NELLIEBALL! | Finished.

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: [18-12] NELLIEBALL! - PLOT TWIST! + Change Your Predictions

Postby C-77 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:38 pm

That's what you get for riding a scooter lol,i he was riding a car i'm sure he would be alive right now! :mrgreen:
|Proud to be a Bedan|Bryan_C. is my cousin|Celtics & Magic fan|Pinoy Ako|

Follow me on Twitter

{♣NBA LIVE IS STILL LIVE!!♣}
C-77
We Do It For The City,We Do It for the fans

Postby Lamrock on Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:03 pm

homicide1550, Nope. He's just dead.

C-77, Some people just don't learn... Not to say he should have been driving though.
Lamrock

Postby Its_asdf on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Not a fan of the idea at all... But it is a different take on things I'll give you that.

You should put another plot twist where CSI forensic scientists actually discover that Rubio was the one who set up the accident.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Lamrock on Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:28 pm

I imagine I'm disappointing a lot of you, but I feel that dynasties suffer when people get bored and want to blow up their team. (see: my Hawks) Might as well do something different. My backcourt rotation was too clogged, and something needed to happen.

i'd do that, but then it wouldn't be unexpected.
Lamrock

Postby Martti. on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:07 pm

This is quite the plot twist. Well, it allows Rudy to play more.. Which is what Rubio wanted as he slipped a couple of roofies into Ellis' coctail. :twisted:

And if some had died in this story, I would have thought Jackson shot him..
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Clever twist but I don't like how you killed him off because I been taught never to wish death on anyone lol

But I'm stoked that Rubio will get more PT! I hope!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby kibaxx7 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:34 am

Lol, I remember doing it for a Pistons dynasty I had... Elden Campbell died of a heat stroke when playing in a court near to his house :P
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Skills on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Haha, sweet twist. I was actually thinking of using it for my old Blazers dynasty with Brandon Roy dying in a car crash to let my rookie (Stevenson?) take over the team. Your Warriors really take a hard hit though. Anyway, here's my predictions:

1/2: Vs. Kings W
1/7: Vs. Cavaliers L
1/9: Vs. Rockets L
1/11: @ Kings L
1/13: Vs. Wizards W
1/15: @ Jazz W
1/16: Vs. Blazers L
1/18: @ Nets W
1/19: @ Celtics L
1/21: @ Knicks W
1/23: @ Magic L
1/25: @ Wizards W
1/26: @ Bobcats L
1/29: Vs. Grizzlies L
1/31: Vs. Bulls W

Predicted Record (15 games):7-8

East Player of the Month (JAN): Rajon Rondo
East Rookie of the Month (JAN): James Harden
West Player of the Month (JAN): Kobe Bryant
West Rookie of the Month (JAN): Ricky Rubio

Nelliepoints Leaders (January):
1. Anthony Randolph
2. Stephen Jackson
3. Ricky Rubio
Last edited by Skills on Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skills
Man On The Moon

Postby Eirsej on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:40 pm

1/2: Vs. Kings W
1/7: Vs. Cavaliers L
1/9: Vs. Rockets W
1/11: @ Kings W
1/13: Vs. Wizards W
1/15: @ Jazz L
1/16: Vs. Blazers W
1/18: @ Nets W
1/19: @ Celtics L
1/21: @ Knicks W
1/23: @ Magic L
1/25: @ Wizards W
1/26: @ Bobcats W
1/29: Vs. Grizzlies W
1/31: Vs. Bulls L

Predicted Record (15 games): 10-5

East Player of the Month (JAN): Dwayne Wade
East Rookie of the Month (JAN): James Harden
West Player of the Month (JAN): Kobe Bryant
West Rookie of the Month (JAN): Ricky Rubio

Nelliepoints Leaders (January):
1. Stephen Jackon
2. Anthony Randolph
3. Rudy Fernandez
Eirsej

Postby Lamrock on Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:43 am

Nellieball Chronicles

Chapter 3: From Despair To Where?

To say the untimely death of Monta Ellis put the Warriors in a sombre mood would be a gross understatement. There was no practice anyway on New Years day, but they had a game on the second. It was a foregone conclusion that Rudy Fernandez would be the new starting shooting guard and that Anthony Morrow would once again be the backup 2 guard. However, GM Liam Washburn also went out and signed free agent combo guard Salim Stoudamire to a one year, minimum contract to compensate for the loss.

Washburn sat at his desk, with butterflies still in his stomach. 'This changes everything', he thought. Liam could not help but look at the bright sides of the death: Over $40 million saved, enough cap to sign anyone in the 2010 sweepstakes, the ability to give his Spaniards more time. But every time he would look at the unopened Monta Ellis mixtape: "Tha Dopeboy IV" and shed a tear.

The team wasn't holding up much better. None of them had slept the previous night, and rather than their usual pre-game routine, Don Nelson was taking shots of bourbon while the players mingled. They would face the Kings in two hours, and were by no means prepared. Then, new arrival Salim Stoudamire burst through the practice facility doors.

"Hey everybody! I'm your new teammate. Sheesh, whats with you guys? Who di-...", before Salim flushed with embarrassment. [i]"I'll go get my physical...," Stoudamire trailed off.

The Oracle Arena was sold out, with dozens of "RIP Monta #8" posters being held up in the crowd. "Okay guys so apparently, I'm not coach to fit this team, so assis-assisting coach Bill Barney, sorry Ben Barney will coach tonight. G-good luck", slurred a drunk Nelson, who went to lay down in the team's locker room.

"Its Ben Bailey, and I will be your coach tonight. There will be two changes in the starting lineup. Rudy at the 2, and Darko at the 5," the assistant coach announced. "What?!", exclaimed Biedrins and Milicic in unison.

Bailey then pulled out a large stack of efficiency graphs, and went on to give the team a 45 minute lecture about John Hollinger and totalitarianism.

The team finally came out to play, and captain Jack hyped the team up. "Lets win this one for Monta!", he said in the warmup before the game. "Yeah! We will **** the other team's mothers and sisters in their *****s, *****s and *****'s!", Darko said before ripping his jersey in half.

Darko was handed another one (They always keep several backup jerseys handy for him), and they went out to play. Darko won the tip, but the score at the end of the first quarter was Sacramento 30, Golden State 17. The crowd was as loud as ever, but the team chemistry was completely off. Darko was 0-7. The dismal play continued into the second quarter, with the Kings taking a 56-40 halftime lead.

Finally, Bailey decided to put in Beans, and the team started to gel. Anthony Randolph went on a scoring tear, scoring 13 of his 25 in the third period, and surprising sub Anthony Morrow came off the bench to score 17. Stephen Jackson sunk a three at the end of regulation to tie it at 107, sending it to overtime. Anthony Randolph completely outclassed Carlos Boozer, and Stephen Jackson shut down Kevin Martin as the Warriors pulled off the comeback victory, 121-115. The team received a standing ovation. Jackson took off his jersey and started showing off his gun tattoo.

'We might just be okay', Liam thought to himself. He then noticed a new email in his inbox from an anonymous sender. "I know what you do in your spare time. It would be such awful timing for it to get out hot on the heals of your team's star player dying. Meet me tomorrow at the Embarcadero tomorrow at 3PM and we'll discuss how much my silence is worth. I shall be wearing a top hat." 'Shit,' Liam thought, jotting down the details.

In the locker room, the buzz was almost as great as Game 6 of the 2007 Western Conference Quarterfinals. Stephen Jackson acted out the events of the game, but sustituting the ball for a loaded gun. "Safety's on", the captain assured the team, before it went off, missing Anthony Morrow's head by an inch. Meanwhile, Ricky Rubio and Rudy Fernandez were talking to each other in Spanish, talking about "baloncesto" and "el senor Monta".

As the night went on however, reality started to set in again for the players. They started to realize that things would never be quite the game again. Ellis's funeral was held several days later, on the fifth, in North Carolina. It was arranged for the Warriors to be there. Additionally, Monta's friends and family, former NLSC poster and friend of Monta, Axel, along with Baron Davis and David Stern were present. Oddly, Liam Washburn was not there, and Nelson claimed he hadn't seen the general manager for days. They shrugged it off and went to the funeral afterparty.
Lamrock

Re: [19-12] NELLIEBALL! - PLOT TWIST! + Chapter 3

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:14 am

Good read. (Y)

My favorite chapter so far!
Fresh8

Postby Martti. on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Classic Darko.. :D
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby jonthefon on Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:31 pm

""Safety's on", the captain assured the team, before it went off, missing Anthony Morrow's head by an inch."

Gold.
jonthefon
Fucking pissed off.

Postby Valor on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:34 pm

Great Chapter here Lamrock, whats with Darko starting though...?
wondering what's happening to GM Washburn now, he got kidnapped or something? :P
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby kibaxx7 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:05 am

Lamrock wrote:"Yeah! We will **** the other team's mothers and sisters in their *****s, *****s and *****'s!", Darko said before ripping his jersey in half. Darko was handed another one (They always keep several backup jerseys handy for him)

Supreme :P
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby john26 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:42 pm

may i ask how did you edit the draft class?
john26

Postby Skills on Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:32 am

Darko and Captain Jack... :applaud:
Great read as usual. Though I wonder where Washburn is... :?
Skills
Man On The Moon

Postby Lamrock on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:25 am

Glad this last chapter was well-received. Sorry the updates have been so sporadic. 2K9 hasn't been at the top of my gaming priority list. I doubt I'm getting 2K10, so I will finish this, no matter how long it takes. Stay tuned.

john26, You turn the option "Edit Draft Prospects" in the Association Settings menu on, then go to Scouting -> Prospect List, and select a prospect. You can edit everything except their appearance.
Lamrock

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:57 am

2K10 looks interesting but don't think I will get it. Would want to use that my-player mode in an association but may end up dodgy... :lol:
Fresh8

Postby john26 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Lamrock, ok thanks. What do you mean appearance? Like height, weight, tone and build?
john26

Postby Lamrock on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:56 pm

You can edit the height, tone and build, but not the facial features, skin complexion, or, oddly, weight. (i.e. if you turn a skinny 5'11 PG into a hulking 7'5 monster. his listed weight will stay the same)
Lamrock

Postby john26 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:37 pm

^^ok thank you very much
john26

Postby Rudy on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:07 am

Eh, I kill Kobe. He is dead. And his body go to saucepan for make a delicious people frying. "Nam'ı diğer insan kızartması" :P
Rudy

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:28 am

What up guys? Sorry I haven't updated in a couple months. I sort of completely lost interest in it. However, I'm considering starting it back up soon for your reading pleasure. Thing is, i'm getting 2K10 tomorrow, and am tempted to convert this dynasty to that game. If I don't care for 2K10, it doesn't work out, or I find another calling, I will either continue with 2K9 or retire this.

Just wanted to check in with an update, and hopefully help kick-start the association section again. And get me one reply away from page 6
Lamrock

Re: [19-12] NELLIEBALL! - On Hold

Postby Lamrock on Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:26 pm

So NBA 2K10 has revealed itself to be a piece of shit, and so at least until the patch and a good set of sliders, Nellieball is back on. Just reread the whole thing - too much work to go to waste. Lots of typos in there as well, but its rather remarkable that I mentioned a Pavement reunion, and since then one has been announced.

Anyway, I hope to get some hype back into this. Nellieball is back!
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame