Random GTA Talk Thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Postby Jing on Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:43 pm

ah LCS.. i played it a bit during CMPSCI class (probably should have paid better attention, would have helped my grade) on my friend's PSP, sick game.. any gta that gets released.. i'm there.. besides of course the LCS cause PSP is not worth getting as there are just not enough games for it..

btw i beat Gta again.. its really getting boring, I'm looking foward to GTA4
Jing

Postby Jugs on Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:52 pm

Glad to hear from a valid opinion that LCS on PS2 is good, I'm going to get it this week from JB HiFi for $44 (they've finally opened one in Geelong, I hope the opening sale is still on).

Well, I went today to JB HiFi and purchased LCS for PS2 for $44 8-) . So far it's great, at first, I was failing missions because of just getting used to the game, but now I just go in and finish the mission in no time. I still haven't finished the first island, but I've been doing the Maria missions.

Pros and Cons so far.

Pros: a Map
Bikes
Your mother paying hitmen :lol:

Cons: No explanation at the start of why he's back and shit, unless I missed it because it just went to the cutscene of him coming off the bus and I could've sworn I pressed no buttons.
Maria :x
Jugs

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:00 pm

I've finished the story missions for LCS last night and I have to say, it was a fun ride. It was only 40% of the game though so I've got 60% left of the game to complete through side missions (around 58% actually since I played it a bit today picking up hidden packages and such). Definitely worth $44.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby volsey on Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:34 am

I got LCS for PSP, and it's by far the best PSP game I've played. I love the GTA 3 atmosphere, and honestly, I don't really miss the new features from GTA SA. It'd be nice to see a customization shop for cars like in San Andreas, but w/e, I can live without it. I haven't played it for PS2 but I've heard it's the exact same. The thing with the PSP version though, is you can download this cheatdevice that allows you to spawn any vehicle anywhere, in any colour. You can change the weather (even to snowing), make any vehicle into a delorean type hover car from back to the future, and much much more. This thing adds tons of replay value to the game.

So anyways for those of you who have played both GTA 3 and GTA LCS for PS2, which do you like better? In other words, which storyline do you prefer, and which one has the better side missions and so on?
volsey

Postby scrub on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:51 am

Will there be a San Andreas Stories game because I know there is a Vice City Stories game coming out
Corey Brewer - Defensive Player of the Year 08
scrub

Postby BZ on Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:50 am

weejontee wrote:Will there be a San Andreas Stories game because I know there is a Vice City Stories game coming out

I highly doubt it, if you mean the WHOLE size of San Andreas. I already felt that LCS's storyline was too short compared to GTA3 and San Andreas. If they make San Andreas stories, they'd have to either:
a) Compress the city, that means take out the whole countryside because who really cares about the countryside anyways? (Honestly... who actually liked those missions?
b) Take out the useless flying/driving school mission requirements (Hated those with a major passion)
c) Or, they could reduce the storyline

Out of all these, if they do ever make San Andreas stories for PSP, I'm all for A or B, and it'd be fantastic if they kept everything in the hood'. I definitely enjoyed the starting and ending of the Los Santos missions, Las Venturas missions, and San Fierro missions... basically all except the countryside missions and the flying missions.
BZ

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:39 pm

If the official site is anything to go by, it seems they're finally going to GTA4 after doing Vice City Stories for the PSP, with no San Andreas Stories in between.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:02 pm

I've been playing GTA a bit lately so thought I'd bring this up again.

I've decided to put LCS on the shelf for a bit since I've finished all the storyline missions and am just going for 100% completion and checking out all the side missions I haven't done yet. Right now I'm at 50% and while there's a lot of fun side stuff to be done it is getting a little boring doing it all randomly so I decided to pick up the other games and try and get a bit further in the story.

I finally managed to get past "Death Row" in Vice City. I'm not sure how exactly but playing LCS has really helped me approach missions more strategically (not to mention being well-prepared in terms of armour and weapons) as well as patiently with a determination to keep trying until I finish the mission and it's really paid off.

I decided to take a helicopter from my Hyman Condo safehouse over to Kent Paul to trigger the mission then flew over to the entrance of the junkyard, landed, and made my way through all the Columbians taking them out with the shotgun and sheltering from their fire as much as possible while getting to Lance on time. I wasn't quite quick enough to avoid taking much damage but made it to him with about 23 health points to spare and no one around to bother me for the final part of the mission except for the cars that give chase.

"Rub Out" took me two attempts since I lost a lot of health after an ambush then went the hard route to Diaz (resulting in Lance's death and a failed mission) on the first attempt. Now I'm heading into the final story missions for that one.

Meanwhile, back in GTA3, I'm also nearing the end but have to get past Espresso-2-go. Simple in principle but considering the nine dealers are spread out across all three islands and there's eight minutes to finish the mission after destroying the first coffee stand it's easy to screw up. I'll be giving that another go later tonight.

I'm still on the first island in San Andreas. I need to get a lot better at that one; I wish you could use the D-Pad to move around though. I use the left stick sometimes if I want to walk slowly and occasionally when I'm flying a helicopter but on the whole I prefer the D-Pad to steer and walk around. But I'll try to work my way through that too.

My weakness in the current generation of GTA games has always been when the character's on foot. I've always been able to elude cops most of the time and navigate well enough to get where I'm going but when it comes to missions that involve gunfights and such I've usually been too ill-prepared (weak arsenal, damaged armour or none at all) or approach that portion of the mission too recklessly and end up getting wasted. As I said before, I'm not sure how but playing through LCS has improved my skills in that area. I do think a big part of it is that if I don't have weapons, ammo or armour I'll seek it out or bite the bullet (no pun intended) and go to Ammu-Nation and buy it.

With a bit of luck I might have managed to finish GTA3 or Vice City before the weekend is out.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Fitzy on Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:18 pm

play vice city, the last few missions are really cool
Fitzy

Postby Pera on Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:59 pm

I started playing GTA Vice City lately.Currently on the "Bombs Away" mission where you have fly the RC planes and kill the Cubans.I use to hate this mission a lot,but whit my expirience from San Andreas I should complete this mission without any problems.I almost beated the mission today,but I forgot to kill one Cuban boat and I didnt have any RC planes left.Well it was 4 a.m so my concentration wasn't on its highest level.

Later today I'm gonna start playing GTA 3.So I can get the full Gta expirience .Already beated San Andreas without cheats.And now looking to beating Vice City and GTA 3.
Pera

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:31 am

I ended up finishing a couple more missions in GTA3 and Vice City last night so I've inched a little closer to the final story missions (only a couple left in each).
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Scorer--20 on Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:55 am

I hope in the next GTA , Fido , Tony and Carl meet eachother .
And maybe play with the 3 guys.

Or play with a new guy , but making missions to Fido , Tony and CJ.

I hope you can understand the idea, my english its a bit bad :mrgreen:
Scorer--20

Postby Jing on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:01 pm

replaying gta san andreas again....

discovering new things i have never discovered before. its pretty fun cause everytime something interesting pops up
Jing

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:09 pm

Scorer--20 wrote:I hope in the next GTA , Fido , Tony and Carl meet eachother .

They have met before. Fido (aka Claude Speed) has a cameo in San Andreas when Catalina leaves CJ and he also met Tony in GTA3 when he worked for him.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby volsey on Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:22 pm

I started playing LCS again, and I'm about 80% done the storyline missions. I read some article on GTA Vice City Stories that now has made me anxious for this game. The game takes place two years before GTA VC in a whole new Vice City, totaly redesigned made from scratch. In the game you are Victor Vance, Lance Vance's brother who we see at the begginning of GTA VC getting shot down during a drug deal. I'm definately getting this game, it will have everything that Vice City has and more, and you can finally swim.
volsey

Postby Jing on Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:12 pm

o_0 Lance has a brother?

when was this revealed? in the thing that you read?

i actually never got to finish playing Vice City, my ps2 fell and the disc drive was off centered and the disc got really scratched... i should really try to finish it .. .but after playing with all the features in SA, its gonna be hard
Jing

Postby volsey on Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:43 pm

At the very beginning of the game, Lance and his brother are making a drug deal, Lance is in the helicopter, and his brother is on the ground handing the guys the drugs. Then some people in black just out from behind boxes and shoot everyone.
volsey

Postby Pera on Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:03 pm

Oh yeah I beated the bombs away mission with only one RC plane in Vice City.It was preety easy, a few months ago I could never pass this mission,but I guess San Andreas helped me a lot.I only did a few missions in GTA 3,but I'm likeing it so far.My friend got Liberty City stories on PS2 so I'm looking forvard to trying that.And on the last note.I'm thinking of installing San Andreas on my PC again,just to compare the games.
Pera

Postby Jugs on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:48 am

VICE CITY STORIES IS GONNA HAVE JET-SKIIES!!! WOOTO

I love jet-skiis! Finally jet-skiis be getting some love, barely any since Wave Race :lol:
Jugs

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:30 pm

volsey wrote:I started playing LCS again, and I'm about 80% done the storyline missions. I read some article on GTA Vice City Stories that now has made me anxious for this game. The game takes place two years before GTA VC in a whole new Vice City, totaly redesigned made from scratch. In the game you are Victor Vance, Lance Vance's brother who we see at the begginning of GTA VC getting shot down during a drug deal. I'm definately getting this game, it will have everything that Vice City has and more, and you can finally swim.

Sounds awesome, though you could swim in San Andreas. ;) Any word on whether it'll be a PSP-only release? I guess even if that's the initial plan they might port it to PS2 later if there's a demand for it, similar to LCS.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Pera on Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:02 pm

Anybody know why they didn't make Liberty City Stories on PC platform?I remember my mates going crazy about that on the PC,but in the end they only made it for PSP and PS2.I think PC would deserve another GTA :) .
Pera

Postby volsey on Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 am

Sounds awesome, though you could swim in San Andreas. Any word on whether it'll be a PSP-only release? I guess even if that's the initial plan they might port it to PS2 later if there's a demand for it, similar to LCS.

Yea I think it might start out as a PSP exclusive, and then will probably make its way to the PS2.
volsey

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:57 pm

Pera wrote:Anybody know why they didn't make Liberty City Stories on PC platform?I remember my mates going crazy about that on the PC,but in the end they only made it for PSP and PS2.I think PC would deserve another GTA :) .

Rockstar probably didn't feel there was suitable demand based on previous sales. Seems to be the way with a lot of developers.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:30 am

Andrew wrote:
Scorer--20 wrote:I hope in the next GTA , Fido , Tony and Carl meet eachother .

They have met before. Fido (aka Claude Speed) has a cameo in San Andreas when Catalina leaves CJ and he also met Tony in GTA3 when he worked for him.

I'm a sucker for the GTA series. I still play GTA III, VC, SA & LCS religiously. I'm not into the side missions, I just like the main storylines. I hope Rockstar changes their minds about VCS not coming out for PS2.

Some helpful GTA III hints, Andrew:

ESPRESSO TO GO:
Use the Patriot - it's durable, which comes in handy when driving through Mafia territory in Portland.

Start in Shoreside Vale and finish in Portland.

S.A.M.:
This is much easier if you have four bribe stars at your hideout & a police Enforcer. After you blow up the plane, go back to your Staunton hideout, lose the Wanted Level, then finish the mission.

Final Mission - The Exchange:
By this time, you should have collected all 100 special packages, and you need Ray's bulletproof Patriot. After the cut scene, run to the garage, grab the armor, hop in the Cartel Cruiser, run over any Columbians in your way, and drive to the gate.

Switch to your Patriot and head to your Shoreside Vale hideout. Grab your weapons and head for the dam. No need to get out of your bulletproof Patriot - just plow through the blockades and head for the stairs. Get up the stairs ASAP, kill the Columbians(make sure you get the one with the flamethrower), whip out the RL, and send that b!tch Catalina to the grave.
Jeffx

Postby Jugs on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:11 pm

I finished the story missions of LCS 8 days after I bought the game.
Jugs

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic