Miami Heat Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby mvpshaq32 on Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:57 pm

Shaq is back!!!
Pulled off some nice spin moves, cleaned up the glass, and dished out passes to fuel key plays.
mvpshaq32
Foots in Asses!

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:49 pm

That was a surprising blunder for a player like Payton to make, though credit should be given to Prince for effectively playing the passing lanes. Nevertheless, when it was all said and done the Heat walked away with a victory over the top team in the East. Shaq seemingly turned the clock back five years though his numbers on the season are admittedly deceptive; he's not the washed up, overpaid player a lot of people want to make him out to be. He's still capable of being, as he put it, "the baddest man in (his) age bracket".
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Matt on Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:33 pm

Shaq was really active tonight and the Pistons big men were unable to stop him (or score on him). He's playing with a purpose.
Matt

Postby Metsis on Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:43 am

People have really given up on Shaq since he seemed to coast last season very openly and he's been recovering from injuries this season. But as he said upon arriving in Miami that this is Wade's team and not his. And he took his game to the back burner. I think he has way more left in the tank than anyone gives him credit for. Last nights beating of the Pistons clearly shows that.

If and when the other veterans start to shoulder some load, this will be a dangerous team. It's not like the veterans don't know how to play or are trying to get Pippen to lower the average age of the unit.
Metsis

Postby McDwyane on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:13 pm

miami to 6th and wade to rehab!
McDwyane

Postby Arcane on Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:51 am

a pretty dominating win against the bulls shaq, eddie, zo and even posey were strong key factors in this win
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Shi on Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:52 am

Good to see Miami as playoff contenders again. Target Now:Wizards.
Shi

Postby Jackal on Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:04 am

What a shot by Haslem. Riley has some cojones on him to draw a play in which he'd give the shot to Haslem opposed to any of the other guys on the floor.

It sure did work, what a shot. Congrats to the Heat on a nice win. :)
Jackal

Postby Arcane on Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:18 am

that was a tight game.

12th straight home win 6th straight win overall for the Heat now.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby Amphatoast on Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:19 pm

more importantly miami 1 game behind the wizards now. They might reach up to 3rd place with ease at this pace!
Amphatoast

Postby Matt on Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm

i'd hoped they'd finish 8th for a 1st rnd encounter with the Pistons, but i guess it'll have to wait for the 2nd or maybe East Finals.
Matt

Postby diddy on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:05 pm

my team doing great! i'm so glad the way they are playing now! i hope wade ome back soon and they gonna play for real, and took the trophy at home! :)
only god can judge me
My graphic thread My Recent Blog Entry
Ricky Roma from Miami Heat forums wrote:" Celtic fans: We lead the league in age, fat aszes, O'neals, senior citizens, and acting! Don't mess with us, cause we got rondo!! YOU HEAR ME!! RONDO!!!!"

2pac wrote:through every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Riley isn't underestimating value of draft pick this year

Postby McDwyane on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:35 pm

MIAMI – There is, Pat Riley said, madness even to his March.

Hardly known for his utilization of young players, Riley said he values his team's upcoming pick in what is expected to be a particularly deep draft

The Heat did not have a pick in last year's draft. That selection, which turned out to be No. 26 choice Jordan Farmar, dealt to the Lakers in the 2005 Shaquille O'Neal acquisition.

"I value the draft this year," Riley said. "We need the pick this year."

Yet, in the same breath, Riley, who holds the dual roles of coach and team president, said the team still is in the process of developing 2004 first-round pick Dorell Wright and 2005 first-round pick Wayne Simien.

"We think Wayne and Dorell can play," Riley said. "Wayne's been sick. And we think Dorell's going to be a player. He's 21 years old. He's just not going to play right now.

"I think Dorell's not too far away from it. So we've got two good first-round picks that are being developed. They're just not playing right now."

Still, this remains a veteran coach with a decidedly veteran bent.

"If you've got a legitimate chance to win a championship, you're not going to waste the time," Riley said. "If you're going to use the time to experiment, and giving a young kid experience, then it could cost you."
McDwyane

Postby Shi on Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:01 am

6TH seed now with a big chance of 4th or 3rd,That's great!
I prefer 3rd,since 4th leads to Chicago in the 1st round,and then Detroit\Cleveland in the Semis,with the other team going to the Conference finals. 3rd is an easy one with Washington(well... not that easy,but you've got to admit Chicago is alot harder).
oh,and not forgetting we're something like 5 games away from Detroit-the 1st seed-so we even have a chance of getting the high spots.
Shi

Postby McDwyane on Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:19 am

jason kapono is playing vs raptors!
McDwyane

Postby diddy on Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:53 pm

man, i hope Posey won't leave at this offseason! and i wish Zo would stay with the team! and my biggest wish for ma team is to pick in a good PG or good PF in draft! i'm interrested in Gasol jr. too bad that i haven't saw any games with him! and it would be great if Miami sign any cool guy from free agents!
only god can judge me
Ricky Roma from Miami Heat forums wrote:" Celtic fans: We lead the league in age, fat aszes, O'neals, senior citizens, and acting! Don't mess with us, cause we got rondo!! YOU HEAR ME!! RONDO!!!!"

2pac wrote:through every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby Shi on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:08 am

lol... my 200th is here.
I'm so happy with the situation of the HEAT lately. Kapono is back,Wade is almost back,we're southeast leaders with very good chances for 3rd seed,1 game away from clinching berth,and the whole team is acting '15 Strong'ly again.
Reeeeepeeeeeaaaat!
Shi

Postby cheater1034 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:51 am

Shi wrote:lol... my 200th is here.
I'm so happy with the situation of the HEAT lately. Kapono is back,Wade is almost back,we're southeast leaders with very good chances for 3rd seed,1 game away from clinching berth,and the whole team is acting '15 Strong'ly again.
Reeeeepeeeeeaaaat!

Lol, I hope they stay at #4 seed, just in case cleveland somehow manages to keep #2 seed, in the second round we'd play toronto instead of the heat which I think is an advantage, but you can't be sure. ;)
cheater1034

Postby Arcane on Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:20 pm

Diddy wrote:man, i hope Posey won't leave at this offseason! and i wish Zo would stay with the team! and my biggest wish for ma team is to pick in a good PG or good PF in draft! i'm interrested in Gasol jr. too bad that i haven't saw any games with him! and it would be great if Miami sign any cool guy from free agents!

we need to get of jiggly walker hes junk and damaging the team. The heat should re-sign Eddie as well hes been tremendous with wade & kapono out.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby diddy on Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:59 pm

dragon@4Q wrote:
Diddy wrote:man, i hope Posey won't leave at this offseason! and i wish Zo would stay with the team! and my biggest wish for ma team is to pick in a good PG or good PF in draft! i'm interrested in Gasol jr. too bad that i haven't saw any games with him! and it would be great if Miami sign any cool guy from free agents!

we need to get of jiggly walker hes junk and damaging the team. The heat should re-sign Eddie as well hes been tremendous with wade & kapono out.

yeah, for real! trade away Walker+ some bench stuff like barron, simien or some 1 else and take a good pg or if we could still pg in draft, take a pf! but, u know, somehow i like walker, may be not like player, but like person :)
only god can judge me

diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby mvpshaq32 on Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:13 pm

Trade away that lump of shit. His shot is never consistent and when he makes one shot, he gets too cocky and starts launching threes whenever he gets a chance. That was the reason the Mavs didn't like him. He should play like he did in the playoffs, driving to the basket instead of launching threes. I still love when he said "I take so many threes because there are no fours." or something like that.
mvpshaq32
Foots in Asses!

Postby TSquared on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:05 am

lol! walker should be traded for an upcoming rookie...but i think none of the teams are going to take him.. coz the only available teams with good cap spaces left are the hawks, bobcats, raptors, sonics, bulls, sixers, grizzlies
TSquared

Postby McDwyane on Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:40 am

wade is back
McDwyane

Postby Axel on Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:08 pm

Riles needs to play Dorell. Not necesarily get him significant minutes, but he needs to be in the rotation at the very least. He played great earlier in the season, and it's a shame to see that he isn't getting more PT. The Heat will definetly need him next year.
Axel

Postby diddy on Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:38 pm

that's right! i'm dreaming Wright become the second Heat's player after DW!
only god can judge me

diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball