NBA 2k9 Sliders thread

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

NBA 2k9 Sliders thread

Postby Dan's Brain on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:48 am

The game is incredibly good, but not quite perfect fresh out of the box. So could people maybe stick some slider tweaks in this thread?
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:42 pm

Certainly a good idea. I'll sticky the thread as we do with the NBA Live sections, please post any and all slider suggestions here. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:26 am

The computer is so fyucking cheat in this game lol!!! They can break a lead whenever they feel like
ThaLiveKing

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:57 am

Check out "BL sim sliders." He's a moderator at 2ksports. You can get them by going to Features/My NBA/Download Sliders. Benicio10's sliders are a good work in progress, too.

ThaLiveKing, turn off Clutch Factor(on/off) and turn down the Clutch slider for the cpu to 0, just in case. That is basically the same thing as the old comeback AI in Live.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:49 pm

Thanks Pdub!!!
ThaLiveKing

Postby BIG GREEN on Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:55 pm

I had to adjust BL's sim sliders by reducing user offense sliders for effective "all-star" difficulty playing. I'm currently trying to get the rivalry achievements...and I found that I scored way too easily with his sliders. I ended up scoring 130 ppg ..more or less in 12 minute quarters...not acceptable.
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:48 pm

I liked them as far as cpu shot selection and overall difficulty. I will definitely be adjusting the user shooting sliders based on my abilities. I couldn't hit many jumpers or 3's and layups were missed more then I would like them to be, and it was a bit easy to score from the post. I think I ended up getting the inside scoring achievement.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:05 pm

I really liked the sliders as well. Playing as the Bulls, i lost 105-97 to the Magic in 11 minute quarters. There were will still slightly too many steals, and it was a bit too easy to drive to the bucket. But i was able to get Ben Gordon to successfully play like he does in real life for the first time ever in an NBA video game.

One thing that is annoying is that the CPU very rarely uses their bench. Fatigue is on, and the substitution method is rotation, but most of the starters still play the full game. Anyone have any ideas?
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:29 am

Yes, CPU substitution defaults to "fatigue" so you can use another controller and change the setting for the cpu to rotation or you can just lower the cpu stamina in the sliders and they will sub more.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Dan's Brain on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:44 am

Yes, CPU substitution defaults to "fatigue"

Ahhhh, well that's slightly irritating. Easy fix though, thanks pdub.
Dan's Brain
My Manwich!

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:27 am

how far down do you think the cpu's 3pt shooting should be turned down?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:26 pm

Qballer wrote:how far down do you think the cpu's 3pt shooting should be turned down?

I think it depends on alot of other factors. I first had it at 45, but haven't really seen any definitive outcome to keep it there. It is set to 40 in BL's sliders which is what I am using. I played against GSW and they went 4-9. I am playing on All Star difficulty.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jing on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:51 am

Used that guy BL's sliders or something, modified and decreased the percentages for both CPU and mine, still ended up with scores near the mid-120's on 12 minute quarters.. still a lot of tweaking around needed.
Jing

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:09 am

To get the cpu to use more of the shotclock, you can lower the game speed and player speed by pressing the hop step button at the controller select screen, or you can lower the offensive tempo and/or increase the 'runs plays' slider in the coach profiles for the cpu team, and/or lower the shooting tendencies at either of the coach profiles or cpu tendency sliders.

Try to keep game speed and player speed close. game speed speeds or slows down the gameplay, and I am talking like a slow motion video. Set it to 0 and you can see what I am talking about. Player speed is basically how fast the players move on the court, I don't think it speeds up any animations besides walking, jogging and running, but I haven't tested this since I keep them pretty close.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mauroth on Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:24 am

I find really hard dunking. They always make a layup or a shot, but no way to dunk regurarly. It's only a problem of mine?

Sorry for my bad english
mauroth

Postby hova- on Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:42 pm

I turned dunks in traffic even to 35 since I hate those big finishes in the lane all the time. Makes the game more realistic, in my Twolves dynasty I had no one making impressive dunks except Rodney Carney who throw down some breakaway jams and alley oops. Thus when I managed to half spin by Yao with Al and then slammed it in Scolas face I was definitely going nuts. ("OOOOWEEEEE")
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

can anybody post realistic sliders for pc?

Postby jesspherclayde on Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:59 pm

I couldn't find anything on this website, i am looking for sliders for a 8-9 min quarters superstar to hof mode. thankss
jesspherclayde

Postby OPJ on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Here are my sliders:
Difficulty: Superstar
10 Min Quarters
Game Speed 35
Real FT% enabled

45/40
50/50
50/45
50/40
40/30
30/30
70/70

50/50
45/43

50/50
25/25
75/75
50/50
80/70
65/40
60/60
50/50
50/45
50/40
50/50
40/40
50/50
50/50
55/40
40/15
50/50
60/40
50/50

50/25
50/75
50/45
50/30
25/25
50/40
50/55
50/55
20/50
50/40
50/50
55/65
65/50
45/45
70/45
60/60
OPJ

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:26 pm

Those look like BL sim sliders 2, and they are good, but I had a few instances where big players who shouldn't be putting up 3's would jack them up if they were open.

For anyone who doesn't understand which part is for which, the numbers on the left are for USER, on the right is for CPU. The first set are scoring sliders. The second are the defensive sliders. The third are the attributes sliders. The fourth are the tendency sliders.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby OPJ on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:22 am

Pdub wrote:Those look like BL sim sliders 2, and they are good, but I had a few instances where big players who shouldn't be putting up 3's would jack them up if they were open.

yeah i got this problem to sometimes but last night D.Fisher was open 3times with no players on him and missed from the 3point line.I'm working now to make new sliders because with this superstars dominate very often.
OPJ

Postby TC#10 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:23 am

Hey guys, Is there any sliders for the PC? since we cannot download the slider settings like you can since you have the xbox360 version or ps3 could you post up pics of the sliders so we, PC users can adjust accordingly? Thanks
Official NBA 2K9 PC Version Appreciation Thread: http://www.2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197649
TC NBA 2K9 PRO Gameplay Sliders for the PC Thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... rs-pc.html
Ways to make CPU Superstars & PGs to be more Dominant: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=63361
TC#10

Postby Jax351 on Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:06 am

Found these in another forum.

I just played one game with them, but they played pretty well.

jd's sliders's "found out somethings" defense finally!!!
started not to post , but felt i had to. i have done slider's for 2k8 pre-patch that really went over good,and most recent to madden 09 .

quick notes before i post my slider set. these are for advanced players that want sim basketball,no cheese from human or computer side. i have been searching for the players to start playing defense because i think this game makes it so easy for the superstar's to dominate!!!! finally i am seeing team defense from everyone. hard to explain but try it and you will see a instant differrence!!!! again i suggest you make sure your comfortable with all the post moves,dribble moves, off the ball etc...

if you want a game where superstar's really have to earn it everytime!!1 and role players have to hope the superstar's set them up otherwise there game's will be exposed!!!

mix things up use plays, off the ball, run when you can and play hard like every possesion is your last.

don't worry stats are there,realistic as hell!!! coaching comes into play use your timeout's wisely!!!! also fouls come into play you'll see

allstar 9 or 10 min's (razr's roster's) ps 3 nogster stuff,portland stuff etc...)
my thought's on nba 2k9 are probally the best sports game ever. excited to see what 2k patches. collision detection needs work guy's morphing through jumping defender's ,fast break slow down etc... to easy to score down low with pretty much anybody, team defense and rotation was non existent .. until i tried on ball defense 100 both sides. just felt easy after i got the hang of the new controls espically with the super star's, but i think i have cleaned up a lot of the problem's.

try them out and post your thought's thanks!!!

thing's you will see right away guys taking charges when they come to help, sometimes they will try to steal the ball as some example's. just new animations when guy's go to the hole.defense seems more fluid. my computer defender actually blocked the back door cut on his own,rather then just letting it happen. it feels like now you don't have to switch to cover everything on defense. finally defensive stops!!! lol!!!!!

gameplayDifficulty: All Star
Quarter Length: 9 - 10 minutes (I usually play on 9 mins)
Fatigue: ON
Injuries: ON
Clutch Factor: ON
Real Player FT%: ON
Game Speed: 48
Free Throw Difficulty – 50

NBA RULES - FOULS ( may lower fouls here or with in the slider's since this new found on ball defense >(will be changing but start here and let me know)
Charging Foul – 100
Blocking Foul – 65
Reaching Foul - 55
Shooting Foul - 50
Loose Ball Foul - 100

let me stress i am still tweaking these because the game is playing so different now. which is a good thing. wanted to get them up so that everyone could give input.don't get frustrated because now a lot of the time you have to work to score and get a good shot. feels like your playing against a human player.
USER / CPU
OFFENSE
Close Shot Success – 10 / 10
Mid Range Success – 47 / 47
3pt Success – 48 / 48
Layup Success – 45 / 45
Dunk Success – 47 / 47
Dunks in Traffic – 5 / 5
Screen Success – 61 / 63

DEFENSE
Steal Success – 58 / 58 (may change...need input)
Help Defense Strength –100 / 100

ATTRIBUTES
Stealing – 52 / 52
Blocking – 12 / 12
Ball Handling – 40 / 35
Dunking Ability – 50 / 50
Off. Awareness – 50 / 50 (may change need input)
Def. Awareness – 50 / 50
Off. Rebounding – 23 / 20
Def. Rebounding – 25 / 20
Clutch – 10 / 10
Speed – 42 / 40 (slight favor to try to help with fast break slow down . may increase need feedback)
Strength – 45 / 45
Stamina – 48 / 48
Durabilty – 50 / 50
Vertical – 50 / 50
Quickness – 27 / 25
Hustle – 55 / 55
Hands – 48 / 40(at this setting the computer is not swating all of my ally -oops. the key i beleive is to do it when your guy is crossing over or just moving not just standing still... just my thought. need input)
On-Ball Defense – 100 / 90 (the thing that saved this game for me!!! still get great spacing and open shots.just that the defender's is not shook in one second or 1st move!! youll see.also helps with team defense rotation finally right!!)
Injury Severity – 48 / 48

TENDENCIES (still need some input with tendencies for cpu)
Take Close Shots – 0 / 0 (staying..at 0)
Take Mid-Range Shots – 40 / 100 (staying at 100)
Take 3pt Shots – 50 / 42
Attack the Basket – 50 / 45 (may change)
Finish Strong Inside – 50 / 45
Look For Post Players – 50 / 63 (may increase ...need input)
Use Triple Threat – 50 / 90
Use Fadeaways – 20 / 20
Use Hookshots – 5 / 5
Attempt Putbacks – 49 / 49
Throw Flashy Passes – 0 / 0
Commit Fouls – 80 / 88 (feels good. but need more input)
Play Passing Lanes – 50 / 50 (may change)
Go for On-Ball Steals – 65 / 65
Contest Shots – 38 / 38 (still not decided , need input)
Use Sizeup Moves – 55 / 55
Jax351

Postby Wonderland on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:08 pm

I posted these on another site, but might as well go ahead and put it here too.

Well folks, been working on sliders for use with the default PC rosters, which originally made for very quick paced action with too many shots and a whole host of other issues.

I recognize that the best way to fix these issues is by actually setting individual player and coach tendencies, along with overall gameplay sliders, but since there aren't many PC rosters out yet, I figured I'd get these out for anyone wanting a better experience with what we have so far.

Basically my philosophy has been to achieve the most realistic end-results as possible with regards to post game statistics. That being said, I've included a settings file as well which works in conjunction with the sliders for fouls and other things.

It's at Pro level with 6 minute quarters, so everything can easily be multiplied by 2 for full-time stats at the end of a game. It goes without saying that everything I've set up is according to my own skill level and expectations/desires of the game. I tend to play realistically on my part, not cheesing and doing what would likely be done in real games, so if you use these sliders but constantly do nothing but drive to the hoop or some other exploits, well that's not what these are designed for.

This isn't necessarily the final version of anything so if there is any feedback and further tweaking of my own, I'll go ahead and update as necessary. One of the things I was debating doing was lowering the foul out limit to 3, considering everything is halved. However, I found that it was too easy for people to get one quick foul early on and get sent to the bench for extended periods of time. I'd have significantly lower fouling tendencies and calls for something like this to work, but I have them sort of high for a more realistic experience. So I decided to leave it at 6 for now, but we'll see. I might go with something like 4 in the future...

All this being said however, there is at least one roster for the PC that has been released. I think it has, among other things, slight individual tendency tweaking, but not enough in my opinion. Also the coaching tendencies aren't changed at all which are a major factor.

http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?t=60897

I've worked with this roster myself and set the coaching sliders for better gameplay and am thinking about releasing that as well, but first I'd probably need to get in contact with the roster creator to see if that's all right with him.

So until then, hopefully you'll enjoy these sliders with either the default rosters, or with the one I posted which it's also compatible with.

Installation: put these files in _:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\2K Sports\NBA 2K9\Saves

It won't overwrite any of your existing files and you can load them separately in the game. Oh and you'll need to be able to view hidden folders as the Application Data folder won't show up otherwise. To do so, open any folder and click Tools->Folder Options->View->check Show hidden files and folders.
Last edited by Wonderland on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wonderland

Postby Wonderland on Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:13 am

Ok there's been an update to this. I think the file I initially posted may not have worked, so these should. Also, I made a few more tweaks to have some more fouls and tighter defense.

Wonderland's S&S (1.1)

Here are some post-game stats with these sliders, keeping in mind everything is halved so multiply by 2 for full-time stats.

Wonderland

Postby Vaduoklis on Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:33 am

Wht includes rar file> sliders and settings? its is important to load your settings?
Vaduoklis

Next

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older