Cavs : Its Over.

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Cavs : [13-3] { vs Trail Blazers + Voting + Draft Interv

Postby Bucket on Wed May 04, 2011 12:57 am

Nice interview. (Y)
Are you going to make contests for NLSC'ers?
Bucket

Re: Cavs : [13-3] { vs Trail Blazers + Voting + Draft Interv

Postby Cruzerr on Wed May 04, 2011 1:54 am

osaki Yeah, Pacers are really strong, I was kinda surprised about Grizzlies stopping me :D
Lou wants out, but I am thinking that they still need somebody.

KidJustin Hey, glad you liked it :)

Valdis Thanks ! Yeah, I am slowly thinking of competitions , but I am going to start of 2 right now !

First off, I got myself a young Small Forward,who is first, second or third year man, if you guess who it was, I will give you 35 points, as 10 points = 1 attribute. All guesses in the PM box. You can have only 2 guess.

Next up, one of my next games will be against the Celtics, if you can guess who rebounds the most, scores the most and steals the most, you will get 15 points for every right guess, here is the code !

Code: Select all
First Competition :
Scoring leader : (name)
Rebound leader : (name)
Steals leader : (name)
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Cavs @ Pistons

Postby Cruzerr on Wed May 04, 2011 9:55 pm

Worst record Pistons lose another one at home

Stuckys huge 20 point and 14 assist game was not enough.

Pistons are the worst team in the East right now, as Cleveland is sitting in the number 2 spot and coming off a win against Portland. What even added more pain, J.J Hickson made his return game, as he got some pressure off Jamison. At the second half, it was a sure Cleveland victory.

Cleveland had a good game. As J.J Hickson came back, he finished with 15 points and 3 rebounds. Another big man who had a great game was Varejao, who finished with 10 points and 13 rebounds. The scoring leader however was Terrence Williams, who had 24 and 8 rebounds. Both shooting guards, Parker and DeRozan, were great, as Parker had 22 points and DeRozan ended with 21 points. Hickson said : " It is great to be back. Team looks strong and want to play a lot. We do not have problem facing whoever we meet, and that is a good thing. "

Parker had a nice shooting game, being 9-15 from the field and 3-5 from downtown

As usual, Terrence was great.

From Detroit's side, things are not good. Having the worst record in the East is only good, if you want an high draft pick. But they still had some nice game. As Stucky lead the team, Ben Gordon finished with 19 points. Another double-double guy was Charlie Villanueva, with 18 points and 11 rebounds. Rip Hamilton had a good game too, with 17 points. " We are not the team we used to be. We were contending for championships, but now, were contending for number one draft picks." - said Prince, who did not seem happy about the team.

Charlie was 75 % from the field.

The Pistons will have their next game against Portland, while Cleveland will go back home to have a rematch with Boston.

Also, be sure to vote for the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest Participants ! Voting will end, when I put up the game against Boston !

Now, I present to you :

Star and Flunk of the Night !

Star:Image
Terrence Williams - Another dominating night as he wants to get his team to the top.

Flunk :Image
Tracy McGrady - The only thing that TMac got on the stat sheet, was 3 turnovers and 19 minutes of play.
Cruzerr

Re: Cavs : [14-3] {@ Pistons(page 3), Voting , Competition

Postby Bucket on Wed May 04, 2011 10:07 pm

Oh, this jerseys... What a times...
Another good game by T-Will. Win a MIP!
Bucket

Postby Cruzerr on Wed May 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Valdis, Yeah, thanks. T-Will has a good shot at it. So does DeRozan.

Folks, I just tried to trade Jamison and Sessions for Chalmers and Wade and they accepted it. What should I do ? Play with LeBron or use my other save ?

EDIT : This is getting weirder, Rose and Boozer for Jamison, the Force Trade did not even pop up, it is off too. What the hell?
Cruzerr

Postby Bucket on Wed May 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Accept one of them :lol:
Bucket

Competition

Postby Cruzerr on Wed May 04, 2011 11:06 pm

One more thing, its only with Jamison. If I try somebody else, trades wont go through. Only with Jamison.

Maby a huge trade coming up ? :D

Alright, I will open one more up. Since I can trade Jamison with everybody, leave me a trade suggestion in the PM !! Best trade will get 50 points !!!
Cruzerr

Postby KidJustin on Thu May 05, 2011 12:27 am

when is the deadline for these last 3 contests?
KidJustin

Postby Cruzerr on Thu May 05, 2011 1:06 am

KidJustin wrote:when is the deadline for these last 3 contests?

First 2 are when I post the game against Celtics. The other one will end randomly, but not very soon.
Cruzerr

Postby KidJustin on Thu May 05, 2011 8:08 am

Cruzerr wrote:
KidJustin wrote:when is the deadline for these last 3 contests?

First 2 are when I post the game against Celtics. The other one will end randomly, but not very soon.

alright..well i'll send it over by tonight...wait for me :)
KidJustin

Postby Mavs4Life on Thu May 05, 2011 8:22 am

Is there any room left in the draft?
Mavs4Life

Postby Cruzerr on Thu May 05, 2011 2:19 pm

Mavs4Life wrote:Is there any room left in the draft?

Ofcourse
Cruzerr

Draft Combine

Postby Cruzerr on Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 pm

Join us, as we have another Draft Combine for you !

As these last days I have seen some great talent displayed, you have to wonder, who is the best ? To be honest, you cant have a best. Yes, you can have a best in a Point Guard or in the Center position, but an overall best is impossible. But one of the best players for the point guard spot, although he is not a total point, is Willie Lewis, out of LSU. Being from a mold of Derrick Rose, this young man has worked his entire life, to have a career in basketball. Some players have talent, but this player has huge work, and that might be the better reason of his speed, mid-range shooting and hustle. We has a small interview with him.

1: How did you get into basketball ? Did you play other sports ?

I got into basketball in Kindergarten, when I played for a team called the Mavericks. We stunk, (or I did), but then I developed into a nice player by high school. I just worked on the basics and never went for the flash and frills. I also did Track and Soccer.

2: Who motivates you the most ? Friends, family, an NBA player or a coach ?

My family. I do my best for them, trying not to disappoint them.

3: Who are your 3 most favorite players in NBA ?

Dirk Nowitzki, Derrick Rose, and Jason Kidd. I love Dirk's grit and clutch play, D-Rose is a speedster like me, and Jason Kidd's vision on the court is unreal.

4: What team is your favorite ?

The Dallas Mavericks. Gotta love your hometown team

5: What player do you want to play with sometime in NBA ?

Chris Paul or Derrick Rose. Both players a phenomenal, and I could learn from them.

6: What kind of draft pick are you hoping for ?

I hope for a 1st round pick, but it's the NBA, where 1 out of Millions of people make it. I'll be happy making the team as a undrafted free agent, 1st overall pick, or a late round pick.

7: You played with LSU. Why did you go to LSU?

They gave me the best opportunity to learn the game. Trent Johnson is a great coach, and I owe to him for my polished skills.

8: How are your teammates ?

Love them like brothers. We're like family, and we never get frustrated at each other. We place the blame on the team, because we're a team. Not individuals, but a team

9: What is your biggest strength ?

Speed. I Joined the track team in Middle School, and I have learned to use my speed well. That's why you see me blocking shots when I'm at half court and the guy is at the free throw line.

Cruzerr

Celtics @ Cavs

Postby Cruzerr on Fri May 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Greene debuts as Celtics edge Cleveland, tie the season series.

Greene did not have a great debut, having only 8 points and 2 blocks.

There was a lot of tension last time and their was a debutante also. Cleveland took the edge last time, finishing 115-104. But as Celtics have not been stellar, and Cleveland are still holding the second spot, the game was really tense. Cavaliers also had some minutes from their new SF Donte Greene, but his play was not great. Celtics however, came prepared and were ready to dominate.

Boston had some huge players. As Rajon Rondo dominated everybody and lead the Celtics, with 29 points and 13 assists with also 5 steals. Behind him Pierce had a good night also, getting 22 points and 5 rebounds. As that was not enough, Ray-Ray finished with 20 points, 5 steals and 5 assists. Shaq and KG lead the game in rebounds, as both of them had 12 on the night. Shaq also managed to get 17 points, making that a double-double. When Rajon Rondo spoke to us after the game, he said : " It is great, to get a win over the guys who beated us at home. Cleveland is a tough team, and with LeBron out of the picture, I see them even a bigger threat than Miami. It is not certain all though, that they would make the playoffs."

Shaq-attack had a good game, hitting 8 of 9 from the field.

Rondo is a stat sheet superstar, that never disappoints.

On the Cavaliers side, they did not want to give up. Parker was the man of the night, leading everybody in scoring, sending the game to overtime and hitting a buzzer in overtime, which was not enough to give them the W, as it was ruled for a two pointer. He had 32 points on the night. Two players finished with double-doubles, as Terrence had 16 points and 10 rebounds, while Jamison had 11 points and 10 rebounds.Sadly, things did not look good, as their "star-in-progress" DeMar DeRozan suffered a severe ankle sprain, that he could miss 2 to 4 weeks. Parker however said : " We just have to work harder when DeRozans out. If I keep this up, and the team steps up, we can make things happen. Not all is lost. "

Parker might play great, but he was bad from downtown, hitting 1-4, as the only one was a buzzer.

Cleveland will have their next game at home against the Timberwolves, while Celtics will go on to face the Knicks.

Now, I give you with utmost pleasure :

Rajan Rondo - As last time this guy was a flunk, this time, he finished with a double-double.

Flunk:Image
Glen Davis - He did not even get a rebound, let alone being on an open court and missing..TWICE !
Cruzerr

Postby Cruzerr on Fri May 06, 2011 11:36 pm

Points for now :

The Traded SF : Nobody got that right. Closest one was Omri Casspi, as he is from the Kings.

Vs Celtics : z02 with 30 points (guessing rebounding and steals leader for KG and Rondo)
KidJustin with 15 points ( guessing steals leader as Baron who was tied with Rondo)
Cruzerr

Re: Cavs : [14-4] {vs Celtics, Draft Interview

Postby KidJustin on Sat May 07, 2011 12:31 am

mannnn............Donte Green?? that would have been my next pick...i just thought Casspi was better between the two n picked him...

stupid stupid stupid :wall:

...i thought the leaders were for the cavs only...oh well
KidJustin

Postby Nutellar on Sat May 07, 2011 1:38 am

So the Celtics stroke back :D

Serious i also wanted to pick Green but then i thought J.Johnson- W.Johnson.

Not sure about the "Big Trade", do you want to get a Superstar or maybe a kind of Rising Star?
Nutellar

Postby Cruzerr on Sat May 07, 2011 3:46 am

KidJustin, Well i did not really specify, but next time I will. You had a good guess.

osaki, You can offer whoever you want, I aint putting no limits.
Cruzerr

Postby Nutellar on Sat May 07, 2011 3:55 am

Cruzerr wrote: osaki, You can offer whoever you want, I aint putting no limits.

Ok, i am going to think about it, but i think i keep it at least 50% realistic :lol:

you already have a deadline, when the trade will happen?
Nutellar

Postby Cruzerr on Sat May 07, 2011 4:05 am

osaki, Trade will happen before the game against the Nets.

Before I will post the weekly recap (today)
Tomorrow is the game against Timberwolves
Then I will skip a day.
So Monday will be the last day to enter, then I post the game against Nets
Cruzerr

Weekly Recap

Postby Cruzerr on Sat May 07, 2011 4:55 am

As the week ends, we take a look what happened this week :

Injuries : Only four injuries to report and they are not pretty. Ron Artest is out for the season with a Torn ACL. You must wonder now, how will the Lakers deal without him. Cleveland however are missing DeMar DeRozan, as he has a severe ankle sprain. Both Yao Ming and Hedo Turkuglu have broken their foot.

Trade Rumors and Signings : Three trades have happened this week, and here they are :
ImageImage
ImageImage

As Pistons are struggling, they dont make things easier, trading away Maxiell and Wilcox for Gadzuric and Stephen Graham

ImageImageImage

Another trade for Cleveland as they send 2 draft picks and Alonzo Gee to Sacramento for Donte Greene.

ImageImage

The bigger trade this week, as Young and Brand head to Denver, while 76ers get Kenyon Martin and a first round draft pick.

Standings :
East : Team, record, home, away

1.Heat 13-3 , 8-0, 5-3 -NA-
2.Cavaliers 14-4, 5-2, 8-2 -NA-
3.Pacers 13-4, 7-1, 6-3 -NA-
4.Knicks 10-7, 6-1, 4-6 -NA-
5.Celtics 12-9, 7-2, 5-7 Image 1 SPOT
6.Hawks 10-8, 7-3, 3-5 Image 3 SPOTS
7.Bulls 10-10, 8-2, 2-8 -NA-
8.Bobcats 7-7, 5-2, 2-5 Image 3 SPOTS
----------------------------------------------------------
9.Raptors 7-8, 4-4, 3-4 Image 4 SPOTS
10.Magic 8-11, 6-3, 2-9 Image 2 SPOTS
11.Wizards 8-11, 6-4, 2-8 Image 2 SPOTS
12.Nets 7-10, 6-4, 1-6 Image 2 SPOTS
13.76ers 8-12, 5-5, 3-7 Image 1 SPOT
14.Pistons 5-12, 4-3, 1-9 Image 1 SPOT
15.Bucks 4-11, 4-3, 0-8 Image 1 SPOT

West : Team, record, home, away

1.Lakers 11-5, 5-3, 6-2 Image 1 SPOT
2.Hornets 8-5, 6-1, 2-4 Image 1 SPOT
3.Grizzlies 11-8, 9-2, 2-6 Image 6 SPOTS
4.Suns 11-8, 9-1, 2-7 Image 3 SPOTS
5.Thunder 8-6, 5-4, 3-2 Image 1 SPOT
6.Trail Blazers 9-7, 7-0. 2-7 Image 2 SPOTS
7.Warriors 9-7, 7-2, 2-5 Image 6 SPOTS
8.Mavericks 7-7, 7-2, 0-5 Image 3 SPOTS
--------------------------------------------------------------------
9.Spurs 9-9, 7-2, 2-7 Image 1 SPOT
10.Clippers 6-7, 6-3, 0-4 Image 1 SPOT
11.Nuggets 8-12, 8-2, 0-10 Image
12.Kings 7-11, 3-7, 4-4 -NA-
13.Timberwolves 5-9, 2-3, 3-6 -NA-
14.Rockets 7-14, 6-4, 1-10 -NA-
15.Jazz 5-15, 4-4, 1-11 -NA-

Players of the week

East

Joe Johnson (ATL)
22.8 PPG 5.4 RPG 4.9 APG 1.8 SPG .493 FG%

West

Kevin Durant (OKC) Forth POTW award
24.1 PPG 8.8 RPG 3.5 APG 1.4 bpg .452 FG%

Leaders in :

Points per game

Rebounds per game'

Assists per game

Steals per game

Blocks per game

Field goal %

Eliminated From Sprite Slam Dunk Contest ! : ImageRonnie Brewer !
Last edited by Cruzerr on Sat May 07, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cruzerr

Re: Cavs : [14-4] {vs Celtics, Draft Interview, Week Recap

Postby Nutellar on Sat May 07, 2011 6:56 am

The Nuggets made a great deal, on my association Thaddeus Youg gave the Kings a big boost. :D
Nutellar

Timberwolves @ Cavs

Postby Cruzerr on Sun May 08, 2011 4:30 am

Small Forwards step up as Cleveland gets a win over the Wolves

Kevin Loves double-double game with 26 points and 14 rebounds was not enough.

Cleveland had a really unlucky game against the Celtics, losing with a point. While on the other end, Timberwolves have nothing to cheer about, having one of the worst records of the West. As Cavaliers did lose DeRozan last game, it did not have an effect on them as they took the game, while dominating them the whole matchup.

Cavaliers had huge help from their Small Forwards, as T-Will lead the team in scoring with 25 points, newcomer Donte Greene, who had a bad debut against Boston, was on fire against Minnesota, having 23 points and 3 blocks. Another player, who changed the game picture was Jamison, who had a double-double with 16 points and 14 rebounds.All though, Jamisons position is not certain, as a lot of teams in the league want the player. We had a small chat with Love as he said " Jamison is a star right now, I have heard that we have some trade propositions for him." On the other end, Kurt Rambis said : " We have Love, why do we want an aging superstar? "

Greene was also shooting good - having 10 out of 12.

Terrence is a huge candidate for Most Valuable Player.

From Timberwolves side, thing did not look bad. As Wesley Johnson lead the hole team in scoring with 27 points and Love having a double-double, you can pretty much say, that the team is in the right direction. Ridnour had a nice game also, having a double-double, both 11 points and 11 assists. This team does have a lot of young talent, which is hard to get into the playoffs, but is a good to rebuild the team. However, Jonny Flynn is not happy, saying and I quote : " This team is even worse that it was last year, I do not know what are we doing or what direction this team wants to go." He seems frustrated, that Ridnour took his starting spot.

Johnson stole the ball well also, having 4 steals.

Cleveland will have their next game in the Prudential Center, as they will face the Nets, while Minnesota will go to face San Antonio.

Now, I give you with utmost pleasure :

Terrence Williams - Are you surprised ? This guy seems to be the best player every time the Cavs win.

Flunk:Image
Jonny Flynn - As he seems struggling and frustrated on the court, you must wonder, will the Timberwolves trade him ?
Cruzerr

Re: Cavs : [14-4] {vs Celtics, Draft Interview, Week Recap

Postby Bucket on Sun May 08, 2011 4:32 am

Nice to see Love with huge double-double, but T-Wolves losing. ;)
Williams dominates (Y)
Bucket

Re: Cavs : [15-4] {vs Timberwolves, Week Recap

Postby Houndy on Sun May 08, 2011 7:04 am

I like that Lewis kid :D

Best team outside of the Heat (Y)
Houndy
Whoa, the Mavs are ballin'

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood