NELLIEBALL! | Finished.

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [27-23] NELLIEBALL! - Rookie-Sophomore Game Recap!

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:46 am

Lol, the lamp is back :P What a game by Rubio!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:57 am

Make the lamp a feature of all your pictures! :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Martti. on Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:23 am

Wow, your players did very well.

The lamp has become a serious part of this association. :P
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Clutch on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:53 am

-Damn, it is so hard to stay motivated during ASW.

i know the feeling but so far so good; nice to see Rubio doing well (no wonder the Nash/Rubio combo seemed familiar to me with my short-lived Suns - you already had the tandem going on!); they're better as Warriors ;)

The 'Meal Ticket' is amazing!
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:20 am

Lightning Strike, You got it. I don't know, it's just kind of hard to be motivated to play the rookie challenge and ASG. Not to mention, I had to make a workaround, as the game doesn't occur in 2K9's association mode. The trade deadline is a couple days after the all-star game, and some big trades are made, which may or may not include my Warriors. Thanks for following. (Y)

dare019, Thanks man. Meal Ticket had a big game, but I didn't want all-star weekend to go down like in my Hawks dynasty where my guys won everything, so I made sure to share the ball. 3pt and dunk contests should be up this weekend.

Valor, Salary dump... And its not the last one this year either. Makes the Nuggets more dangerous though.

thierryhenry50, Yep. Its a shame the Rookies didn't win in a sense, because he was awesome.

Sit, Nope. Its like Creed on The Office: funny in moderation

Martti., Yeah, they combined for 41 points, 19 assists, 15 rebounds, 6 blocks and 5 steals. (Y)

Clutch, Oh yeah, I forgot that you got Rubio too. It's a shame your Suns went south. It was an excellent dynasty. It is a bit hard to balance their minutes, and I sometimes have to go with a dreaded two-point guard lineup (the same kind of lineup that cost the Nuggets the championship last season). Couldn't be more set at the position though.

Meal Ticket may be struggling in real life, but here he is on his way to becoming the next KG. Still lovin' the nickname.
Lamrock

Postby hova- on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:19 pm

Sweet recap of the Rookie Sophs game. I also find it not that cool to recap the ASG but in 2k10 in can be kind of fun as I set the sliders to no D and make it a dunkfest more or less and thus see many new and nice animations.

Looking forward to the deals.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Gilbert Sinks Final Money Ball To Edge Out Lewis 20-19 In 3-Point Shootout

Dallas, TX; February 13, 2010 - Rashard Lewis avenged his embarrassing tiebreaker loss to Daequan Cook in last year's three point shootout finals by defeating him in a tiebreaker this yea. Unfortunately for the fourth-time participant, the tiebreaker was for the first round. Lewis would fall a point short in the finals to Washington's Gilbert Arenas. Arenas was the runner-up to Dirk Nowitzki in 2006, and Jason Kapono in 2007. Looks like third time's a charm for the sharpshooter.

Arenas was the inaugural participant in the contest, and after scoring just 2 of 6 in his first rack, bounced back to score 20/24 for the final four racks, finishing with an intimidating 22 points. Memphis's Kelenna Azubuike was next, scoring a serviceable 16, while Rashard Lewis followed up with 14. The Pacers' Martell Webster failed to make a single shot in the first two racks, and would finish with a paltry 7 points, clinching a spot in the finals for Arenas. Bargnani had 11 going into the final rack, but choked, missing all but 1 shot, locking up a spot for Azubuike. Reigning champion Cook started hot, scoring 9 of 12 in the first two racks, but cooled considerably in the next two racks. Luckily, he hit the final money ball to score 14, yielding a tiebreaker between himself and Lewis.

Lewis shot well in the tiebreaker, scoring a very solid 17. Cook's shooting in the first two racks was an inverse of his original performance, as he suffered a 3/12 start. Cook would shoot 12/18 the rest of the way, including 5/6 in the final rack, but it was too little, too late. Lewis continued his hot streak into the next round, scoring an excellent 19/30. Azubuike struggled, scoring 2/6 on all five racks, giving him just 10 points. In the end, it was up to Gilbert Arenas to decide the contest's outcome. Arenas scored 15/24 in the first two racks, meaning he would need at least 5 points to defeat Lewis or 4 to tie. He sunk the first two shots, but cursed as he bricked the third. He banked the fourth shot, giving him 18 with just the 2-point money ball remaining. The entire crowd took a deep breath as the ball sailed through the air. After what seemed like an eternity, the ball swished through the net, and Arenas won the 2010 three-point shootout.

Arenas was ecstatic about the victory. "In 2006 I was robbed because Dirk [Nowitzki] made that shot after the buzzer, and in 2007 nobody could stop that white dude [Kapono]. This is a sign of things to come. Next, all-star game MVP, then league MVP, then, championship. This year. That's right, you heard it, this year". The Wizards, 23-30, are currently two games out of a playoff spot. This year's contest was unique as it was done on an outdoor court. The court, though located in Dallas, was modeled after New York's Rucker Park. Tonight's dunk contest will also take place on this court, weather permitting.

First Round In Pictures
Image Image Image Image
Arenas: 22 | Azubuike: 16 | Lewis: 14 | Webster: 7
Image Image Image Image
Bargnani: 12 | Cook: 14 | TIEBREAKER: Lewis: 17 | Cook: 15

Final Round In Pictures
Image Image Image
Lewis: 19 | Azubuike: 10 | Arenas: 20
Last edited by Lamrock on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Lamrock wrote:
"In 2006 I was robbed because Dirk [Nowitzki] made that shot after the buzzer, and in 2007 nobody could stop that white dude [Kapono].

:lol: love that quote man
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [27-23] NELLIEBALL! - Rookie Challenge + 3-Point Shootout!

Postby dare on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:10 pm

Oh there goes my predictions, damn I missed heavily :x
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Damn it, I didn't tip Arenas. (N)
Fresh8

Postby Lightning Strike on Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Awesome, I picked 2/3 final contestants and picked Arenas to be the winner, not bad. :) I still can't believe I picked the Rookies over the Sophomores though. :x
Orlando Magic Fantasy Association
I prefer to contribute to other user's stories than spend time on my own, sorry if updates are far between.
Lightning Strike

Postby Lamrock on Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:02 am

Okay, so dunk contest comes next. Only one problem: in dunk contest mode, you are only allowed to choose from a specific list of dunkers, and Rudy is not on that list (good thing I didn't pick DeRozan to participate). This basically means that I'm having Dwight Howard replace him (due to family emergency or some shit). If anyone wants to change their prediction, go ahead. For people who picked Fernandez to win/make the finals, I will simply swap his performance for Howard's.

Regrettably, dunk contest recap will be lame. Getting good photos of dunks is difficult with 2K's clunky replay system, so I won't be able to do the cool highlight reel thing that people used to do. Oh well.

I also misreported the AMMO trade. He went to the Grizzlies, not the Wolves. Forgot that Madsen was traded in my offseason. Article is fixed now.
Lamrock

Postby Lamrock on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:50 am

Rudy Gay Edges Out LeBron In Low-Key Dunk Contest

Dallas, TX; February 13, 2010 - When Golden State's Rudy Fernandez abruptly departed due to a family emergency, the dunk contest audience gave a collective groan. Then, it was Superman to the rescue. 2008 dunk contest and 3-time participant Dwight Howard, decked out in his signature superman cape, walked on to the court. Howard yanked off the cape, and with the crowd's intrigue peaking, threw down a disappointing show-n-go, netting him 42 points from judges Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, Dominique Wilkins, Julius Erving and Darryl Dawkins. Unfortunately, that would set the stage for what was to come.

Rudy Gay followed that up with a savvy Return of 'Nique dunk, yielding four 9's (and a ten from Wilkins himself). Derrick Rose was up next, earning a 41 for a simple Rock the Cradle dunk. LeBron James, the man everyone was waiting to see, failed to wow crowds, as he did almost the exact same dunk as Rose, receiving a generous 40 points. Dwight received all 9's on his second dunk, with a neat Zi-Animal, giving him 87 for the round. Gay followed it up with the first 50 of the contest: an awesome Reach For The Sky jam. The score gave him 96 total and a clinched spot in the finals. D-Rose recovered from his average first dunk with a Dwight Special. The dunk scored a 48, ironically eliminating its namesake from the contest. LeBron was last, and received a controversial 50 for his Eye To The Sky dunk over an oil barrel, securing a spot in the finals with Gay.

The final round began with a fairly unspectacular Reach Back dunk by LeBron, which scored 42, but actually received a few boos from the crowd. Gay responded with a fantastic J-Smoove dunk, receiving two 10s, two 9s and a token 8 from Dr. J. James responded with a solid "For The Win" dunk, which got him 45 points. Needing 42 points to win, Gay threw down an electrifying "Spiked Punch" dunk. Gay looked at the scores with a shocked look on his face, as he only scored 43. However, that was enough, as the Grizzlies star became the 2010 Sprite Slam Dunk champion, brought to you by Sprite. Obey your thirst!

First Round In Pictures
Dwight Howard | First Dunk: 42; Second Dunk: 45; Total: 87
Image Image

Rudy Gay | First Dunk: 46; Second Dunk: 50; Total: 96
Image Image

Derrick Rose | First Dunk: 41; Second Dunk: 48; Total: 89
Image Image

LeBron James | First Dunk: 40; Second Dunk: 50; Total: 90
Image Image

Second Round In Pictures
LeBron James | First Dunk: 42; Second Dunk: 45; Total: 87
Image Image

Rudy Gay | First Dunk: 46; Second Dunk: 43; Total: 89
Image Image
Last edited by Lamrock on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamrock

Re: [27-23] NELLIEBALL! - All-Star Saturday (Dunk Contest Up!)

Postby dare on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:57 am

Damn missed my predictions again :x
dare
True kings have rings

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:00 pm

Madsen sucks anyways.

And go Rudy Gay. (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Lightning Strike on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:17 pm

Haha, loved the plug in for Sprite at the end, good writing. :lol: How did Rudy Gay beat Lebron James in a dunking contest? That was unexpected, but not impossible, as proven. :P All-Star weekend over mate, you can relax into the regular season again now!
I prefer to contribute to other user's stories than spend time on my own, sorry if updates are far between.
Lightning Strike

Postby Clutch on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:57 pm

HAH! Glad Rudy Gay held off LBJ for the win :)

love your ASW coverage - simple but effective (and I know you're itchin' to be on with the rest of the season)
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:13 pm

Ah, I wanted Bron to win!
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:18 pm

:lol: Rudy Gay always disappoints in real life but wins it in the virtual world
looking forward to the All Star Game Recap :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Martti. on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:02 am

I'm glad that Gay won, although I don't remember who I predicted. :P
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lamrock on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:58 am

Kobe Hits Game-Winner As West Edges Out East In Thriller
Dirk Nowitzki wins MVP with 32 points and 15 rebounds
West 142, East 140

Dallas, TX; February 14, 2010 - Kobe Bryant may have been the hero of the game, but it was home-team all-star Dirk Nowitzki who stole the show at the 59th NBA All-Star Game. The packed crowd of nearly 80,000 gathered at the Alamodome got to see quite a show. Behind a huge game by Dirk, and a clutch jumper from Kobe Bryant, the Western Conference All-Stars narrowly defeated the Eastern Conference All-Stars 142-140.

Coaches Nate McMillan (West) and Doc Rivers (East) are not known to run up-tempo offenses, but both sides came out firing, combining to score 72 points on 64% shooting in the first quarter. The second quarter saw the East, led by LeBron and Dwyane Wade, go on a 22-3 run, and finish the half with a decent 82-65 lead. In the third quarter, Dirk took control, hitting a trio of treys, getting the West squad back in the game. Chris Paul threw a myriad of alley-oops, and the West had nearly closed the gap, when Michael Redd scored 10 of his fifteen in a 14-5 East run to close the quarter still up 11 points.

The fourth quarter saw the two teams trade runs. Whenever the West all-stars would come close to taking their first lead since the first quarter, the East would go on a small run. Off of Dirk's fifth (of six) three-pointers, the Western Conference took a 128-127 lead with 4:20 (Rasheed Wallace's favorite time) left in the quarter. The two sides traded baskets until Joe Johnson scored all three of his points with a clutch long ball, putting the East up 138-136 with 40 seconds left. Chris Bosh tied it with an easy two off a Paul assist, but Dwight Howard answered back with a dunk of his own. McMillan called a timeout. The play was to go through Blazer star Brandon Roy. The East anticipated this, and double-teamed the fourth-year guard. He passed out of the double-team to Kobe, who hit an open jumper with 3.5 seconds remaining. The East had no timeouts, and LeBron missed a heave to end the game.

Image Image
Dirk Nowitzki Lit Up The 2008 DPOtY All Night | LeBron Had A Game-High 35 Points

With a team high 32 points, and a game high 15 rebounds, Dallas Maverick Dirk Nowitzki received a standing ovation as he won All-Star game MVP. The Mavericks may not be seeing postseason action this year in such a competitive Western Conference, but at least the German forward will have something to add to the trophy case this year. LeBron James, the presumptive MVP of the game had the East won, was visibly upset following the loss. Miami's Dwyane Wade commented "I don't know why he's so upset. It's an exhibition game.

Though the West won, the East still lead the all-time series 35-25. Dirk Nowitzki is the first European player to win the NBA All-Star Game MVP award. After the game, said that he was pleased with this year's All-Star Weekend, and that he would like to see it played in similarly large venues in the future. Next year's All-Star game, the 60th, will take place in Staples Center, being hosted by the Lakers and Clippers. Happy Valentines Day everybody.

EAST (35-25): 37 | 45 | 28 | 30 | 140
WEST (25-35): 35 | 30 | 34 | 43 | 142

Player Stats:

Western Conference:
Image Dirk Nowitzki (DAL): 32 points, 15 rebounds, 4 blocks, 13-25 FG, 6-10 3PT
Kobe Bryant (LAL): 20 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, hit game-winner
Chris Bosh (HOU): 17 points, 7 rebounds, 3 blocks
Chris Paul (NOH): 11 points, 13 assists, 5 rebounds, 3 steals
Brandon Roy (POR): 13 points, 5 assists
Tim Duncan (SAS): 8 points, 10 rebounds
Yao Ming (HOU): 8 points, 6 rebounds, 2 blocks
Kevin Martin (SAC): 12 points, 3-4 3PT
Kevin Durant (OKC): 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks
Deron Williams (UTA): 6 points, 3 assists
Chauncey Billups (DEN): 4 points, 7 assists
Al Jefferson (MIN): 5 rebounds

Eastern Conference:
LeBron James (CLE): 35 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 15-22 FG
Dwyane Wade: 17 points, 6 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals
Amare Stoudemire (CHI): 18 points, 10 rebounds
Kevin Garnett (BOS): 14 points, 9 rebounds
Michael Redd (MIL): 15 points, 3 rebounds, 2 assists
Dwight Howard (ORL): 10 points, 9 rebounds, 4 blocks
Rajon Rondo (BOS): 5 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds
Gilbert Arenas (WAS): 8 points, 5 assists, 3 steals
Devin Harris (NJN): 6 points, 7 assists
Paul Pierce (BOS): 7 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists
Andre Iguodala (PHI): 2 points, 4 assists
Joe Johnson (ATL) 3 points, 2 rebounds

Notes:
-Al Jefferson was the only player not to score any points.
-The trade deadline is this Thursday, February 17th.
-The Cleveland Cavaliers are rumored to be in trade talks with the Detroit Pistons regarding shooting guard Richard Hamilton.
-I played the game in 2K9, but took the pics in 2K10 because I don't like the Suns court.
-Thank goodness the ASW is over.
Last edited by Lamrock on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:59 am

If you played as the West and scored with Kobe at the end, KUDOS (Y)(Y)(Y)
Fresh8

Postby Lamrock on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:01 pm

Impressively fast reply Sit. :P Yeah, I controlled the West. Tried to get the game-winner with Roy, but Kobe was open, and Roy wasn't. Was really excited when it actually went in.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:03 pm

Fuck you if you drew the play for Roy. FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fresh8

Postby Lightning Strike on Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Lightning Strike wrote:Haha, loved the plug in for Sprite at the end, good writing. :lol: How did Rudy Gay beat Lebron James in a dunking contest? That was unexpected, but not impossible, as proven. :P All-Star weekend over mate, you can relax into the regular season again now!

I can't believe I forgot about the All-Star game. :|

But Jesus that's a great comeback, heart pumping with that last play? :)
Lightning Strike

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame