Lv06|ROCKETS-2| Officially Closed.

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Clutch on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:30 pm

STARTING LINEUPS
Overall Team Ratings: HOU 76; UTA 82
Intervention: final 5 min (subs/timeouts only)

GAME RECAP

The game would be billed as a battle between potential 'Rookie of the Year' candidates: a first meeting between Houston's, Jafari 'JC' Cotton, drafted #2 overall by Atlanta then acquired by the Rockets through trade before the start of the season; and the #1 overall draft pick of 2007, Utah Point Guard, Sergei Tankosic. Tankosic, a 24 year old, 6'1" 201lbs Point Guard from Beirut, Lebanon, was initially booed by shocked Utah fans, when he was announced as #1 overall draft pick; many figured that 6'9" 262lbs Forward, Cotton, was the obvious choice for their team, especially with the steady emergence of 3rd-year Point Guard, Deron Williams, as a legitimate starter. In what many Utah fans would call, "the biggest blunder in Jazz draft history" and despite a negative welcoming reception, Tankosic, would surprise many people in only a few games, leading the Utah Jazz to a 2-1 start with team-highs of 22.3 points/game, 4.7 assists/game, and 2.33 steals/game while collecting 3.7 rebs/game. But tonight, Utah fans at the Delta Center were again left to ponder "what if" as Tankosic's early season brilliance was kept in check, struggling against a daunting Rockets defense and an offensive firepower simply known as, T-MAC.

Houston would lead the game by as many as 9 points going into the fourth quarter, sparked by the excellent defense of Houston's big men, Yao Ming, and Jafari Cotton. Each would finish with a double-double on the night: Yao with 12 points, 11 rebounds, 2 assists and 2 blocks; and JC, with 10 points, 10 rebounds

But Carlos Boozer and Mehmet Okur would narrow the Houston lead to 85-84 with just over 2 minutes left in the game. McGrady would connect on a deep 3 giving the Rockets a 4 point advantage but Boozer and Andre Kirilenko would narrow the lead again to 90-88 with 1:10 left in the game

Both teams would fail to convert their next possessions and with under 30 seconds left in the game, Tracy McGrady , would again step to center stage. McGrady would find Yao in the post, then knife to the basket receiving a perfect pass back from Yao, a simple, fundamental give-and -go, and kiss a bank shot off the glass for a comfortable 92-88 lead; with the Jazz intentionally fouling, McGrady's solid free throw shooting would secure the win. In total, McGrady would score the Rockets final 13 points, finishing with 28 points, 8 rebounds, including 5-of-5 from the free throw line

"Tracy, was just incredible in the crunch for us tonight," said Center, Yao Ming. "They were trying to be very physical with him, and I think that lit his fire. When he's on his game like that, he's impossible to guard so we make sure to find him and get him the ball."

"I wouldn't say Tracy's been taking over in the 4th," coach Phil Jackson said of McGrady, "so much as he's learning to keep moving without the ball to find the open spots and his teammates are finding him. In the past, this team had a tendency to rely too heavily on Tracy's one-on-one isolations which would expend a lot of his energy plus his teammates would find themselves uninvolved and standing around," Jackson continued. "During this off-season, we really tried to focus on Tracy moving without the ball and having his teammates find him in different sweet spots and we now have players capable of finding him in those spots."

"It was a tough loss for us tonight," said Utah's, Carlos Boozer, "the Rockets were already a force inside with Yao in the middle, but now they've added JC and the kid's legit. Those two combined make it very, very tough to score in the paint." Boozer would lead the way for the Jazz with 23 points, 13 rebounds while the rookie Tankosic would have his worst game to date for the Jazz, finishing with 3 points, 2 rebounds, 2 turnovers and 3 fouls off 1-for-9 shooting and 0-for-4 from three point range

"They did a great job closing the driving lanes and contested every jumpshot; I guess it just wasn't my night," Tankosic said. Although he would struggle to score, Tankosic would dish out a team high 9 assists

The 4-0 Rockets continue on a back-to-back schedule in a clash of undefeated teams as they face Baron Davis and the red-hot, 3-0 Golden State Warriors at the Oracle Arena tomorrow night

Notes:

Training Target: J.Cotton Off 35% - Def 30% - Ath 35%; duration: 1 week

BOX SCORE
HOU 98
UTA 93 Final

Players at the Half
Player of the Game

T-MAC unconscious
Clutch
^ Life... currently :\

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:51 am

What is Deron Williams rating and what is the rookies rating (Tanuski? or w/e his name is too lazy to check)? Utah is stacked at point guard. Really their weakest link is SG, they shoulda drafted one...
Chaser7

Postby Clutch on Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:54 pm

Really their weakest link is SG, they shoulda drafted one...

yup

TANK v DERON

S.Tankosic Pos PG; Ovrl 78; Ht 6'1"; Wt 201lbs; Yrs Pro R; FG 87; 3pt 82; FT 72; Dunk 56; Ins Scr 54; O Reb 28; Jump 75; Str 38; Qck 60; Spd 89; Pss 84; Drb 77; O Aware 59; D Reb 38; Stl 56; Blk 15; D Aware 80; Sta 84; Hrd 63

D.Williams Pos PG; Ovrl 74; Ht 6'3"; Ht 213 lbs; Yrs Pro 2; FG 78; 3pt 69; FT 87; Dunk 12; Ins Scr 51; O Reb 26; Jump 53; Str 37; Qck 76; Spd 77; Pss 77; Drb 84; O Aware 69; D Reb 39; Stl 68; Blk 5; D. Aware 61; Sta 72; Hrd 63
Last edited by Clutch on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clutch

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:51 pm

were they any good shooting guardS? And did you use the roster updates fom NLSC? Because shouldnt Deron be better?
Chaser7

Postby Clutch on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:41 pm

i dunno, i assume Jazz would've drafted if so; i downloaded some roster updates a while back - who knows if current; and 'yes' probably but not by much
Clutch

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:44 pm

hmm.. ok well good luck against the Warriors (and sorry I hope they win haha :wink: WE BELIEVE)
Chaser7

Postby Clutch on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:14 pm

STARTING LINEUPS
Overall Team Ratings: HOU 76; GS 92
Intervention: last 5 mins (subs/timeouts only)

Chow's Scouting Report (GS)

GAME RECAP

An unlikely hero would emerge as the Houston Rockets faced the Golden State Warriors in a clash of undefeated teams at the Oracle Arena

Golden State's usual high-octane, high-scoring offense came to an early grinding halt under the Rockets' tenacious defense and terrific contributions from the Houston bench. Gerald Green would lead the Rockets' 2nd-unit attack and help push a 12-point lead halfway through the 2nd quarter with a T-Mac-ish display of offense. Green would end the night with 16 points, a perfect 6-for-6 from the field including 2 from downtown and leave the Warriors trailing by 11 at the half. But, like their namesake, the Warriors, led by Baron Davis and Jason Richardson, would battle back in the third and manage to keep Golden State within 3 points up to the game's final minutes despite the disruption to their 'run-n'-gun' offense

In the final period, with 1:48 on the clock and Houston trailing 78-79, Tracy McGrady would begin to extert his offense, connecting on a deep trey, putting the Rockets ahead 81-79; after a failed conversion for Golden State at the other end, McGrady would connect on a second from downtown, pushing Houston's lead to 5 and forcing Warriors' coach, Don Nelson, to call a timeout. The Warriors would benefit from the break, calling a set play, with Davis driving the paint and kicking to the corner for a wide-open Steven Jackson, who would drill the shot from downtown and narrow the Rockets advantage to 2 with 1:12 left in the game

With the crowd out of their seats and jeering with intensity worthy of a playoff game, all eyes would be on McGrady as he walked the ball past half court, the seconds ticking off the clock and his exhausted All-Star teammate, Yao Ming, resting on the bench. With the shot clock winding down, McGrady would drive, but instead of taking a forced shot under heavy Warriors coverage, McGrady would whip a pass inside, finding a wide open Dikembe Mutombo, for an uncontested layup - his only attempt on the night - and an 86-82 lead with under a minute to go

"Tracy made eye contact with me for a split second during the play and when he rose up for the shot, I cut to the basket thinking to myself, 'Dikembe, you'd better catch this,' " said the NBA's oldest active player, 41-year old, Mutombo with a smile, "I'm just glad I made the layup." Mutombo would end the night with 4 points, 2-of-4 from the free throw line, and 7 rebounds

"The Warriors are a scrappy team," said McGrady after the game. "They take a lot of swipes at the ball and seem to come at you from all directions because of their length and quickness. I knew they'd collapse on me and 'Deke would be open. He doesn't have the greatest of hands," T-Mac said jokingly, "so I made sure to take a little zip off it."

"Tracy made a great decision down the stretch," coach Jackson said. "He might not have trusted his teammates enough to make that play a few years ago and would've forced up a bad shot. He's really showing how far he's grown as a player and as the leader of this team," Jackson said.

With the victory, Phil Jackson's 5-0 Houston Rockets and the 5-0 Philadelphia 76ers remain the only undefeated teams left in the early 2007-2008 season

With a few days off, the Rockets return home and prepare to host CP3 and the visiting New Orleans Hornets (just realized i previously called them the 'Charlotte' Hornets; was super late and i was tired - sorry Hornet fans! ;) comments appreciated)

BOX SCORE
HOU 92
GS 84 Final

Players at the Half
Player of the Game

Gerald Green with the drive and dunk

PHOTOS
Yao in the paint
Coach Jackson in action
Last edited by Clutch on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clutch

Postby Chaser7 on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:25 pm

Nice game, good luck against the Hornets
looks the Warriors picked up a solid rookie who had 18 points off the bench or something
also lol this is random, but I never see you as one of the users who is browsing this forum, and then you will post somehow lol
Chaser7

Postby Clutch on Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:34 pm

didn't realize i was being stalked. j/k ;)
Clutch

Postby Clutch on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:08 am

just realized i previously referred to the New Orleans Hornets as the 'Charlotte' Hornets in my last game post; was super late and i was tired - sorry Hornet fans! ;) comments appreciated
Clutch

Postby The king on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:23 am

Boomdizzle congratulation!!
Nice games recap :!:
goood luck in the future :wink:

Please vote at my question to decided my new dinasty team :!: :wink: :wave:
Clicky for my Cavs Dinasty
[credit to Dayan for the sig]
The king

Postby Chaser7 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:05 pm

The king wrote:Please vote at my question to decided my new dinasty team :!: :wink: :wave:

King don't ask ppl to respond to your topics in other topics its annoying...
Chaser7

Postby Clutch on Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:48 pm

'rulez lighten up man, lol; it's not a big deal; he's just curious to know what people want to see is all

@king - thx and Nets or Cavs is my vote
Clutch

Postby Clutch on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:09 pm

STARTING LINEUPS
Overall Team Ratings: NO 85; HOU 77
No Intervention

GAME RECAP

It took an extra period to do so, but Chris Paul and a balanced New Orleans Hornets attack prevailed at the Toyota Center, giving the Houston Rockets their first loss of the 2007-08 season

It was Houston that came out firing and appeared on their way to a crushing blowout of the Hornets early in the first quarter after a showtime display of skill and athleticism by Center, Yao Ming. In what could be the 'Crossover Highlight of the Year,' Yao would receive the ball on the wing, dribble the ball behind his back, through the legs of Hornets' defender, Chris Paul, then take it all the way to the rim for the flush (see below 'Crush Play of the Day')

"It was unbelievable," Paul said laughing after the game, "Yao crossed me over; big fella stole my move."

Houston would charge to an early 18-4 lead in the first quarter as the Hornets would go ice cold missing 7 consecutive shots after Yao's highlight sent the crowd into a frenzy. Houston's Rafer 'Skip-to-my-Lou' Alston would further energize the crowd, burning by two Charlotte defenders with a dazzling display of handles and leaving back-up Point Guard, Bobby Jackson, flat-footed in his dust. "They owned us early on. We just had to keep our heads in the game and keep fighting," said Jackson; and fight they would

Things would get chippy in the second quarter as the Hornets slowly battled back. Hornets rookie Forward, Alexander Massenburg, a 47th pick out of North Carolina, would tangle with Ming during one sequence and would appear to throw a close-fisted punch that would glance off the back of Yao's head. Ming would keep his cool and not retaliate and Massenburg, who had been playing a superb game up to that point would be immediately ejected, finishing with 6 points and 5 rebounds off 3-for-3 shooting in only 13 minutes. He is facing heavy fines and probable suspension

The score would waver back and forth up to the end of regulation and Houston looked on the verge of a victory, leading 85-82 with under a minute to go when CP3 would take over. Paul would double-team on Houston's, Joey Graham, stealing the ball and calling a time out. Still down three with under a minute, Paul would not elect for the three pointer, but would drive the paint and hit a running bank shot over 7'6" Yao, who would pick up his 5th foul of the night and send Paul to the line for the bonus. Paul would connect on the free throw to tie the game and the Rockets would fail to convert on a blown last play that ended with Yao launching a desperation three that barely hit rim

With the overtime, the Hornets had momentum and the duo of Chris Paul and David West would finish the Rockets off. Paul would finish the night with 12 points, 2 rebounds, 7 assists and 2 steals and West would end with a 17 points and 11 rebounds. Michael Redd, newly acquired by trade from the Milwaukee Bucks in exchange for Center/PF, Tyson Chandler, would have a solid contribution of 17 points and 2 rebounds including 3 from beyond the arc

The Rockets would have 5 players score in double-digits but McGrady would struggle from the three-point arc, shooting a dismal 1-of-8 on the night; he would still contribute strong numbers overall finishing with 18 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. Third year Guard, Joey Graham, would have an excellent night and lead the way for Houston with 27 points, 2 rebounds and 5 assists

With the Rockets' loss tonight and last night's Philadelphia victory over Golden State, the 76ers, led by a red-hot Andre Iguodala, remain the only undefeated team left in the league with a record of 6-0

Next, the Rockets travel to the coast to face Elton Brand and the Los Angeles Clippers

Notes:

Settings seem unfavorable for PGs in general (abnormally terrible shooting percentages for even premiere guards); slight adjustment to be made next game; as always, comments appreciated

BOX SCORE
NO 100
HOU 97 Final

Players at the Half
Player of the Game

Yao Crossover 1
Yao Crossover 2
'Crossover of the Year' - Yao on the break, behind the back, through CP3's legs then to the rack for the flush (changed to direct links (to spare those w/slower downloads))

PHOTOS
Jackson calls timeout but Rockets could not convert
Yao finding T-Mac but the treys weren't falling
Yao fadeway; Jackson digs it
JC - huge block at the end of regulation
Last edited by Clutch on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clutch

Postby Jing on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:28 pm

HA nice Yao play of the day thing.
Jing

Postby Chaser7 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:38 pm

wait backup since when do players throw punches/get ejected in NBA live???
nice recap tough loss good luck next game
Chaser7

Postby Clutch on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:33 pm

@jing - thx man; it was super funny to watch!

@'rulez - what? you mean your version of Live doesn't have that feature?

lol j/k man; i think it was Massenburg's 'celebration' anim where he punches the air after dunking; Yao just happened to be in the way at the time and it was a funny pic so i spiced it up for effect; he doesn't really throw a punch at Yao/get ejected

although that is something i wish EA would consider - Technical fouls. Implement a new rating (50-99) for some kind of emotion factor, maybe call it 'Temperament' or 'Disposition' or something like that; so guys who are cool-headed like Nash would very rarly pick up a T, where as firey competitors like Artest or Rasheed might get them more often; especially after last season's officiating changes locked down on things, it's hard to remember a single game from last season where technical fouls didn't affect the outcome somewhat; i think it'd make games a lot less predictable with the chances of a double-T ejection and a whole lot more challenging/exciting, especially with your superstar picking up a T early in crucial playoff game

seems silly to me that they'd focus on team chemistry (Carlos Arroyo whining about not enough mins or not getting along with Dwight Howard for instance so you end up just trading him away to build a super team), and not focus on something that is part of the 'real life' game - technical fouls; whatever happened to their, "If it's in the game, it's in the game" motto? just my opinion anyway
Clutch

Postby Chaser7 on Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:40 pm

hahaha that pic was just so weird ur story lines are so good thoguh tood abd about the loss o well how are the sixers undefeated????
Chaser7

Postby 3PK on Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:56 pm

WOW man i checked this out for the first time, it's absolutely pimped out to the max awesome work, especially with the first post and all the pictures and recaps rule as well as the great interviews. Your'e rolling nice work man (Y)
3PK

Postby The Random on Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:01 pm

This dynasty story is coming along real nicely, i think you get way too in-depth with your coverage and what-not but still it doesnt take away anything from how good it actually is.

Make sure you don't get so focused on the slightest things and have fun with it most of all.

My advice is show more in-game action because i have seen some really nice gameplay so far...oh well thats just my advice.
The Random

Postby Clutch on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:46 am

nbarulez wrote:hahaha that pic was just so weird ur story lines are so good thoguh tood abd about the loss o well how are the sixers undefeated????

thx and not sure; schedule maybe? 76ers have a decent team, picked up Diogu from Indy (free agency), drafted a sharp-shooting rookie SG and are 15 players deep: Philadelphia 76ers Team Roster

@3pk - hey thx man and good to know there'll be more from the pistons coming soon ;)

random wrote:Make sure you don't get so focused on the slightest things and have fun with it most of all

that's all it's been so far but appreciate your input/compliments; hahah, yeah I've a tendency to get carried away with the story/background and what not so I could pull that back a bit (actually I need to do that just for time's sake; it takes awhile to come up w/all that stuff); thing is it gets boring for me too if it turns into just a complete play-by-play/teleprompter thing or I get impatient to just 'be the champs' already; I'll end up blowing up the team, have no weaknesses, it'll be too easy winning and no fun; I was getting a little concerned with the 5-0 start that I might've already did that so the loss was actually a good thing; anyway, those quirky little story things I focus on from game-to-game keep it interesting for me; it's all about finding a good balance of both I guess; thx again for your constructive input
Last edited by Clutch on Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Clutch

Postby The Random on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:49 am

BoomDizzle#5 wrote:those quirky little story things I focus on from game-to-game keep it interesting for me

Cool, if thats your thing then keep at it. We all enjoy your story thus far anyway so goodluck in a bright future for your Rockets squad :wink:
The Random

Postby Clutch on Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:46 am

STARTING LINEUPS
Overall Team Ratings: HOU 78; LAC 95
No Intervention

GAME RECAP

Despite going 0-for-6 from beyond the arc on the night, the Los Angeles Clippers handed the visiting Houston Rockets their second consecutive loss of the season at Staples Center

Led by unconscious 3rd-year Forward, Yaroslav Korolev, the Clippers would blow open a tightly contested game in the fourth quarter. Korolev would end the night with a team-high 23 points, 15 rebounds while dishing 3 assists.

"Korolev had a tremendous game tonight and out-hustled our bigs down the stretch," said Rockets Coach Phil Jackson. "Yao and JC really couldn't keep up with his foot-speed and he got to a lot of loose balls on both ends of the court. Livingston also did a great job of distributing the ball for them and broke down our defense, especially in the fourth." Yao Ming finished the night with 18 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks and Jafari Cotton with 16 points, 7 rebounds and 4 blocks on the night. Clippers Point Guard, Shaun Livingston would struggle from the field, shooting 2-for-7 ending with 5 points, 3 rebounds but dished 10 assists

Tracy McGrady would lead all Houston scorers finishing with 23 points while collecting 8 rebounds and 3 assists

"We didn't get to the line tonight," a disappointed McGrady said following the game. "They were the more aggressive team and really took it at us; we just didn't get it done."

The Rockets travel next to Madison Square Garden to face Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis and New York Knicks, featuring a matchup between 2007's #2 draft pick, rookie Jafari Cotton, and the 3rd-overall draft pick, rookie Power Forward, Jimiyo Wilkins

Notes:

Both Cory Maggette and Quinton Ross for the Clippers would leave the game with injuries; Maggette would later return to play but Ross was done for the night, possibly longer

Slider adjustments made (pre-game): Global - Game Spd from 33 to 32; Boundary FF from 50 to 45; CPU - Dunk Percentage from 93 to 92; On-Ball Phys Def from 95 to 90; Poor shot release from 15 to 12

BOX SCORE
HOU 98
LAC 105 Final

Players at the Half
Player of the Game
Trying to beat the shot clock, Maggette is turned away by Yao leading to a shot clock violation

PHOTOS
JC put back sequence_1
JC put back sequence_2
JC elevation
Clutch

Postby The king on Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:04 am

BoomDizzle,
nice win. :!:
Beautiful Picture :!:
Clicky for my Cavs Dinasty
[credit to Dayan for the sig]
The king

Postby Clutch on Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:57 pm

err... actually, we lost. but thx heheh ;)
Clutch

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame