NBA Live 07 Supreme Update Mod (SUM) Headquarters

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:04 pm

So, I haven't downloaded the patch yet (I'll be receiving my copy of Live 07 in a couple days), but after checking this out, I definitely will download SUM.

And definitely go Option 1. Although, you could possibly do both... Release V2, then update the jerseys, and any final improvements and release a final V3 in a month or two...
Lamrock

Postby McDwyane on Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:10 pm

very nice work guys (Y)
McDwyane

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:00 am

A little update for you. I got a job and alot of my free time was taken up, and so the delay in SUM v2.

I've got a new broadcast camera view, and a new aiact that I want you guys to try. The broadcast view should be similar to anyone who has played NBA 2k7, watched a game on TV, or seen the NBA Live 08 gameplay video where the producer shows us some things about quick-strike ballhandling. The AIACT should have more passing as a whole. The only current issues I have with it is that sometimes there are too many passes which result in a higher amount of turnovers, players sometimes don't take enough 3 pointers, especially when they are wide open, and the cpu point guards don't seem to get enough assists. If there are any crashes during gameplay, please let me know, because I believed I eliminated any issues that I had. If you get a crash it should happen when that pesky computer-controlled point guard has possession of the ball, not when you pause the game.

You can get them here. <-link (is it hard to notice links as text, or is it just me?)

The aiact.viv file goes in your "NBA LIVE 07\ai\act" directory. Please backup your current one first.

The nbacam.mgd file goes in your "NBA LIVE 07\merlin" directory. Please backup your currentone first.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby will658761 on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:38 am

thanks Pdub

love the camera
will658761

Postby congcs on Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:36 am

Pdub, great camera but can you zoom it out a little bit? maybe up until you can see the corner three

i think its a little too zoomed in

but still great camera!
congcs

Postby Albys on Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:58 am

I tryed new Aiact in two match, both with Realistic Roster 2.1.
In first, Miami vs Golden State (i use GS), Miami win 73-66 with good play and shot distribution:

I quote your observation with reference to little bug of this aiact: more turnovers.
A couple of times the cpu player is free under the basket but continue your ball handling....
Masterful Wade & Shaq productivity.

In other game, San Antonio (CPU) vs. Phoenix (great game, ending in overtime 99-101 :), the results are better:

Less turnovers, more 3pt shots, great plays, good shot distribution and a Duncan's shot at the buzzer.

Maybe at intervals the playmaker stop more in ball handling...
No crashes in my test.

Good work, Pdub, as usual.
I don't know if the aiact 1.3 is better than 1.2, but if you fix these little bug... :wink: [/url]

Sorry for my bad english
Last edited by Albys on Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Albys
The Roster Father
Contributor

Postby kbryant24 on Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:21 am

alby can u pm me your exact gameplay settings? thx

im using aiact v1.2 .. lmk if v1.3 is better
kbryant24

Postby Albys on Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:19 am

Kbryant, my exact gameplay settings are in pag. 1 of my thread...
:wink:

The aiact 1.2 is the best aiact in the world.
if you want to support my works (Realistic Roster and gameplay):
Albys
The Roster Father
Contributor

Postby Ibaony on Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:29 pm

man! i've been waiting for this camera. thanks man!
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
-Shaquille O'Neal
Ibaony

Postby RookieOfTheYear on Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:21 am

The patch is good... but i dont like SOME courts... They have super duper LARGE font on sides and a intergalactic planet size logo :( hope i can edit them... but your mod is cool

ex. boston and orlando magic... i hate their court... please fix them
RookieOfTheYear

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:33 am

SUM V 2 released!!!

I uploaded it yesterday, but JaoSming found some errors. Thanks for the quick troubleshooting, man. (Y)

Download SUM V2 - 100 MB, hosted at filefront

I decided not to include a new AIACT because I am not currently happy with what I have. It's just inconsistent. Some teams play a great game, while other teams don't.

Quick list of features and notes

99% of the courts from SUM v1 were fixed so that the game won't crash when you are using many high res patches together like 2x Armbands and Tattoos and 512 jerseys. The 1% that I didn't fix, didn't crash. Go figure. [/b]The courts are installed in the stadia directory[/b], so if you have any courts in your sgsm directory, they won't be overwritten but they might conflict(graphics problem) or still cause crashes because they are large in size or don't match the viv file that is included in this mod. If you want to keep those newer courts, here's a way to stop the crashing - http://www.nbaliveforums.com/ftopic50604.php

[b]Andrew's Roster v 1.12
is included as SUM V2 in your saves directory. It is modified to support Real Shoes Patch version X which is also included. Player Accessories have been modified by bigh0rt based on what those player's used during the 2006/07 NBA season. Team Gear has been modified by bigh0rt so that many teams will have black socks when using away jerseys.

Not all of the shoes that players wear will match the jersey since the Real Shoes batch file was based on an older version of the NLSC roster before many player transactions were made. Maybe I will update it, but I probably won't if I have to do it all myself. Seriously, it's like 2 months to Live 08.

Tattoos have been fixed so they display on the arm correctly as long as you have the 2X Armbands and Tattoo patch installed, which was included in SUM v1 and as a seperate download in the 07 add-ons download database of the main site.

Some players will have a different color head then the rest of their body. I couldn't go through every player since I had alot to do. It's a very simple fix, so if you spot some, I would appreciate it if you let me know who it is in this thread so I can supply everyone with a small appearance.dbf file edited to correct the issue.

An optional lighting update is included. It does not have the same problem in SUM v1 where parts of the court were a very shiny white.

An optional Broadcast Press Camera is included. It is based off of NBA 2k7 and NBA Live 08 preview videos. There is also a nba replay file which changes the default zoom values when you go into instat replay. I just made it start a bit farther from the target so you can zoom in instead of having the camera at it's max zoom each time you enter replay mode or change the perspective.

An optional version of the Original NBA Leather Ball has been included. It is fixed to stop the shimmering/grainy effect of the ball from SUM v1.

Hopefully the issues with the installer were ironed out and everything installs smoothly. I can't guarantee that, especially if you have loads of other patches installed.

The only requirement prior to installing SUM v2 is that you have the 2X Armbands and Tattoos patch installed. Oh, and NBA Live 07. :wink:
Last edited by Patr1ck on Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Jing on Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:36 am

Well, I guess I don't fulfill that final requirement ;) but good job ya'll.
Jing

Postby Martti. on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:15 am

Will try out A.S.A.P!
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Albys on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:39 am

Wow, great news! (Y) (Y) (Y)
In download...

A question: I have SUM 1 installed (and 1,2 GB in sgsm folder).
SUM don't have uninstall.
Just install SUM2, because overwrite all SUM1 features?

Thanks Pdub!
(the aiact 1.3 in my game work good, but 1.2 is always the best!)
if you want to support my works (Realistic Roster and gameplay):
Albys
The Roster Father
Contributor

Postby njkobe on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:52 am

Cannot wait to try it :mrgreen: (Y)
True Lakers wear blue and gold.
... When you create a player with a ‘THICK’ build and place him on either the Bobcats or Thunder, the game will crash when entering the game.

That being said, we only have 5 existing players in the league who are ‘THICK’ builds:

Glen Davis
Shaquille O’Neal
Eddy Curry
Jerome James
Michael Sweetney

Workaround: Don’t put a ‘THICK’ build created player OR one of the above players on the Bobcats or Thunder and the game won’t crash.
njkobe
The Black Mamba

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:52 am

Yes, just install SUM v2. I did the same thing when I tested it. :wink:
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kbryant24 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:34 am

gonna try it now thx pdub!
kbryant24

Postby buzzy on Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:38 am

Where can I get the 2x Armbands and Tattoos patch?
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:41 am

In the download section, 07 add-ons. It's also included with SUM v1, just in case you already have that.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Joker. on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:33 am

Thanks guys, I'm going to download it now.
Joker.

Postby buzzy on Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:35 am

Nah, I had deleted '07, but now there's a reason to play it again. :wink:
Anyway, thanks for the hint.
buzzy
Take it sleazy.
NLSC Team Member

Postby storm74 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:56 am

well... i feel like a retard now, im sure this is good, i will be taking a 30 min drive to get a fresh copy of 07, where i live i couldnt find any, the guy says he only has 1 left and hell hold it for me, got damn, gotta control my damn temper, i would normally go another route but ea made sure this year by patching that you cant go that route! , but being that the way 08 is shaping up to be, i dont think im going to get 08, maybe maybe not, but with this mod, it makes it worth while.

ty bush for the gas pricing, im sure ill enjoy that as well, :( , but i think the mod will be worth it, i luved v1, and you guys did a good job, but i think wut happen, i was beginning to install things that i should not have installed, causing the game to crash alot, i got so heated n discusted i broke the cd in half.

the things i will be happy and say the trip was worth while, that i hope is installed in this mod, the lighting files, the total court patch, scoreboards the new jerseys for next year, and court, the ai, ( every 1 speaks abotu a 1.2 version but i never see that link, could some 1 post that for me kindly?) the icon patch on the players, lagos light mod for diffrent lights on the courts if these things are in the im a happy man, and worth the drive time. hoping<--

ty for the work to every 1 regardless, i know it wa shell getting it done and out, and the obvious it's appreciated! :wink:
storm74

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:09 am

The 1.2 AIACT is in the Artificial Intelligence update in the 07 add ons download section of the NLSC. The AIACT in SUM V1 was different, which could be called 1.3, even though it's not available apart from SUM. The beta aiact that I released a few posts up could be considered 1.4.

None of the newer lagoa/looser courts were added. I was too busy fixing the ones from version 1 for use with 512 jerseys.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby fer76 on Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:17 am

First: Install NBA LIVE 2007
Second: Install SUM v.1
Third: Install SUM TATTOOS FIX.rar
Fourth: Install SUM v2

And the rosters are "Andrew rosters 1.12 " , No??

Light update too in the SUM v2 ???

This way, NO ??

Thanks... :) :) :)
Image Image
fer76

Postby ossu on Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:54 am

I can' play with Rockets or against Rockets, maybe some other team to but when i wanna play then the game crashes.
ossu

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 07