Rate My Trade

Talk about NBA Live 09 here.

Rate My Trade

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:33 pm

Just made a trade and want to get some other people's opinion's on it? Post it here. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby POLISH_BOY on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:42 pm

So I made first big trade this year. To see how my roster looked before that trade see "Rate My Team" topic. My team record before that trade was 5-10

LaMarcus Aldridge ( 4ppg.3rpg) <-----> Joachim Noah
Sergio Rodriguez (5ppg,3apg) <-----> Derrick Rose

So after that trade, I have two Chicago players in my team, and I've played one match , against Sacramento at Portland. What's interesting before that trade I played at Sacramento . Unfortunatel I lost both games, after and before that trade. However at Sacramento I lost by more than 20 points, and at Portland (after trade) I lost only by 5 points and I had big chance to win.

Derrick Rose had 21 points and 8 assists and Noah had 18 points and 9 rebounds, So I think, that was nice debut.
POLISH_BOY

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:29 am

Very nice trade there, all things considered Aldridge is better than Noah at this point but it doesn't seem he was working out that well for you in your Dynasty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

charlotte dynasty bobcats

Postby Cleveland wins on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:58 am

Please rate this trade, I traded earl boykins and matt caroll for josh howard. I feel that this may not be realistic because i don't think that the mavericks would give up howard. Edit:I just remembered i added josh smith along with boykins and caroll.
Cleveland wins

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:01 pm

It's not realistic but getting Howard is a good move. If it was just Boykins and Carroll then it would be an absolute steal but with Josh Smith that's a fair bit to give up for him. Still, you can probably stomach losing Carroll and Howard is a better shooter than Smith and Boykins can be a liability because of his height, so it's a good aquisition in an alright deal.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Chaoot on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:48 am

Ok, hmm in my bulls dynasty, I traded:

1. Hinrich and 2nd round pick for Maggette
2. Deng for Aldridge and 2nd round pick

Not sure if Portland would do such a trade in real life though...

What do you think? (By the way damn it is tuff to trade in '09, and i don't try to trade Paul for Madsen ;))

Wanted to trade Hinrich for Aldridge originally, but cpu kept counteroffering him for deng, and I wasn't too attached to Deng, so...
Kinda wanted Batum in the mix but couldn't really work it out, neither did Deng and Hinrich for Fernandez and Aldridge :(

I'm quite happy though
... Operari sequitur esse ...
Chaoot

Postby Cleveland wins on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:25 am

I like this trade, especially the dang trade, you're getting a player in the name of aldridge who can block shots. Its too bad though you had to give up a 2 second rounders, but both trades were worth it. The bulls needed another big man. So i give this trade a b+. Both trades.
Cleveland wins

Postby Cleveland wins on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:41 am

I couldn't believe and i was so happy but, atlanta offered me their 1st pick for powell and i accepted it, i was surprised they would offer me a 1st rounder because i didn't think atlanta had cap space or roster space. And it happend at the same time when i was about to trade powell and boykins.
Cleveland wins

Postby POLISH_BOY on Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:55 am

Another trade in Blazers dynasty, and another Bulls player joins my team

This time I traded Travis Outlaw (7ppg) for Michael Finley just to trade Finley for Nocioni.

So Andres Nocioni is my third player that came to me from Chicago.

So my S5 looks like that :

Oden
Noah
Nocioni
Roy
Rose
Last edited by POLISH_BOY on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
POLISH_BOY

Postby UVA44 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:19 am

Nice, your young players should develope into a championship team 8-)
"Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit
Feelin’ lit feelin’ light, 2 am summer night."
UVA44

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:56 am

Chaoot wrote:1. Hinrich and 2nd round pick for Maggette
2. Deng for Aldridge and 2nd round pick

I like it, the Aldridge deal brings in post scorer while clearing the logjam at guard and the Maggette deal replaces Deng quite nicely. The second round picks are also nice insurance policies. Good work. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby UVA44 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Shaq, 1st, 2nd rd. picks for Allen Iverson
Boris Diaw for Mehmet Okur
Matt Barnes for Russel Westbrook
Nash for Kaman and 2nd rd pick

Starting Line-up:
C-Kaman (83)
PF- Stoudemire (92)
SF- Raja Bell (75)
SG- Allen Iverson (91)
PG- Russel Westbrook (77)
"Crush a bit, little bit, roll it up, take a hit
Feelin’ lit feelin’ light, 2 am summer night."
UVA44

Postby POLISH_BOY on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:39 am

More trades in my dynasty !

This time I traded Bonzi Wells who was signed before for Russel Westbrook

and

I traded Marco Bellinelli and Danilo Gallinari for Anthony Parker

I'm making trades so often because I am not satisfaied with results of my team (record : 15-18) But whats interesting I'm winning with teams like Lakers, Celtics, Spurs but losing to Wolves, Hornets or Kings

thats my team :

C)Oden/ Marcin Gortat
PF) Noah/Glen Davis/ Mareese Speights
SF)Anthony Parker/ Andres Nocioni
SG) Roy/ Rudy Fernandez
PG) Derrick Rose/ Russel Westbrook / Jerryd Bayless

Injured List :
Aaron Gray
DJ Strawberry
POLISH_BOY

Postby Andy92_man on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:10 am

The Westbrook trade is great. A steal, but you are stacked at the point with young and talented players. I don't know what your plans are, but if I were you, I would probably package Bayless and Noah for a better powerforward..
Andy92_man

Postby POLISH_BOY on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:46 am

You're right about Bayless, I think I gotta trade him for tall player. But when it comes to Noah I think that that was great deal to get him instead of Aldridge. Aldridge was scoring about 4ppg and grabbing about 2-3 rpg, but Noah is much better - 12ppg,7rpg.

After all those trades I changed my gameplan . My strating 5 is playing more time and I play more pick'n'rolls and instead of shooting threes I'm penetrating more.

What I have to tell you I'am disapointed about my Small Forwards, I'm still trading them because I can't find anyone who will be good enough. Nocioni has always a good opening, he scores 4-6 points in a row and then he misses everything.

I am very happy about Rudy Fernandez he's my best Sixth Man
POLISH_BOY

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:47 pm

That Westbrook deal should open up a few more trade possibilities for you since Bayless should now be expendable. What kind of small forward are you looking for?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby POLISH_BOY on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:23 pm

I need some alternative for Roy, someone with great shot, although, I don't want my SF to be my best scorer.

I play Post Up and Pick'n Rolls a lot but I really like spot up too, but only player that is useful in Spot Up is Brandon Roy and he's my best scorer.

I need someone who will be scoring more than 10 ppg. Rudy Fernandez is doing it but he's good only when he comes out of the bench.

I want my post players to play on high percentage and rebound a lot, my SGs and SFs are to shoot from distance or penetrate sometimes and PGs are here to to pass the ball to other players and penetrate seldom.

That's my obvious strategy :) I play like that most of my games but when I play against team that have really good post players and I am not able to score with Oden or Noah, then I have to play more spot up, but It isn't possible to do it effectively only with Roy and Fernandez who comes out of the bench.

So I need just solid and reliable SF in my team because Nocioni and Parker so irregular...
POLISH_BOY

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:22 pm

How about someone like Peja Stojakovic, Andrei Kirilenko or Lamar Odom? Or if you're looking for someone rated a bit lower, maybe the likes of Boris Diaw, Desmond Mason, Quentin Richardson, Mike Dunleavy or Hedo Turkoglu would be of more interest to you.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby POLISH_BOY on Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:41 pm

First 3 players are too good, like I said before I dont want my SF to be a team leader.
I tried getting Diaw,Richardson and Turkoglu:

Suns don't want to trade any of theirs players
Knicks don't want to trade Quentin
Magic still gives me counter offer which I don't accept

Desmond Mason isn't a player that has a good shoot enough

I don't like Mike Dunleavy :twisted:

I would probably stay with Roy , Fernandez, Nocioni, Parker on SG/SF positions

Roy is my best player, Fernandez can also score a lot, Parker is able to make clutch threes and Nocioni always makes two or three shots per game. So I think that It' isn't a bad compilation :)
POLISH_BOY

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:54 am

Who's struggling at the moment in your Dynasty? They might be more willing to trade one of their swingmen.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby POLISH_BOY on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:35 am

Just made another trade !

this time I had to trade a lot of my players to get SF. I was making one trade after another just to finally get SF :).

The players that I traded to other teams :

Jerryd Bayless
Mareese Speights
Glen Davis
Andres Nocioni
Anthony Parker

Players that I traded from other teams :

Quentin Richardson
Vladimir Radmanovic
Jerome James (already released)
Greg Buckner (already released)

I signed :

Kareem Rush
Nicolas Batum

So here's my team roster :

C) Oden/Gortat
PF) Noah/Radmanovic
SF) Rudy Fernandez/ Quentin Richardson
SG)Roy/ Rush /Batum
PG) Rose/ Westbrook/ DJ Strawberry

IL:
Aaron Gray
POLISH_BOY

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:28 am

A lot of wheeling and dealing but Richardson should hopefully give you a bit of a scoring punch off the bench.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Morzikei on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:36 am

PS2... first I did some stuff with JR Smith that ended up in me getting Big Z. but that's not the trade

Allen Iverson(top point man), Steven(?) Hunter Out
Rasheed Wallace, Richard Hamilton In

I first saw the possibility for the real trade, but I already had Jasikevicius (brought him up to 77), and since I don't really like Martin's playing style, I think I'll trade him next... But what are the opinions about this particular trade?
Morzikei

Postby Cleveland wins on Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:31 am

[quote="Morzikei"]PS2... first I did some stuff with JR Smith that ended up in me getting Big Z. but that's not the trade

Allen Iverson(top point man), Steven(?) Hunter Out
Rasheed Wallace, Richard Hamilton In

I first saw the possibility for the real trade, but I already had Jasikevicius (brought him up to 77), and since I don't really like Martin's playing style, I think I'll trade him next... But what are the opinions about
I have a few things to say about this, first of all isn't jasikevicius a veteran? And you actually were able to boost his overall to 77? So you actually have big z on your denver nuggets team? I like that jr. smith trade, but could you post your whole roster? Do you still have nene? that'll give people ideas about possible trades that we can help you make. But if you are doing a denver dynasty i think that you should trade a small forward a second round draft pick and another player to new york for one of their rookie small forwards. Do you scout? If so i think denver needs a point gaurd and a shooting gaurd that can play defense. So in the up coming draft i think maybe you should draft a pg or an sg?
Cleveland wins

Postby Morzikei on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:44 pm

that's the idea - right now I'm focusing on the front-court, because I like a nice half-court game, as well as I like my teams being balanced - i's better to have a solid starting 5 than to have the Big Three and Perkins at center... I( don't remember the full roster (once I do, I'll post it in the Team thread) I don't have Nene anymore, in fact, all three centers (now that Hunter's gone) are white... also, I have three Lithuanians, and I edited them all both in the NT and the respective NBA teams. Kleiza has a pretty good rating and high FG and 3pt ratings - but something makes him extremely ineffective (unless shooting from his tiny hotspot)
Morzikei

Next

Return to NBA Live 09