NELLIEBALL! | Finished.

A collection of memorable stories from NBA 2K's franchise and career modes.

Re: NELLIEBALL! - Season Preview + Prediction Game

Postby magician on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:34 am

@ Grizzlies W
Vs. Hornets W
Vs. Nuggets L
@ Raptors L
@ CavaliersL
@ Bulls W
@ Pistons W
Vs. Spurs L
Vs. Mavericks W
@ Suns L
Vs. Pacers L
@ Wolves W
Vs. Lakers L
Vs. Nuggets L
@ Thunder W
@ Blazers W
Vs. Heat W
Vs. Raptors L

Predicted Record (18 games): 9 -9

East Player of the Month (NOV): Dwyane Wade
East Rookie of the Month (NOV): James Harden
West Player of the Month (NOV): Kevin Durant
West Rookie of the Month (NOV): Ricky Rubio

Nelliepoints Leaders:
1.Ellis
2.Jackson
3.Nash

P.S.Anthony Randolph for MVP !
magician

Postby newc on Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:49 am

@ Grizzlies W
Vs. Hornets L
Vs. Nuggets W
@ Raptors W
@ Cavaliers L
@ Bulls L
@ Pistons W
Vs. Spurs L
Vs. Mavericks W
@ Suns W
Vs. Pacers W
@ Wolves W
Vs. Lakers L
Vs. Nuggets L
@ Thunder W
@ Blazers W
Vs. Heat L
Vs. Raptors W

Predicted Record (18 games): 11-7

East Player of the Month (NOV): L.James
East Rookie of the Month (NOV): J.Harden
West Player of the Month (NOV): P.Gasol
West Rookie of the Month (NOV): B.Griffin

Nelliepoints Leaders:
1. Biedrins
2. Nash
3. Rubio
newc

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:01 am

Nellieball Chronicles

Chapter 1: So Close, Yet So Far...

Liam Washburn was walking around the streets of Memphis with butterflies in his stomach. The Warriors' season opener was in two hours, and for nearly half the roster, it was their first real game with the team. Liam Washburn constructed the team with a series of risky move, and this game would be the first test.

After getting stared down by several people, he remembered he was wearing his Pau Gasol Lakers jersey and took it off. After more aimless strolling, he realized he was late for the game. When he finally arrived at the FedEx forum, he did not like what he saw.

The scoreboard read: Memphis 37, Golden State 16. The game was a total fiasco. Brandan Wright was lighting up his former team, while Steve Nash was just awful. He went to the bathroom to vomit and cry, and noticed that the crowd was getting quieter. He came back out and it was the third quarter: Memphis 73, Golden State 68. Just then, Anthony Randolph hit a three, showing off the skill he had been working on all summer.

After that, the game was a thrilling back-and-forth matchup, until it came down to one final moment. Rudy Gay sunk a three-pointer to get 30 points, and put Memphis up by one point: 116-115 with 5.5 seconds left. Don Nelson took a timeout and planned out an intricate play. Liam noticed Stephen Jackson rolling his eyes.

Steve Nash got the ball on the inbounds, and he dished it to Stephen Jackson. Monta Ellis looked at Stephen Jackson, but Jackson muttered something that looked like "fuck this" and drove into the lane for a Kobe-esque fadeaway jumper that missed horribly. The crowd exploded. The Grizzlies had defeated the Warriors in the season opener.

Captain Jack had scored 24 points in the game, but Nelson turned him down for Nelliepoints, instead giving honors to Anthony Randolph, Monta Ellis and Steve Nash. Randolph looked like the beast that everyone hoped he would be this year with 21 and 12. Monta Ellis chipped in 22 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds. Steve Nash turned his game around to score 19 points and dish 6 assists.

Liam Washburn buried his head in his hands. 'So close, yet so far...' Ricky Rubio had 4 points, 2 assists and 3 turnovers. Kelenna Azubuike scored 16 points, which he made an issue of after the game. #5 pick Stephen Curry scored 11. "Its okay, its only one game. We'll get 'em next time," Don Nelson said, reassuring the distraught Washburn.

In the locker room...

"Man, you were supposed to pass it to me Captain Crackhead. You're not Kobe," a very pissed off Monta Ellis shouted.

"I'm captain of this team. I can do whatever the fuck I want. Remember that, Stephen Jackson spat back.

"Ja, I ahm cahptain too," piped Biedrins.

"God damn it," Stephen Jackson said, pulling out a gun.

"Hey, how did you get that gun through security?", rookie Chase Budinger asked.

"Don't worry about it," Jackson said, before accidentally pulling the trigger and breaking a lightbulb. Jackson tossed the gun into Anthony Randolph's lap and ran, sans shirt. 'Heh, they'll never suspect me', the captain said, before realizing he had another gun on him in a holster.

Three Hours Later...

"Well, its team policy: no weapons. We are going to need to suspend Randolph," said Bob, a Warriors board member.

"For one thing, I really don't think that was his. It had Stephen's finger prints on it, and we've all seen Jackson's back tattoo," Liam replied.

"Yes, but he, and all the other players say ithey saw Anthony do it. Come on Liam."

"Has it occurred to you that maybe they might be scared of Captain Jack? After all, he did pull a gun in the locker room."

"Sorry mister general manager, but thats just too far-fetched. Anthony gets suspended. That's final."

"We're terrible though. Didn't you see last night's game? We NEED Randolph! Please sir..."

"Alright Liam. I'll tell you what, he only gets suspended one game. Fair?," Bob asked, holding his hand out.

"Fair," Liam said, shaking it.

Bob then whispered in Liam's ear: "I know your secret".

Meanwhile...

Ricky Rubio was laying on his bed with the phone in his hand, talking to his good friend Rudy Fernandez.

"I know, right! Its so hard to adjust to the NBA's pace. how do you do it?," Rubio asked his former Olympic teammate.

"Oh yeah? That's good to know. Thanks Rudy! How is Portland treating you?"

"Oh really? That sucks. Only 14 minutes a game? That won't do. Hey, I have an idea!," Rubio exclaimed

"Get you traded over here! Our general manager loves me, so it should be pretty easy. He'll do anything to keep me happy... I'll just be all 'oh I can't play for a team without any other Spaniards. If you don't get Rudy Fernandez I'm going back to Joventut', haha," Rubio suggested.

"Yeah, I know Kevin Pritchard is smart, but he blew up the roster out of the blue this Summer. If Golden State makes the right deal, it can happen. I'll see what I can do."

"Hey, what are friends for? Anyway, I better go. We actually have a game in a half hour. See you in Portland in a few weeks. Later," Ricky said, hanging up the phone.
Lamrock

Re: [0-1] NELLIEBALL! - Prediction Game + Chapter 1

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:33 am

Ah, S-Jax thinks he's smart :P Tough loss man, Rudy Fernandez would be a good addition to the squad.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:51 am

Seeing Rubio speak in a video, his English is no where near as good as you wrote :D

Rudy would be a nice addition, can really shoot the rock.

Tough loss right from the start.. Love the little details,for example the Captain Jack gun obsession and Nash vomiting :D
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby magician on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:56 am

I told you..Randolph is the best player in your squad !
magician

Postby 33_ALLDAY_33 on Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:02 am

Tough loss first loss man. Randolph played great! I always liked him. Good luck in your next game.
33_ALLDAY_33

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:20 am

|---THE WARRIOR ZONE---|

Warriors Report: Oct. 29-Nov. 7

November 8, 2009, 2:18 AM - The Warriors exit their first week and a half with a neutral record of 3-3. After a heartbreaking loss in Memphis, the Warriors came back home to win a nailbiter against the Hornets, 101-99, despite playing without the injured Anthony Randolph. Their bubble was burst however, when they suffered a blowout home loss at the hands of the Denver Nuggets. Thankfully, they recovered by defeating Tracy McGrady and the Raptors thanks to a huge third quarter. This was followed up by an expected blowout loss in Cleveland. The Warriors finished the month off with a 108-95 win against Ron Artest and the Bulls to finish the week off with an acceptable 3-3 record.

Monta Ellis established himself as the star and leader of the team, by putting up 20.7 points per game. Andris Biedrins and Anthony Randolph controlled the boards, both just averaging under 10 a game. Corey Maggette is the early frontrunner for sixth man of the year, putting up 13 a night. Rookie Ricky Rubio has been inconsistent in limited minutes, but has averaged 5 points and 4 assists a night. New addition Steve Nash hasn't put up the same superstar stats as he did during his MVP days, but he has been a solid addition to the roster. Finally, Captain Jack has been himself, blowing the season opener, but leading the Warriors to victory in the home opener.

Image Image

Golden State 115 @ Memphis 116 - The Warriors opened the season with a heartbreaking loss. The Grizzlies got off to an extremely hot start, and had a 21 point lead at one point in the second quarter. The Warriors fought back and by the fourth quarter, got their first lead of the game: 95-93 with 7 minutes to go. Rudy Gay scored 13 of his 30 points in the fourth however to lead Memphis to the victory. Captain Jack had a chance to win the game at the end, but blew it with a stupid low percentage jumper.
Player Of The Game: Rudy Gay (30 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists) | Nelliepoints: 1. Randolph: (21/12/3, 8-10); 2. Ellis (22/5/7); 3. Nash (19/2/6)

New Orleans 99 @ Golden State 101 - After losing to Memphis, most people, including myself, had expected the Warriors to lose their home opener against the Hornets, a playoff team. However, they had control most of the game and managed to take the W. Golden State entered the fourth quarter up by 7 points, but a pair of Stojakovic 3's put the game within one. After that, it was a tug-of-war for the game. In the end, Golden State got a 4 point lead in the dying seconds, and managed to win by sinking their free throws. In the loss, Peja Stojakovic had 22 points, and Chris Paul had 20 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists. Stephen Jackson redeemed himself to win player of the game honors.
Player Of The Game: Stephen Jackson (25 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assists) | Nelliepoints: 1. Jackson (25/5/2); 2. Ellis: 15/6/4; 3. Nash: 16/2/5

Image Image

Denver 109 @ Golden State 89 - Coming off an exciting win against the Hornets, the Warriors came back home to get torched by another dominant point guard. Chauncey Billups scored 34 points and dished 8 assists, as the Nuggets blew out Golden State by 20 in the Oracle. Denver took a 34-21 lead at the end of the first, and never looked back. Stephen Jackson was shut down, being limited to 8 points on 3-11 shooting, and the Warriors couldn't buy a basket all night.
Player Of The Game: Chauncey Billups (34 points, 8 assists, 3 rebounds, 3 steals) | Nelliepoints: 1. Ellis (19/3/1); 2. Maggette (13/7/4); 3. Randolph (9/11/3)

Golden State 111 @ Toronto 103 - The Raptors, fresh off a trade that sent franchise player Chris Bosh to Toronto in exchange for former Raptor Tracy McGrady has been a surprisingly beneficial one, lighting a fire under both T-Mac and the Raptors' asses. However, a determined Warriors team came in and shut them down. T-Mac started the game out hot, while Trevor Ariza rained threes and Jose Calderon efficiently made plays. The Raptors had a 7 point lead at the half. using a 17-4 run, the Warriors took a third quarter lead, and would never look back. Monta Ellis had an excellent game with a season-high 32 points, and is looking more and more like a franchise player. McGrady was played well by Captain Jack and scored 16 points on poor 5-17 shooting.
Player Of The Game: Monta Ellis (32 points, 5 assists, 2 rebounds) | Nelliepoints: 1. Ellis (32/2/5); 2. Randolph (24/6/2); 3. Nash (15/2/10)

Image Image

Golden State 84 @ Cleveland 117 - The Warriors once again followed up a victory with a big loss. The Warriors came into Cleveland determined, but left embarrassed and hurt. On the back of MVP LeBron James' 42 points, 13 rebounds and 12 assists, the Warriors were ran out of the building. Corey Maggette scored a season-high 20 points, but young stars Anthony Randolph and Monta Ellis were non-factors. The loss dropped the Warriors to 2-3, and showed just how far we are from contending. Terrible loss.
Player Of The Game: LeBron James (42 points, 13 rebounds, 12 assists) | Nelliepoints: 1. Nash (18/1/8); 2. Maggette (20/2/2); 3. Jackson (17/2/4)

Golden State 108 @ Chicago 95 - The Warriors continue to frustratingly alternate wins and losses. There win in Chicago was a great one though. Overcoming Ron Artest's 24, and Derrick Rose's 21, Golden State marched in to Chicago and took control. Thanks to the frontcourt's dominance on the boards, and Monta Ellis scoring 28, the Warriors outscored Chicago the entire way. Despite Artest's lockdown D on Monta, he could not be stopped, and is sneaking into all-star conversations. Ricky Rubio had his best NBA game to date, scoring a career high 9 points, and dishing a career high 5 assists. Rubio hasn't put up superstar numbers yet, but his PER36 numbers of 12.3 PPG, 8.9 APG and 3.4 SPG are impressive. With the win, Golden State improves to 3-3 on the year.
Player Of The Game: Monta Ellis (28 points, 4 assists) | Nelliepoints: 1. Ellis (28/0/4); 2. Randolph: 18/12/3; 3. Biedrins: 11/13/3

NBA News

Image Image Image <---> Image Image Image

The Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Clippers have agreed in principle to a trade that will send Andrei Kirilenko and Ike Diogu to LA in exchange for DeAndre Jordan and Zach Randolph. The Jazz frontcourt was gutted this offseason when they failed to resign all three of their high-profile free agents. (Carlos Boozer, Paul Millsap and Mehmet Okur) This move was a panic move, taking a risk on the team cancer Randolph. Z-Bo puts up big numbers, but is very inefficient and everyone seems to hate him. The acquisition of Jordan, a project Center, could end up being the highlight of the trade. Meanwhile, the Clippers get rid of Randolph, get a far better player in AK-47 and can now start rookie sensation Blake Griffin.
Clippers Trade Grade: A+ | Jazz Trade Grade: D

Nelliepoints Standings:
1. Monta Ellis: 13
2. Anthony Randolph: 8
3. Steve Nash: 6

T4. Stephen Jackson: 4
T4. Corey Maggette: 4
6. Andris Biedrins: 1

Pacific Division Standings:
Lakers 3-1
Kings 3-3
Warriors 3-3
Suns 2-4
Clippers 1-5

There's the first update. Tell me what you think and how I can improve it. I want to refine it, make it quicker to make and more original. Would love suggestions.
Lamrock

Re: [3-3] NELLIEBALL! - Oct. 29-Nov. 7 Recap

Postby 33_ALLDAY_33 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:00 am

Great week man. Personally, I think everything looks great. I would like to the NBA News in a different post than your recaps though just so everythign isn't bunched into one post. But other than that everything is great. Keep it up man (Y)
33_ALLDAY_33

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:12 am

Thanks man. I might put NBA News in a different quote. I'm doing month recaps as well, with a more in-depth NBA news section, so I just tack it on to the weekly recap whenever something happens.

I'm fairly pleased with it myself, but I'm not sure about readability or that its too similar to Thierryhenry's, or Chaser7's 08 Warriors dynasty...
Lamrock

Postby Its_asdf on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:40 pm

The Raptors, fresh off a trade that sent franchise player Chris Bosh to Toronto in exchange for former Raptor Tracy McGrady

Oh god, I'm sure any Raptor fan would die of cardiac arrest if that were to happen. Randolph for MIP? He sure as hell gets my vote. Any plans on trading away Jackson/Maggette?
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Lamrock on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:56 pm

Yep, it was a pretty awful trade - At least Toronto got Scola. :| Randolph for MIP is the backup goal if we fail to do anything of substance. I am considering dealing Spaggette, but aside of him and Belinelli, I'm satisfied with my roster. Thanks for checking in.
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Lamrock wrote:I'm fairly pleased with it myself, but I'm not sure about readability or that its too similar to Thierryhenry's, or Chaser7's 08 Warriors dynasty...

Hey man, it's cool. (Y) I tend to write a lot of recaps for my stories. I like your layout.
× Watching:
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Randolph is playing good for ya (Y)

How many of the games are you simming?

Good layout. I like it.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:02 pm

|---THE WARRIOR ZONE---|

Warriors Report: Nov. 8-Nov.14

November 15, 2009, 12:45 AM - Last time I posted a Warriors report, the Warriors were at .500. One week later that is still the case. The month began with Golden State earning their first consecutive victory by defeating the Pistons in Detroit, 103-98. This finished a 3-1 road trip. Unfortunately, they came back home and were defeated by the more experienced Spurs, though they put up a good fight. They then followed this up by proving they still had the Mavericks' number by destroying them by 24 at the Oracle. The week finished with a loss at the hands of the Phoenix Suns, Steve Nash's old team. A solid game by Nash was not enough, as the Suns outlasted them for a 115-108 victory, and set Golden State back to a 5-5 record.

Monta Ellis continued to be the Warriors' star, once again averaging around 20 points a night. Anthony Randolph has been solid, but inconsistent with his scoring. However, he is still just 20 years old, and the season is still young. He has been able to maintain an efficient .534 field goal percentage. Steve Nash has been putting up similar numbers to his Dallas days, averaging around 15 points and 7 assists. Ricky Rubio is seeing about 20 MPG, and is way overdue for some Nelliepoints. The Warriors face two playoff teams and two lottery teams this coming week, so don't be surprised if by next week's additing of the Warriors Report, we are still .500. Keep believing!

Image Image

Golden State 103 @ Detroit 98 - Corey Maggette led the Warriors with 22 points off the bench, and used an all-around solid effort to defeat the Pistons. The Warriors took a 30-24 lead after the first, and a 57-47 halftime lead. However, Detroit came back in the third, to cut it to 2 going into the fourth. Captain Jack scored 10 of his 20 in the fourth to help hold off the home team Pistons however, and the Warriors took it 103-98. Despite the win, Monta Ellis and Anthony Randolph struggled with 12 and 7 points respectively.
Player Of The Game: Corey Maggette (22 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist) | Nelliepoints: 1. Maggette (22/2/1); 2. Nash (17/2/7); 3. Jackson (20/1/2)
RECORD: 4-3

San Antonio 104 @ Golden State 96 - The Warriors, finally above .500 for the first time this season, got their bubble burst when the San Antonio Spurs came to town. Golden State managed to stay in the game early on, overcoming stifling defense to be down just 4 going after the first, and 3 at the half. In the third quarter, Tony Parker came alive, scoring 12 straight points by himself to put the game out of reach for the Warriors. Golden State managed to cut the lead to single digits during garbage time, but the game was more lopsided than the close score suggests. Bruce Bowen was injured in the game, halting a trade that would send him, along with (Oh Boy!) Oberto and Kurt Thomas to Milwaukee for Richard Jefferson.
Player Of The Game: Tony Parker (32 points, 5 assists, 3 rebounds) | Nelliepoints: 1. Ellis (22/2/7); 2. Jackson (17/5/1); 3. Randolph (14/7/3)
RECORD: 4-4

Image Image

Dallas 84 @ Golden State 108 - Well this was a massacre. The Mavericks came in to Golden State confident, but then it was like 2007 all over again. It was great. Dirk Nowitzki was completely shut down, and everyone was raining threes. Even Ricky Rubio made one! Golden State puts this one away early, winning the first quarter 33-18, and never looked back. Dallas never could get into the game, as they were booed into submission, and suffered an embarrassing 24 point loss. Marcus Williams did his part to make Golden State feel good about trading him by putting up a suck differential of +3 and helped improve the value of the draft pick Golden State acquired this year.
Player Of The Game: Monta Ellis (25 points, 3 assists, 2 rebounds) | Nelliepoints: 1. Ellis (25/2/3); 2. Nash (17/0/10); 3. Randolph (18/6/4)
RECORD: 5-4

Golden State 108 @ Phoenix 115 - Steve Nash came into Phoenix with the intention of making his former team pay. Led by impressive rookie point guard Jrue Holiday, the Suns managed to weather the storm and pull out with the win. The game was close in the first quarter, with the Warriors winning that period 32-30. A 10-2 run to finish the half put Phoenix up 5. The third period saw Phoenix go up by double digits. Golden State's stud backcourt of Nash and Monta Ellis helped the Warriors get back in the game, and within 7 going into the fourth period. Ultimately, the Warriors just couldn't get enough stops in the fourth quarter and could never close the gap. STAT's 32 points showed holes in the Warriors post defense.
Player Of The Game: Amare Stoudemire (32 points, 8 rebounds, 4 blocks) | Nelliepoints: 1. Nash (17/3/9); 2. Ellis (19/3/2); 3. Biedrins (12/8/1)
RECORD: 5-5

Nelliepoints Standings:
1. Monta Ellis: 21
2. Steve Nash: 13
3. Anthony Randolph: 10

T4. Stephen Jackson: 7
T4. Corey Maggette: 7
6. Andris Biedrins: 2

Lakers 6-2
Kings 5-4
Warriors 5-5
Suns 4-5
Clippers 1-8
Lamrock

Re: [5-5] NELLIEBALL! - RECAP: Nov. 8-Nov. 14

Postby 33_ALLDAY_33 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:20 pm

Very decent record. Couldnt ask for anything better. Nash looks great in a warriors jersey too, like he belongs there haha. The Kings are actually doing well :shock:
33_ALLDAY_33

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Meh, wouldn't mind having 6-4 after losing that winnable season opener in Memphis, but yeah, its solid. I like that I'm not in the top 3 of my conference right off the bat like all my other dynastassociations. The Kings are decent since they got Boozer, Tyreke Evans and Kirk Hinrich in the offseason. Thanks for checking in. :)
Lamrock

Postby Its_asdf on Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Nice work with the recaps once again, I'd say that once you trade away Maggette for a more consistent scorer to round up your lineup the wins will come a lot easier. It looks like Randolph's mental toughness (or lack thereof) is kicking in again as his production dipped a bit from last week.

I always hate losing games where you have a player face off against a former team (referring to Nash and the Suns), but it seemed like you had a solid week overall especially with that win over Dallas.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Maggette is consistent, what you talking about? He keeps chucking every game! :)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Lamrock on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:32 pm

If I hadn't already acquired him already, I would have traded him for Darko!
Lamrock

Postby kibaxx7 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:31 am

Suck differential (Y)
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Martti. on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:19 am

Nash has a face like someone bit him in the ass. Decent record also.
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:12 am

|---THE WARRIOR ZONE---|

Warriors Report: Nov. 15-Nov.24

November 24, 2009, 11:56 PM - The Warriors have managed to finally get two games above .500 this past week. It started with them squeaking out a narrow win against Greg Oden, Martell Webster and the new-look Pacers. They then went to Minnesota and made quick work of the Timberwolves, improving to 7-5. They were brought back down to earth when they went to Staples Center and got trampled in an embarassing 130-96 defeat. Fortunately, they were able to salvage that winning record with a win over Denver. With 4 games left in the month, they are 8-6.

Ricky Rubio continues to gradually see increased playing time. He picked up his first Nelliepoints in the Warriors win over Indiana. Stephen Jackson is moving up the Nelliepoints rankings, and figures to be in the top 3 for this month. Steve Nash has been scoring 16 points a game, but averaging a disappointing 7 dimes a game. Andris Biedrins and Anthony Randolph have been inconsistent scorers, but have done their part to crash the boards so far. Corey Maggette has been playing fairly well as of late, but is rumored to be on the trading block. Monta Ellis has been stepping up his scoring, but it seems to me that the Warriors need a franchise player.

Image Image

Indiana 103 @ Golden State 107 - The Indiana Pacers look like a stronger squad following the Danny Granger trade, scoring two potential all-stars in Oden and Webster. Visiting the Oracle, Indiana gave the Warriors a run for their money, going up 28-20 at the end of the first and leading 54-44 at the half. It took a 21-4 run by the Warriors, with Ricky Rubio manning the point, to take control of the game. The fourth quarter was hard-fought, but the Warriors managed to hold on to a slight lead and pulled off the four point win.
Player Of The Game: Monta Ellis (25 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists) | Nelliepoints: 1. Ellis (25/4/3); 2. Rubio (15/6/7); 3. Jackson (17/3/5)
RECORD: 6-5

Golden State 119 @ Minnesota 109 - The Warriors entered Minnesota expecting an easy victory. Former Warrior Jamal Crawford had other plans. The Warriors dominated the first half, winning it 64-47 behind Corey Maggette's surprisingly strong play. However, Jamal Crawford led a 32-21 third quarter to get back into it. In the fourth, Crawford's shots stopped falling and everyone remembered why they called him "crawful" back when he was in the Bay Area. The home team managed to close it to ten points in the dying seconds, but Golden State clearly won comfortably.
Player Of The Game: Corey Maggette (27 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists) | Nelliepoints: 1. Maggette (27/6/3); 2. Ellis (25/2/2); 3. Nash (19/3/10)
RECORD: 7-5

Image Image

Golden State 96 @ Los Angeles Lakers 130 - 34 points. This blowout reminded us of last year and just how far we are from being contenders. The Lakers dominated from the first quarter on and never let up. Kobe Bryant kept posterizing Stephen Jackson and which ever fool tried to play help defense, while Pau Gasol was unstoppable in the post. Golden State's offense wasn't too bad, but their defensive "effort" was an atrocity. Hopefully this game sends GM Washburn the message that this team isn't just fine the way it is.
Player Of The Game: Kobe Bryant (44 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists) | Nelliepoints: 1. Ellis (24/3/3); 2. Maggette (22/3/2); 3. Jackson (14/5/7)
RECORD: 7-6

Denver 108 @ Golden State 121 - The Warriors managed to rebound from that crushing loss in LA to defeat the Nuggets. The first quarter was very close, with Denver taking it 26-25. A pair of threes by seldom used rookie Chase Budinger aided a 13-3 run to put the Warriors on top. That 5 point lead would only grow as the game progressed on. With 7 minutes left in the fourth quarter, the lead was 21, with the Warriors carrying all the momentum. They decided to rest their starters, but George Karl kept his in. Chauncey Billups led the charge that made it a single digit game with under 3 minutes to play. Golden State's starters came back in, and a three-point play by Monta Ellis sealed the deal.
Player Of The Game: Stephen Jackson (25 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists) | Nelliepoints: 1. Jackson (25/4/4); 2. Randolph (14/15/3); 3. Ellis (21/3/5)
RECORD: 8-6

Nelliepoints Standings:
1. Monta Ellis: 30
2. Steve Nash: 14
T-3. Anthony Randolph: 12
T-3. Stephen Jackson: 12
T-3. Corey Maggette: 12

T-6. Andris Biedrins: 2
T-6. Ricky Rubio: 2

Lakers 8-5
Kings 7-5
Warriors 8-6
Suns 6-7
Clippers 2-11

NBA News:

Image Image <---> Image Image Image Image

The Spurs and Bucks have agreed to a trade that will send Richard Jefferson to San Antonio for Kurt Thomas, Fabricio Oberto and Bruce Bowen. This trade gives the Spurs a temporary shot of youth and scoring punch, while the rebuilding Bucks get cap space. This is an excellent trade on both ends. Oberto is expected to be swapped for Pistons forward Amir Johnson soon.

Bucks Trade Grade: A- | Spurs Trade Grade: B+
Lamrock

Re: [8-6] NELLIEBALL! - RECAP: Nov. 15-Nov. 24

Postby kibaxx7 on Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:13 am

It wasn't easy to recover after that blowout loss against the Lakers but you were able to. (Y) Nice work. Rubio is consistent, that's good news.
× Watching:
× Watched:
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Re: [8-6] NELLIEBALL! - RECAP: Nov. 15-Nov. 24

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 am

Yeah, Rubio is doing better than expected. After I develop his 3pt shooting into the competent range (75+), I'll likely insert him into the starting lineup. With Nash and Ellis you have two defensive liabilities, but with Rubio and Ellis, you have them swap defensive assignments and it works great. Ricky's height and defensive ability make him the best prospect on the team.
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K Stories Hall of Fame