River Walk Chronicles ♦ ///

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [2-0] River Walk Chronicles ♦ S01E02 + Coffee + Beat

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:22 pm

Clutch wrote:Ellis/Lee for the 60pt combo = Warrryaaazz FTW woooot (Y)

way to swat the pesky Hornets too btw :P

The Warriors are 2-0 now. Looking really good in paper so far. :) It was a nice contest against the Hornets. Now, the Clippers were killing me in the first half, I was down by 13 and Maggette couldn't make a basket to save his life. I put Gee on the floor and I tied the game, then Duncan finished it.

White Chocolate wrote:Great association! Looks very impressive. (Y)

Thanks Jason. :wink:

Oskar wrote:Take either Rush or Crittention, imo.

I'm taking a few virtual days to decide. I know I'm gonna end up with Hughes :lol:

De8 wrote:Iverson in Utah? Dear god no

Raja Bell was their only SG. They needed a backup and AI had the best rating.
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Thief (1981), The Pigeon Tunnel (2023), Kindergarten Cop (1990) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby |)e8* on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:22 pm

seriously Thierry, every game doesnt need such detailed recaps
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Valor on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Thierry • wrote:Raja Bell was their only SG. They needed a backup and AI had the best rating.

I heard AI is out of the game now though :?: Not sure
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [3-0] River Walk Chronicles ♦ Coffee+Beat+S01E03 (pg.2)

Postby buzzy on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Got some catching up to do with that one, but I just wanted to point out, that if you wait like three to five seconds on the Pressbook pics, the UI actually disappears (on the 360, anyway). Makes for prettier screens, if you ask me.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Clutch on Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:54 pm

I was down by 13 and Maggette couldn't make a basket to save his life.

sounds about right :lol:

Sux about Manu but at least Gee's stepped up; Timmy beastly as usual, good win (Y)
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby hova- on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:23 pm

Good win, Griffin really has the Clipper curse ;)

If you want to spend 3 hours on each recap than you should do it! I think it has become to common that everybody is criticizing your association style. As long as you keep this one up, it's fine!!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Martti. on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Wow, it'll take you 10 hours of non-stop recapping to get through the regular season. Plus monthly stuff, which I assume you'll do as well. :D

If you can, then props. :)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby dare on Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Nice recap and win but are you really going to recap all 82?
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Mark. on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Looking great dude (Y) Love the vids. LMAO at Kaman's shooting figures, thats pretty realistic! (No sarcasim there)

I don't think you need to sign someone, IMO injuries are a chance for other players to get expanded roles.
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Kenny on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Man, I hope you're still feeling this one coz it's looking fantastic so far (y)
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

River Walk Chronicles ♦ Spurs Beat

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:27 am

Finley, Maggette happy with San Antonio's success
    nba.com/spurs/beat | November 2nd, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- Thanks to Tim Duncan's red-hot play and Corey Maggette's contributions, the San Antonio Spurs are off to their best start since 2007-08. With Duncan averaging 14.3 points and 13.0 rebounds on 48% shooting, San Antonio is 3-0 for the first time in 4 years, when it also opened with three wins. The power forward had his best performance of the season in the team's second victory -- a 91-71 win over New Orleans on October 30, with 15 points and 17 boards. A former Spur, and member of that 2007/08 squad, Michael Finley, said yesterday on ESPN that “he's very happy with the Spurs' success so far. I've had great moments with the organization and I even got a ring, and I also have a lot of friends in the team. They have assembled a great team that is playing really well, and their defense is suffocating. They are the best team in the West right now, no discussion. I already said before training camp started, that TD felt really good coming into this season. He felt good all around, his confidence was up.” Finley averaged 10.1 points, 3.1 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 82 games (61 starts) for the Spurs in 26.9 minutes that season, .414% from the field and .370% from 3-point territory. The Spurs lead the Western Conference with this undefeated start.

With Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker's help, the Spurs have the best defense on the league (allowing only 74.7 points per game) and they are 3rd on shooting (.475% percent). Maggette -- starting his first season in San Antonio -- has also averaged a team-best 16.0 points, but he knows the team's success rides on the team's Big 3 health. “Tim's riding a high wave right now and we're kind of getting on his back,” Maggette said. “He's scoring a lot of points, he's playing great basketball. He's making the right decisions when they double or they come across the lane. He's vocal out there on the court, his energy level is up, he's just really focused. You can tell he wants another ring before he's done. But for us to have a real chance when May comes, we need our complete team healthy.” Duncan and the Spurs look to continue their run by playing against the Phoenix Suns tomorrow, at the US Airways Center; Phoenix is 2-1, 5th in the West.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Facebook | Image Twitter | Image Texting | Image Podcast | Image MySpace | Image LinkedIn
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [3-0] River Walk Chronicles ♦ S01E03 *pg.2* + Beat

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:34 am

Valor wrote:3 hours a day...you have wayyy too much time, on the other hand, liking the recaps, but you seriously want to do 82 of these? might be better if you do like weekly mini ones similar to Lamrock (Y)
De8 wrote:seriously Thierry, every game doesnt need such detailed recaps
hova- wrote:Good win, Griffin really has the Clipper curse ;)

If you want to spend 3 hours on each recap than you should do it! I think it has become to common that everybody is criticizing your association style. As long as you keep this one up, it's fine!!
Martti. wrote:Wow, it'll take you 10 hours of non-stop recapping to get through the regular season. Plus monthly stuff, which I assume you'll do as well. :D

If you can, then props. :)
dare wrote:Nice recap and win but are you really going to recap all 82?
badreligionau wrote:Man, I hope you're still feeling this one coz it's looking fantastic so far (y)

IMO, don't like Lamrock mini ones... I like detailed updates... I like the Coffee and Beat updates, even more than the recaps, I'd say. Thanks a lot guys. :) My favorite team so far, I don't see this story stopping any time soon. :)

Valor wrote:I heard AI is out of the game now though :?: Not sure

He's on the FA pool in Kova's roster, if that's what you mean.

buzzy wrote:Got some catching up to do with that one, but I just wanted to point out, that if you wait like three to five seconds on the Pressbook pics, the UI actually disappears (on the 360, anyway). Makes for prettier screens, if you ask me.

Oh, will try that :D Thanks for the tip buzzy.

Clutch wrote:sounds about right :lol:

Sux about Manu but at least Gee's stepped up; Timmy beastly as usual, good win (Y)

Despite that horrible first half for Maggs against the Clips (1/11 shooting), he's leading the team in scoring... at least until Manu returns :twisted: TD's a beast, and I hope I can keep Gee around when the offseason comes. He always goes to test free agency and won't resign...

Mark. wrote:Looking great dude (Y) Love the vids. LMAO at Kaman's shooting figures, thats pretty realistic! (No sarcasim there)

I don't think you need to sign someone, IMO injuries are a chance for other players to get expanded roles.

Thanks bro. Vids are looking really good! :D Kaman was a beast, couldn't stop him. But I least I killed Baron Davis.

About the signing, you're right in part. Gee stepped up like never before :) But I only have 11 players on the active list now, I wanted to sign a 10-day deal just for covering, in case another injury happens.

Edited the full index :wink:
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:41 am

Thierry • wrote:
Valor wrote:3 hours a day...you have wayyy too much time, on the other hand, liking the recaps, but you seriously want to do 82 of these? might be better if you do like weekly mini ones similar to Lamrock (Y)
De8 wrote:seriously Thierry, every game doesnt need such detailed recaps

IMO, don't like Lamrock mini ones... I like detailed updates... I like the Coffee and Beat updates, even more than the recaps, I'd say. :)

Well, as long as you have time, is happy with it, and will continue the association; I don't see a problem in doing that since they look great (Y)

Thierry • wrote:
Valor wrote:I heard AI is out of the game now though :?: Not sure

He's on the FA pool in Kova's roster, if that's what you mean.
[/b]

I see, 'cause in the rosters that I saw earlier today after i installed the game, he simply does not exist :| NBA without The Answer sucks
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Houndy on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:32 am

I have AI :o
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

[3-1] River Walk Chronicles ♦ S01E04 @ Phoenix Suns

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Suns knock off Spurs behind perfect first half
Preview | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (SAS :: PHX)

PHOENIX, November 3 -- The same point was hammered into their heads time and time again over the course of the last few days by coach Alvin Gentry. To become the team they wanted to be, the Phoenix Suns had to develop some sort of killer instinct, shore up their defense and kill teams off early in the contest to mantain their lead in the coming periods. Wednesday night, the Suns showed they’d been listening. Phoenix outscored the scrappy San Antonio Spurs 35-27 on the first twelve minutes, turning what had been previously thought, a back-and-forth, contested affair, into a laugher as Gentry's squad prevailed 111-97. In total, ten players scored in double figures. Steve Nash (10 assists, POTG honors) and Grant Hill scored 19 and 21 points, respectively, and Hakim Warrick added 14 and 11 rebounds, but, after the game, players and coach pointed to Hedo Turkoglu effort off the bench as the key difference in the game.

“He was really playing aggressive,” said Gentry on Turkoglu. “He came in the second quarter and started playing aggressive. That’s what he’s got to do; he gives us energy off the bench. He was controlling the game and defending well, I just wanted to see him finish. We need to get him going and hopefully this will jumpstart him.” For his part, the Turk was just thankful that his coach kept the faith, despite his struggles shooting the ball during in the last few games. “I've been in a little bit of a slump lately, and I want to credit the coach for riding me through it. It's been rough, but he had confidence in me to go out there and play, so I think I made the best of it. I appreciate that and we went out there and played a good game.” The Spurs, now 3-1, were reeling the full game, showing signs of frustration along the way. “It just stinks to lose like this,” Tony Parker said. “A thumping like this, t's not what anybody in the locker room expected. It was really frustrating.” Parker paced the Spurs with a game-best 23 points and 8 assists, while Corey Maggette added 20 points, but made just 9/19 from the field.

“We slipped defensively and that's what always happens. We were close at a point, I remember a 12-2 run, only down by 5, but we didn't stand a chance when Nash got hot. We're supposed to close games out, no matter what.” The Spurs played three quarters without Antonio McDyess, who suffered a twisted ankle with 4:30 left in the first period, and is expected to miss one to two weeks of games. “We're certainly going to miss him,” Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. “His big-scoring times may be in the past, but his presence rebounding the ball, defensively and toughness -- that's hard to replace.” Once again, Tim Duncan had two quick fouls and missed the first period, then another two in the second; Duncan played the entire second half and scored 11 points. Duncan was impressed by Alonzo Gee, who had his second straight double-digit night in scoring with 14 points. “He played awesome. He was incredible all night as far as his vision, being aggressive to the rim and knocking down his shots.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Video Music :: Seelenluft • “Manila”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Image Facebook | Image Twitter | Image Texting | Image Podcast | Image MySpace | Image LinkedIn
Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [3-0] River Walk Chronicles ♦ E03 *pg.2* + Beat + S01E04

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:53 pm

Valor wrote:Well, as long as you have time, is happy with it, and will continue the association; I don't see a problem in doing that since they look great (Y)

I'm really happy right now :D Don't see an end for this any time soon. But I'm frustrated with all the injuries I'm suffering. :evil:

Valor wrote:I see, 'cause in the rosters that I saw earlier today after i installed the game, he simply does not exist :| NBA without The Answer sucks
Houndy wrote:I have AI :o

Weird. The NBA without Allen is not the NBA.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [3-0] River Walk Chronicles ♦ E03 *pg.2* + Beat + S01E04

Postby Houndy on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:56 pm

They beasted you, like fat kids running over skinny men
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Re: [3-1] River Walk Chronicles ♦ E03 *pg.2* + Beat + S01E04

Postby Clutch on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:08 pm

how in the hell did you get schooled... by PHOENIX? (N) :lol:
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Axel The Great on Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:16 pm

Another player down? Antonio. Can't have San Antonio without Antonio McDyess. :lol: You're starting to look like the TrailBlazers. (N)

Tough loss, it seems like the aging Spurs didn't stand a single chance.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby john26 on Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Nice video man its pretty good that you were able to capture the best moments in the game (getting out of team bus, injury, highlights, etc). did you capture the whole game?
john26

River Walk Chronicles ♦ Spurs Beat

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:28 am

McDyess left game with serious injury
    nba.com/spurs/beat | November 4th, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- Antonio McDyess sustained a “significant” twisted ankle that forced him to leave the San Antonio Spurs game Wednesday night at Phoenix. McDyess will miss this Saturday game against the Houston Rockets and is scheduled to have an MRI tomorrow. “I don't know how long Antonio will be out,” coach Gregg Popovich said after the Spurs' 111-97 loss against the Suns. Popovich could not say how McDyess was hurt, but it appeared to be when Phoenix's Robin Lopez blocked his shot with just over 4 minutes left in the first quarter, and McDyess landed awkwardly with all his weight on his ankle. The Spurs called a timeout soon after to take McDyess out of the game, and 2K's Doris Burke later issued an injury report saying he had a “significant twisted ankle” and would not return to the game.

McDyess had two points and two rebounds before leaving. McDyess was not available for a press conference today. “We need him out there,” Spurs forward DeJuan Blair said. “We play faster without him in the lineup, but you can't play fast all the time. You need to establish the half-court offense. That's what he does for us.” His absence is even tougher to overcome because the Spurs already have injuries to guards Manu Ginobili and James Anderson.

Larry Hughes on board
    nba.com/spurs/beat | November 4th, 2010

SAN ANTONIO -- Larry Hughes' signing with the San Antonio Spurs became official today, and the team called a press conference to announce it. Hughes spoke about his new deal and why he chose the Spurs to continue his NBA career. “I just really thought it was a great opportunity. I just felt overall that San Antonio would be the best fit for me with the style they play and the way coach Popovich really turned the face of the franchise around. I wanted to play with Tim Duncan and get the chance to play with Tony (Parker) and Manu (Ginobili). Just the players there, also. There was a lot of different things that went into it. But I just really felt that Orlando would be a good fit.”

Hughes' agent, who also represents Alonzo Gee, said Gee helped recruit Hughes. The explanation? “It was pretty crazy. Alonzo texted me last week, “Hey, you’re at the top of the FA list. What’s going on?” I started laughing and responded, “I’m very interested in coming out there.” Six hours later, my agent called me and said, “The Spurs want to offer you a deal. They don’t have much money, but it’s a good situation, and the potential is the sky. They want more rings.” It’d give me the chance to play in the playoffs and go for a ring, and playing with this Big 3 is a great opportunity I couldn't turn off.”

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [3-1] River Walk Chronicles ♦ E03 *pg.2* + E04 + Beat

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:31 am

Houndy wrote:They beasted you, like fat kids running over skinny men
Clutch wrote:how in the hell did you get schooled... by PHOENIX? (N) :lol:
Axel. wrote:Another player down? Antonio. Can't have San Antonio without Antonio McDyess. :lol: You're starting to look like the TrailBlazers. (N)

Tough loss, it seems like the aging Spurs didn't stand a single chance.

Already 3 injuries. No doubt, the 2010/11 Trail Blazers. :lol: Nash and the Turk were unstoppable. Hope Hughes gives me some more scoring.

john26 wrote:Nice video man its pretty good that you were able to capture the best moments in the game (getting out of team bus, injury, highlights, etc). did you capture the whole game?

Thanks man. And no, I don't capture the whole game... only the presentation, the between quarters, the halftime report, the Player of the Game and then a couple of signature highlights, and the injuries if any.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:41 am

No stopping Hakim the Dream!

Hughes can be useful with all the injuries you've had.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby john26 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:08 am

nice that you got a veteran like hughes could probably come in and contribute right away
john26

[3-2] River Walk Chronicles ♦ S01E05 vs. Houston Rockets

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Rockets lead early, Spurs never recover for second straight defeat
Preview | Recap | Game Info | Full Play-by-Play | Boxscores (HOU :: SAS)

SAN ANTONIO, November 6 -- Yao Ming has always felt like when he gets the ball down low, within a few feet of the basket, he should score every time. “Got to,” he said. “If not, waive me. I'm the tallest guy in the league, if I can't do that, I'm useless.” The Rockets just got him back after a year on the sidelines, and they're not about to let him go. Yao had easily his best game since coming back from his foot injury, scoring a season-high 27 points while grabbing 15 rebounds and wearing out San Antonio's big men; Kevin Martin added 21 points as Houston ended up beating the San Antonio Spurs 104-92 on Saturday night. Hitting bank shots. Dropping hooks. Making free throws. Dominating. For the first time in over a season, Yao was back; and the Rockets fans couldn't be more ecstatic. He made 11 of 18 field goals, 5 of 6 from the charity stripe, and put the Spurs' frontline in foul trouble, as DeJuan Blair fouled out with only 2 points and Tiago Splitter had 5 fouls.

“It's a big plus for me and everyone else on the team,” Martin said. Yao scored 17 points in the first quarter in route to a 4-point lead, before seeing the Rockets rely on their Martin-Aaron Brooks combo in offense when Yao was resting and turning up their defense with Shane Battier. When the Rockets offense sputtered, they would just dump the ball inside to the Chinese and let him go to work. He was simply put, unstoppable. Brooks scored 12, along with a game-best 13 assists, and Battier 14 points for Houston. Tim Duncan and Corey Maggette scored 18 and 17 points, respectively, to lead the Spurs, while Alonzo Gee once again hit double-digit scoring with 12 and Tony Parker shot 3/12 for only 10 points.

Houston led 79-70 after three, but Rick Adelman's team opened the last period with a 9-0 run for a 88-70 lead by making three shots from beyond the arc as Yao rested; he only played four minutes in the fourth. Except for the 17 turnovers, the final score sheet for San Antonio looked fine as three of five starters and two reserves reached double-figures. In his baptism as a Spur, Larry Hughes scored 10 points, two rebounds, four assists and three steals, and received nothing but praise from his new coach, Gregg Popovich: “He just came in yesterday but he brought a lot of spark, he pushed the ball, he was competitive and he got to the free throw line.” Hughes added, “It feels great to contribute in your first game, but it would have been better to win in your first game. We didn't have an answer for Yao.” About his role on the team, Hughes commented that “as long as I continue to be part of something successful I don't have a problem with it at all. I've been in situations like that before. I'm at the stage of my career where it doesn't matter if I'm starting or coming off the bench.”

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Video Music :: Calvin Harris • “Colours”

Last edited by kibaxx7 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame