NELLIEBALL! | Finished.

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [27-23] NELLIEBALL! - 2010 NBA All-Star Game!

Postby Lamrock on Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:33 pm

Sleepwalked through the first half, but I got into it towards the end. Was tempted to alter the sliders temporarily to insure victory, but I opted against it, and I'm glad I did. Was glad that hour of labor resulted in a win. (Upped the quarter length to 12 because All-Star game scores always run high)

This post marks the 500th reply for this dynasty. While it isn't that big of an achievement compared to Sit's (it's about a fourth as big :P), its still a first for me. While it seems lame not to wait until I hit the millennium mark, I'm not sure I will get there, so here is the first (and hopefully not last) milestone celebration for Nellieball! To celebrate, here is a walk down memory lane with my many failed dynasty attempts. (Basically the ones that weren't good enough to even be in my signature) Check them out and bump them if you are really bored. :P

Failed Dynasties
Seattle Supersonics (2K6) - Buried at the very bottom of the association section, this ugly all-text association only went for one game. Looking back, it is poorly written and riddled with typos. Everyone's gotta start somewhere I guess.
Orlando Magic (2K7 - A major improvement. Made a ridiculous trade, had nothing fancy except for some rich text, and it only lasted half a season, but it was fun and had a very small cult following. My Blazers association was very similar, except I actually finished it.
Utah Jazz (Live 08) - First of two busts with Live 08. Got off to a pretty good start, but fell apart because I copied Chaser's format too much, and I got bored or something.
Seattle Supersonics (Live 08) - I thought it had potential, and I still think it could have been better than Flying High In The ATL. It was a The X-style dynasty with my cellar dweller hometeam. Unfortunately, a lack of pictures, poor format and seasonal disinterest in the NBA ended this one.
Detroit Pistons (2K6) - Had low expectations for this, as it was simply a temporary dynasty until I got my RROD'ed 360 back. May actually finish this one if/when my 360 kicks the bucket again though.
Minnesota Timberwolves (2K9) - Like the Sonics one, I am disappointed this one failed to go anywhere. It was to be the successor to Flying High, and the main competition for Sit. Unfortunately, I went through a long period of depression right after I started this. It began a losing streak.
Phoenix Suns (2K9) - Cut/pasted my Wolves association and tried to turn it into a kick-ass Suns association. Unfortunately, I never got around to playing a single game.
Philadelphia 76ers (2K9) - Kicked the depression and got into the NBA again, but it was the wrong team at the wrong time.
Chicago Bulls (2K10) - Glad this one failed, as it allowed me to finish this up. Was kinda fun, and I had a Brad Miller + Tyrus Thomas for Boozer (not unlike the Amare trade in this one) in place. My Player sidelined it, then my 360 eating the disc killed it.

Shoutouts!
Sit. A huge influence, who has made two of my favorite dynasties of all time (and a pretty great Lakers one too!), followed this from the beginning and has, at times singlehandedly, kept this section alive and relevant. Not to mention to awesome sig he made me.
Martti. has followed my stories since my 2K7 days, when I was a nobody on the forums. Major kudos for following since the Blazers, and going on to be one of the most distinguished dynasty-makers on the site. You should really invest in a newer basketball game though
The X's Bobcats dynasty was so good that it made me join the forums, and to this day is my favorite. He has also been a recent follower, and has given me some good advice.
Thierry has been an avid follower and also helped keep this section alive. Though they never seem to last, he always has an association going.
Cartar has been a follower since the Flying High days, and perennial force in prediction contests.
Valor is another longtime follower and dynasty enthusiast. I'm flattered to see him taking some inspiration from my Hawks dynasty in some of his associations. Thanks for following and helping keep this section alive.
Clutch is a great poster and dynasty maker, who coined Anthony Randolph's nickname, and has made some good comments.
Lightning Strike gets my vote for NLSC rookie of the year. Intelligent poster who, like many others have said, has made a great start here.
newc is a fellow Andris Biedrins fan and solid follower. Always good to have you around in this section.
Skillmatic has been an erratic poster here, but has checked in here a few times, and also followed Flying High.
hova- - It's great to have you back on the forums! I really liked your Knicks dynasty, and your Bobcats is looking even better. Thanks for following as of late.
dare019 has been a very active follower since he joined and a rapidly improving poster.
Andrew doesn't even know this association exists, but without him this site wouldn't exist.

I know there are a few of you who I have overlooked, and for that I apologize. I appreciate each and every one of you who gives my humble association a look. I really couldn't have done this without you. I feel lame making this, considering Sit just made a big shoutout post two days ago, but I simply couldn't resist.
Last edited by Lamrock on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamrock

Re: [27-23] NELLIEBALL! - All-Star Game + 500 Replies!

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Maybe one day ALIB II will be your favourite ever but will be tough to bump off The X. :P

Firstly, change sig to 'sig/s'... you still gotta use Joker Nash. :)

Secondly, I want Sit to be spelt in alternating yellow and indigo letters.

Thirdly, congratulations but pointing out 500 is just one tenth of my 2000. So do feel really really lame.

Haha, just kidding, you doing good. Good milestone post. But do take my first and second things seriously (ie change to joker nash and change my name) Thank you.

EDIT: Andrew never visits this section but he should. And can you start a petition to get ALIB II into that dynasty HOF section? :) It will be like a Football or Baseball player making the Basketball Hall of Fame... however, able to be justified more easily.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Lamrock on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:46 pm

Hey now, its a fourth of yours. :P Half of this was so I could breathe some new life into the dead dynasties. Probably should have waiting until I got to 1K, but though I intend to to a season or two after this, shit does happen, and there was no guarantee that I would get so far. I changed your name accordingly, but I'm not using the other Nash sig until you use the sig I made for you. :P
Lamrock

Postby dare on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Wow my very first shout out :P I'll be still following this :D
dare
True kings have rings

Postby hova- on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Congratz on the 500. Really nice ASG. Dirk winning the MVP :) That would never happen in RL, but I definitely like it. Nice game winning shot.
Now I am looking forward to the deadline deals. (Y)
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby |)e8* on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Congrats on the 500 repliez, The All Star Weekend was a good read
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

Re: [27-23] NELLIEBALL! - 2010 NBA All-Star Game!

Postby Lightning Strike on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:58 pm

Lamrock wrote:Sleepwalked through the first half, but I got into it towards the end. Was tempted to alter the sliders temporarily to insure victory, but I opted against it, and I'm glad I did. Was glad that hour of labor resulted in a win. (Upped the quarter length to 12 because All-Star game scores always run high)

Yeah, I do that too much with my games, I go into a match thinking the opponent is going to be a piece of cake, and before I know it they're up by 10 in the first quarter. :? I don't get what you mean though, All-Star games scores always run high so you upped the quarter length?

Lamrock wrote:Lightning Strike gets my vote for NLSC rookie of the year. Intelligent poster who, like many others have said, has made a great start here.

:oops:

Thanks for the shout-out Lamrock.
Orlando Magic Fantasy Association
I prefer to contribute to other user's stories than spend time on my own, sorry if updates are far between.
Lightning Strike

Postby Mark. on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Congratulations on your milestone Lamrock. Im not going to lie and say I have followed your Associations much, but thats not for lack of entertainment, just my relative absence over the last few years.
I am hoping to be more active so I will be following for the second half of your season. Goodluck!
"Money is options, not happiness, its what you do with those options that makes your life" - Conrad Bishop
Mark.
Sweet Disposition

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Congrads on the milestone Lamrock, your dynasties/associations are great to read and interesting to follow; hope you can keep up the interest for the NBA and make this go on for a while, cause this is awesome! :) (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby The X on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:47 pm

Always good to see your dry sense of humour & take on things, which I can definitely appreciate. It might not be the prettiest, it might not be the most well-written but in the end, a dynasty/association just has to have some soul (& longevity) to win fans. Keep it up (Y)

I think you have to give yourself some credit for helping the NBA 2k Association Stories Forums thrive. Nobody comes to a forum to read just one thread.

Btw, sorry I tuned out from your Association recently as you were covering All-Star Weekend (a pet hate of mine from back in the Bobcats' days).
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:04 am

Thanks for the shoutout... I did have like a year retirement before, I didn't make any stories in that time, then I made a return and like 5 associations in 1 year :P (this Blazers is the 5th)
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:10 am

Thanks for the shoutout and I'll try to improve my PC. :P

Anyway, a great milestone, only 1 of my stories has reached that. I see this going on, as the console versions tend to last longer.

Oh and Sit, your math is a bit off. :P
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:30 am

thierryhenry50 wrote:Thanks for the shoutout... I did have like a year retirement before, I didn't make any stories in that time, then I made a return and like 5 associations in 1 year :P (this Blazers is the 5th)

So at least you got two records.

1. Most associations in a 12 month period
2. Most failed associations

Marrt. wrote:Oh and Sit, your math is a bit off.

Can't be... I'm Asian...

:P
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:23 am

dare019, Stick around here and it should be the first of many. (Y)

hova-, Thought you would like the Dirk MVP. Its good to have all-star weekend out of the way. There were some pretty crazy deals.

De8, Thanks man. I knew I forgot someone. I'll make it up to you some day.

Lightning Strike, In real life the scores run high, but I've had all-star games before where I scored under 100. Gotta make it as realistic as possible. ;)

Mark., Thanks for checking in. Its good to have you back on the forums.

Valor, Thanks for the kind words. Just noticed that you joined in 2006. Could have sworn you joined in '08. :!:

The X, Thanks. I remember when I had the only association going in the 2k7 days with my Blazers and Warriors. Even though its way behind ALIB II, it is #2 in replies in this section. :) All-Star Weekend was a hassle, but I think you might like the next recap. Big thanks for following.

thierryhenry50, Yep. Five dynasties and you have yet to do a 29 game season, or do weekly/monthly recaps. Nevertheless, your dynasties are good while they last, help keep the section alive, and you are a good poster.

Martti., Yeah. Crashing/data corruption isn't really an issue for console dynasties. There are definite advantages to doing PC dynasties, but I do my best to make this dynasty good.

Sit, Can't argue that logic. One-tenth it is!

Trade deadline coming up next. A couple blockbusters happened. That's right. Thabo Sefolosha is no longer a member of the Oklahoma City Thunder!
Lamrock

Postby Lightning Strike on Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:30 am

Lamrock wrote:Lightning Strike, In real life the scores run high, but I've had all-star games before where I scored under 100. Gotta make it as realistic as possible. ;)

Ahh right, makes sense now. :)

Looking forward to the updates!
I prefer to contribute to other user's stories than spend time on my own, sorry if updates are far between.
Lightning Strike

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 am

Must I remind you... color of my name...

make it all indigo. thanks. :D
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:57 am

Sit wrote:Must I remind you... color of my name...

make it all indigo. thanks. :D

Sit wrote:Secondly, I want Sit to be spelt in alternating yellow and indigo letters.

Come on bro :P
× Watching:
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:52 pm

NEWS ROUNDUP: February 18, 2010

Chris Paul Traded To Magic in 5-Player Blockbuster

Image Image Image <---> Image Image Image Image

February 18, 2010 - After much suspense and intrigue spreading over the past week, Chris Paul has indeed been traded. The deal sends Paul and veteran forward Peja Stojakovic to the Orlando Magic for 2009 all-star Jameer Nelson, veteran forward and expiring contract Hedo Turkoglu and expiring center Tony Battie. The trade gets Paul his wish of playing for a contender, separates the Magic from the rest of the East's upper echelon and gives the Hornets millions in savings, and a talented lead guard in Nelson. Its a fantastic trade.

Let's start with the Hornets. Suffering a subpar season with no light at the end of the tunnel, the Hornets opted to deal their disgruntled superstars for two very good players in Hedo and Jameer. However, that's not all, as they also managed to unload Peja Stojakovic and his crippling contract, which still has two years and 28 million dollars remaining on it. While the move was obviously made with the future in mind, this trade arguably makes them better in the short-run. A starting five of Nelson, Mo Peterson, Turkoglu, David West and Emeka Okafor doesn't look too shabby. Does it make them deeper? No, but that's where the extra 15 million they get this offseason comes in. Its always difficult to deal a superstar, but the Hornets managed to not only save money, but improve in the process.

Losing two key players from their Finals run, CP3 didn't come cheap for the Magic. However, Turk has been very inefficient this year, and Nelson has missed a dozen games with a knee injury. Chris Paul gives the Magic a legitimate superstar and perennial MVP candidate. Don't be surprised to see Howard's stats go up even more now that he's got Paul dishing it to him. Peja has struggled since signing his big Hornets contract, but don't be surprised to see a career revival for him in Stan Van Gundy's inside-out system. The only question about the trade is whether or not Paul being just an average three-point shooter will be an issue. However, when you take give the best Center in the league the best Point Guard in the league, good things are bound to happen. While it wasn't a fleece job like the 2008 Pau Gasol trade, this deal similarly turns the Magic into the team to beat in the Eastern Conference.

Magic get:
Chris Paul 2009-10: 48 games | 38.7 MPG | 24.0 PPG | 4.6 RPG | 10.4 APG | 0.4 BPG | 2.2 SPG | 3.3 TOPG | .458 FG%
Peja Stojakovic 2009-10: 35 games | 26.4 MPG | 8.2 PPG | 3.3 RPG | 1.4 APG | 0.7 BPG | 0.5 SPG | 1.4 TOPG | .402 FG%
Projected Starters: Chris Paul | Courtney Lee | Peja Stojakovic | Rashard Lewis | Dwight Howard

Hornets get:
Jameer Nelson 2009-10: 40 games | 33.0 MPG | 13.4 PPG | 1.7 RPG | 7.4 APG | 0.1 BPG | 1.2 SPG | 2.5 TOPG | .441 FG%
Hedo Turkoglu 2009-10: 51 games | 34.2 MPG | 15.2 PPG | 4.4 RPG | 5.2 APG | 0.4 BPG | 0.8 SPG | 2.0 TOPG | .382 FG%
Tony Battie 2009-10: 17 games | 4.8 MPG | 1.0 PPG | 1.2 RPG | 0.1 APG | 0.3 BPG | 0.1 SPG | 0.5 TOPG | .420 FG%
Projected Starters: Jameer Nelson | Morris Peterson | Hedo Turkoglu | David West | Emeka Okafor

Magic Trade Grade: A | Hornets Trade Grade: A-

Rasheed Wallace Sent To Nuggets In Salary Dump

Image Image <---> (Hunter) Image

February 15, 2010 - The biggest trade week in the NBA kicks off with four-time all-star and veteran big man Rasheed Wallace going to the Denver Nuggets in a salary dump for the Nuggets' expiring Center Steven Hunter. Sheed adds depth and toughness to a shallow, underachieving Nuggets team. Lost in the middle of the conference standings and fighting for a playoff seed, the talented Nuggets are looking for an edge. The Nuggets managed to acquire a former NBA champion and all-star for practically nothing. It is a great move that could be what puts them above the Thunder, Mavs and Clippers. Meanwhile, the Pistons get an extra four million to spend in the upcoming offseason. However, you can't help but think the Pistons could have probably gotten a pick out of this deal.

Nuggets Get:
Rasheed Wallace 2009-10: 53 games | 29.0 MPG | 11.3 PPG | 5.7 RPG | 0.6 APG | 1.4 BPG | 0.2 SPG | 1.8 TOPG | .430 FG%
Projected Starters: Chauncey Billups | Earl Smith | Carmelo Anthony | Rasheed Wallace | Nene

Pistons get:
Steven Hunter 2009-10: Has yet to play this season.
Projected Starters: Rodney Stuckey | Richard Hamilton | Tayshaun Prince | Jason Maxiell | Anthony Tolliver

Nuggets Trade Grade: A+ | Pistons Trade Grade: C

Thunder Swap Nick Collison With Bobcats For Radmanovic

Image Image <---> Image Image

February 18, 2010 - A minor trade deadline deal sends Thunder big man Nick Collison to the Bobcats in exchange for forward and former Sonic Vladimir Radmanovic. Collison helps shore up a very shallow Charlotte frontcourt. Meanwhile, the Thunder deal a disgruntled player in Collison and receive more insurance at the small forward position. This is a very low-risk deal on both sides, as both players are expiring contracts. However, Radmanovic's contract is slightly larger than Collison's.

Bobcats Get:
Nick Collison 2009-10: 48 games | 13.2 MPG | 4.4 PPG | 3.2 RPG | 0.3 APG | 0.4 BPG | 0.0 SPG | 0.7 TOPG | .405 FG%
Projected Starters: DJ Augustin | Raja Bell | Gerald Wallace | Shawn Marion | Tyson Chandler

Thunder get:
Vladimir Radmanovic 2009-10: 27 games | 17.0 MPG | 6.3 PPG | 2.7 RPG | 0.6 APG | 0.2 BPG | 0.2 SPG | 1.0 TOPG | .353 FG%
Projected Starters: Russell Westbrook | Ben Gordon | Kevin Durant | Paul Millsap | Nenad Krstic

Bobcats Trade Grade: A- | Thunder Trade Grade: C+

Magic Acquire Defensive Stalwart Sefolosha

Image Image <---> Image ['10 2nd Rounder] Image

February 18, 2010 - The other trade deadline deal that the Magic made didn't make as big of headlines, but should nonetheless pay dividends this postseason. After dealing Mickael Pietrus to the Rockets in the offseason, the Magic were left without any decent perimeter defenders. They failed in their attempts to acquire Raja Bell from the Bobcats. Enter Thabo Sefolosha. The Swiss shooting guard is widely considered to be an excellent defender, but was buried behind Ben Gordon and Anthony Parker on the Thunder. The price was a negligible second rounder (projected mid-50's) and expiring veteran big man Stromile Swift. The Thunder shed a player they don't need's salary, while the Magic improve their depth and perimeter D.

Magic get:
Thabo Sefolosha 2009-10 15 games | 8.1 MPG | 3.6 PPG | 1.1 RPG | 0.3 APG | 0.1 BPG | 0.7 SPG | 0.4 TOPG | .400 FG%
Projected Starters: Chris Paul | Courtney Lee | Peja Stojakovic | Rashard Lewis | Dwight Howard

Thunder Get:
Stromile Swift 2009-10: 18 games | 9.0 MPG | 2.4 PPG | 2.0 RPG | 0.1 APG | 0.3 BPG | 0.0 SPG | 0.4 TOPG | .475 FG%
Projected Starters: Russell Westbrook | Ben Gordon | Kevin Durant | Paul Millsap | Nenad Krstic

Magic Trade Grade: A | Thunder Trade Grade: C+

Cavaliers Acquire Hamilton In Four Player Swap

Image Image Image <---> Image Image ('11 First Rounder) Image

February 18, 2010 - When the clock struck Noon (Eastern Time), many thought that the trade deadline had come and gone without LeBron James receiving any help going into what could be his final playoff run with the Cavs. With the Celtics being unstoppable, and the Magic and Bulls both acquiring big stars, Cavs GM Danny Ferry refused to let his team get lost in the shuffle. Seeing a rebuilding Pistons team blowing up their roster, it was a perfect opportunity to unload Ben Wallace's massive expiring for a star. As a result, they managed to acquire former all-star Richard Hamilton and veteran big man Antonio McDyess for Wallace's expiring and JJ Hickson.

The deal is a no-brainer for the Cavaliers. Ben Wallace had yet to play all year with a torn ACL, and Hickson, though promising, did not fit into their short-term plans. Though LeBron is the best player in the NBA, he alone can't shoulder all the load for a championship team. Hamilton has a ring and three all-star appearances under his belt, while McDyess is still a solid contributer who will likely beat out moron Drew "neck goatee Gooden" for the starting PF spot. However, the caveat to this deal is that Hamilton still has three years remaining on his contract, which could encumber them should LeBron leave in the offseason. Additionally, they lose their 2011 draft pick, which would likely be in the lottery should their franchise player depart for greener pastures.

The move is borderline brilliance on the Pistons' part. They not only swapped their veteran PF for an up-and-coming one, but also swapped their highest-paid player for an expiring contract, giving them enough cap for them to sign pretty much anyone this offseason. Perhaps the best part though, is that they opted to acquire the Cavaliers' 2011 draft pick. With LeBron's likely departure, the Cavs could be in for a very bad season next year. Top 5 pick bad perhaps. Even if LeBron stays though, the Pistons' salary dumps should pay major dividends this offseason. They will field a truly awful lineup for the remainder of the season, but at least DeMar DeRozan will get minutes, and they'll get a nicer draft pick.

Cavaliers Get:
Richard Hamilton 2009-10: 55 games | 35.6 MPG | 20.6 PPG | 3.4 RPG | 4.3 APG | 0.1 BPG | 0.8 SPG | 2.2 TOPG | .434 FG%
Antonio McDyess 2009-10: 48 games | 28.8 MPG | 7.5 PPG | 4.0 RPG | 0.8 APG | 0.4 BPG | 0.1 SPG | 1.0 TOPG | .460 FG%
Projected Starters: Mo Williams | Richard Hamilton | LeBron James | Antonio McDyess | Zydrunas Ilgauskas

Pistons Get:
JJ Hickson 2009-10: 50 games | 17.8 MPG | 6.4 PPG | 4.7 RPG | 0.6 APG | 0.5 BPG | 0.2 SPG | 0.8 TOPG | .512 FG%
Ben Wallace 2009-10: Has yet to play this season.
Projected Starters: Rodney Stuckey | Demar DeRozan | Tayshaun Prince | Jason Maxiell | Anthony Tolliver

Cavaliers Trade Grade: B | Pistons Trade Grade: A+
Lamrock

Re: [27-23] NELLIEBALL! - Trade Deadline (With 2 Blockbusters!)

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:14 pm

I changed my mind cause yellow looks bad.

And don't like the CP3 to Orlando trade. (N) Sorry.
Fresh8

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:24 pm

I love that Cavs lineup :shock: but the trade is pretty much better for Detroit.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:51 pm

Its a great trade for the Pistons as long as they don't lose all their fans for fielding one of the worst lineups in NBA history for the rest of the year. Dunno what to tell you about the Paul trade Sit.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:53 pm

I just don't like it. Paul should stay in New Orleans.
Fresh8

Postby Lightning Strike on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:56 pm

I on the other hand, love trades like that. It's not completely unfair since both sides actually get a lot out of it, and CP3 was demanding a trade anyway.
Lightning Strike

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:06 pm

Lightning Strike wrote:I on the other hand, love trades like that. It's not completely unfair since both sides actually get a lot out of it, and CP3 was demanding a trade anyway.

Just not CP3... :lol: Would have loved D Wade and Bosh together though.
Fresh8

Postby |)e8* on Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Wow the trades are huge but Im not diggin the Cp3 trade
Thank you maksie for this kick-ass sig
|)e8*

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame