NBA 2k9 Bugs and Glitches Thread

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

Postby EMan on Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:31 am

From what I've heard, the menu lag is caused by items plugged into your USB port (most likely keyboards). Apparently unplugging them fixes it. Of course if that is the keyboard you have to use in game, that makes it unplayable for the most part.
EMan

Re: No Dribble sound on other parts of the court!

Postby Beatboxer on Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:50 am

shadowgrin wrote:
migz15 wrote:Ok I'll try this and see if it works. .

yeah i hear the bounce but the difference when youre near the screen is so big.. its too loud when youre near the screen and too minimal almost gone away the screen..

3D audio?

LMAO. :lol: :lol:

vanrob wrote:Hey guys. I cant find the way to get rid of black strip comin thru all screen during game which apears afters slam dunk. It looks like it is something to do with sprite slam cam. When black strip arears it stays for all game. Anyone could help ? nba 2k9 xbox360 ver.

similar to that

http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 253sf7.jpg

from

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192517

Try deleting settings from your XBOX360 drive. Then restart the game. I don't have a console but many problems have been resolved with that trick.
Beatboxer

Postby EMan on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:10 am

EMan wrote:From what I've heard, the menu lag is caused by items plugged into your USB port (most likely keyboards). Apparently unplugging them fixes it. Of course if that is the keyboard you have to use in game, that makes it unplayable for the most part.

I unplugged my keyboard from the USB slot in the back and moved it to a separate hub I had. Lag is gone now. Menus work fine.
EMan

Postby Eich on Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:51 pm

well i never use a keyboard in sport games. So i have a gamepad and there is no problem with that, thanks, ill try it.
Eich

Postby EMan on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:42 am

Found another bug in the PC version.

Computer generated rookies in Association Mode have pics. Pics of real life former players. I drafted a point guard to my Hawks team who had Jon Barrys pic. Unfortunately he looks nothing like Jon Barry. My rookie is black.

I'm assuming all the other pics that the rookies are using are real people too. J. Barry was just the first one I recognized.

EDIT: And this has happened in every Association I've tried. This is a computer generated rookie on the Bulls.

http://www.picvault.info/images/5370809 ... kiewth.jpg
EMan

Postby cdeliever on Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:26 am

Hey! Somebody help me! There isn't "out of ball" in the game. How can i fuck that shit :) :evil: :-x
i love this life style!
cdeliever

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:45 am

cdeliever wrote:How can i fuck that shit :) :evil: :-x

You just gotta stick it in and go to town hoping she doesn't shit on your dick. :hump:
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby simonsky96 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:01 pm

I SUBBED IMMEDIATELY DURING MY MOST RECENT SUB IS TAKING PLACE(WHILE THE PICTURES OF THE PLAYERS WERE CHANGING) THEN THE REFEREE WON'T HAND THE BALL TO THE INBOUNDER WTF ! HAHAHHA.. EVEN AFTER 10 SECS HAVE PASSED....... SO I CALLED THE TIMEOUT AND IT CAME BACK TO NORMAL....
simonsky96

Postby Angelo on Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:16 pm

Pdub wrote:
cdeliever wrote:How can i fuck that shit :) :evil: :-x

You just gotta stick it in and go to town hoping she doesn't shit on your dick. :hump:

hahaha thats funny :lol:
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby spursparker9 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:58 pm

anyway to see the scorebox for the home team???
spursparker9

Postby Leander on Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:17 am

Create a player: I cannot see the tattoos well. The skin texture is blurry and the tattoo is covered by sweat or some texture layer...I can hardly see what the tattoo actually looks like.

Moreover, the face never changes. I can edit the face, set the sliders to anything but the face is always the same. I can edit the hairstyle but the face sliders do not change anything.
Leander

Postby cdeliever on Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:45 am

What can i do for "out of ball" problem?* :(
i love this life style!
cdeliever

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:12 am

cdeliever, delete settings. If you are having this problem in a season or association mode, you will need to delete it also and start over. Do not modify any settings directly after playing practice/tutorial mode and this bug will not occur.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby EMan on Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 am

I'm now getting blue screen crashes during games.

Checking the mindump log says that a driver file for my Creative Labs Audigy 2 Value card is the culprit.

I tried updating to the latest non-beta sound card drivers. Didn't help. :(

Anyone else getting blue screens?
EMan

Postby cdeliever on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:53 am

Pdub wrote:cdeliever, delete settings. If you are having this problem in a season or association mode, you will need to delete it also and start over. Do not modify any settings directly after playing practice/tutorial mode and this bug will not occur.

where is settings?* i can't found in my documents folder(in vista) :( :?: :roll:
i love this life style!
cdeliever

Postby el badman on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:28 am

cdeliever, it's in the "AppData" folder. It may be hidden by default so you would need to enable hidden folders in your control panel (in the "folders" menu).
Then it will be in the AppData/Roaming/2K9 folder.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby cdeliever on Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:35 am

el badman wrote:cdeliever, it's in the "AppData" folder. It may be hidden by default so you would need to enable hidden folders in your control panel (in the "folders" menu).
Then it will be in the AppData/Roaming/2K9 folder.

