Road to Glory II

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: Road to Glory II - Chapter 13!

Postby Valor on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:43 pm

Martti. wrote:Wade + Deng for Kevin Durant and Harden. (Y)

Noah-Smith-Durant-Turner-Rose -> Make it happen. (Y)

:lol: :lol: I'll pass on that

Sit wrote:
Martti. wrote:Sit, I might be 6'5 in real life, but you can't stop a 6'9 me.

5'6" v 6'5" is like 6'4" v 6'9". You better watch out Martti Must. :P I'm holding you to 0 points.

Valor, you gotta post this match up. :P

And also... can't wait to see what kind of deal you come up with. Sort of hoping it's not for a superstar as it would take all of my enjoyment out of the team.

You know i will :wink: and don't worry, my team's not getting more stacked...again it's cause of Wade's NTC, which means i'm at his mercy when trading him, second of all it's really hard to get a superstar more 'superstar' than the one i'm trading away right now, if you get what i mean...whatever move i make will be a downgrade unfortunately, since Melo refuses to sign with me

Well, unless i can somehow trade Wade for Kobe :roll:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:45 pm

That's awesome. :)

I was just making sure! haha
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby George7 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Hopefully this trade will be the best possible for the Bulls!
You can do it! :mrgreen: (Y)
George7

Postby Valor on Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:06 pm

George7, It is the "best possible" out of the low-ball deals available...but even so im gonna lose a lot in the trade...oh well, my team won't be as stacked i suppose
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:35 am

Grading the Deal: Wade forces his way back to South Beach
July 23rd, 2011

It's no secret that Dwyane Wade wants out of Chicago, it was just a matter of where, when and how.

For the last few weeks the Bulls front office have been hard at work at fielding offers and finding a deal that they won't be hurt most by, because whatever the trade is going to be, it'll hurt them nonetheless.

In addition, Wade's power to veto any trades (due to his No Trade Clause) makes it very one sided for the Bulls.

Thats why, at this moment when a deal has finally been reached, the Bulls front office staff should be credited for holding out for the best deal, because it is not that bad afterall.

Confirming spectulations, Dwyane Wade will indeed go back to the Miami Heat in a three team trade that also involves the Atlanta Hawks.

In the deal, the Chicago Bulls send Dwyane Wade and Josh Smith to Miami for forward Carlos Boozer from the Heat as well as former Bull Kirk Hinrich - who was traded a year ago from Chicago to Atlanta in the deal that brought the Bulls Josh Smith. The Heat will also be sending yet another former Bull - John Salmons, to the Atlanta Hawks.

In essence, the Bulls swapped Dwyane Wade and Josh Smith, one who is a former finals mvp, and the other being a former defensive player of the year, for a 3 time all-star in Carlos Boozer and a solid starter in Kirk Hinrich. Oh, don't forget the few million dollars in cap space that they've freed up.

It's better than giving up Dwyane Wade for Michael Beasley and Jermaine O'Neal, at least.

For the Heat, this is an absolute steal. They gave up last season's prize acquisitions Carlos Boozer and John Salmons, but in return they get their MVP canadiate back, and also upgrades the 4 spot with a defensive anchor in Josh Smith.

Not bad, Pat Riley.

Realistically, the credit does not go to Riley, it goes to Dwyane Wade and his agent in their skillful usage of the leverage they had on the Bulls organization.

Despicable, but mission accomplished.

Wade was never happy at being the "underdog" to Derrick Rose in Chicago, despite being the number one option. These emotions subsided when they were winning big in the regular season, but it all surfaced when they lost in the playoffs.

The Atlanta Hawks, on the otherhand, are winners as well in this deal. Although it did not see the return of Josh Smith, whom they should never have traded away for Hinrich, James Johnson and a first round pick (this year's 29th overall, used on Thierry Tirieux), they were able to get a very servicable John Salmons in return for Hinrich's 8 million dollar expiring contract.

Salmons comes at a cheap price of roughly $2.4 million per year, and is on a 4 year deal, meaning that for the remainder of his prime, he is locked in at a very serviceable price. On the floor, Salmons gives the Hawks a multi-dimensional true wing that can truly complement their star Joe Johnson, and unlike Hinrich, Salmons is listed at 6 foot 6, meaning there will no longer be massive height disadvantages for the Hawks backcourt.

In Chicago's situation, this deal is really the best they can do.

The return of Hinrich somewhat gives them a solid defenive guard to replace the absence of All-NBA second defensive team member Dwyane Wade. They still lack in height but it was the same with Wade and they were the best defensive team in the league. The absence of Josh Smith will hurt them a lot in that regards, but Noah's continue growth should lessen that impact.

In the case of Carlos Boozer, he is an excellent option for the pick-and-roll game and also provides an aspect of the game that they have been lacking for years - low post scoring.

With the addition of the all star forward, the Bulls now have someone inside that they can dump the ball to and let him work. Boozer will draw double teams in the post and open up the perimeter for wide open jumpers, something that the Bulls need as they shot the worst percentage in 3 point field goals this past season (.304). The improvements in their perimeter shooting will also hopefully free up some driving space for Derrick Rose, who is likely to be the number one option on offense now that Wade is gone.

If Boozer can stay healthy and the front office manages to sign some solid role players, the Bulls will remain as contenders.

Grade for Bulls: B-
Grade for Heat: A+
Grade for Hawks: A
Grade for Wade: A

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Road to Glory II - The Wade-Forced Trade

Postby George7 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:19 am

Damn you Wade and your no trade clause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully you can sign another start for the team,to recover Wade's loss,or turn Turner into one!
George7

Postby Martti. on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:45 am

You definitely came out worse after the deal. Really surprised you traded J-Smooth away.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:55 am

George7 wrote:Damn you Wade and your no trade clause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully you can sign another start for the team,to recover Wade's loss,or turn Turner into one!

Problem is, aside from Melo and Dirk, there really isn't any star on the market :x

Martti. wrote:You definitely came out worse after the deal. Really surprised you traded J-Smooth away.

They wouldn't take Deng no matter what and kept asking for J-Smoove in the counter offers, Wade wouldn't consent with the trade unless i had him in there too :wall:

worse thing is, i still gotta have another trade...either Deng or Turner must go or we'll see fistfights in the locker-room everyday of the season :shake:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:03 am

Trade Deng. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:11 am

Martti. wrote:Trade Deng. (Y)

Sigh...that's easier said than done though, i'm just getting low-ball offers right now from the cpu, and nothing i field out gets accepted
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Axel The Great on Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:31 am

That's a very frustrating part of playing a dynasty/association. Sucks to see J-Smoove go, but at least Boozer is a good low-post presence. (Y) It'd be for the better of the team if you trade Deng, good luck in doing so. :)
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby Houndy on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:30 am

Letting Smith sucks, trade Deng for a SF, what's Dengs rating??
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:00 am

Axel. wrote:That's a very frustrating part of playing a dynasty/association. Sucks to see J-Smoove go, but at least Boozer is a good low-post presence. (Y) It'd be for the better of the team if you trade Deng, good luck in doing so. :)

Thanks man

Houndy wrote:Letting Smith sucks, trade Deng for a SF, what's Dengs rating??

can't remember exactly, between 77-80 i suppose? the bigger problem is his contract - he's earning over 12 million this season. which makes it hard for me to trade cause...
a. no one wants to pick up his contract...or
b. deals wont work under salary cap restraints :shake:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 am

I like the trade. Was never too thrilled about you getting Wade or Smith in the first place, and now your team resembles the current one more. Your team definitely loses out talent-wise, but I never liked the Rose-Wade backcourt fit.
Lamrock

Postby Houndy on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 am

If this was 2k11, trade finder could be used :D Sadly not in 2k10
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 am

I'm similar to Lamrock on this one. I didn't like the Josh Smith trade for the Bulls but loved Wade being in the Chi. Shame to see Wade go but love how Boozer is playing for you now. (Y) I also like the idea of building around a big man. And have always been a proponent of Boozer in the past.

Does this mean you're gonna get LBJ and Bosh in Miami?
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:46 pm

Lamrock wrote:I like the trade. Was never too thrilled about you getting Wade or Smith in the first place, and now your team resembles the current one more. Your team definitely loses out talent-wise, but I never liked the Rose-Wade backcourt fit.

Cheers man, the problem with that backcourt, even though it owns, is that if my outside jumpers (3 or mid range) are not falling the defense would collapse and render both Rose and Wade useless :x

Houndy wrote:If this was 2k11, trade finder could be used :D Sadly not in 2k10

I guess so, oh well

Sit wrote:I'm similar to Lamrock on this one. I didn't like the Josh Smith trade for the Bulls but loved Wade being in the Chi. Shame to see Wade go but love how Boozer is playing for you now. (Y) I also like the idea of building around a big man. And have always been a proponent of Boozer in the past.

Does this mean you're gonna get LBJ and Bosh in Miami?

Booz will be the "right arm" of Rose (Y) My core gets complete with Noah manning the boards and anchoring the middle on defense

As for LBJ and Bosh in Miami, i'll pass on that. LBJ has a solid team in Sacramento that is capable of contending and the Arenas/Bosh duo is fine as it is. Miami is also a contender with Lamrock, Wade, Beasley, J-Smoove and a not-so-busted Jermaine O'Neal, as well as a half decent bench (Y) no point making big trades for the cpu just for the sake of it...if they do it though then i'll leave it to them :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:49 pm

What are my Blazers like?
Fresh8

Postby Justine. on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:31 pm

Liked the trade for Wade, he must be happy now. But sad you let go of Smith, I merely like him more than Boozer. Resurrect Hinrich career :)
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Sit wrote:What are my Blazers like?

I think you are getting the starting nod over Bayless, then of course it's Roy, SF is Webster or sophomore Stanley Robinson, PF Lamarcus Aldridge, but he's out still with a torn ACL from last season as of now, your center is not so sure, since Greg Oden is a FA and i dont know whether they'll keep him or not, you still got Camby though. Sixth man Rudy Fernandez

Justine. wrote:Liked the trade for Wade, he must be happy now. But sad you let go of Smith, I merely like him more than Boozer. Resurrect Hinrich career :)

Hinrich will be used for defensive purposes, he isn't the Captain Kirk of old times anymore :wink:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:45 pm

I hope Oden stays...
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Sit wrote:I hope Oden stays...

Me too, he'll look weird going down with injuries for other teams :lol: :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:54 pm

Valor wrote:

Which team is the worst in the NBA? How are the Knicks?
Fresh8

Postby Valor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:05 pm

Sit wrote:
Valor wrote:

Which team is the worst in the NBA? How are the Knicks?

Hands down Cavaliers, Knicks are doing okay with their prized rookie of the year from last season - Ed Davis leading the way. They won like 34 games (?) last year with that group of d-leaguers and Ed Davis, so i think they'll be a borderline playoff team this season
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Clutch on Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Lamrock wrote:I like the trade. Was never too thrilled about you getting Wade or Smith in the first place, and now your team resembles the current one more. Your team definitely loses out talent-wise, but I never liked the Rose-Wade backcourt fit.

ditto... but goddamn you gave up the farm, especially defensively
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame