NELLIEBALL! | Finished.

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: NELLIEBALL! | Epilogue

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:29 am

Thanks Sit. By my count, I retired it three times. This time its for good though. Feels good having completed it. Next dynasty will finish the trilogy. NBA rosters will be the current real-life ones, but the story loosely builds off the first two.

Shoutout post coming soon.
Lamrock

Postby john26 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:36 am

That's real funny. I wonder where you get these ideas from.
john26

Re: NELLIEBALL! | 2010 Offseason Review

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:49 pm

Lamrock wrote:"Sounds good.," Liam said hanging up. He then dodged a bullet shot by now police officer Thierry Tirieux.

:lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby megarover on Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:12 pm

What exactly did he say, Barry?"
Barry sighed, then made air quotes "Fuck that... er, shit"

Damn talk about a rejection. Way to cap off a brilliant story :D
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Martti. on Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Nice ending. Darko with his shit fucking is always fun. :)

Anyway, can't wait for your Raptors without Bosh.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby |)e8* on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 pm

LOL Thierry the cop
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Tyler on Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Can't wait for your Raptors one! (Y)
Tyler

Postby Justine. on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Love the ending :D Looking forward with your Raptors. The sig is fucking sick :bowdown:
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Clutch on Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:41 am

awesome wrap :applaud:

the situation in CHA is early Larry Brown/Allen Iverson all over again lol

when all is said and done, i hope all three dynasties (Flying High, Nellieball & your future Raps) are retired under the same Hall of Fame award to complete the Lord of the Rings-esque trilogy
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks guys. Wrote the Epilogue pretty quick but hopefully it did an okay job paving the way for the follow-up. It was easier to use (then) current rosters for this while connecting the story to Flying High as it was a less involved dynasty, and some time had passed. Hopefully it isn't too awkward having the story go on, but the rosters changed to their current state. For the story's sake, I may put Monta in Charlotte though...

Its been a few months (though it feels like just yesterday) since I did my 500th reply shout-out post, so I'll make this quick.

Sit, you saved this section, made perhaps the best NBA game story of all time, and have been my most loyal follower. Major props my man.

The X, Your Bobcats dynasty, as I've said many times, made me join the forum, and is still my favorite dynasty story ever. Many thanks for the inspiration, advice, and occasionally stopping by. Hopefully you check out my Raptors.

Martti., You've been a consistent follower since my very humble 2K7 days. You also exposed me to the wonderful Darko video. Keep dominating the Live dynasty section my man.

Clutch, It's great to have you back. Loved having you as a follower, and your Warriors dynasty inspired me to finally finish this one, once and for all

Valor, My competition. We started similar dynasties around the same time, but yours was arguably more successful, garnering more views, going two seasons, and beating mine to the Hall of Fame though. My team made the second round though. :mrgreen:

Cartar, You've been an active member of the dynasty community since your "ratrac" days.

dare, You've been a good follower since you joined. Its been cool to see you develop as a dynasty maker, and a poster. Stick around.

Thierry., What can I say that hasn't already been said? You're a frustrating dynasty maker, but a loyal follower and one of the most popular characters in my story. (And yes, you will be appearing in the Raptors one)

Jae, You're a funny guy, and your Claws association was awesome. Hoping to see a follow-up. (though I wouldn't mind some 2K patches!)

hova-, Here's hoping for another dynasty from you soon. Much thanks for the Knicks and Cats dynasties (which I've taken inspiration from [ripped off elements from])., and the good feedback

Guys like shadowgrin, De8, mp3, Mark, and all the others who have posted here, many thanks for following.

And so that will do it. :chug: Cheers for my most successful association to date. Through the thick and thin, y'all have stuck with it, and I truly appreciate. Here's hoping my Raptors can reach this same level. And if anybody was wondering what star point guard Steve Nash is doing this offseason, look no further:

phpBB [video]

__---Retired---__
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am

Lamrock wrote:Thierry., What can I say that hasn't already been said? You're a frustrating dynasty maker, but a loyal follower and one of the most popular characters in my story. (And yes, you will be appearing in the Raptors one)

I suppose I'll have a different occupation in every Raptors chapter. :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Blazing Saddles (1974), Signs (2002), The Other (1972) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: NELLIEBALL! | Finished.

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:46 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing a team picture of your Warriors roster (when you were still the GM) done in Paint.

Like this:

Expecting your new Raptors one, especially Hedo "Party Animal" Turkoglu. (Y)
Turkoglu's excuse during that controversy was that Bargnani invited him to go out that night. Another subplot available for you.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Valor on Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:09 pm

Nice way to end it, with yet another hilarious chapter. In my opinion, this is going straight to the HOF for sure, despite it being as Sit said, on and off. (Y)

Thanks for the shoutout man, I actually think yours is as successful if not more than my ones. Definitely far more interesting in terms of the plot and all the twists; and oh yes, I've GOT to get rid of the status as being a TMac of the associations don't I :lol:

Looking forward to your Raptors one, can't wait to see what moves you make (or rather, the interesting story you'll write) now that Bosh has decided to jump ship to Miami (contary to his statements of wanting to be the man) :shake:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:32 pm

Thanks for the shoutout. This was very fun to follow, especially with very interesting plot twists. Can't wait to see what you'll do with the Raptors.

And Valor, he also said 'Someone says to me we want a championship, you're gonna take us there'. Wade probably said that to Bosh. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby The X on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:05 pm

Congrats on getting this stop, start, stop, start, NBA 2k9 turn NBA 2k10 Association to its end. I'm glad you came back to it.

Will definitely check out Raptors one from start. I always find the Toronto dynasties interesting because of they've always had a unique roster makeup.
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby J@3 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:05 pm

Well done (Y) pretty impressive that you finally managed to finish this one off, I thought you may have contracted Thierryitis at some point but you have survived thank God. I will induct this once your Raptors one starts up.
J@3

Postby Murat on Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:57 am

Well done... A place for 2K Hall of Fame?
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:10 am

Thanks for the HOF nod guys. I'll probably start my Raptors in a few days when the free agency hoopla calms down, and most of the big names are in their places.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:55 am

This should go to Hall of Fame. :)

Just my 2 cents. Can't wait for Toronto Lamrock!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby rise on Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Enjoyed Nellieball- good luck w/ the new one!
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Lamrock on Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks guys. I'm flattered. Would be a flat out honor to make the HOF. Hopefully I don't let you guys down with my hypesauce Raptors story.
Lamrock

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:42 am

For the diehards:

NELLIEWALL!
Lamrock

Previous

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame