Any news about NBA 2K15 for PC?

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Re: Any news about NBA 2K15 for PC?

Postby Leftos on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:08 am

velvet bliss wrote:
Spree#8 wrote:From all I've read, MyGM is pretty much Association with basic features locked behind VC paywalls, without any customization options, without controlling multiple teams and with players and/or staff members getting mad at you if you don't spend VC. ALL of the legacy issues are still very much there, some of them worse than ever - like player roles (don't remember if one of the patches finally fixed it or not). In other words, it's a complete fucking mess....

If the X1/PS4 version makes it to PC, then I really hope MyGM has seen a serious overhaul. The way it was in 2K14, it sounds like a mode that isn't even worth my time...

A tear for Leftos :cry:

Oh trust me, I'm quite confident for 2K15.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Rosque on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:06 am

Leftos wrote:
velvet bliss wrote:
Spree#8 wrote:From all I've read, MyGM is pretty much Association with basic features locked behind VC paywalls, without any customization options, without controlling multiple teams and with players and/or staff members getting mad at you if you don't spend VC. ALL of the legacy issues are still very much there, some of them worse than ever - like player roles (don't remember if one of the patches finally fixed it or not). In other words, it's a complete fucking mess....

If the X1/PS4 version makes it to PC, then I really hope MyGM has seen a serious overhaul. The way it was in 2K14, it sounds like a mode that isn't even worth my time...

So...PC=Xone/PS4?
Rosque

Postby zzcoolj21 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:55 am

Rosque wrote:
Leftos wrote:
velvet bliss wrote:

So...PC=Xone/PS4?

zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Rosque on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:39 am

zzcoolj21 wrote:
Rosque wrote:
Leftos wrote:
velvet bliss wrote:

So...PC=Xone/PS4?

[ Image ]

Trying to lure Leftos to a mistake :D
Rosque

Postby benji on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Leftos wrote:
velvet bliss wrote:

...that it will have even more VC paywalls!
benji

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:59 pm

Leftos wrote:Oh trust me, I'm quite confident for 2K15.

But developers always say that being confident every year. :(

Even reading developer statements from years past about the new version of the game you'd think the previous version was their bastard child from a $5 hooker that they are ashamed to talk about. Then comes another year and the newer version is considered like it's their 'best ever' and that we're better off forgetting the previous year's 'best ever'. Then so...and so...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Leftos on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:11 pm

That's a fair point. And I can't really say anything to persuade you otherwise. I'm looking forward to the reactions once news starts breaking, is all I'm going to say.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby pistonnation on Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Leftos wrote:That's a fair point. And I can't really say anything to persuade you otherwise. I'm looking forward to the reactions once news starts breaking, is all I'm going to say.

Leftos... If you are talking about what we all want to HOPE you are talking about. *cough PC NG cough* Then trust me... On behalf of all things good and NBA 2K, you will indeed see "reactions". :cool:

*OPTIMISM INTENSIFIES* :crazyeyes:
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby Mad-Raiiden on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:29 pm

Leftos wrote:I'm looking forward to the reactions once news starts breaking, is all I'm going to say.

I hope he's not raising the hype for nothing :|

(Soo much happy of this "announcment" inside of me :dance: )
Don't forget to check my Crowds Mods Here : viewtopic.php?f=153&t=95670
Mad-Raiiden

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:31 pm

I like how people draw conclusions unrelated to what Leftos is addressing. :facepalm2:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby JaoSming on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:35 pm

Half Life 3 confirmed
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm

JaoSming wrote:Half Life 3 confirmed

Omg link?
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby shorty_ubk on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:47 pm

Pdub wrote:
JaoSming wrote:Half Life 3 confirmed

Omg link?

Image LEL!! :lol:
Sorry for My Bad English...;)

R.I.P. Clifford Lee Burton, Darrell Lance "Dimebag" Abbott, Charles "Chuck" Schuldiner and Ronnie James "Dio"

#occupygezi http://occupygezipics.tumblr.com/
shorty_ubk
Pure Metalhead

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Finally, Fallout 4. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby pistonnation on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:16 am

Andrew wrote:Finally, Fallout 4. (Y)

You can say that again! :lol:
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:47 am

WHAT IF YOU COMBINE MYCAREER AND MYGM AND MAKE MYLEGACY MODE WHERE YOUR A GM AND A PLAYER AND YOUR 19 YEARS OLD. EXPECTING THIS TO BE DONE IN 30 DAYS.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby formx on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:45 am

LEFTOS GIMME MAH GAWD DAYUM TURBOGRAFIX-16 PORT OF 2K15 NAO!!!!!

In all seriousness though, I'd probably wait until November or December to see which version of 2K I would want. That gives time seeing which version is which instead of speculating and spending your monies on the game already.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:30 am

formyhunny wrote:LEFTOS GIMME MAH GAWD DAYUM TURBOGRAFIX-16 PORT OF 2K15 NAO!!!!!

In all seriousness though, I'd probably wait until November or December to see which version of 2K I would want. That gives time seeing which version is which instead of speculating and spending your monies on the game already.

I couldn't do that. If I made the decision to buy, it would be mine on the 6th of October at midnight. That is if steam doesn't crap up the release like they did last year.
ColumbusBobby23

Postby BLaZiNgSPEED on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:42 am

If FIFA 15 PC will require 15 GB of disk space. Then I can assume that NBA 2K15 PC next-gen will also require 15 GB or perhaps even less. Because let's not forget that FIFA has far more teams+leagues from all over the world as well as international teams and even more stadiums!

NBA 2K will only have the NBA and Euro Leagues. This will automatically mean that there will perhaps be less hard disk space needed for NBA 2K15 next-gen.
Also if 2K strip off certain features from the next-gen version that will mean that the disk space will be even lower!

The best indicator of whether NBA 2K15 is next-gen or not is by looking at the minimum CPU requirement! Simple observation is that the minimum CPU requirement of NBA 2K9 to NBA 2K14 have all had Pentium 4 as the minimum CPU requirement! FIFA 11-14 current-gen minimum CPU requirement were Intel Core 2 Duo and AMD Athlon Dual Core. Whereas FIFA 15 next-gen minmum CPU requirement is Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz & AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core 2.4GHz.

If NBA 2K15 PC was to be next-gen then it will most probably require a Quad Core. So if we see Pentium 4 again as minimum CPU requirement then we will know it is current-gen console port again... Even if the next-gen NBA 2K15 engine differs from FIFA's we will still need a CPU greater than Pentium 4 to run it.
BLaZiNgSPEED

Postby KOBE23 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:55 am

Leftos wrote:That's a fair point. And I can't really say anything to persuade you otherwise. I'm looking forward to the reactions once news starts breaking, is all I'm going to say.

KOBE23

Postby Hadley88 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:39 am

Wasn't there something similar last year where someone posted stuff like this and in the end we had to wait until fucking releaseday to see what shitty port we got? :applaud:
If you don't expect much, you can't get disappointed hard.
Even if they stop a PC Version I could play NBA2K12 for the next 10 years, I know the Modding-Community is there. :bowdown:
Hadley88

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:54 am

Not really. Last year, we knew that we were getting a 360/PS3 port, owing to the price tag and the release date.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Vlad2010 on Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:33 pm

BLaZiNgSPEED wrote:If FIFA 15 PC will require 15 GB of disk space. Then I can assume that NBA 2K15 PC next-gen will also require 15 GB or perhaps even less. Because let's not forget that FIFA has far more teams+leagues from all over the world as well as international teams and even more stadiums!

NBA 2K will only have the NBA and Euro Leagues. This will automatically mean that there will perhaps be less hard disk space needed for NBA 2K15 next-gen.
Also if 2K strip off certain features from the next-gen version that will mean that the disk space will be even lower!

Incorrect argument. The simplest example - NBA live 14 (same iginte Engine as Fifa) - 9 GB, NBA 2k14 NG - requires 50GB. It's not about content - cause in the engine.
Vlad2010

Postby JBulls on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:49 pm

Vlad2010 wrote:Incorrect argument. The simplest example - NBA live 14 (same iginte Engine as Fifa) - 9 GB, NBA 2k14 NG - requires 50GB. It's not about content - cause in the engine.

Relatively speaking, code usually takes much less space than content, i.e. game assets.
JBulls

Postby Leftos on Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:03 pm

It's all in the art assets.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K15