NBA Live 07 Supreme Update Mod (SUM) Headquarters

Talk about NBA Live 07 here.

Postby k-d on Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:41 am

Maybe release? :P

Pdub, where do I find your sliders? I can't find them.. sorry..
k-d

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:06 am

My sliders are here - http://www.nbaliveforums.com/sutra769620.php#769620

I was hoping the finals would last a bit longer as I have been trying to finish up the update before they were over. Looks like that is not going to happen, but there should be a release in the next week or two.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukrainik on Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:00 pm

Great Mod! I hope Ea developers see this cause you'd be hired in a heart beat!!

I love what you did with graphics but I was wondering if I can reverse a couple of things:
1) I kinda like the old school NBA icons so which files do I delete to from sgsm folder to reverse it to original?

2)I guess this relates to #1. In dynasty mode there is a glitch the team logoart shows as white blank strip when you go to power rankings. What files do I delete to reverse it to the original way?

3) In-game ESPN templates look awesome BUT the player portray doesn't show with statistic. I'm not sure if it is a glitch or if it was disigned like that but I prefer to see the player's face next to stats so Once again which files do I need to uninstall in order to reverse it to the EA in-game templates?

Thanks a bunch, and once again simply AWESOME MOD!!
ukrainik

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:30 pm

1 and 2 - Unless you don't want the ESPN score overlay anymore, this can't be done. EA used the team logos from the score overlay in more than one place, like the PDA, the power rankings, and the draft screens. The names of the score logos are "logos~score~**_s.big" with the *'s as a two letter team abbreviation. I put them in their original viv file which is in the "FE" directory instead of the sgsm, so you would have to replace the logos.viv file with the original file from your NBA Live dvd. The score overlay itself is the overlays~score.big file

3. That's how ESPN does it, so I took it off. I planned on using the portraits, but Ijust couldn't find a custom design that I liked so I made it realistic. To go back to EA's crap stat overlays, which don't even show up all the time, delete these files-

overlays~plyrstat.big
overlays~stat.big
overlays~statbg.big
overlays~freethrow.big
overlays~viol.big
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukrainik on Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:45 am

Sorry man I didn't mean to be insulting. :( I love you patch. I just played it back to back with the original version and the original looks like a poorly done old SNES knock off in comparison. As I said EA should really look into hiring you guys cause you really refined the game. Please don't get pissed it's just as you know every gamer needs to tweak the game untill its just "perfect" :)

Some follow ups:
1, 2 Do you know about the dynasty glitch that I'm referring to or did I just installed it incorrectly?
*the glitch is that in dynasty mode when I go to power rankings the team art is blank white strips.

3. what did you mean when you said: you "couldn't find a custom design that I liked"? Are you refering to the actual template or to portraits of players? If the later is the case is there a way to still use your template but with player ports?

Once again don't get pissed I love your mod and really apreciate all the work that you personally and all the other guys put into this mod and if you have any projects for the future I would love to participate (I have access to a sweet comp with bunch of graphic design programs that I can use as part of my school projects) (Y)
ukrainik

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:05 am

I'm not pissed, I was just pointing out some things about EA's overlay.

I'm not sure about the glitch. I thought you were referring to the logos that have white on the right side because that is part of the logo where the score would be since those logos are used with the score overlay and the score overlay has limitations on what you can do with it's graphics, which is why I had to make that white part in in the team logos.

Well, I was going to use the portraits with the stats, but I just didn't like how it turned out with the portraits, so I decided to make it more realistic and not display them.

You can look at the Overlay Creation Guide and try editing the file to bring back the portraits, but I warn you that hex editing and then testing it in-game is tedious.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ukrainik on Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:25 am

Pdub wrote:I'm not pissed, I was just pointing out some things about EA's overlay.
:lol:

Pdub wrote:I'm not sure about the glitch. I thought you were referring to the logos that have white on the right side because that is part of the logo where the score would be since those logos are used with the score overlay and the score overlay has limitations on what you can do with it's graphics, which is why I had to make that white part in in the team logos.

I just reinstalled the game and your patch to make sure it wasn't me who screwed up some folder address. What happens is i9n Dynasty mode at the Power Ranking screen the team logos next to abriviations do not show. I was just wondering if it was the intent.
ukrainik

Postby ukrainik on Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:29 am

Almost forgot one another question: when you put portraits into viv did you just replace the original or did you add your new ones? If its the later how did you do it cause when I tried my game didn't show anybody's picture.
ukrainik

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:09 am

Well, I just used Joker's portrait.viv file. I didn't add any to it. I believe he added new ones.

You may have not compressed the BIG file. The safest way for me is to use eazip to compress the file, and then import it with EAGraph. bigGUI gives me problems sometimes when I try to compress a file that is inside of the archive.

Eazip is a commandline program. You need to have it in the directory you want to use it in. You can get it from the download section. You need to open a dos prompt and go to the directory where the VIV and BIG file are located and enter -

eazip -c nameofportrait.big

Then you can just add it to the viv file using EAGraph's import wizard.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Integra on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:58 am

Hey Pdub, great work on the mod but if I want to play an All Star game the game suddenly crashes to the desktop? It doesn't happen if I play the original game only after installing the SUM MOD.

Can u help me?
Integra

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:02 am

Download and install the tattoo fix. The mod doesn't change anything in the all star game, excpet anyplayer graphics, and the first release was full of buggy tattoo files.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mattcole2006 on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:48 pm

pdub any ideas wen sum 1.1 will be realesed nba live 08 will be out soon?
mattcole2006

Postby Lean on Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:24 pm

NBA Live 08 will be out by October. Patience, pal. (Y)
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby Integra on Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:53 am

Pdub wrote:Download and install the tattoo fix. The mod doesn't change anything in the all star game, excpet anyplayer graphics, and the first release was full of buggy tattoo files.

Installed tattoo fix and everything is working fine! thx
Integra

Postby Retrolock on Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:59 am

I just had to login for the first time in many months to post here my gratitude to you guys in making this mod! Oh wow the graphics for me were about a 150% improvement!! Even in my widescreen lcd (1024x768 max because of EA's incompetence) I am stunned!

:) grats again and if you can make a widescreen mode hehehe that'd be great!!! more power!
Retrolock

Postby Messermaus on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:42 am

I'm not happy with the press camera from this patch.. Where or how do I get the original one?
Messermaus

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:43 am

It's on your dvd inside one of the compressed.zip files. It's in the merlin directory, the filename is nbacam.mgd. There are also several different camera patches in the 07 download section.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby lol on Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:06 pm

are you guys still going to release another version? or was it aborted?
thanks
lol

Postby ukrainik on Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:57 am

The unlockable tottoos (spider, basket on fire etc ) do not show on players' arms in the player edit screen! How do I fix that?
ukrainik

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:03 am

That's an issue with the 2x armbands and tattoo's. Because the accessories file could not be edited,we could not add those tattoos. Sorry.

I am still thinking about whether or not to release the second version SUM. I have to fix all the courts so they don't crash when they are used with 512 jerseys which is tedious and boring. I have fixed close to half of them, and I am thinking that we could just use JaoSming's total court update for the rest.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Silas on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:24 am

I hope you do release another SUM update, it'd be great to be able to play with it along with Andrew's Draftee roster he'll release.
Silas

Postby Zahiras on Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:54 pm

I have 1 problem with this mode... I can't use unlocked shoes :(

P.S. waiting v2.... :roll:

Sorry 4 my bad English....
Zahiras

Postby ArnauIguodala on Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:07 am

I don't know if I'm the one that's wrong but when I'm looking for the link to get the SUM Update, I don't find any. I only see the individual work on the first post. Can somebody help me out please. Thank you.
If you have no reason to live for, Find something to die for!
ArnauIguodala

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:24 am

http://sum.nba-live.com - Official site of the SUM mod.

http://www.nba-live.com/download/pafile ... le&id=1349 - SUM 1.0 - The installer allows you to choose what you want and don't want installed. For instance, if you are happy with the current press camera, uncheck the camera option, or yours will be overwritten. If you play online, or don't want any changes to the way the cpu plays their offense, uncheck the AIACT/Artificial Intelligence box.

http://www.nba-live.com/download/pafile ... le&id=1350 - SUM Tattoo fix. You must apply the tattoo fix after installing or your game will crash on certain players.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ArnauIguodala on Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:24 am

Merci Beaucoup! It is really good work.
If you have no reason to live for, Find something to die for!
ArnauIguodala

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 07