SHOULD THE LAKERS BE WORRIED ABOUT LOSING THEIR TITLE?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

SHOULD THE LAKERS BE WORRIED ABOUT LOSING THEIR TITLE?

Postby MAKAVELI THE DON on Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:04 am

As most people know, earlier this year during the preseason or just before; Shaq made a statement about the Sacramento Kings saying I quote "We're not concerned about the Sacramento Queens! They are no concern to us."

I am a Laker's Fan, but if I were Shaq, I would be concerned about the "Sacramento Queens" especially after last year's Western Conference Finals which the Lakers should not have won. I will never forget game four of last years West-Finals against the Kings because in that brief moments just before Horry came up with the GW shot; myself as well as any other Laker's fan all over the world was peeing our pants, upset and furious because we knew that it was over and the Kings were going to eliminate us? Until Divac tipped the ball out of the lane and the ball ended up in Robert Horry's hands and.... We all know the rest.

To be honest I've been backing the Lakers since 1995 and I'm a person who likes to back upcoming teams, so right now my favorite team is the Dallas Mavericks. But of coarse I till like Kobe. LOL! It would not surprise me if the Lakers get beaten this year because Sacramento's team is more deeper than ever. I hear Hedo Turgulu has but on 2 inches and is now 6-10 in height. anyone who reads this, do you think the Lakers should be worried about losing their title this year?

Before I go, remember that I'm a Laker fan and I want you to bear this in mind and never forget it. Incase you haven't notice, the last 3 years the Lakers won the title, have you noticed the team that is most competitive against them had their players injured?

2000 first round verses the defending NBA Champion Spurs: No Tim Duncan. (Remember or have people forgotten)

NBA Finals 2001 against the 76ers: other than game 5 they scrapped past the sixers because the key players for Phili were injured. (Remember that too)

Last year's western conference finals agianst the Kings: a injured Peja. Do you think that Peja would have went 0 for 6 from 3 point land and air balled that 3 point shot with under 10 seconds to go. No way, No how!

Keep that in mind people and don't forget I am a Laker fan, I'm not player haiting them; I'm just making a statement that will remind people of these little things and as to why the Lakers could be in trouble this year.

Peace!
MAKAVELI THE DON

Postby Dan's Brain on Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:22 am

It's really impossible to judge the Lakers on their form to date this season, simply because they don't have the Big Aristotle plugging up the middle.
With that said, I have to add that this could very well be the Kings' year.

I dont know why I'm bothering to post this at all, I'm contradicting myself left, right and centre. Goddamn exams. Good for nothing.

But back to my point, the Kings have been impressive thus far, especially when u consider the notable absences that they've had from the first few games (Bibby, Webber, Christie for the first few games). It's the second-tier players that have really stepped up. Bobby Jackson, in particular, has been great. Also, Gerald Wallace is making great improvements and could very well play a huge part in whatever successes they have this season.
Anyway, I'm going to bed before I embarrass myself even further.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Divan Santana on Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:52 am

The Lakers play completely different and will(hopefully) get a huge amount of confidence when Shaq returns and hopefully wipp some team and get back on to track. They have to get used to playing together, back to their old form and hopefully better.

:D
Divan Santana

Postby Jowe on Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:30 am

Its wayy too early to judge the form of the lakers, at the moment the lakers aren't fielding their A-team, they are lacking the 1-2 punch that happens when Shaq is playing. On the other hand, the lakers could finish last, and grab Lebron James in the draft next year........... :lol:
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
i'd suck allen iverson's cock any day -
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
just so i could say i've met allen iverson
Jowe

Postby MC Hao on Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:08 am

the lakers probably will get better later on, but i just love seeing the lakers getting their asses kicked. i enjoyed every minute of it. :lol:
MC Hao

Postby Clinton on Thu Nov 14, 2002 9:26 am

Yeah well enjoy it why you can. Once Shaq's back everyone will see the old Lakers. The most dominating player in the world is sitting on the bench in street clothes!!! What do you expect? This team is built around Shaq and without him the Lakers are very weak. They still have Kobe which is a big help, but their frontcourt is very weak without Shaq. Teams take advantage of this and have been abusing the Lakers inside, scoring easily and getting every board. Do you think that will happen with Shaq around? Once he's back teams will be again scared to take it inside and rely on their jumpshooting all night.
Clinton

Return to NBA & Basketball