NBA 2k9 Bugs and Glitches Thread

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

Re: No Dribble sound on other parts of the court!

Postby MacBryce on Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:55 am

Kobe ftw wrote:
migz15 wrote:only at the lower side of the court has dribbling sounds. when youre at the center or top side, theres no sound of the ball..

Any solution for this!? thanks!!

is anyone also experiencing this!?

Yeah same problem here.

Missing ballhandling/dribbling sound, no sound when ball hitting the ground, only in some places around court.

Anyone knows how to fix it?

I have the same issue. It's also there in practice mode. Funny enough, it takes a really long time to notice the bouncing ball sound not being there.
MacBryce

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:30 am

As far as I know, the 360 version doesn't have the sound of the ball hitting the court when a player is dribbling either.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby berfles on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:23 am

Well, I have to re-map my controller every time I start the game. The analog sticks don't work until I change one button, then they'll work.

Lately I'll be playing and the game will just kick my to my desktop without error or warning, it just goes away. Happened twice with the team I am playing.

And when you first load Association, where the headlines are if you try to click on certain ones, the game dumps back to the desktop without error or warning again.

Can anyone confirm this last one?
berfles

Postby Leetiaoco on Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:41 am

This is for the PC version (Association Mode) Vista 64

in trading I want to change the team that I'm going to trade to... yet I'm stuck with Boston the button doesn't work.

... in the default menu...the
Leetiaoco

Postby el badman on Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:21 am

Well, you have to change your sliders before you start a game, otherwise they will revert back to what you had before you started the game.

Goddamn I'm retarded, the Sliders can be accessed in "Features/My NBA" from the main menu, completely missed that one...Now it's saving them properly and I can finally play with realistic settings.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Wonderland on Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:22 am

I get a weird graphics glitch related to the jerseys on Ultra High mode where, after a while of playing, it'll suddenly look like it's flashing back and forth between the moving jerseys of ultra high settings and the static jerseys of high textures. It looks pretty weird in game, like the jerseys are blinking or something.

Also, on certain MSAA and MSAA quality settings, there's a really weird graphics glitch. It usually goes away when i alt+tab out and back in. Here are a couple screens of it.

Wonderland

Postby GuCcI08 on Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:12 am

its goin to be annoyin hearin tha ball bounce all game. i like it tha way it is.
GuCcI08

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:26 pm

True, I don't recall hearing a bouncing sound whenever I watch a televised game, either.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby fumanchu on Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:35 pm

MacBryce wrote:
Kobe ftw wrote:
migz15 wrote:only at the lower side of the court has dribbling sounds. when youre at the center or top side, theres no sound of the ball..

Yeah same problem here.

Missing ballhandling/dribbling sound, no sound when ball hitting the ground, only in some places around court.

I have the same issue. It's also there in practice mode. Funny enough, it takes a really long time to notice the bouncing ball sound not being there.

i have tested this on my game. there's is a dribbling sound but it's too low...i have my speakers setup near me so i can get a good feel of the game and when i learned about this bug, i tested it and there is still a dribbling sound but just low and like pdub mentioned, you cant really hear that sound during a live game all the time..
:twisted:
fumanchu
D' Energizer

Postby Seraph on Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:49 am

MacBryce wrote:
Kobe ftw wrote:

Yeah same problem here.

Not really a bug, theres a simple solution
You need to put the Sound hardware accelerator in "Standard"

IN XP , is in Control Panel==> Audio & SOund Devices ==> Speakers Andvance Properties ==> Hardware Accelerator

My XP is in Spanish, so Im not sure about the names.. sorry

I solved this easily, cause I had the same issue with before with PES 5 or 6

Too bad I had to swith to 2k9 btw
Seraph

Postby Kobe ftw on Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:54 am

In Vista?
Kobe ftw

Postby migz15 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:46 am

Seraph wrote:
MacBryce wrote:
Kobe ftw wrote:

Yeah same problem here.

Not really a bug, theres a simple solution
You need to put the Sound hardware accelerator in "Standard"

IN XP , is in Control Panel==> Audio & SOund Devices ==> Speakers Andvance Properties ==> Hardware Accelerator

My XP is in Spanish, so Im not sure about the names.. sorry

I solved this easily, cause I had the same issue with before with PES 5 or 6

Too bad I had to swith to 2k9 btw

Ok I'll try this and see if it works. .

yeah i hear the bounce but the difference when youre near the screen is so big.. its too loud when youre near the screen and too minimal almost gone away the screen..
migz15

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:53 am

migz15 wrote:Ok I'll try this and see if it works. .

yeah i hear the bounce but the difference when youre near the screen is so big.. its too loud when youre near the screen and too minimal almost gone away the screen..

3D audio?
Last edited by shadowgrin on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby jusagamerk26 on Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:09 pm

i found a glitch in association mode..im using portland and was defeated by oklahoma city but when i got back to the association menu it shows that i won the game also in my standing it shows that i won..
anybody who experience this?
jusagamerk26

Postby Kobe ftw on Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:08 am

How to change audio acelerator in Vista32? cannot find, have some settings but cannot find.
Kobe ftw

Postby Seraph on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:32 am

Kobe ftw wrote:How to change audio acelerator in Vista32? cannot find, have some settings but cannot find.

Apparently you cant

[spoiler]http://compreviews.about.com/od/multimedia/a/VistaAudio.htm[/spoiler]
Seraph

Postby Oosh on Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Found a bug: In Assosiation if you make an offer to 2 players but only have cap room for one of them and they both accept the game will go into a permanent loop saying that you dont have enough cash to sign the second player.
Oosh

Postby cj_miranda23 on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:15 pm

how about the crowd is cheering nonstop like they never rest/stop clapping or shouting for the whole game :lol: (12mins per quarter), is this a BUG???
cj_miranda23

Postby Za man on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:33 pm

Makaveli wrote:Can somebody help ? I have problem with keyboard , when i try to change controls , or do something in options , my keyboard is switching off :( Can somebody tell what i can do ?

I guess this problem happens when you use both the controller & the keyboard that's a glitch of being a 360 port. From the beginning of the game you need to determine which one to use and don't switch between them during the game cause using one will disable the other. :wink:
Za man

Postby Za man on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:45 pm

Pdub wrote:cj_miranda23, delete your settings file to fix the inbound glitch. Do not modify settings and then directly go into practice mode or blacktop mode or else it will cause the issue again.

So after i modify a setting what should i do? close the game than start it again or what exactly.
Za man

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 am

Don't go into practice mode or blacktop mode directly after doing it, that's it.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby imefimef on Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:30 am

JaoSming wrote:there is one piece of dialog for those quick player specific replays where kellogg says "Oden is really tearing it up, The Blazers will have to shut him down in the coming minutes." That's paraphrased but that it is the only one I've really noticed so far.

me too for PC
They say "b!tc#" is the new black, well i say black is the new president b!tc#.
imefimef

Postby vanrob on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:05 am

Hey guys. I cant find the way to get rid of black strip comin thru all screen during game which apears afters slam dunk. It looks like it is something to do with sprite slam cam. When black strip arears it stays for all game. Anyone could help ? nba 2k9 xbox360 ver.

similar to that

http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 253sf7.jpg

from

http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192517
vanrob

Postby EMan on Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:12 pm

Anyone else have HORRENDOUS lag on the title/team select screen? Seems to be because of those stupid movies playing in the background. Anyway to turn those off?
EMan

Postby Eich on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:25 am

i have the same problem as EMan.. its annoying
Eich

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older