NELLIEBALL! | Finished.

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: NELLIEBALL! | Chapter 6!

Postby dare on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Best chapter, didn't see that coming :)
dare
True kings have rings

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:29 pm

Meh.
Billy Knight > Liam
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby |)e8* on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Shit i didnt see that coming
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Martti. on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:24 pm

Damn, that's the most outrageous plot twist I've seen in stories.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Justine. on Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:39 pm

Shit. He's back.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby Clutch on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:46 am

seems a steady diet of naan, pancakes and pupusas til further notice :lol: (Y)
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby megarover on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:43 am

Lamrock you must have a pretty crazy family or a pretty crazy life to come up with all these good moments :lol:
Dont mess with the Best
megarover

Postby Valor on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:15 pm

Seriously, i loved that shit. keep 'em coming Lamrock :headbang:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:38 pm

|---THE WARRIOR ZONE---|

Around The NBA: May 15, 2010

The 2010 NBA Conference Semifinals have come and gone, and only four teams remain. Unfortunately, the Warriors are not among those squads. In the Western Conference, the Lakers and Blazers will face each other, coming off 6 game, and 5 game series wins respectively. Meanwhile, a Celtics sweep and an epic seven game series win by the Magic has yielded a Magic-Celtics ECF. Aside of Cavs-Magic, I thought that this round was far less exciting than the first. Perhaps it was because the Warriors got smacked, but also due to the lack of upsets. Here's hoping for a good conference finals round!

NBA.com wrote:Lakers Too Much For Warriors, Advance to 3rd Straight WCF

Image Even after just one playoff appearance in the last 15 years, Bay Area fans have remained among the best in the league. Following the Warriors game 5 upset win in Staples Center to force a game 6, a sold out crowd donned "WE BELIEVE" t-shirts. It would not face the defending champs however. Kobe Bryant scored 37, while Pau Gasol added 20 as the Lakers dominated Golden State en route to an 114-102 win. After the first four games in the series, of which the Lakers won three of, questions were being made about the Warriors' chemistry. In an 120-112 game 5 victory, seven Warriors scored in double figures as the Warriors forced a game 6. The Lakers took the series, but Don Nelson couldn't have been prouder. "They won, but we played with heart and took lots of threes." The Lakers will face the Blazers in the Western Conference Finals.

Warriors 98, Lakers 115
Warriors 101, Lakers 110
Lakers 104, Warriors 108
Lakers 120, Warriors 109
Warriors 120, Lakers 112
Lakers 114, Warriors 102

Lakers win series 4-2

NBA.com wrote:Blazers Steamroll Nuggets, Advance In 5

Image The Nuggets' epic series triumph over the Spurs raised some doubts as to whether the Blazers were truly the creme of the Northwest division crop. However, this series proved that these Blazers are for real. The Blazers recovered from a 9 point halftime deficit in game 1 to defeat the visiting Nuggets, then continued to maintain homecourt in a blowout game 2 victory. The Nuggets used a 35 point game from Carmelo Anthony to narrowly take game 3, but Portland stole game 4 to take a commanding 3-1 lead. Despite Kenyon Martin's guarantee that the Nuggets would return to Denver for a game 6, Portland annihilated them, easily advancing to their first conference finals in ten years.

Nuggets 82, Blazers 91
Nuggets 86, Blazers 101
Blazers 97, Nuggets 101
Blazers 97, Nuggets 89
Nuggets 70, Blazers 104

Blazers Win Series 4-1

NBA.com wrote:Veteran Celtics Sweep Upstart Bobcats

Image After the Bobcats came a buzzer-beater away from stealing game 1 in Boston, Charlotte-Boston looked like another difficult series for the Celtics. However, the Celtics showed why they were the #1 seed in the East, dominating game 2. Despite a gallant effort in game 3, the 'Cats were outlasted in overtime. The Celtics dispatched the discouraged Bobcats in game 4, 87-80. The Celtics advance to the conference finals, while the Bobcats see the best season in franchise history come to an end.

Bobcats 92, Celtics 93
Bobcats 87, Celtics 102
Celtics 110, Bobcats 105 [OT]
Celtics 87, Bobcats 80

Celtics Win Series 4-0

NBA.com wrote:Magic Win Game 7, Oust Cavaliers Again

Image In an epic rematch of last year's conference finals, the Magic have once again defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers. In a back and forth series that saw momentum and home court advantage change hands multiple times, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul and the Orlando Magic have advanced to the conference finals. Despite it being in Orlando, the Cavaliers were favored to win game 7, after taking game 6 by 20 points. However, due to a 4-17 shooting performance by LeBron James, the Cavaliers played from behind the whole game, and a late run spared by Maurice Williams fell short. The Magic will face the Celtics in the conference finals. Following the loss, LeBron alluded to his probable departure in the off-season. "I can't do this any more, man. Every year, same result."

Cavaliers 95, Magic 93
Cavaliers 85, Magic 96
Magic 100, Cavaliers 94
Magic 112, Cavaliers 117 [2OT]
Cavaliers 90, Magic 98
Magic 84, Cavaliers 104
Cavaliers 95, Magic 101

Magic Win Series 4-3
Lamrock

Re: NELLIEBALL! | Conference Semifinals (and Ch. 6)

Postby dare on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:38 pm

I got a feeling that Lakers won't make it to the Finals
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Justine. on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:50 pm

Magic will win it.
Justine.
Novakaine!

Postby |)e8* on Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:38 am

BLAZZERRRSSS!!
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Postby Clutch on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:19 am

life imitating art... LA vs BOS Finals... LA captures the crown in 5
nice recaps btw
Clutch

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:24 am

|---THE WARRIOR ZONE---|

End Of Season Awards Roundup Part 2

The Conference Semifinals have come and gone, and the All-NBA, Rookie and Defensive teams have been announced. I am pleased to say that Warriors have made appearances in all three. Randolph and Nash made the all-NBA third team, Rubio the rookie second team and Randolph the defensive first team. Looks like we aren't the only ones anymore who think Meal Ticket is a stud.

NBA.com wrote:Rondo, Bryant, James Headline All-NBA Teams

Image May 10, 2010 - The NBA has released its NBA All-NBA teams today. Unsurprisingly, the top 4 MVP vote-getters, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Rajon Rondo and Dwight Howard, made the first time. Controversially, Kevin Garnett rounded out the team, despite averaging just 16 points and 9 rebounds a game. Orlando's Chris Paul and Portland's Brandon Roy headlined the second team. Warriors Steve Nash and Most Improved Played Anthony Randolph were among those on the third team. Notable snubs included the Heat's Dwyane Wade, Atlanta's Joe Johnson, Chicago's Amar'e Stoudemire and Milwaukee's Michael Redd.

All-NBA First Team
Image Image Image Image Image
Rajon Rondo (BOS) | Kobe Bryant (LAL) | LeBron James (CLE) | Kevin Garnett (BOS) | Dwight Howard (ORL)

All-NBA Second Team
Chris Paul (ORL) | Brandon Roy (POR) | Kevin Durant (OKC) | Chris Bosh (HOU) | Tim Duncan (SAS)

All-NBA Third Team
Steve Nash (GSW) | Kevin Martin (SAC) | Anthony Randolph (GSW) | Dirk Nowitzki (DAL) | Yao Ming (HOU)

NBA.com wrote:DPotY Howard Leads All-Defensive Teams

Image May 12, 2010 - The NBA All-Defensive teams have leaked today. Unsurprisingly, defensive player of the year Dwight Howard headlined the first team. He is joined by Boston's Rajon Rondo, the Bobcats' Gerald Wallace, the Warriors' Anthony Randolph and the Lakers' Kobe Bryant. Chris Paul and LeBron James headlined the second team as eight of the ten on the all-defensive team made an All-NBA team.

All-Defense First Team
Rajon Rondo (BOS) | Kobe Bryant (LAL) | Gerald Wallace (CHA) | Anthony Randolph (GSW) | Dwight Howard (ORL)

All-Defense Second Team
Chris Paul (ORL) | Devin Harris (NJN) | LeBron James (CLE) | Kevin Garnett (BOS) | Tim Duncan (SAS)

NBA.com wrote:Holiday, Griffin Lead All-Rookie Teams

Image May 14, 2010 - Rookie of the year Jrue Holiday headlines the recently announced all-rookie teams. In such a point guard heavy draft, six of the ten players on the teams are PG's. #1 overall pick and ROY runner-up Blake Griffin also graces the first team following a successful year. #2 pick Ricky Rubio of the Warriors made the second team following a very solid year as Steve Nash's backup. After playing just 8.2 minutes per game prior to the all-star break, Brandon Jennings broke out after receiving a starting spot, making the second team.

All-Rookie First Team
Jrue Holiday (PHI) | James Harden (CHA) | Tyreke Evans (SAC) | Blake Griffin (LAC) | Hasheem Thabeet (OKC)

All-Rookie Second Team
Ricky Rubio (GSW) | Brandon Jennings (NJN) | Jonny Flynn (MIL) | Stephen Curry (MEM) | DeJuan Blair (NOH)
Lamrock

Re: NELLIEBALL! | Conference Semifinals + All-NBA Teams!

Postby Martti. on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:34 am

Man, hell of a year for Randolph. Too bad you lost to the Lakers.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:24 am

Hoping it's Blazers-Magic. :cheeky:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:16 am

Lakers-Celtics final :) Yes please.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Conference finals results coming tomorrow. Just a heads-up on the status of this dynasty: I have another project in the works that will continue from the loose canon of this dynasty, starting from the 2010-11 season. It would finish the trilogy started by Flying High In The ATL. However, by loose canon, I mean the storyline will continue from where it left off here, but the rosters would reflect that of real life as opposed to in the game.

Also, would you like to see me sim a season or two a la Dare after this one is done?
Lamrock

Postby Clutch on Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:46 pm

1st team All-Defense - Meal Ticket on the rise (Y)

spreading too thin is pointless; i'd say wrap up here then go full force with this "other project"; sounds like it all culminates there anyway taking the best elements of Nellieball! and Flying HIgh
Clutch

Postby dare on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:16 am

Lamrock wrote:Conference finals results coming tomorrow. Just a heads-up on the status of this dynasty: I have another project in the works that will continue from the loose canon of this dynasty, starting from the 2010-11 season. It would finish the trilogy started by Flying High In The ATL. However, by loose canon, I mean the storyline will continue from where it left off here, but the rosters would reflect that of real life as opposed to in the game.

Also, would you like to see me sim a season or two a la Dare after this one is done?

Well if it's all right with you, the thing is I sim it because I got bored that's it :P
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Alpha_ on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

I'll go with Magic even though they defeated Cleveland..
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:42 am

|---THE WARRIOR ZONE---|

Around The NBA: June 2, 2010

It's official: Blazers-Celtics in the 2010 NBA Finals. The Western Conference Finals were a bit of a letdown in a sense, only going 5 games. However, I can never complain about the Lakers losing! The conference finals, meanwhile, were epic. Rajon Rondo established himself as the clearcut #1 PG in the league as the Celtics recovered from a 3-2 series deficit to oust the seemingly unbeatable Orlando Magic. While I'm rooting for Brandon Roy and the Blazers to win the 'chip, I predict the Celtics in 6. Don't be afraid to give your $0.02 on the series!

NBA.com wrote:Blazers Stun Lakers Again, Advance To NBA Finals

Image After a 61 win season, the defending champion Los Angeles Lakers have been eliminated in five games in the Western Conference Finals. The Lakers looked in control following a 101-94 game 1 win, but the Blazers bounced back in game 2 with a 98-88 triumph. When the series shifted back to Portland, Danny Granger scored 30 en route to a 102-88 win for the home team. Foul trouble limited Pau Gasol in game 4, and as a result, the Blazers edged the Lakers out to take a commanding 3-1 lead. LA looked determined to take game 5 at home, taking a 32-20 lead at the end of the first, and led 52-44 at the half. However, Kobe Bryant, who had 22 points in the first half, was held to 9 in the second, as Portland took control with a big third quarter. Reminiscent of the 2004 Lakers' 5 game defeat at the hands of the Detroit Pistons, LA suffered a 97-88 loss, missing the finals for the first time since 2007. After the loss, a stunned Kobe Bryant said "I have no idea what the [expletive] happened."

Blazers 94, Lakers 101
Blazers 98, Lakers 88
Lakers 88, Blazers 102
Lakers 90, Blazers 97
Blazers 97, Lakers 89

Blazers win series 4-1

NBA.com wrote:The Celtics Are Going Back To The NBA Finals!

Image Following the Chris Paul trade ESPN analyst John Hollinger said that he couldn't see anybody beating the Magic, except maybe the Celtics. Lo and behold, the 2008 champions have made their way back into the NBA Finals. Even after a 7 game series against the Cavaliers, the Magic looked far more energetic than Boston and stole game 1. Boston recovered in the second game, and in an overtime epic, took back home court advantage in game 3. Orlando responded by demolishing the Celtics in game 4, then using a barrage of threes to steal game 5. Prior to game 6, Ray Allen announced he would be retiring at season's end. It was only fitting that he would sink the game winner with 2.2 seconds left to force a game 7. The seventh game saw the Celtics outwork the Magic, and hold Dwight Howard to a playoff low 11 points. They won the series, and the right to face Portland in the NBA Finals. Game 1 will be in Boston.

Magic 103, Celtics 90
Magic 95, Celtics 102
Celtics 110, Magic 108 [OT]
Celtics 84, Magic 105
Magic 101, Celtics 96
Celtics 105, Magic 104
Magic 90, Celtics 101

Celtics Win Series 4-3
Lamrock

Re: NELLIEBALL! | Conference Finals Results!

Postby Clutch on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:53 am

not too surprised by East Conf. results (though it was tight and stretched to 7) but the West? :shock: wow

"led 52-44 at the half. However, Kobe Bryant, who had 22 points in the first half, was held to 9 in the second, as Portland took control with a big third quarter."

i think Kobe just officially handed the torch over Roy for best SG out west, that's what the [expletive] happened!

gotta go West all the way, Blazers 4-2, Roy MFMVP! (you can guess what the "MF" stands for YEEAAHHH BOOooy!!)
Clutch

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:17 pm

I expect detailed coverage of the Finals. I bet on green.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Lamrock on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:12 pm

Yeah, I think I'm going to do something similar to The X with a "how they got there" article for each team with their playoff rosters.
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame