An in-depth basketball statistical analysis tool for any basketball league, whether real or in NBA 2K12
Donors: jrlocke, Tinifu Tuitama, nbagnome, intruda
Suggestions/Bug Reports: Onisak, zizoux, AreaOfEffect, koberulz, nbagnome, Lagoa, WBT99, albidnis, Pitar
Support via Flattr
Support via Paypal
What started as a workaround to the Team Stats bug in NBA 2K12, grew up to become a full stats tracker & analyzer for any basketball league. 'NBA 2K12 Correct Team Stats' is now 'NBA Stats Tracker', it's my thesis for my Computer Engineering degree, it's my work and passion.
Its goal is to offer a cheap and easy solution to real life coaches and fans who want to keep track of their favorite teams and leagues and do all kinds of analysis on the data. When done, it should also offer scouting reports in natural language for nearly every window and table of data. It will also
feature a mobile app with syncing to the cloud, to allow you to carry the stats and scouting reports everywhere with you.
NBA Stats Tracker is a basketball analysis tool. It allows you to add teams and players to a database and gather stats either by entering the box scores of each game, or by manually editing the stats yourself.
What the tool offers is deep analysis and comparison for every team and player, as well as league-wide overviews. It also features scouting reports in natural language which can help you prepare against an opponent you're unfamiliar with, get to know their strengths and weaknesses, as well as what trends come up out of their recent performances.
All analysis features can be applied to a season's stats, or any specific timeframe starting from days up to years.
Whenever you find yourself in a window that has a table with teams, players or box-scores in it, double-click on any of them to get to the overview screen of it.
Each database can keep data from multiple seasons. You can compare yearly averages, as well as compare results against a particular opponent over the years, for example.
NBA 2K12 Features
This tool was originally made to offer a temporary workaround to the Association/ Season/My Player/Create A Legend team stats bug. Any game you entered and played would have the team stats of the teams that played in it all wrong afterwards. For example 85BPG, 92APG, 70RPG, etc. This really ruined the immersion the Association offers for those that like to play or even watch the games, instead of just simulating them from the Calendar. The Team Stats screen was wrong, the in-game overlays about the team were wrong. A mess. Even after the first console patches, 2K still hasn't fixed this issue.
Don't worry though.
If you have the patience to follow the following tutorial for each game you play, you should have your Team Stats fixed, and all the stats you need in NBA Stats Tracker for you to analyze.
Just follow these steps:
EDIT: Forgot to mention that simulated games will work just as well, if you follow the same procedure to the letter, but instead of playing the game you simulate it. It's really important to keep in mind that you need to save right before the game (Play Game's autosave is your best option, and then you can back out), and right after the game (do nothing else after simulating your team's game; no other teams should have played a game between the two imports into NST or the auto-detection fails).
1. From in-game, select Play Game (even if you're going to simulate it), and let it save your career on the jersey selection screen.
2. Alt-Tab out of the game and start REditor.
3. Open your save in REditor, export everything to CSV (File > Export to CSV).
4. Start NBA Stats Tracker.
5. Open your database, or create a new one if you haven't previously done so.
6. Click on Import from 2K12 Save, select the folder you saved the CSVs into in Step 3.
7. Save the database.
8. Alt-Tab into the game and play it or watch it, then after it's done let it save your career again. If you're simulating games, simulate just this game and then save immediately. Do not let any other games simulate since your last save.
9. Alt-Tab out of the game and start REditor.
10. Open your save in REditor, export everything to CSV (File > Export to CSV).
11. Go back to the tool, open the database you saved before the game.
12. Click on Import from 2K12 Save, select the folder you saved the CSVs into in Step 10.
13. The tool should detect the game you played and ask you which team is the home team.
14. The tool will now show you the full box score of the game so that you can verify everything's okay. Click on OK.
15. Save the database.
16. Click on Export to 2K12 Save, select the folder you saved the CSVs into in Step 3.
17. Go to REditor, open your career again, import everything from CSV (File > Import from CSV).
18. Save your career in REditor.
19. You're done! Once you go back to NBA 2K12, make sure to quit your career and reload it, or your changes could be lost.
Old Season 1 Workaround
1. From in-game, select Play Game, and let it save your career.
2. Alt-Tab out of the game and into the tool.
3. Open your database, or create a new one if you haven't previously done so.
4. Import the NBA 2K12 stats from your save right before the game.
5. Save the database.
6. Alt-Tab into the game and play it or watch it, then after it's done let it save your career again.
7. Go back to the tool, open the database you saved before the game.
8. Click on Update with Box Score, enter the Box Score and click OK.
9. Click on Export to 2K12 Save, choose the Career file in the dialog.
10. You're done!
For a full list of features, see the Readme file included with the installer.
- Player Playoff Stats aren't imported when doing an REditor import from an NBA 2K12 save. This is an REditor issue, and if the functionality is added to REditor, it will be added to NBA Stats Tracker as well.
Source Code Git Repository, Issue Tracker & Open Wiki
The tool is still in beta. I've tested it in my environment, on my Association files and it seems to work perfectly. If you encounter any problems, please report them to me.
Keep one thing in mind however...
ALWAYS KEEP BACKUPS OF YOUR SAVES!
I won't take any responsibility if this tool messes up your Saves. You've been warned. It hasn't messed up my Association, but just saying.
NBA Stats Tracker
The tool's main screen.
Advanced Player Search
Scouting Report for a team
Issues & Suggestions
Besides the forum, there's a more "organized" place to place your issues and suggestions, the NBA Stats Tracker Issue Tracker at Bitbucket. It'd really help me if you participated. Try to follow these rules:
- Check if your issue is already reported before opening a new report.
- Try to be as descriptive as possible. If opening a bug report, include the circumstances and if you can reproduce it and how. If opening a crash report, include the errorlog; the tool should tell you where to find it.
Donate and support my work
If you enjoy using my tools and want to show your appreciation, all you have to do is say a hello and a thank you in a reply here. If, however, you want to show a little more appreciation, you can always consider making a small donation towards my everyday and studies expenses. Any donation, no matter the amount, will give me even greater incentive to develop these tools and helping the community.
Click here to donate!