thank ya! :lol:
i love this life style!
cdeliever

Postby UltraNIX on Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:15 am

what i've encountered - auto subs. i play association with nuggets. and i have billups and carter at PG. but it doesn't not matter for the CPU, which may sub in at PG guys like anthony, kleiza, d. jones and even SF/PF renaldo balkman. i also may have 3 centers playing 3-5 positions and other jokes like that. it's really annoying, especially at the beginning of the quarter, you are forced to stop the play and get the accurate lineup back on the court.
UltraNIX

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:10 am

UltraNIX wrote:what i've encountered - auto subs. i play association with nuggets. and i have billups and carter at PG. but it doesn't not matter for the CPU, which may sub in at PG guys like anthony, kleiza, d. jones and even SF/PF renaldo balkman. i also may have 3 centers playing 3-5 positions and other jokes like that. it's really annoying, especially at the beginning of the quarter, you are forced to stop the play and get the accurate lineup back on the court.

You gotta set your rotations well. You really need to balance 48 minutes for each position. The more you stray from that, the more crazy the lineups get. I try to put 48 minutes between my starting pg and backup pg, but I usually leave it a couple minutes short because I have a sg who can play the point also. It doesn't always workout like that, but as long as my third option is available, say with a starter in foul trouble and a fatigued backup, the cpu will put him in at the point. It helps to edit your players and put the secondary positions in if they aren't in already. If you are trying to give too many forwards time on the court, they might end up at the guard position.

You also need to set your lineups to your preference for your bench, defense, etc. This really helped my rotations alot. I believe this is where the bug lies, because when I make a roster change or get an injured player, if I don't have the cpu reset the rotations then it will automatically fill the lineup, which often results in a choice that I don't want.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby UltraNIX on Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:16 pm

Pdub wrote:
UltraNIX wrote:what i've encountered - auto subs. i play association with nuggets. and i have billups and carter at PG. but it doesn't not matter for the CPU, which may sub in at PG guys like anthony, kleiza, d. jones and even SF/PF renaldo balkman. i also may have 3 centers playing 3-5 positions and other jokes like that. it's really annoying, especially at the beginning of the quarter, you are forced to stop the play and get the accurate lineup back on the court.

You gotta set your rotations well. You really need to balance 48 minutes for each position. The more you stray from that, the more crazy the lineups get. I try to put 48 minutes between my starting pg and backup pg, but I usually leave it a couple minutes short because I have a sg who can play the point also. It doesn't always workout like that, but as long as my third option is available, say with a starter in foul trouble and a fatigued backup, the cpu will put him in at the point. It helps to edit your players and put the secondary positions in if they aren't in already. If you are trying to give too many forwards time on the court, they might end up at the guard position.

You also need to set your lineups to your preference for your bench, defense, etc. This really helped my rotations alot. I believe this is where the bug lies, because when I make a roster change or get an injured player, if I don't have the cpu reset the rotations then it will automatically fill the lineup, which often results in a choice that I don't want.

i will try it out, that might be the case.

another one. i encountered playing against cavs and utah. deron and lebron got first fouls at the very first minutes and were subbed out until 3 final minutes of the 4th quarter. how come? true bench players were subbing in and out to fill the spots of lebron (cavs) and deron (utah). is there any way to solve this out? and that "sub out after first quick foul" glitch is really annoying.
UltraNIX

Re: NBA 2k9 Bugs and Glitches Thread

Postby Jing on Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:08 am

Wow, I was in the middle of an association game versus the Clippers, and Eric Gordon got injured and hobbled off to the bench, then the game went into a cutscene loop of Gordon sitting on the bench, with his face in a smirk (up close view, then full body view, then back to close up view), I left it for like 10 minutes, came back and it was still stuck in the loop, so had to reset the game.

Very interesting, and couldn't call timeout or do anything to break out of the loop.
Jing

Postby Leander on Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Each time I start the game I have to readjust my sliders. Sometimes they are ok, sometimes they are fu.. up. e.g. everthing is on but fatigue etc.
It is very random. And yes, I save my settings and have autosave enabled.

Now a bug:

I played with a custom team. My backup PG was injured..."is hurt blabla"...the camera zoomed to my hurt player and showed him standing there...and some other players...then everything was looped. He was standing there over and over again. I couln´t call a timeout or anything. I had to quit the match.
Leander

Postby deviruchi on Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:46 am

everytime i changed my Sliders some of my players won't do the "Crossover" and "Spin Move" specially the C and PF.. is this a bug?
deviruchi

Postby Leander on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:51 am

Ah, just saw that Jing had the same bug like me.
Leander

Postby Leander on Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:52 am

deviruchi wrote:everytime i changed my Sliders some of my players won't do the "Crossover" and "Spin Move" specially the C and PF.. is this a bug?

No, most big men do not have high ballhandling ratings and therefore cannot perform such moves.
Leander

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older