this dynasty is getting more and more amazing by the minute....
:P hehehe, just wondering how did you manage to do preseason trades with the draft picks?? :shock: are you doing some dbf editing there? :P
idiot

Postby cocobee on Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:52 pm

I PM'ed you. But it's just a little thinking outside the box. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby 'Melo on Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:43 pm

Good Work :D Nice trades!! You drafted the future Shaq (Y) I can't wait to be drafted. BTW i'll send u my jersey tommorrow :wink:

-Carmelo
'Melo

Postby TheNewbs on Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:58 pm

i dont have a cyber face and i dont know how to make one. so do u think i cna be in your dynasty even if i dont have a face. but i can give u the stats and everything?? thx
TheNewbs

Postby cklitsie on Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:59 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
CAN YOU DIG IT ???? CAN YOU DIG IT ????
nice moves there buddy, this is my chance to become the first dutchman to win a NBA championship, thank you so much for this move, this is not what i expected as 'the draft day deal'.
:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D
cklitsie

Postby Bolbronx on Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:50 pm

cocobee wrote:With the number 6 pick in the 2009 NBA Draft, the Miami Heat selects Bolbronx from The NLSC.

David Aldridge of ESPN on Bolbronx:
Wow, this kid will be Miami’s starting PG. A point guard with a shooting guard edge. Look for Bolbronx to be an instant hit with the fans and make some highlights on Sports Center along the way. A solid all around player can play both positions with ease. He will get a lot of playing time. A lot of hype building around Jordan and Parker, look for this kid to sneak in everybody’s radar by mid February. He won’t be the Heat’s savior, but will make them a better team instantly.

I couldnt have said it better myself. Bet ill sneak passed everyone...

BTW, just tried to explain this whole deal to my girlfriend, any idea how hard that is?
SIGH!
Bolbronx

Postby cklitsie on Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:56 pm

Bolbronx wrote:BTW, just tried to explain this whole deal to my girlfriend, any idea how hard that is?
SIGH!

haha, is she thinking that you can get many other girls since youre in the nba now?Image
cklitsie

Postby Arcane on Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:05 pm

cklitsie wrote:
Bolbronx wrote:BTW, just tried to explain this whole deal to my girlfriend, any idea how hard that is?
SIGH!

haha, is she thinking that you can get many other girls since youre in the nba now?Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame