[Offseason] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Retired

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: [13-6] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Chapter 3

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Mark. wrote:Nah just to get Taj more time, he paid enough to be a starter. That being said it is a nice rotation to have.

I guess so, but Taj really is almost playing starters minutes anyway, and I just prefer to have a bit of scoring at the start of games as well, especially with this offensively challenged roster :|
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:52 am

Yeah true, I guess it is best interest to keep Boozer round for awhile, still if you have the chance to get out of his contract easily you really should take it.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 am

Mark. wrote:Yeah true, I guess it is best interest to keep Boozer round for awhile, still if you have the chance to get out of his contract easily you really should take it.

Definitely, as I said the lack of salary flexibility caused by his huge contract is the only concern (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:25 pm

Jeremy Lin drops 47, leads Harden-less Rockets to victory
Dec 11th, 2012 3:00 PM EDT

With James Harden carried off the court on Monday, Jeremy Lin scored a
career, and NBA season high 47 points in 45 minutes played in the Rockets' 116-113
win over the San Antonio Spurs.

Lin went 19 for 30 from the field and added 9 assists but did have 6 turnovers.

Lin has had a career year so far for Houston, averaging 25.8 points and 8.5 assists
playing almost 40 minutes per game. However, unlike his magical stint with the Knicks
last season, it has not translated to wins for the Rockets, who are just 6-14.

Things could get worse for Houston as X-Rays revealed a broken toe for Harden, who
will now undergo surgery and will be out a minimum of 4-6 weeks.

Lawrence Frank Fired by Pistons
Dec 17th, 2012 1:30 PM EDT

Lawrence Frank has been fired as head coach of the Detroit Pistons.

The Pistons have a 10-17 record and had a 7 game losing streak earlier this season.

Frank was hired in the summer of 2011 and was signed to a 3 year deal.

In his 9th year as a NBA head coach, Frank has a record of 260-299 and went 35-58 in
his Detroit tenure.

Mathew Reece has been named interim head coach.

Howard, Lakers agree to extension
Dec 18th, 2012 7:00 PM EDT

Dwight Howard and the Los Angeles Lakers have agreed upon a 5 year max extension.

Howard was acquired by the Lakers back in August in a four team deal.

At first arrival in LA he was non-committed to a contract extension, citing the need to
wait till Free Agency next season to evaluate his options.

Howard has always been impressed with the Lakers’ winning tradition and intrigued
with the off-court opportunities that come with playing in Los Angeles.

Questions about Howard's role with the team, however, became an early concern for
the three-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year. Howard has since moved on from
those concerns and is confident he will be an integral part of a team that will have
a chance to compete immediately for a championship.

The Lakers (17-8) struggled out of the gate early but have gone on a 8 game winning
streak recently to tie the Utah Jazz for the top spot in the Western Conference.

Howard is averaging 17.6 points, 10.4 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks per game thus far.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [13-6] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Linsanity and Superman

Postby Mark. on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:57 am

Man Dwight must have decided he already has enough attention so doesn't need to keep leading everybody along!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:20 pm

Mark. wrote:Man Dwight must have decided he already has enough attention so doesn't need to keep leading everybody along!

Too bad the virtual world is about the only place he matures enough to decide that :facepalm2:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby hova- on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 am

Will be interesting to see how your going to save some money. Linsanity exploded. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 pm

hova- wrote:Will be interesting to see how your going to save some money. Linsanity exploded. (Y)

I got some plans up my sleeve :cool:

Stay tuned guys! Christmas game with those ugly ass jerseys are coming up soon! :lol: :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Delfino Explodes As Rockets Rally To Top Bulls in OT Thriller
Game Story | Box Score | Team Stats | Player of the Game

Delfino went off from beyond the arc, hitting 7 of his 10 attempts

Chicago, IL -- Rockets guard Carlos Delfino was wondering what he can get his teammates for Christmas.

A win was apparently what he had decided upon.

Behind a career high 34 points from Delfino, the Houston Rockets rally back from a 16 point first half deficit to defeat the Chicago Bulls, 99-97 in overtime.

Houston outscored Chicago 53-37 in the second half and Delfino hit the layup to bring the Rockets up by 4 and seal the deal in OT. The Bulls closed it to within two with 2.7 seconds remaining, but were unable to foul and stop the clock as time expired.

The Bulls came out of the gate firing, as Marco Belinelli scored all of his 14 points in the second quarter, including 4 three-pointers. However, Belinelli, like the rest of his teammates would struggle to hit anything in the second half.

The game was a tale of two halves as the Bulls dominated on the defensive side in the first, but was unable to stop the three-point barrage that Delfino and the Rockets started in the third quarter. Houston ended the game shooting an impressive 12 for 28 (43%) from three point land.

“That pretty much got us right there” said Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau, “We can’t be giving up all those threes and expect to win the game”

Carlos Boozer led Chicago with 20 points and 9 rebounds, and Joakim Noah chipped in with a double double as he notched 10 points, 13 boards and 5 assists, but Luol Deng, who’s been by far the most consistent Bull so far this season, had an uncharacteristically bad game as he went 7 for 22 from the field for 17 points.

For the Rockets, Jeremy Lin took on a more supporting role in this game with Delfino leading the charge as the league’s number 3 scoring leader settled for 19 points and 10 assists on just 11 shot attempts. He also had 5 rebounds and 2 steals as he continues his excellent season thus far.

“Carlos had the hot hand so I just made an effort to get him the ball to get us back in the ball game” said Lin, “Whatever helps the team win, even if it means me taking on a lesser role offensively”

In addition, Houston also got a big contribution from their bench, namely Daequan Cook, who dropped 16 points in 11 minutes for the Rockets.

“That was big for us” said Rockets coach Kevin McHale, “You want good production from your reserve guys and Daequan definitely took that responsibility tonight”

Chicago now has their 4 game win streak stopped short as they fell to 19-8 for the season while the Rockets extend their win streak to 3 as they move within 5 games of .500 at 11-16.

The Bulls now will face off against the Pacers in Indianapolis tomorrow night.

Notes: Chicago has yet to lose the second game of a back to back this season...The Bulls current record of 19-8 was what they were last season without Derrick Rose...Delfino's previous career high was 30...

Game Highlights
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [19-8] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Christmas Overtime!

Postby hova- on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:10 pm

Burned by Delfino. He's taking a lot of threes and when he starts hitting them, it's difficult to contain him.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:05 pm

hova- wrote:Burned by Delfino. He's taking a lot of threes and when he starts hitting them, it's difficult to contain him.

Definitely, I even opted to have Jimmy B on the floor just to guard him, but he was still splashing those long bombs even with a hand in his face so....
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Sorry guys, unfortunately I'll have to be on a mini hiatus since my controller broke and it'll be a few weeks before I can get a new one via ebay. Might as well take a little break now! I'll be back with constant updates once my new controller arrives! Cheers guys! :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [19-8] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ Mini Hiatus

Postby hova- on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:42 pm

Sad to hear, thought it was cool to have some stories rolling at the same time with Mark and Sit bein back. Hope you can get a new controller soon.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Valor on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:03 pm

hova- wrote:Sad to hear, thought it was cool to have some stories rolling at the same time with Mark and Sit bein back. Hope you can get a new controller soon.

Thanks mate, I ordered one already on ebay so the wait time is just shipping...dunno how long it'll take for them to ship it over here to NZ :| If it wasn't for the movement stick being insanely faulty I wouldn't be stopping either. This section just got back a bit more busy again so I do hope to rejoin the fold soon (Y) :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 am

Gutted about the loss man.

Re the controller. Can you not just get one in Aus/NZ?
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 pm

Tough loss man (but it's nice to see my man Delfino playing like that!). Waiting for the new controller! :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Mark. wrote:Gutted about the loss man.

Re the controller. Can you not just get one in Aus/NZ?

Well I live in Dunedin so the chances of getting a decent priced controller (not to mention finding a place that sells them) is slim. Plus I'm really only inclined on using the ones that are like the PS3 ones so better to order online :wink:

Thierry • wrote:Tough loss man (but it's nice to see my man Delfino playing like that!). Waiting for the new controller! :wink:

Yeah it was tough losing a huge lead and in overtime. Cheers mate i'll be back soon!
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Valor, Ascent as them I think :wink: Logitech Wingman Rumblepad I think or something like that. I actually need to get a new one myself soon I guess.
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:57 am

Mark. wrote:Valor, Ascent as them I think :wink: Logitech Wingman Rumblepad I think or something like that. I actually need to get a new one myself soon I guess.

Ah well, too late now lol already ordered. I prefer the PS3 look-alikes anyway, other ones are too big n confusing :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mark. on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:04 am

Valor, Haha yeah that is what I meant, the Logitech one is pretty much identical to a PS3 one. But figured it might be too late (Y)
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Martti. on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:36 am

Recently bought a new one controller, much better then my last one and it was cheaper. Didn't know it had a vibrating feature until playing Assassin's Creed. Hope you get yours soon. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:51 pm

Mark. wrote:Valor, Haha yeah that is what I meant, the Logitech one is pretty much identical to a PS3 one. But figured it might be too late (Y)

Martti. wrote:Recently bought a new one controller, much better then my last one and it was cheaper. Didn't know it had a vibrating feature until playing Assassin's Creed. Hope you get yours soon. (Y)

Well I am back in Sydney, got internet working again in new home, and got the controller with me so this is back in business! Can't guarantee regular frequent updates since uni is hectic so far but there will be updates coming so stay tuned guys! :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [19-8] ✖ Legacy Arise ✖ I'm Back!

Postby hova- on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Good to hear that. Now you have internet and a controller, the only thing missing seems free time - damn.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mark. on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Nice good to hear (Y) Looking forward to more recaps!!
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:49 am

Nice to see you back, Valor. (Y) I can also relate with you on your school situation; too much studying to do!
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood