Passion. Pride. Pacers: An Indiana Pacers Association

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Postby 33_ALLDAY_33 on Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:25 pm

New Look Pacer's Handle Troy Murphy, 76ers
December 10, 2009

Image Image Image Image

Philadelphia, PA- Coming into this game sporting yet another different line-up, the Indiana Pacer's continued to show why they are the surprise team of the year. Led by Danny Granger, the Pacer's went on route to defeat the Philadelphia 76er's 100-89.

The Pacer's led pretty much the entire game- but the key moment was the 2nd when they scored 32 point's. New addition, Mikael Pietrus, had a great game with his new team as he had 15 points in 16 minutes. Despite being back-up to future All-Star, Danny Granger, Pietrus took pride in his role as he was once back-up for Hedo Turkoglu back in Orlando.

Danny Granger led all scorers with 22 points as he took the 4th quarter upon himself (Again) and made sure his team maintained the lead. "It was an obvious decision," Granger stated after the game, "Coach saw the 76er's slowly coming back, and told me to go back in and finish it. That's what I did." Granger of course is referring to the 11-3 run the 76er's put on to bring the lead to withing 4 point in the late minutes of the 4th.

Danny Granger also had 8 rebounds, 4 assist's and 1 steal.

The talk of the game however, fell upon Samual Dalembert and his return to Philly after being traded to Indiana for Murphy. Dalembert had a solid game with 10 points, 9 rebounds and 3 blocked shots.

His counter-part in the trade, however, led the 76er's in scoring with 20 point's and in rebounds with 12. Murphy had a very quite 1st quarter before he got settled and began nailing key shot's in the game. "It was about getting back at my old team, it was about winning the game- which we didn't do," Murphy reported after the game.

Louis William's led the team in assist's with 15 and scored 14 point's on the night.

Andre Iguodala struggled the entire game as he only came out with 8 points. Despite the low scoring, Iguodala added 4 rebounds, 6 assist's and 5 steals to his statline.

TOP 5 PERFORMERS
D. Granger | 22 points | 8 rebounds | 4 assists | 1 blocked shot | 2 turnovers
T. Murphy | 20 points | 10 rebounds | 3 assists | 1 steal | 1 turnover
W. Henry | 16 points | 1 assist | 1 turnover
M. Pietrus | 15 points | 1 rebound | 1 steal | 1 turnover
L. Williams | 14 points | 3 rebounds | 15 assists | 2 steals | 5 turnovers

INJURIES
B. Rush | SG |IND | Strained Hamstring | OUT
Last edited by 33_ALLDAY_33 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
33_ALLDAY_33

Re: Passion. Pride. Pacers: An Indiana Pacers Association

Postby [Hyperize] on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:52 am

Good win. Are those pictures from 2K7?

EDIT: Never mind. I forgot you were playing on the PS2. :D
[Hyperize]

Postby Martti. on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:19 am

Granger was really good, decent all-around game. (Y)
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:09 am

I'm more into the previous layout, because of the boxscore and more analysis, but I assume you changed it because of lack of time?
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
X-Men: The Animated Series ×
× Watched:
Crime Story (1993), Capturing the Friedmans (2003), Snake Eyes (1998) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby 33_ALLDAY_33 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:26 pm

XxCavaliers wrote:Good win. Are those pictures from 2K7?

EDIT: Never mind. I forgot you were playing on the PS2. :D

Thanks a lot man. Yeah they actually came out better than I expected. :D

thierryhenry50 wrote:I'm more into the previous layout, because of the boxscore and more analysis, but I assume you changed it because of lack of time?

Yeah you're right. I might switch between the layouts, but the idea behind this is finish the season and the playoffs before 2k10 comes out. Likk i've said im dedicated to this and I will stick by this till the end.

Now that work will be an issue and soon school, you guys will see a lot of these summaries. I might even just mesh the two together to include the boxscore and quarter by quarter analysis. :D
33_ALLDAY_33

Postby 33_ALLDAY_33 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Sun's Unload Big Diesel. Shaq Joins Lebron in Cleveland.
December 11, 2009

Image Image Image Image

The Phoenix Suns and the Cleveland Cavaliers pulled off a trade that very easily overlooked the Vince Carter deal. The Big Diesel, Shaquille O' Neal will look to join LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavalier's as they continue their road to the NBA Finals. There is no final say of how Mike Brown will play Shaq (Whether off the bench or ahead of Ilgauskas) but one thing is for certain is that LeBron finally has that inside presence he's been looking for to relieve the pressure off of himself. Here is a closer look at each team's trades:

PHOENIX TRADES- Shaquille O' Neal, Gordan Giricek, 2nd Round Draft Pick
PHOENIX RECEIVES- Ben Wallace, Sasha Pavlovic, Future 2nd Second Round Draft Pick (IND)

With the trade of Shaq and Ben Wallace's $13M contract up this year, the Sun's are looking to rebuild after a dismal start to the season. No word yet on how Amare Stoudemire will be handled but as of right now, he will be a Sun. Pavlovic also has an expiring contract which I doubt the Sun's will pick up so that's even more money to spend in the Lebron, Wade and Bosh sweepstakes next year. However, in the short term, Pavlovic and Wallace could be an interesting sight to see in Phoenix.

CLEVELAND TRADES- Sasha Pavlovic, Ben Wallace
CLEVELAND RECEIVES- Shaquille O' Neal, Gordan Giricek

LeBron demanded that he get a role player who can play the post. Well- needless to say he got it. It's only December and Shaq and Lebron have a lot of time to build their chemistry and work together before the playoffs. Shaq is a great upgrade from Ben Wallace who seemed to have been more of a defensive player. Shaq stated in an interview earlier today that, "I'm here to help the King get his ring." Shaq delivered a ring in L.A. and in Miami alongside future All-Star Dwyane Wade. It'll be interesting to see if Shaq can do the same with Wade's 2003 draft teammate.

INDIANA TRADES- Future 2nd Round Draft Pick (PHO)
INDIANA RECEIVES- 2nd Round Draft Pick (PHO)

Nothing fancy here. The Pacer's were simply put in to swap their future second round pick for the Suns' 2nd round pick this year.
33_ALLDAY_33

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:23 pm

Nice of you to update the rosters for a more current feel. I completely forgot that the Suns once had Gordan Giricek too. Man, he was a pretty solid role player I wonder why he was never picked up last season....
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Lamrock on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Oh, what I do is swap picks, then swap back. Good to see you update with the Shaq trade though. I wanted to do that with mine, but Ben Wallace tore his ACL. :roll:
Lamrock

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:08 am

Doing the real life trades is a good idea. Are you going to move the Free Agents to their current teams?
[Hyperize]

Postby 33_ALLDAY_33 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:17 am

XxCavaliers wrote:Doing the real life trades is a good idea. Are you going to move the Free Agents to their current teams?

I wish. Do you know how to do that? If you do, please tell me! I want to get Sheed on Boston and Turk on Toronto ASAP!
33_ALLDAY_33

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 am

33_ALLDAY_33 wrote:
XxCavaliers wrote:Doing the real life trades is a good idea. Are you going to move the Free Agents to their current teams?

I wish. Do you know how to do that? If you do, please tell me! I want to get Sheed on Boston and Turk on Toronto ASAP!

You could always lower a player's salary to the lowest amount possible. I think that the PS2 has this feature. If you want Rasheed on the Celtics, lower his salary to the lowest amount possible, and then trade him for one of Boston's draft picks. You would also have to be involved in this trade, so throw in a draft pick. Try to exchange it right after you do the trade. Even though you traded for Rasheed, you can just say that Boston signed him. It's the same thing. You can do the same for the rest of the Free Agents.
[Hyperize]

Postby hova- on Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:47 pm

Nice new recap layout. Sweet trades you did and nice that you included the real life deals. Pietrus is a beast.

Keep it up!
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Witness on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:02 pm

Nice addition in Pietrus ! What's your record right now ?
ZERO
Witness

Postby 33_ALLDAY_33 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:52 pm

hova- wrote:Nice new recap layout. Sweet trades you did and nice that you included the real life deals. Pietrus is a beast.

Keep it up!

Thanks a lot man. I'll try and stick with this layout till the end or at least till the playoffs to make things go by faster.

Witness wrote:Nice addition in Pietrus ! What's your record right now ?

Thanks man. We're 16-6 in mid-december now
33_ALLDAY_33

Previous

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood