[Live 08] Change! The Charlotte Bobcats - Closed

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:13 am

Bobcats advance to Semifinals after 5 games

After 5 Games, The Charlotte Bobcats have accomplished the first part of their goal, by winning their first ever playoff series in their first ever playoff entrance, they look to do the impossible, winning a championship in the team's first appearance in the playoffs. Yuta Tabuse led all scorers in game 5 with 21 points, as they overcame Howard and Lewis' big nights, Howard with 17 points and 14 rebounds, and Lewis with a close triple double performance with 16 points, 14 rebounds and 8 assists. The Game was evenly matched and very intense, as the Magic came in with their backs against the walls, so to speak, they were trying to save their season, and nearly succeeded in doing so, but the Bobcats, who were looking for their first postseason series win, came up on top, 93-90.

Round 1 Results
- T-Mac and Yao fought hard and took the 1st seed Mavs to game 7, but were unable to stop dirk's rampage, and lost in the first round once again
- Denver overcame a 0-2 start and won 4 straight against Baron Davis and the LA Clippers
- The LA Lakers easily dismantled the Golden State Warriors as Kobe went on a tear, averaging 30+ ppg in 4 games to sweep the Warriors.
- Nash and CP3 went at it for 6 games, and the more experienced one came up on top
- Charlotte won their first ever playoffs series, beating Dwight Howard and the Magic in 5 games
- The Detroit 4 went against Agent Zero and the Wizards, took it to game 7 and was able to come up with the victory
- Boston overcame a 3-1 lead from the 76ers and made a rare comeback, taking the Sixers to game 7 and blowing them out.
- Lebron James and the Cavaliers easily dismantled D-Wade, Emeka, and the Miami Heat in 4 straight games.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Change! CHA - Bobcats 3-1, Season Awards - Kobe gets 2nd MVP

Postby OrlMagic on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:17 am

Rick Carlisle is the COTY :shock:
http://sanantoniospursdynas.sosblog.com/SASDB-b1.htm
Dynasty in Estonian, not in English , my English is not so good to make a dynasty in English :(
OrlMagic

Re: Change! CHA - Bobcats 3-1, Season Awards - Kobe gets 2nd MVP

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:18 am

OrlMagic wrote:Rick Carlisle is the COTY :shock:

The Mavs did get the only 60+ win season..
In NBA Live 08, the team with the best record gets COTY
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 am

Semifinals Preview

Dallas (1) vs Denver (4)
ESPN Prediction: Dallas win 4-2
Notes: Dirk vs AI+Melo, both teams are high scoring teams, expect to see alot of run and gun and no defense..

LA Lakers (6) vs Phoenix (2)
ESPN Prediction: Lakers win 4-1
Notes: Phoenix has had a great year, but against the MVP and his Laker team....they'll be lucky to win more then one game

Charlotte (1) vs Detroit (4)
ESPN Prediction: Detroit win 4-3
Notes: Charlotte has had an amazing run thus far, but against the experienced (very experienced) Detroit Pistons....i wouldnt get my hopes high

Boston (3) vs Cleveland (2)
ESPN Prediction: Cleveland wins 4-3
Notes: A Rematch of last year's semifinals, this time, Lebron James has Mo Williams, while the Celtics have lost Posey, Brown, it'll be a close one, but i reckon King James would have his revenge this time round
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:36 am

2009 Playoffs: Eastern Conference Semifinals vs. Detroit Pistons
ImageImage

Lineups Subjected to change
Charlotte Bobcats
Starting Five
C. Shaquille O'Neal
PF. Michael Beasley
SF. Trevor Ariza
SG. Jason Richardson
PG. Yuta Tabuse

Bench
OJ Mayo
DJ Augustin
Jermareo Davidson
PJ Brown
Jamaal Magloire
Eric Snow
Coby Karl

Inactive Rotation
N/A

Head Coach: Larry Brown
Injury Report: N/A

Detroit Pistons
Starting Five
C. Rasheed Wallace
PF. Antonio McDyess
SF. Tayshaun Prince
SG. RIchard Hamilton
PG. Chauncey Billups

Bench
Rodney Stuckey
Kurt Thomas
Jason Maxiell
Will Bynum
Walter Herrmann
Kwame Brown
Lindsey Hunter

Inactive Rotation
Walter Sharpe
Arron Afflalo
Cheikh Samb

Head Coach: Michael Curry
Injury Report: N/A

- Bold Indicates Changes during series

Game 1 - Game Recap
Date/Time: Wednesday May 6th 2009, 8:30pm
Series: Charlotte Bobcats 0-0 Detroit Pistons

Game 2 - Game Recap
Date/Time: Friday May 8th 2009, 8:30pm
Series: Charlotte Bobcats 1-0 Detroit Pistons

Game 3 - Game Recap
Date/Time: Sunday May 10th 2009, 8:30pm
Series: Charlotte Bobcats 2-0 Detroit Pistons

Game 4 - Game Recap
Date/Time: Tuesday May 12th 2009, 8:30pm
Series: Charlotte Bobcats 3-0 Detroit Pistons

Game 5 - Game Recap
Date/Time: Thursday May 14th 2009, 8:30pm
Series: Charlotte Bobcats 3-1 Detroit Pistons

Series Recap
Last edited by Valor on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:28 am, edited 10 times in total.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Change! CHA - Round 1 Results, Semifinals Preview

Postby Mandich on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:07 am

Tough...I think you won't make it past the Pistons
Mandich
Muffin Button

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:58 am

mandich wrote:Tough...I think you won't make it past the Pistons

i dont think i can make it past them too...they are quite hard to beat in a best of 7 series...but you never know, i think it's gonna be a very close series...
hey, i do have "insider information" on the Pistons!! (Larry Brown :D )
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Rondo on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:16 am

Pistons are a pain in the arse. Lol.
Be thankful you only have to guard Billups at the point who happens to not be that quick vs the real-life Pistons point guard Allen Iverson...
Rondo

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:22 am

agentnumerouno wrote:Pistons are a pain in the arse. Lol.
Be thankful you only have to guard Billups at the point who happens to not be that quick vs the real-life Pistons point guard Allen Iverson...

eh, i rather have allen iverson to guard...
u forgot my pg is Yuta Tabuse, 5 foot 9, 165lbs...vs Billups 6'3" 202lbs =.=
Yuta is fast and quick, like Iverson, Billups is like Sam Cassell....
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Rondo on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:20 am

Valor wrote:

Your right I forgot about your point guard being him. I've heard of this Yuta guy but I just now learned he is that short.
Yeah I see what you mean now then. Best of luck.
Rondo

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:39 am

agentnumerouno wrote:
Valor wrote:

Your right I forgot about your point guard being him. I've heard of this Yuta guy but I just now learned he is that short.

lol yeah, the reason why teams are reluctant to sign him is because of his lack of size...skills wise he is very good
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Rondo on Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:47 am

Valor wrote:
agentnumerouno wrote:
Valor wrote:

lol yeah, the reason why teams are reluctant to sign him is because of his lack of size...skills wise he is very good

So he suffers from Earl Boykins syndrome as us Americans know it? I used to tear it up with him on Live 06.
If I happen to need a 4th string point guard for my Rockets I'll look for him. :lol:
Rondo

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:00 am

agentnumerouno wrote:
Valor wrote:
agentnumerouno wrote:
Valor wrote:

So he suffers from Earl Boykins syndrome as us Americans know it? I used to tear it up with him on Live 06.
If I happen to need a 4th string point guard for my Rockets I'll look for him. :lol:

ew...dont put him in the same conversation as Earl Boykins....lol
he maybe short but he's faster then Barbosa...that's saying something
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:04 am

Charlotte takes Game 1 at the buzzer

As time winded down to the final 30 seconds of the ball game, the Bobcats ran a set play designed by Larry Brown and found Jason Richardson open, he drilled in the 3 ball and gave the Bobcats a 3 point lead, however, Lindsey Hunter immediatly came back with a 3 ball of his own, the next 10 seconds included stops by both sides, and Charlotte called for time with 9.1 seconds remaining; It was in this play that OJ Mayo received the hand-off from Yuta Tabuse, penetrated down the middle, and then after bumping with Richard Hamilton and creating a little airspace, went up for the fadeaway jumper, hitting it as the buzzer sounded, giving the Bobcats a 98-96 victory.

Jason Richardson and OJ Mayo were on fire in this game, with the former going for a game high 27 points from 11 of 16 shooting, including 4 of 7 from 3, while the latter ended up with 21 points, tied for second highest in the game with Detroit's Rip Hamilton, from 8 of 16 shooting, with 3 of 7 coming from 3 point land.

The Bobcats look to build their series lead in Game 2 back here in Charlotte.

Note: i forgot to take a screen shot of Player of the game..sorry; was too pumped up at knocking down the game winner...

Highlights
phpBB [video]

Clutch Time - Last 3 Plays of the Game (GAME WINNER INCLUDED)
phpBB [video]
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Change! CHA -Semifinals:Charlotte Takes Game 1 at the Buzzer

Postby Rondo on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:19 am

Wow sounds like ya had a great game there. Dramatic.
Me and you play similar offenses. J-Rich had a great game. Good to see my boy Rip Hamilton doing well for himself. Nice update all in all.
Rondo

Postby Valor on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:21 am

agentnumerouno wrote:Wow sounds like ya had a great game there. Dramatic.
Me and you play similar offenses. J-Rich had a great game. Good to see my boy Rip Hamilton doing well for himself. Nice update all in all.

very dramatic (Y)
well, usually i penetrate down the lane with Tabuse and look for the open guy or take it to the hole, but the Detroit Defenses are just too tight...had to swing the ball around or use an iso play for one of my go-to guys
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:02 am

Wow, I am quite out of touch with dynasties. I just read all 6 pages of this thread and found them very entertaining. My only beef with this is that its unrealistic. You are too trade happy - I am guilty of this too, but its ridiculous to make 5 trades when you are on a winning streak. Also, the storyline with Leo on the team and the growth spurt is out there, but I am just nitpicking. Good work with this.

You should really start Mayo though. Has your Leo character even broken double digits yet?
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:17 pm

Lamrock wrote:Wow, I am quite out of touch with dynasties. I just read all 6 pages of this thread and found them very entertaining. My only beef with this is that its unrealistic. You are too trade happy - I am guilty of this too, but its ridiculous to make 5 trades when you are on a winning streak. Also, the storyline with Leo on the team and the growth spurt is out there, but I am just nitpicking. Good work with this.

You should really start Mayo though. Has your Leo character even broken double digits yet?

long time no see Lamrock!! welcome back :D
well, yeah, i traded too much and i regret that...but it's more realistic with this team cause guess who is the head coach? Larry Brown!! lol..that makes it a bit better
as for Leo on the team, yeah that story is crap...i was bored :lol:
He is a spot up jump shooter that averaged 12.2 points in the regular season in limited minutes, but i have no idea why...he cant hit his usual open shots here in the playoffs, and is only averaging something like 5 ppg, i dont want to start Mayo simply he wont get his shots in the starting lineup (Shaq, Beasley, J-Rich), those guys all need their shots so...it's much better to leave Mayo with the second unit, and with people like DJ, Davidson, Ariza...Mayo has no problem hogging the ball and shooting the lightsout :D i am considering making a change to my starting lineup, and taking Leo out of it since he's struggling..maybe i'll try put him back in the front office and retire..somehow

anyways thanks for still following (Y) stay tuned for more stuff..once Christmas is over :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Sacramento-kings on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:24 am

although there are certain similarities with Homicides dynasty, I really think your hard work is paying off because everything looks great, great job :applaud:
Sacramento-kings

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:34 am

Sacramento-kings, although i would love to be asking what those similarities are...thanks for the praise :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:00 am

When's game 2 la?
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:48 am

Sit wrote:When's game 2 la?

haha, it IS christmas man, give me a break :) game 2 and 3 recaps coming up soon, as well as next behind the scenes :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:30 am

Charlotte Escapes the Pistons with Game 2 Victory in OT

After they made a comeback in the second quarter and made up for their terrible, 18 point 1st quarter, and then continued their run in the 3rd with stellar defense, the Bobcats lost their lead and almost lost the game at the hands of "Mr Big Shot" Chauncey Billups, who made a possible game winning shot at the end of regulation, except for the fact that it left his hands after the buzzer rang, and after the short break, with Larry Brown shouting every second of that break, and 5 minutes of a fierce battle between the two teams, the Bobcats were able to escape with a 110-105 victory over the visiting Detroit Pistons to take the series to lead 2 games to 0.

Larry Brown was not happy.

"I though that, if they didn't started to relax and felt they had the game in the bag starting the 4th quarter, we never have had to play that damn overtime." said Brown at the end of the game "the guys got complacent with the lead, and blew it, we almost lost a game in a series because of that, i am not pleased at their efforts and mentality at all."

"Going by what Coach Brown was saying, i'll admit right here that we really did not put up our full effort in that fourth quarter, we are very lucky to have won the game, because, anytime you are facing a team as good as the pistons, you cant get complacent, but that's just what happened, i'll take full responsibility for the lack of effort tonight" said team captain Jason Richardson after the game, Richardson had an off night, going 5 of 13 for just 12 points. "We are certainly going to give it all we got when we are in Detroit"

nonetheless, the Bobcats now have a 2 to 0 advantage in this series against the Pistons and would look to take a crucial game 3 and take it to an almost win situation of 3-0, no team in the NBA has ever come back from a 3-0 playoffs series to win it.

Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Valor on Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:57 am

Bobcats Survives Another Late Collapse, Takes Game 3

The Bobcats had another great second quarter, outscoring the Pistons 33 to 18, but got complacent with their lead once again in the second half, and it almost cost them the game, again.

Jason Richardson led the way for the Bobcats with 25 points, followed by Michael Beasley's 17 point 13 rebound 6 assist performance, but they almost got beaten by the Piston's backcourt of Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups, who scored 33 points and 28 points 10 assists, respectively. Yuta Tabuse was named the Player of the game once again with another near triple double performance of 10 points 12 assists and 8 steals, 6th man OJ Mayo had a quiet night with 14 points.

Richard Hamilton fired a 3 pointer with 3 seconds remaining in hopes of winning the game, but the shot was off the mark and Tabuse secured the rebound and ensured a victory.

"we were very fortunate to be able to come up with the win, we lost another big lead, and luckily did not lose the game" said Larry Brown

The Bobcats now have a 3-0 series lead on the Pistons, no team has ever come back from down 0-3 to win a playoffs series, but that's the situation that the Pistons are facing right now, it'll be a crucial game for Detroit in game 4.

Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Change! CHA -Semifinals:Bobcats survives collapse, 3-0

Postby Sacramento-kings on Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:33 am

S you are now in the conference finals, cool. There is no way you can lose 4 games in a row.
but how is Yuta Tabuse's rating 74???
Sacramento-kings

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame