River Walk Chronicles ♦ ///

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [34-12] RWC ♦ George Hill + E46 @ Jazz. :::

Postby Houndy on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:44 am

Al Bif Ass Jefferson does it again
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby hova- on Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:25 pm

Wow, down by 23 already after three quarters, tough loss. I like the Parker highlights. The first bucket is just TP-style. Driving past D-Will for the nasty lay in.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Mandich on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:00 pm

Jesus Christ they owned you in the third quarter, terrible defense in that period
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Kubik on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:10 pm

Tough lose. Poor night for Ginobili but it's only one game :D
Kubik

River Walk Chronicles ♦ Spurs Beat

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 am

Splitter, Patterson get their own rookie challenge
    nba.com/spurs/beat | January 28th, 2011

SAN ANTONIO -- There is a bit of added drama to what would be an otherwise ordinary January game between the San Antonio Spurs and the Houston Rockets tomorrow night at the AT&T Center. How about a showdown between standout rookie bigmen, Tiago Splitter of the Spurs and Patrick Patterson of the Rockets? The timing of their meeting is scheduled to almost coincide with the naming of the teams for the NBA's "Rookie Challenge" game during All-Star weekend, on January 31. They have faced each other only once before in the NBA, when the Rockets beat the Spurs on November 6, also in San Antonio. Splitter, who was slowly putting better and better numbers, had 4 points and seven rebounds in 16 minutes, and Patterson scored 5 points and 10 rebounds in 20 minutes. “The sky is the limit for Tiago,” said Spurs' Manu Ginobili. “He can impact on many stats.” The Spurs organization are saying roughly the same and more about Splitter, the No. 27 pick in the 2007 Draft, who is averaging 9.0 points per game, to go with 7.6 rebounds and 1.5 blocks. Because of John Wall and Blake Griffin's much better stats, Splitter is making a case for the Sixth Man of the Year award, and could become the 2nd rookie to ever win it, after Ben Gordon won it in 2004-05 as a rookie with the Chicago Bulls.

Patterson is struggling right now, with averages of 2.2 points and 1.7 rebounds, because of the shining play of Luis Scola, Shane Battier and Chase Budinger. “No debate; it's over,” Patterson told reporters last week in regard to the rookie-of-the-year race. “There's not even a conversation as far as I'm concerned about that. No one has played at the level Wall or Griffin has, from the start to this point. It's not even close.” Rockets head coach Rick Adelman was asked about those comments the other day and said he didn't consider the matter fully decided, not at this stage of the season. “I don't think that's set in stone,” Adelman said. “Both Splitter and Patrick got to be in the mix somewhere.” While Splitter was getting off to a terrific start, Patterson was spending most of his time on the bench, not breaking into the starting lineup until a elbow injury hit Scola in December. “I had my opportunities with the starting 5 and I couldn't take advantage of them,” Patterson added. “So, I gotta give 110 percent from here until the end of the season, to prove the coach I can be useful for the squad.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Facebook | Image Twitter | Image Texting | Image Podcast | Image MySpace | Image LinkedIn
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [34-12] RWC ♦ E46 + Rookie Challenge prev. :::

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:38 am

Houndy wrote:Al Bif Ass Jefferson does it again

In the first half, Duncan did a nice job on him, getting many blocks, but then he was a monster...

hova- wrote:Wow, down by 23 already after three quarters, tough loss. I like the Parker highlights. The first bucket is just TP-style. Driving past D-Will for the nasty lay in.

Yep tough loss... and thanks man, I'm starting to play more like the real-life Parker... more going to the hoop, there's one bucket of Parker there, when I made the spin and then shot against 4 Jazz. Superb :cheeky:

mandich wrote:Jesus Christ they owned you in the third quarter, terrible defense in that period

A lot of fastbreaks by them, and I couldn't buy any shots. :(

Kubik wrote:Tough lose. Poor night for Ginobili but it's only one game :D

I already had a couple of games with Manu struggling. Hopefully he gets another triple-double soon!

Game vs. Rockets tonight...

Oh -- edited the index until this point. Thoughts?
× Watching:
× Watched:
The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990), Arsène Wenger: Invincible (2021) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

[34-13] River Walk Chronicles ♦ S01E47 vs. Houston Rockets

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Texas Thriller: Yao flirts with quadruple-double as Rockets cruise past Spurs in OT
Preview | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (HOU :: SAS)

SAN ANTONIO, January 29 -- Facing a player who already posted a triple-double this season in Manu Ginobili, Yao Ming nearly did him one better. With 16 points, 15 rebounds, seven assists and nine blocks, Yao narrowly missed a rare quadruple-double, but it was still enough to pull the Houston Rockets to a 133-122 overtime victory over the slumping San Antonio Spurs. “It seemed like he was everywhere,” said San Antonio's Tim Duncan, who was Yao's primary defender much of the night. “He made all the right plays, all the big shots, the right stops, you call it.” The Spurs dared the Chinese to beat them, and he did, taking advantage of single coverage by hitting layup after layup -- that's when he wasn't blocking Duncan or DeJuan Blair, or dishing to open teammates. For instance, he set up Aaron Brooks for a 3-pointer early in the fourth quarter that put Houston ahead 97-90. “Every night I just try to take what the defense gives me and tonight, they were forcing me to pass, so that's what I had to do,” Yao said. Ginobili shot 6-of-13 for 13 points.

Rockets coach Rick Adelman was surprised the Spurs relied on a smaller guy like Blair to try staying with Yao. He wasn't surprised that Yao exploited it, especially with Houston coming off to the AT&T Center losing 4 games in a row. “You don't expect a game like this every night and you don't expect him to have seven assists, either, but it was one of those games where he was all over the arena,” Adelman said. But, wait - there's more. Yao also guarded Duncan in the second half; Duncan had 11 points in the first half, before Yao took over, 6 after halftime for 17 points. “I wanted to defend Tim to slow him down,” Yao added. Kevin Martin scored 39 points and Brooks added 22 and 13 assists for the Rockets, and Luis Scola had 17 and 13 boards. “We really didn't want to double-team Yao that much, but when we did he found his teammates quickly, and when he was open, his freedom killed us,” said Corey Maggette, who had 16 points, six rebounds and four steals. “Either you get the ball out of his hands and leave the shooters around him open, or you let him beat you, and that's what he did.”

Blair finished with 14 points and seven rebounds, while Tiago Splitter and Tony Parker scored 15 apiece. Splitter was 5-of-7 shooting, a slight improvement over the 3-for-7 he shot against Utah (only 6 points). Parker also added 11 assists. After controlling the game for most of the first half, the Spurs came out of a back-and-forth third quarter, with them only up by 1 point -- 89-88. With the score tied at 118, and only 8.5 seconds left in regulation, Ginobili missed a 3-pointer. Already in overtime, a 8-0 run by Houston, led by 6 points by Martin and two by Shane Battier, when fans started heading for the exits. “I won't fault our effort,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “We just didn't play as good as a game that we needed to play. It happened the same back in November.” One real good play in the opening minutes of the second half -- when Battier stole the ball from Maggette, then used a behind-the-back dribble to get free from him. A pass to Yao on the fastbreak, and the return pass by the Chinese, gave Battier his way to scooping in a layup. Perhaps the Spurs should've been more aware of the double-team on Yao -- he tied his career-high of seven assists, back in 2004. Battier and Courtney Lee added 12 points each for the Rockets, who had 37 assists on 52 field goals, outrebounded the Spurs 37-33, and won the battle in the paint 64-44. The good one for San Antonio -- the bench (47-27).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Video Music :: John Acquaviva & Olivier Giacomotto • “Sofa King” [Mark Mendes Remix]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Facebook | Image Twitter | Image Texting | Image Podcast | Image MySpace | Image LinkedIn
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:52 am, edited 5 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [34-13] RWC ♦ Rookie Challenge prev. + E47. :::

Postby Justine. on Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Yao baby :bowdown:
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Wow, raped by the Rockets starters, especially in overtime! :dance: Near quadruple-double by Yao, 30+ points from K-Mart, double-doubles for Scola and AB, man that's a dream game for a Rockets fan. Too bad it'll never happen. :|
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Houndy on Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:24 pm

If Axel loves this game, you can't wait for my game vs Raptors

Choker
Houndy

Postby Valor on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Wt are the Spurs doing scoring 122 points (even in OT) and even more so...letting someone score 133 on them? :facepalm2:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Mandich on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:31 pm

Wt are the Spurs doing scoring 122 points (even in OT) and even more so...letting someone score 133 on them? :facepalm2:

NBA 2K (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Kubik on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:18 pm

Run away when Yao and Martin playing so well but it was good night for Splitter. (Y)
Kubik

River Walk Chronicles ♦ Thierry's Morning Coffee

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:06 am

Weekly Rewind N° 14 • Pacers-Nuggets thriller, Stack retires, injury report and more...
    nba.com/spurs/morningcoffee | January 30th, 2011

SAN ANTONIO -- Welcome to the latest installment of my “Morning Coffee” blog, Spurs fanatics. I have some more tidbits here in the table for us to discuss. I'm doing a weekly report with things that happened around the league, including: in my opinion, the most interesting game of the week; signings & waivings; POTW honors; Power Rankings; injury report; All-Star voting and trading rumors. Hope you join the discussion!

Collison, Pacers outlast 'Melo, Nuggets in overtime • In a game that included 22 lead changes, it was a clutch second-half effort by [color=#2F2F"F]A.J. Price[/color] that lifted the Indiana Pacers to a 108-102 overtime victory over the Denver Nuggets on January 23. Denver's Chauncey Billups missed a field goal attempt as time expired with the game tied in the fourth quarter to force overtime. In the extra 5 minutes, though, the Pacers outscored the Nuggets, 15-9, to collect the victory. Price scored just 6 points in first half action, but he would wake up in the second half to carry Indiana to the triumph with 16 points, finishing with 22 points, four rebounds and four assists. Carmelo Anthony led all scorers with 29 points, while J.R. Smith and Nené added 18 and 17 points, respectively, for the Nuggets. All five Indiana starters scored in double figures, led by a Price's 22, Danny Granger's 21 and a double-double by Roy Hibbert, 13 points and 15 boards.

Jerry Stackhouse announces retirementJerry Stackhouse is retiring from the NBA. The 16-year veteran, who spent time with Philadelphia, Detroit, Washington, Dallas, Milwaukee and Miami, made the announcement today before the Heat's clash against the Oklahoma City Thunder -- this will be his final season. Stackhouse averaged 17.3 points per game in his career. He was in the All-Star Game in 2000 and 2001. The former University of North Carolina star enjoyed a 29.8 points, 3.9 rebounds and 5.1 assists per game with the Pistons in 2000-01. “This coming months will be tough, because I'm retiring from professionally playing the game I love,” he said. “But it's also a happy day because I'm retiring on my own terms.” Stackhouse will work with the Heat as an ambassador, promoting the team in local appearances and handling some scouting.

Players of the Week • The Houston Rockets' Yao Ming and the Miami Heat's LeBron James today were named the Western and Eastern Conference Players of the Week, respectively, for games played January 23 - 29. Yao and the Rockets had a 1-3 week -- with an overtime win over the West-best San Antonio, and losses to Minnesota, the LA Clippers and Dallas. In a 133-122 win over the Spurs, Yao almost had a quadruple-double, with 16 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists and 9 blocks. Yao finished the week with averages of 20.5 points, 12.5 rebounds and 4.2 blocks. Miami's James averaged 37.5 points along with 7.5 rebounds and 4.0 assists, as the Heat posted a 1-1 week; LeBron scored 42 points, seven rebounds, three assists, three steals and three blocks in a 112-106 win against Detroit.

Power RankingsBest teams of the week? Boston (3-0), Oklahoma City (3-0), Dallas (3-0), LA Lakers (2-0), Memphis (3-1), Minnesota (3-1). The worst? Denver (0-4), Portland (0-2), Toronto (1-3), Houston (1-3), New Orleans (1-2), Phoenix (1-2). High jumps -- Dallas (+6), Memphis (+6), Oklahoma City (+5), Minnesota (+3), Boston (+2), Milwaukee (+2). Free falls -- Portland (-7), Denver (-6), Utah (-2), Houston (-2), San Antonio (-1), Orlando (-1). Check the power rankings (Top 7) here -- the Heat fell to the 2nd spot after 12 weeks.

Injury report • Sorted by injuries with most duration, here you can check the full injury report. Chicago Bulls's Ronnie Brewer was injured January 28 in Chicago's 93-85 win against the Orlando Magic. “Technically, it's a broken back, but it could be a lot worse,” said Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau. He will out for six-to-eight weeks. Phoenix Suns' Hakim Warrick was scheduled to have surgery tomorrow to repair a torn ligament in his left hand, and is expected to take at least a month to recover. Warrick was injured January 24 at Philadelphia, where the Suns lost 118-94.

All-Star Voting • The 2011 NBA All-Star Ballot was unveiled on November 18th, during a special tip-off event in Los Angeles, the Official Host City of NBA All-Star 2011, and All-Star Balloting began on November 25th at 3 p.m. ET. The 60th NBA All-Star Game, which will air live on TNT and ESPN Radio in the U.S., and reach fans in more than 200 countries and territories in more than 40 languages, will be played at STAPLES Center on Sunday, Feb. 20, 2011. NBA All-Star 2011 in Los Angeles will bring together some of the most talented and passionate players in the league’s history for a global celebration of the game. Los Angeles and the STAPLES Center will host NBA All-Star 2011, marking the fifth time The City of Angels and the second time STAPLES Center will be the site of the annual celebration. STAPLES Center last played host to NBA All-Star in 2004, and L.A. also hosted the All-Star Game in 1963, 1972, and 1983. To vote for your Spurs players you'd like to see play in the NBA All-Star Game, text the player's LAST NAME to 69622 (MYNBA). Underlined, changes to the leaders.

West Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL), 2.017.153; Chris Paul (NO), 1.808.382; Deron Williams (UTA), 1.728.279; Monta Ellis (GS), 1.396.198; Steve Nash (PHX), 1.187.927.
      West Forwards: Carmelo Anthony (DEN), 1.683.276; Kevin Durant (OKC), 1.627.573; Dirk Nowitzki (DAL), 1.361.937; Pau Gasol (LAL), 1.274.512; Tim Duncan (SA), 1.151.971.
      West Centers: Yao Ming (HOU), 1.200.267; Chris Kaman (LAC), 759.848; Andrew Bynum (LAL), 743.886; Emeka Okafor (NO), 653.632; Nené (DEN), 608.352.

East Guards: Dwyane Wade (MIA), 2.025.014; Derrick Rose (CHI), 1.416.892; Rajon Rondo (BOS), 1.270.669; Gilbert Arenas (WAS), 1.148.485; Joe Johnson (ATL), 1.077.290.
      East Forwards: LeBron James (MIA), 2.414.013; Amar'e Stoudemire (NY), 1.491.052; Josh Smith (ATL), 1.245.312; Chris Bosh (MIA), 1.150.267; Gerald Wallace (CHA), 1.140.724.
      East Centers: Dwight Howard (ORL), 1.536.905; Brook Lopez (NJ), 967.589; Andrew Bogut (MIL), 737.877; Al Horford (ATL), 662.107; Joakim Noah (CHI), 591.957.
    Pacers sign Ronald “Flip” Murray • The Indiana Pacers announced today they have signed free agent guard Ronald “Flip” Murray until the end of the season. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed. Murray, 6'3'', 200 lbs., played for the Charlotte Bobcats and Chicago Bulls last season, averaging 9.9 points, 2.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 75 games. He already played 2 games with the Pacers -- a loss to New Jersey (100-94; 9 points, six rebounds) and in a win over Chicago (110-90; 23 points).
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [34-13] RWC ♦ E47 + January's last Coffee! :::

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:07 am

Justine. wrote:Yao baby :bowdown:

You already know how I hate this guy :x

Axel. wrote:Wow, raped by the Rockets starters, especially in overtime! :dance: Near quadruple-double by Yao, 30+ points from K-Mart, double-doubles for Scola and AB, man that's a dream game for a Rockets fan. Too bad it'll never happen. :|

I knew you would be ecstatic man. Stress Fracture, Modifly as well.

Houndy wrote:If Axel loves this game, you can't wait for my game vs Raptors

Choker

Ok? :lol:

Valor wrote:Wt are the Spurs doing scoring 122 points (even in OT) and even more so...letting someone score 133 on them? :facepalm2:
mandich wrote:NBA 2K (Y)

Frustrating :(

Kubik wrote:Run away when Yao and Martin playing so well but it was good night for Splitter. (Y)

I'm really, really happy with Splitter. I think he can be the 6th Man of the Year!

Tonight -- first part of the Monthly Recap.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:46 am

Boooo @ Lakers overtaking the Heat.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:06 am

Martti. wrote:Hurray! @ Lakers overtaking the Miami Defeat!

Fixed! :D
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:26 am

Valor wrote:
Martti. wrote:Hurray! @ Lakers overtaking the Miami Defeat!

Fixed! :D

I had that coming. :facepalm2:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Pistol on Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:58 am

Your team is slacking man! Good update, but I won't be happy until you overtake those damn Lakers.
Pistol
You have to want it as bad as you need to breath.

River Walk Chronicles ♦ Monthly Report (January, Part 1.)

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:46 pm

♦ Bonjour, Spurs fans. Welcome to Part III of the our Year-in-Review -- January, featuring the Spurs, Gregg Popovich, David Robinson and starring Michael Sheen as Thierry Tirieux (a man can dream). As the season progresses, we took a look back to review our season. In Part I, we examined the opening months of the season -- October and November, that saw the Black & Silver explode to close November, winning 6 of their last 7 games. In Part II, we saw another great 30 days -- triumphs in 9 of the last 10 games of 2010. Things were really starting to pick up around Casa Tirieux. I was living life in the fast lane: kicking it every night until 7AM, paparazzis following my every move. When I was photographed being whisked into a limousine with an entourage of three Spurs Silver Dancers, I knew that the I had hit the Big Time. (again, the dream is still there).

Like many of us, the Spurs began the new year with somewhat of a hangover. I hit my first five little bottles of 2011 -- Corona Extra. I didn’t get off the couch until January 4 -- I missed the Spurs' win over OKC in New Year's Day, but I woke up just in time to see the Spurs battle the New York Knicks at MSG. The thing is, I wasn't ready to see Danilo Gallinari torch us for his career-night. The day after, the Spurs flew to Boston, Massachusetts to knock off the Celtics, in their 5th back-to-back of the season. Pop's club then won six of their next seven, as the Spurs suffered a painful, but surprising January 7 loss to Danny Granger, Darren Collison and the Pacers. Manu Ginobili called the defeat “a butt-whipping”. This run included three straight wins at home, against Dallas, Denver and Toronto.

On January 21, the Knicks and Spurs had a rematch: a last-breath 3-pointer by Kelenna Azubuike fired up New York to the victory. Another back-to-back trigged, with the Spurs traveling to New Orleans to fight the Hornets. As Manu struggled, Corey Maggette emerged as a force, netting 24 points and six boards in the win, shooting 10-of-10 from the field. George Hill didn't want to stay back, and in the following game, a triumph at Golden State, he promptly put up a 24-point, 9-assist night, shooting 9-of-10 in only 21 minutes. But then the Spurs dropped consecutive games, at Utah and an overtime thriller to Houston at the AT&T, both heartbreaking setbacks. With a 10-5 month, a little step back from December (12-3), February is a very, very important month. All-Star Weekend, trade deadline... stay tuned.

2011, January 19 – Tim Duncan vs. Toronto Raptors: Right now, they're the cream of the West. And they intend to stay like that. Tim Duncan and Corey Maggette combined for 34 points and a plus-minus of +37 in a 102-99 win over the Toronto Raptors at the AT&T Center. Duncan flirted a triple-double, falling just short with 19 points, 16 boards and matching his career-high of 9 blocks in 37 minutes. In heavyweight fashion, Duncan and Maggette's performances made a true 1-2 punch. “It’s incredible. This shows why he is one of the best power forwards in history. He goes out there and just plays hard. He can score and also had all those rebounds. He blocked a lot of shots, too, so he did a great job for us.” Maggette scored 15 points and three rebounds for the Spurs. The Spurs' leading bench scorer tonight, James Anderson, was also impressed. “It’s like having a big brother,” Anderson said. “He just makes everything easy for you with his defense, and all you have to do is just go out there and he will make you play better.” Anderson jumped off the bench to add 12 points and five rebounds in 22 minutes. At 32-10, the Spurs' .761 winning percentage is the best among the Western Conference's 15 squads. (Read More ... )

2011, January 22 - Corey Maggette @ New Orleans Hornets: Corey Maggette was perfect from the floor on a night when his team showed plenty of flaws. Maggette shot an impressive 10-for-10 from the floor and scored 24 points for a +22, helping the San Antonio Spurs beat the New Orleans Hornets 102-92, despite, once again, almost blowing a 22-point third-quarter lead. Maggette also grabbed six rebounds, making 2-of-2 treys and 2-of-2 from the foul line, for the Spurs, who have won seven of their last eight. After controlling the offense all night and frustrating New Orleans' defense, Maggette capped his night by swatting a floater by Chris Paul three rows deep into the stands. “That's the player we traded for in June,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said, with a huge smile on his face. “I hope as the season progresses, he keeps getting better, but to be honest, there's not much to improve with a statline like that.” Tony Parker had 17 points and 11 assists, while Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili had 13 points apiece. The Spurs were up by 22 early in the third, but their cushion slipped away and the Hornets had two separate 8-0 runs to cut the deficit to 5. “They really caught fire in the third,” Parker said. “But we were able to get it done. We did a good job when it mattered the most.” (Read More ... )

2011, January 24 - George Hill @ Golden State Warriors: Tiago Splitter did the damage inside and George Hill attacked from outside. Splitter scored 15 points and Hill made six 3-pointers as the San Antonio Spurs rolled to a 123-98 blowout of the Golden State Warriors. Leading the way were Splitter and Hill, whose effectiveness opened up the offense for all their teammates -- Splitter also had 11 rebounds, making 6-of-10 shots. He scored 9 points in the second quarter, when San Antonio took the lead for good, while Hill finished with a team-high 24 points, shooting 9-of-10 from the field and 6/6 3-point bombs, to go with 9 assists, in only 21 minutes. The Spurs shot 53 percent (44-of-82) from the field, including 13-of-23 from 3-point land. “We were able to get out in transition because we were able to get stops,” Spurs head Gregg Popovich said. “George's accuracy didn't surprise me. That's what he does. He was just spectacular.” Ginobili was the usual contributor, making 6-of-8 shots and 3-of-3 free throws in just 24 minutes. “I was frustrated with the way I played against New York last week,” said Hill. “I really didn't have patience with that performance. I told them this week would be different, I stepped up a little more against the Hornets, but this game was special. It's hard to believe.” (Read More ... )

2011, January 5 - Manu, Parker, Tim combine for plus-minus of +47 @ Boston Celtics: The Spurs were tying the game at 40, before Tony Parker had two consecutive turnovers and the Celtics started a 12-2 run. Just when it seemed like his mistakes might doom San Antonio, Parker hit back-to-back floaters and assisted Corey Maggette on a layup that gave the Spurs the lead for good and sent them to a 100-95 victory over the Boston Celtics. “That two turnovers killed me,” Parker (+12) said. “But you can't let that frustrate you, you can't let that get you down. That's what we did, we came up with some stops down the stretch and we got the victory.” Parker scored 15 points to go with 11 assists and Manu Ginobili added 21 as the Spurs bounced back from a loss at New York against the Knicks. With a game at Indiana against the Pacers coming up, San Antonio is looking for a new winning streak. “We struggled at times in the game, but we got it done,” Ginobili (+21) said. “We're going into the next game at Indiana with some confidence,” added Tim Duncan (+14), who contributed with 11 points, three blocks and nine rebounds. (Read More ... )

2011, January 9 - Six Spurs score over 15 points in blowout vs. Minnesota Timberwolves: With every game, Tiago Splitter becomes a little more relaxed, a little more comfortable in his NBA rookie year. And never was that gradual ascendance more evident than in 2011's Noche Latina, during a first-quarter dunk -- you can see it in the video -- when the Brazilian slammed home the most memorable basket, over Chuck Hayes -- in his Minnesota debut -- and Jonny Flynn, in San Antonio's lopsided 119-96 victory over the Timberwolves. “I was a little nervous,” Splitter said after a laugh when reminded of the dunk. “I'm not used to that. It was a great play.” But you'd never know. Splitter is finally getting used to lots of things in the NBA, at the spotlight of one of the most exciting teams in the league. He proved it again by making 5-of-6 shots, notching 15 points with nine rebounds, and leading San Antonio to its 27th win of the season, making yet another strong case for Sixth Man of the Year. (...) But the best statistic was that six Spurs scored in double figures -- five of them over 15 points, led by Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili, with 19 apiece, and Corey Maggette added 18. (Read More ... )

2011, January 12 - Lopsided affair, season-high 58 percent shooting @ Milwaukee Bucks: One night after accusing his Milwaukee Bucks of “not playing with soul”, coach Scott Skiles packed it in early. Skiles was ejected midway through the fourth quarter as a defenseless Milwaukee showed little fight and suffered their fourth loss in their last 6 games: a 121-88 beating at the hands of the San Antonio Spurs. The fans filled Bradley Center to see Brandon Jennings, who was making his comeback from a 2-month spell on the sidelines, because of a torn hamstring. Instead, they saw another lackluster effort from the Bucks as a whole, and Jennings, who struggled the entire night. The Bucks were coming off a loss in New Jersey, after which Skiles, when asked if his team had quit, said, “It looked that way. It sure looked that way to me.” It looked that way again tonight -- the Bucks were down by 30 at halftime, as they surrendered a 71-point first half. With 8:21 left in the fourth period, and Milwaukee down by 40 -- yes, 40 points -- Skiles had enough and came onto the court to argue with the referees, who didn't hesitate to eject him. (Read More ... )

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [34-13] River Walk Chronicles ♦ Monthly Recap - Jan. (1)

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:46 pm

Martti. wrote:Boooo @ Lakers overtaking the Heat.
Valor wrote:Hurray! @ Lakers overtaking the Miami Defeat!
Martti. wrote:I had that coming. :facepalm2:

I'm against it too... the Lakers are 6-0 in the last 2 weeks, and the Heat are 3-1, but LeBron is exploding.

Agent420 wrote:Your team is slacking man! Good update, but I won't be happy until you overtake those damn Lakers.

Me neither man, me neither... :twisted:

2nd part tomorrow... :)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Houndy on Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Nice recap, this month was an off month for you
Houndy

Postby Mandich on Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:46 pm

Good job running away from the rest of the pack in the west with the Lakers (Y)
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby dare on Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Yes my team is ahead from you well at least for now. The Spurs are totally different from my story might think of something for them to improve.
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Kubik on Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:29 pm

Nice month for the Spurs. You are running away from the other teams. (Y)
Kubik

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame