The cleveland cavaliers thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

The cleveland cavaliers thread

Postby Cleveland wins on Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:28 am

Why don't the cavs get themselves a shooting gaurd with some experience, sure kinsey is good but he needs a lot of training. They need somebody like jr.smith, cavs fans what do you want the cavs to do? Why did sasha kaun sign with the russian team? I would like to see cleveland assistants train anderson varajeo in offense in his mid range and inside scoring. Maybe turn anderson into another okafor and make him a blocker and another dwight howard and be a good shooter. Assistants need to work on sasha pavolvic's three point shooting, stealing ability and mid range shooting. Cavs fans do you think the cavs should make some trades?
Cleveland wins

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:45 am

Trade LeBron.
He's going to New Jersey in a few years anyway, might as well get something in return.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Oskar on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:00 am

shadowgrin wrote:Trade LeBron.
He's going to New Jersey in a few years anyway, might as well get something in return.

After some thoughts, I disagree. Strong team, and if he seriously wants, Cavs have a chance of winning this year. If not this, then next. Lots of talent.
Oskar

Postby bowdown on Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:47 am

lebron to blazers for aldridge and roy.

JK. i love what we have right now. it feels even better because its a team built from scratch
bowdown

Postby BIG GREEN on Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:31 pm

This is like the 3rd or 4th cavs thread over the past 6 years atleast. These threads drop faster than grandma's tits.
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Postby Cleveland wins on Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:36 pm

Oh i didn't see any cavs threads hm.
Cleveland wins

Re: The cleveland cavaliers thread

Postby BIG GREEN on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:43 pm

It's times like these I have to wonder wrong this forum when one of the best teams in the NBA has no fans. Whats going on people? Lebron is poised to win his first MVP award and I had to use search to find this thread...lol. I just came on here to find out what the feeling is about the cavs chances of winning the championship but I have my answer now. :P

In either case...lebron and big Z broke a couple records tonight including a record for largest average margin of victory in a 9 game winning streak along with breaking the raptors. All these scrub teams are just fodder until we meet up with the Lakers or Boston and really test the metal of this team. January 9th on ESPN..look out for the crowning of the king.
BIG GREEN

Postby The X on Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:56 pm

I guess bandwagoners just don't like Cleveland....not a big enough market to jump on I guess....either way, Cavs are a lot better than I expected....I expected them to be narrowly beating Pistons out for number 2 seed, but not winning the way they are consistently :shock:
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby ultimateplaya on Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:40 pm

I would have never imagined the Cavs in their position right now. Amazing.
Let's see how they do against the better teams in the league.
ultimateplaya

Postby The X on Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:43 pm

I am not surprised they are sitting number 2 in East, that wasn't too hard to see....17-3 or whatever the heck their record is & winning games by an average of 12ppg & like 20ppg blowouts last 5-6 or however many games is a surprise....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:18 pm

Can we like retroactively award LeBron the last three MVPs to go with this one?
benji

Postby BIG GREEN on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:53 pm

That sounds quite fair and adequate.
BIG GREEN

Postby BIG GREEN on Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:55 am

This last game exposed the lack of depth the cavs have...they basically struggled to maintain a 10 point lead more or less over the sixers of all teams throughout the game. Wally-world was ice cold as usual and so was pretty much everyone else except for verejao who remains the sixth-man for the cavs. Cavs ended up with a 16 point win but that was mainly cause of how bad the sixers are imo.The hawks today should test the team well if both big-Z and boobie don't play again.
BIG GREEN

Postby Lamrock on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:30 pm

Screw the Cavs; how about them Hawks? Not nearly as bad as Benji projected.
Lamrock

Postby BIG GREEN on Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:37 am

Cavs had a good win against the Nuggets who are considered the second best team in the West. Alot of anal-lysts were saying that the cavs are only good against bad teams..so nuts to that.
BIG GREEN

Postby NovU on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:24 am

if it wasn't for could-be-record-breaking season for boston, the cavs are definitely looking like the best team in the nba. very surprised and it seems lebron is capable of winning championship within next few years and possibly multi times in his career if he can keep up being a monster.

Beetlebum wrote:Screw the Cavs; how about them Hawks? Not nearly as bad as Benji projected.

well... the hawks are playing cool too, but what's more interesting is det, tor, phi. most ppl even in this forum predicted them to be among contenders for the top spots in east. so far, record wise, it's not even the case they look like good contenders. additions of j'oneal, brand, iverson... those names aren't translating to wins for any of the teams atm.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:22 pm

LeBron's minutes this year speak volumes about the Cavs dominance and the way they've been blowing teams out. He's had games where he's played 40+ minutes as you'd expect but he's playing around five minutes less per game than last year and had a decent amount of games where he's played less than 36 minutes (including 17 against the Thunder back in November) because they don't need him to win games for them in the fourth. Similar situation with Kobe, but pretty much everyone picked the Lakers to do well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby airBerlin on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:07 am

Biggest surprise so far is definitely Toronto, especially with how well Chris Bosh was playing in the beginning of the year. I really don't know what is going on with them. Cleveland's been a bit of a surprise too. I think everyone would have predicted them to be a playoff contender, but I didn't seen them having a Boston-like record.
Click here to view my dynasty!
airBerlin

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:28 am

True, on the other side of the coin Toronto's struggles are right up there with Cleveland's dominance as far as surprises are concerned.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:22 am

True, who would have thought Cavs would be in 2nd and Toronto in very bottom of Power Ranking by this time of the season.

http://www.nba.com/powerrankings/
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:24 pm

I didn't think the Cavs would be dwelling in the basement by any means but count me as someone else who thought their offseason moves were pretty decent on paper but remained skeptical that they'd show so much improvement once the season began.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby BIG GREEN on Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:06 pm

Well with the victory on the rockets tonight decisively is there anymore doubt about the cavs? Lebron is going to get his first MVP this year..mark my words.
BIG GREEN

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Only against the Celtics and Lakers in a seven game series because they're likewise storming through the league. But even then, I wouldn't count the Cavs out before it's all over.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby The X on Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:50 pm

BIG GREEN wrote:Well with the victory on the rockets tonight decisively is there anymore doubt about the cavs? Lebron is going to get his first MVP this year..mark my words.

I don't think anybody is silly enough to doubt the Cavs....Lebron's a beast who at the moment is a runaway for MVP & the Cavs are finally clicking offensively....I guess adding Mo Williams has helped, as well as guys like Delonte & Wally World getting more comfortable....

I'm really liking that the Hawks are getting better, so are Cavs, so are Celtics....all we need now is Bulls & Knicks to get back in game & Pistons to rejuvenate themselves & East has gone old school again :P
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:03 pm

Don't look now, but with the Celtics losing their fourth game the Cavs are now in position to catch them for the lead in the East.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball