DREAM TO REALITY - 2014 NBA Draft... 1st pick is...

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

DREAM TO REALITY - 2014 NBA Draft... 1st pick is...

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:23 pm

DREAM TO REALITY

Chapter Index

Foreword
Chapter 1

FOREWORD

New York is such a great city and I came back knowing that the hopes of the people of NYC could be inspired by the on-court success of their basketball team - the New York Knickerbockers.

Nothing much had happened since those two championship titles in 1970 and 1973. The Knicks had years and years of Patrick Ewing trying to will the team to a title. It's a shame that he was playing in an era that just so happened to include MJ and the Bulls as well as Dream and the Rockets. That said, the Knicks just weren't good enough to get over the hump and salt was rubbed in Ewing's wounds when the Knicks contested the 1999 NBA Finals without their warrior leader.

Next came the Isiah Thomas era, which was a large chunk of Knicks history everyone wants to forget.

It's particularly forgetful especially if you have Stephon Marbury as your starting point guard/face of the franchise. How can a city be inspired by the likes of Starbury and the next great big men of the NBA: Jerome James and Eddy Curry. Later, Thomas was gone and the team hired Mike D'Antoni as their head coach. Amare Stoudemire signed with the team instead of Lebron James and Chris Bosh. Amare was a hit for a while but has since been missing in action. His suspected killer is Carmelo Anthony. Somewhere in between Isiah's rain and the arrival of Melo was Nate Robinson becoming a rich man thanks to playing for a shit team. That midget put up big numbers on a bad team. God bless him.

2014 was when I came to bring a change to the Knicks' culture. I came here thinking that I could help in making this franchise become relevant again. All of the 'big teams' have had their success. The Bulls, Lakers, Celtics, Heat had all performed since the 1980s and won championships. The only thing missing form there was our team.

I was asked to write and record my experiences throughout the years by my publicist. I was told it would be fitting to write another book that could be added to the collection of memoirs of famous basketball personnel. I suppose that, for myself, writing also acted as a release in tough times. This is what has kept me sane.

Now after all of these years of highs and lows, I have now been asked to make available my experiences. Looking back, I smile when I think about the uncertainty that we faced as a staff coming back to New York. I came to New York with a dream to help bring a championship to New York but most importantly to make a difference. I love the feeling of walking down the street and everyday New Yorkers thanking our team for bringing them some extra buzz in their lives.

And this story is how we made this dream into a reality.
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- 2K14 Story

Postby Lamrock on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:17 pm

A new sit story! #anewsitstory #sit #knicks #alegendisreborn #nlsc #hashtag
Lamrock

Postby mpac on Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:51 pm

cant wait! looking forward to this!
mpac

Postby Martti. on Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:41 pm

#noway #finally
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:21 pm

Thanks guys. The first update is coming.
Fresh8

Postby dare on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:23 pm

just login to hype this.. (Y)
I'm actually planning to make one too
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Valor on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:07 pm

phpBB [video]

Only too appropriate (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:46 pm

KNICKS HIRE JACKSON AS LOSING STREAK HITS 12
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Bernie Younger | ESPNNewYork.com | Updated: 13 April 2014

NEW YORK -- As the 2013-14 season draws to a close, the New York Knicks have hired Phil Jackson who won 11 NBA titles coaching the Chicago Bulls in the 1990s and Los Angeles Lakers in the 2000s.

The positive news comes after the Knicks slumped to their 12th loss in a row and as their record dropped to 31-50 with one game left in the season against the Toronto Raptors at Madison Square Garden. The Knicks announced that Phil Jackson will be presented to the fans on the night at half time.

Phil Jackson released a statement that included "It is a great honor to return to the Knicks organisation as President of the team. It is time to build a winning culture again."

"I think that Phil Jackson can help us win again," said Tyson Chandler. The 7 footer has only played 22 games due to injuries this season.

All-Star Carmelo Anthony, who comes off-contract at the end of the season, could not be reached for comment.
Last edited by Fresh8 on Mon May 19, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Fresh8

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY --

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:02 pm

ANTHONY SCORES CAREER HIGH 62 IN SEASON FINALE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated: 15 April 2014

NEW YORK -- Carmelo Anthony gave Knicks fans a gift in what could be the final game of his as a player for New York.

"62 points at Madison Square Garden," Carmelo Anthony addressed the press afterwards, "is an honor."

Anthony scored a career high and a Knicks record 62 points against the Toronto Raptors in a 103-98 Knicks win to close the 2013-14 NBA regular season. Anthony also had 12 rebounds, 6 assists, 4 blocks and 2 steals. New York snapped their 12 game losing streak to end the season, finishing with a 32-50 record.

No one would have known that Anthony would have such a night. It was a virtuoso performance from the embattled star especially after starting the game cold, going 2 for 7 in the first quarter to score 4 points after one period of play. He didn't even hit his first three point shot until the third quarter as he was 0 for 4 to start the game from behind the arc. Anthony caught fire in the second quarter with 22 points before scoring 24 more in the third quarter. He had 12 points in the fourth quarter with his last two points coming on a pull-up jumper from mid-range late in the game.

The Madison Square Garden was very vocal as Anthony had the scoring outburst in the second and third quarters. He seemed to force the issue in the first half with many parrying drives to the hoop, which resulted in his stepping up to the free throw line on plenty of occasions. However, his assertiveness got him going and the crowd got to see his full arsenal of shots including pulling up from mid range, spotting up for the three, some nice step backs in the lane, and also a baby hook shot against a double team.

The Knicks were also at their most lethal as the Raptors focused their defensive efforts on Anthony in the final period with the All-Star setting up his teammates Raymond Felton and Andrea Bargnani for open triples and Tyson Chandler for some easy buckets in the paint.

Anthony exited the match to a standing ovation with less than a minute remaining in the game. The crowd was even louder than it was at half time when new team President Phil Jackson was introduced to them.

Anthony was silent on whether he would re-sign with New York in the summer. Jackson made it quite clear after the game what his intentions were with Anthony by stating, "Is signing Carmelo a priority this summer? Absolutely."
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun May 25, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Wondering if anyone could gift me a new banner for my story? I need a 'Story So far' like in my old ones... :)

For those who know me, you know that you will be rewarded during the course of this story.

As for NLSC draftees..... anyone who was in my Pistons story can transfer their points from that story to be involved in this one.
Fresh8

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- calling NLSCers... Melo with 62...

Postby Martti. on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:19 am

Re-sign Melo and trade everyone else, except Hardaway Jr.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Fri May 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Martti. wrote:Re-sign Melo and trade everyone else, except Hardaway Jr.

Let's see what Jax has in store for us :)
Fresh8

Postby mpac on Fri May 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Sit wrote:Wondering if anyone could gift me a new banner for my story? I need a 'Story So far' like in my old ones... :)

For those who know me, you know that you will be rewarded during the course of this story.

As for NLSC draftees..... anyone who was in my Pistons story can transfer their points from that story to be involved in this one.

Please transfer my points. :) Looking forward to this. thanks!
mpac

Postby Fresh8 on Fri May 02, 2014 10:42 pm

KNICKS FIRE WOODSON

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated: 20 April 2014

NEW YORK -- Embattled Knicks Head Coach Mike Woodson was fired following a 32-50 season.

"We thank Coach Woodson for his hard work but unfortunately our franchise will need to take a different direction," team President Phil Jackson stated.

There are already rumors about the next Head Coach that the team will be considering. Steve Kerr appears to be a front runner for the position given his relationship with Jackson. It is widely believed that Jackson wishes to bring his own philosophies from his coaching days to the Knicks organization and hiring a former player would allow him to do so.

Thunder point guard Derek Fisher is also expected to be considered by the Knicks.

Mike Woodson could not be contacted for comment.
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun May 25, 2014 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- calling NLSCers... Bye Mike...

Postby Fresh8 on Sun May 11, 2014 12:40 pm

SOURCES: STEVE KERR TIPPED TO BE NEXT KNICKS COACH

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated: 21 April 2014

NEW YORK -- Steve Kerr has been approached by Knicks President Phil Jackson about the vacant Head Coach position with the New York Knicks. Sources with knowledge of the situation have noted that Jackson is considering hiring Kerr even though he does not have coaching experience because they share the same philosophy in coaching.

Jackson has indicated that the franchise wish to move in a different direction since firing Mike Woodson. Many people believe that Jackson wishes to have a coaching staff that encourages his philosophies to be incorporated with their future direction.
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Wed May 14, 2014 5:06 pm

That pic of Mike Woodson :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 19, 2014 8:26 pm

NBA ANNOUNCES AWARD WINNERS

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated:1 May 2014

NEW YORK -- The NBA has announced all of its individual award winners for the 2013-14 NBA Season.

Miami superstar Lebron James (25.7 ppg, 10 rpg, 6.3 apg) has become a five-time MVP after edging out Kevin Durant. The Heat forward is expected to receive his MVP trophy in front of his home crowd next week.

Joakim Noah (10.3 rpg, 1.9 bpg, 1.3 spg) is a well deserved winner of the Defensive Player of the Year award as the anchor of the best defensive club in the league (Chicago).

Michael Carter-Williams shone in his rookie season to win Rookie of the Year. He led all rookies in assists (8.7 ppg, 9.4 apg, 4.9 rpg, 37 mpg).

Thomas Robinson had a resurgent season in his sophomore year with the Portland Trailblazers to pick up Most Improved Player. Jarrett Jack was a surprise winner for Sixth Man of the Year. Portland's Terry Stotts was the Coach of the Year.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 19, 2014 8:58 pm

THUNDER REACH NBA FINALS FOR 2014

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated:1 June 2014

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, and the 1 seed Oklahoma City Thunder will face the winner of the Miami Heat-Chicago Bulls in the NBA Finals after disposing of 7 seed Golden State Warriors in 5 games.

A balanced attack from the Thunder ensured the team's journey towards the Larry O'Brien trophy. "We are ready to win it all," Westbrook told the press after the game. The Thunder are the favorites to win the NBA title after a seemingly easy march throughout the playoffs; going 12-2 through three rounds.

"I believe this team has what it takes to win it all," Coach Scott Brooks noted.

In defeat, Steph Curry praised the Thunder, "They are a well coached team and have all the pieces. You cannot beat OKC unless you are playing beyond your best. That's how good they are."

Western Conference

First Round

1 OKC v 8 DAL – Thunder win 4-0
4 LAC v 5 HOU – Rockets win 4-1
3 SA v 6 MIN – Wolves win 4-2
2 POR v 7 GS – Warriors win 4-3

Second Round

1 OKC v 5 HOU – Thunder win 4-1
6 MIN v 7 GS – Warriors win 4-0

Western Conference Final

1 OKC v 7 GS – OKC win 4-1
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun May 25, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Mon May 19, 2014 9:14 pm

KNICKS COULD HAVE HAD THIRD PICK IN 2014 NBA DRAFT

By Bernie Younger | ESPNNewYork.com | Updated: 20 May 2014

NEW YORK -- Phil Jackson could have had the first big challenge of his career as an executive for the New York Knicks by being spoilt with choice in the upcoming NBA Draft. The Knicks landed the third overall pick in the 2014 NBA Draft, which includes a Draft class that many are lauding as the most talented since 2003. However, the pick belongs to the Denver Nuggets as it was part of the Carmelo Anthony trade a couple of years ago.

The Orlando Magic will have the first overall pick and then the LA Lakers are the only other team to pick before Denver picks courtesy of New York.

The upcoming draft features expected franchise changer Andrew Wiggins and other potential All-Stars including Marcus Smart, Jabari Parker and Julius Randall. The Knicks could be in a position to pick any of those four players depending on who the Magic and Lakers take first.

Many pundits are expecting Wiggins to be taken first and the Lakers to select either Smart or Parker.

Anthony has yet to commit to the team long term.

NBA Lottery Order

1. Magic
2. Lakers
3. Nuggets (via Knicks)
4. Kings
5. Sixers
6. Jazz
7. Bucks
8. Raptors
9. Suns
10. Bobcats
11. Celtics
12. Grizzlies
13. Pelicans
14. Nuggets
Last edited by Fresh8 on Sun May 25, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fresh8

Re: -- NY: DREAM TO REALITY -- 2014 NBA Playoffs: West + Lottery

Postby Valor on Mon May 19, 2014 11:53 pm

I thought the Knicks didn't have a draft pick this summer :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue May 20, 2014 7:23 am

I am not complaining. I was suprised to see us pop up on the lottery :) I believe it should be Denver's pick or something...
Fresh8

Postby dare on Tue May 20, 2014 11:00 am

Yeah NYK pick should be Denver's, your team got no pick this year man. Love to see the Lakers at 2.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby The X on Thu May 22, 2014 8:48 pm

You should trade your pick to Nuggets for a future 2nd rounder. It's the honorable thing to do :P

Alternatively you could change history & say this pick was lottery protected & give it to Nuggets next year
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sun May 25, 2014 10:37 am

dare wrote:Yeah NYK pick should be Denver's, your team got no pick this year man. Love to see the Lakers at 2.

The X wrote:You should trade your pick to Nuggets for a future 2nd rounder. It's the honorable thing to do :P

Alternatively you could change history & say this pick was lottery protected & give it to Nuggets next year

(Y)

Done by popular demand.
Fresh8

Postby Fresh8 on Sun May 25, 2014 10:48 am

ROSE LEADS BULLS INTO NBA FINALS

By Woody Hannes | ESPN.com | Updated:2 June 2014

CHICAGO -- Derrick Rose has completed a triumphant return from injury as he averaged 31 points a game against the Miami Heat and led the Bulls to a 4-1 series win in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Rose was spectacular in the upset win against the two-time defending NBA champions. The Bulls will now face the Oklahoma City Thunder in the NBA Finals.

The loss may signal the end of an era for the Miami Heat with reports out of Miami that Chris Bosh might be wanting out of the franchise. Bosh was evidently fighting with his star teammates Lebron James and Dwyane Wade in the second half. James described the situation as a 'heat of the moment' disagreement but insiders have indicated that the James-Wade-Bosh partnership may have reached it's peak.

The Bulls are now 12-6 in these playoffs and will face stiff competition from the West. The Thunder are currently 12-2 in the postseason and are red-hot favorites to win the title.

One thing is for sure though and that is that Derrick Rose is glad to be back at the top of his game.

Eastern Conference

First Round

1 MIA v 8 ATL – Heat win 4-1
3 BKN v 5 DET – Pistons win 4-3
3 IND v 6 CLE – Cavs win 4-3
2 CHI v 7 WAS – Bulls win 4-2

Second Round

1 MIA v 5 DET – Heat win 4-1
2 CHI v 6 CLE – Bulls win 4-3

Eastern Conference Final

1 MIA v 2 CHI – Bulls win 4-1
Fresh8