Baller Mode

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Baller Mode

Postby MoeMoney on Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:24 pm

ESPN Basketball has taken the idea of Freestyle control and made Isomotion control, so the Live series should take the 24/7 mode and change it into something called Baller mode.

Creation-Since Tony Hawk Underground allows you to put your face in the game so should Live 2005.So you would put your face on a body and then customize.You would be able to choose everything from bodypart lengths to shooting style,but no tattoos and only generic clothing available.

Purpose-The whole idea(just like ESPN Basketball) would be to create a baller and constantly play one on one to 5 on 5 games on a real time clock to unlock items.All games would be in an indoor gym(because this isn't street basketball) sort of like the Run and Shoot in ATL.You can also train yourself playing little mini games like madden.The major difference is once you get online you can join other players to make teams and leagues and enter to win different ball tournaments for different prizes.Maybe eventually making a real online basketball league with each user being their created player.

Rewards and Extras-
Win money to buy fancy tattoos for your baller to express yourslef.You choose the size and what it says and add from a selection of a 1000 pictures all listed in different categories.Then after you make it you can choose from anywhere on your upper body and your legs to put it.
Win exclusive sneakers and accecories.For example,if you win an online tournament you get a pair of Nikes,customize the color,and add your number and initials.
Create jerseys and uniforms.Create them just for your player or for your team online and customize everything from style to lettering to color.
The ultimate prize would be to have your own court or an existing court named after you online.

New additions-This would allow Live 2005 to add other things as well.Since created players will need balling clothes to wear, now they can buy different shorts,tops,and warmups from the NBA store.Also, a dunk contest and 3 point contest could be added to compete online.
MoeMoney

Postby Andrew on Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:59 pm

Sounds like it could be a game by itself. I don't think NBA Live needs any additional modes at the moment - rather, it needs to improve and perfect the modes it already has. Above all, NBA Live is a simulation of the National Basketball Association. I'd rather see further enhancements to Dynasty Mode and the gameplay in Live 2005 and beyond, than the addition of a more arcade-ish kind of mode.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MoeMoney on Tue Oct 07, 2003 2:20 am

It's not an arcade type game it's something to keep up with the 24/7 mode in ESPN because I personally wish the Live series thought of this first because they would have done a way better job.
MoeMoney

Postby KABI on Tue Oct 07, 2003 7:57 am

I think that 2K4 is kidding themselves. Their gameplay is horrible, so says the Demo. The graphics are horrible, and they layout is horrible. Fix those before they start making new modes.
KABI

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:31 am

MoeMoney wrote:It's not an arcade type game it's something to keep up with the 24/7 mode in ESPN because I personally wish the Live series thought of this first because they would have done a way better job.

Why does NBA Live need to match Sega in this department? I'd much rather Live blow the competition away with outstanding realism and a game that captures the atmosphere of the NBA season. 24/7 Mode sounds very gimmicky to me, so it's no big loss if EA doesn't adopt a similar idea.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby MoeMoney on Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:46 am

I understand you don't like it but 24/7 sounds good to someone like me and a lot of others and I think Live would of pulled it off better.It's not an arcade style game, and it's not a gimmick.It's just like one on one mode but on another level.I also don't see why it would be a bad idea.I respect ya opinion though.
MoeMoney

Postby Andrew on Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:37 pm

I don't think it's a bad idea, I'd rather see improvements made to the existing features and modes though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby #12 on Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:49 pm

KABI wrote:I think that 2K4 is kidding themselves. Their gameplay is horrible, so says the Demo. The graphics are horrible, and they layout is horrible. Fix those before they start making new modes.

Don't judge a game by its demo. :lol:

Return to NBA Live 2005