[hova-´s] NY KNICKS Dynasty (NBA Live 06)

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:29 am

Its a shame that you couldn't recap the game, especially since it is the very first game of the season, ya know?

Anyway, I'm glad to see Frye, Crawford and Q play well in their debut. Most of you probably know that by now. :)
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby double_g on Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:58 am

Tough you wasn't able to play your first game of the new season but if it's a necessary sacrifice in order to continue your dynasty. And huge game by now-sophomore Channing Frye (Y) Bad luck that David Lee didn't play though
double_g

Postby hova- on Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:12 am

The New York Knicks will host the Milwaukee Bucks in tomorrow´s game, take a look at the NBA.com Preview for this exciting game.

click to enlarge

Sooo, finally back, with oldschool Previews, only fresh look, hope you like it.
Thx for your comments, yes it was a shame, but no chance, always crashed.
I also like the fact that Channing did so well, and that "Q" is such a good player off the bench. And I am looking forward to play my "first" game.

So long Hov-
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby z50bo on Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:25 am

wow very nice preview, GL 8-)
z50bo

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:29 am

my man hova, long time no speak... but ur dynasty looking good... into second year i see! (Y) Good luck man, and i think i see rudy gay on ur roster (Y)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby double_g on Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:03 pm

Nice preview and good luck. I predict a win right there (Y)
double_g

Postby Its_asdf on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:58 am

That's a nice little template there for your previews. Pretty informative while not too lengthy and the team stats are always pretty cool to see how the other teams are doing.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Scorer--20 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:49 am

Very nice recap !! , i like the X factor idea :P ( maybe im gonna steal this idea for my dynasty ):mrgreen: just a joke ...

Good luck and i think if you can stop Redd and his 3pters for sure you will win
Scorer--20

Postby Cornerthree on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:42 am

Wow you started the season with a win... I want to think it's a good sign..

Damn I love your new logo!
Cornerthree

Postby hova- on Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:04 pm

Image110Image109

ImageImageImage

Knicks fall short in their first home game !

NEW YORK, October 30 (Ticker)---
In the closest game of the new NBA season so far, the Milwaukee Bucks beat the New York Knicks in what can be called a breathtaking final stage.
After a strong performance in a win over the Hawks the Knicks began aggressively. Only two minutes played, Jamal Crawford broke Andrew Bogut´s ankle to go for the one handed tomahawk jam.
The Knicks played better in the first and with their tough defense they limited the Bucks to only 19 points. Michael Redd was in foul trouble early, Jamal Magloire was the best Buck, hustling at the boards and even scoring 6 points.
With a four-point lead the Knicks headed into the 2nd and kept on working on both ends of the floor. Quentin Richardson stepped into the game and hit two threes, Stephon Marbury assisted on both.
The Bucks still could not stop the Knicks´ offense, but were able to score in the post. Andrew Bogut had six points and TJ Ford hit a deep three.
But the Bucks were still trailing, by 9 points.
But they came back. Michael Redd, who did not appear the whole game, started to show why he is one of the league´s best player.
Redd hit his only three in the third and scored 12 of his 21 points.
But even better was his passing. He dished out seven assists in this game, only 1 shy of his career high eight. With a sweet bounce pass he fed Bogut who threw it down to limit the deficite to four.
Then Redd went baseline past Jerome James and slammed it home.
With only a two point lead the Knicks were not able to score and Andrew Bogut hit a circus shot to tie the game 12 seconds before the end of the 3rd. But Nate Robinson hit a tear drop buzzer beater to give the Knicks the two point lead.
The fourth quarter was a hard fight. After a dunk attempt David Lee fell down and hurt his knee.
With the momentum in their hands the Bucks caught fire, especially TJ Ford. He scored right points and also hit a three.
When the game was tied 107-107 with 0:17 seconds to go, Stephon Marbury ran an isolation play and blew past two defenders to go for the lay-in. But he was fouled by Jamal Magloire.
Marbury, a very consistent shooter, hit both free throws to give the Knicks a two point lead. The Bucks took a timeout with 6.5 to go.
They gave to ball to TJ Ford and he faked a shot, got Marbury in the air and then jumped into him. Marbury got the foul and Ford hit his shot with 1.5 seconds left. A very disputed scene. TJ Ford hit his freethrow to make it 110-109. The prayer by Marbury did not hit the basket at all. Check out the boxscores below.

Knicks Boxscore
Bucks Boxscore

With Bucks rookie Maurice Ager.

NBA.com: Maurice, an exciting game ended, and just found the right winner ?

M. Ager: I think so, yes. It was a bit lucky in the end with this call by the ref against Marbury, but we came back and deserved the win.

NBA.com: What do you think was the key today for the Bucks to win the game ?

M. Ager: Well, we just did not give up. We were down big, but still thought we could win it. I think (the Knicks) did great, but we hustled and did our best to win it.

NBA.com: Last question, you have Michael Redd as a guard, so you do not get that many minutes. But you did very well in your 14 minutes tonight, don´t you want to play more ?

M. Ager: I am a rookie. I love the situation, some coaches do not give their rookies any minutes. I want to help the team, and sometimes you have to sit on the bench to help your team. Michael played great today, so it is ok.

Our first loss this season, my first loss as a coach. We did very well, but the damn ref with his call caused our loss. That is hard. I liked how everybody got involved into the offense and how we fought defensively.
Good game by Stephon, leading this team, but maybe we did not pass enough. David got injured, my assistance send me a PDA message. That does not sound good. I hope Ryan can step up for David. We will have to work harder and maybe force the luck, this match showed me that we are not concentrated enough through four quarters.
I hope this will get better.

Thx for your comments. No update for a long time, because I wanted to make a vid but had problems with the application. Next time with video, I hope.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Anthony15 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:33 am

Damn Marbury, if he didnt jump for the fake you would've won, gl next game!
Anthony15

Postby double_g on Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:09 am

Tough loss man! Bad luck with that last second foul :? I had the same problem in my games in this Live. I jump for the block too early But now I rarely jump when the opponent attempts a 3. And may I say that you play great with Lee, I mean 8 pts; 4 boards and 2 assists in 12 minutes (Y) Bad luck with his injury though
double_g

Postby Its_asdf on Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:13 am

Man, those calls always piss me off. It's like the computer purposely makes up some BS calls to help themselves win the game. Very disheartening.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby hova- on Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:01 am

Anthony15 wrote:Damn Marbury, if he didnt jump for the fake you would've won, gl next game!

thx man, well I must admit I controlled Marbury, I really thought he would take the shot with only 3-4 seconds left. But it sucks, thats right.

double_g wrote:ough loss man! Bad luck with that last second foul Confused I had the same problem in my games in this Live. I jump for the block too early But now I rarely jump when the opponent attempts a 3. And may I say that you play great with Lee, I mean 8 pts; 4 boards and 2 assists in 12 minutes Thumbs Up Bad luck with his injury though

thx, yeah I really got better in defending in live, but as I said, I thought hew would take it with not many seconds on the clock.
@David Lee: I really hate the fact that it hit him .... he improved so much, you really feel it while playing, he is a beast in the post. My favorite player at the moment ;) .

its_asdf wrote:Man, those calls always piss me off. It's like the computer purposely makes up some BS calls to help themselves win the game. Very disheartening.

Well on the one hand its ok, cuz I bit on the fake. But what I really hate is that they make those shot at the end. If he had gone to the line for two, an OT and everything had been possible. But with a 3 point play its disheartening, thats right.

Maybe you also saw that I changed to 12 mins a quarter, I really like that, I also changed some slider which make the game more fun.
I really like to play at the moment, so expect the preview soon and than I hope I get the vid thing done :)

thx for ya comments.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Cornerthree on Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:08 am

Oh no!!

Just please don't start a loss streak so early...

I know It's only a 1-point loss, but things began to me the same way...
Cornerthree

Postby Scorer--20 on Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:29 am

I think its just this game , you have a great team , hope you can win the next one !
Scorer--20

Postby Jing on Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:35 am

oh god i hate those!

i hate it when i jump and have almost touched the ground, and somehow my player ends up in the air again...

tough break, better luck next time
Jing

Postby hova- on Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:44 am

The New York Knicks will host the Boston Celtics in tomorrow´s game, take a look at the NBA.com Preview for this exciting game.

click to enlarge

sry I messed the fonts up, but did not have any backup, so I hope you pardon that, wont happen again.

thx for your comments
So long Hov-
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Its_asdf on Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:20 am

Good luck next game. Wally is going to get spanked by Crawford. :wink:
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby Anthony15 on Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:45 am

QUentin has to get a big night for you to win (y) GL
Anthony15

Postby double_g on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:03 pm

Good luck (Y) and be careful at Wally! If he is on fire he'll be very tough to stop
double_g

Postby hova- on Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:20 pm

thx for your comments. I wont post a video again .....

My computer crashed very often in the last day, and it takes too long to make a video, especially to record while the game ....

I played the game and it crashed at the end of the 4th quarter, that sucks ...
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby Lakers08 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:31 pm

GL in your next game
im wondering why you picked Roy....
Lakers08

Postby hova- on Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:36 pm

Image114Image129

ImageImageImage

Shootout in MSG Center, Knicks defeat Celtics !

NEW YORK, November 1st (Ticker)---
There were two heroes for the Knicks after the game against Boston. Jamal Crawford had a career night, puring in 33 points also adding 3 assists, 3 rebounds and 4 steals.
And Bobby Jackson showed his worth for a team of many young players who tend to disappear when it comes to make big plays in the crunch time.
The game was tied at 88 after the third quarter when Jamal Crawford decided to steal the win for the Knicks. He scored 16 of his 33 in the last quarter also hitting two three pointers to give the Knicks the momentum they needed afterJerome James had to go out with an arm injury late in the third.

The Knicks came out on fire in the first quarter and build up a 12 point lead with 4:30 left to go. Jamal Crawford scored 12 in the first but was quiet in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Channing Frye added 8 points in the first quarter and let the crowd went nuts after he slammed home an alley-oop pass dished by Stephon Marbury.
But the Celtics were able to comeback. Wally Szczerbiak hit several 16 footer and Paul Pierce drove through the lane and was fouled to tie the game and even give them the lead with his bonus freethrow.
In the 2nd quarter both teams showed problems in their team defense. It was easy to find open team mates and the Knicks used the space given to them to make open threes. The Celtics were kept into the game by their frontcourt. Kedrick Perkins and Al Jefferson made a strong game, both ended up with 7 offensive rebounds, second chances their team depended on.
Paul Pierce totally disappeared in the 2nd and was substituted but Brain Scalabrine was even weaker shooting 1-8 from the field.
For the Knicks Quentin richardson was disappointing shooting only 3-12 and not hitting one three pointer.
Eddie Jones hit a three after Eddy Curry made a big time block (pic above), but Wally Szczerbiak made a shot and Kedrick Perkins dunked it home to increase the lead to three.
But the Knicks came back. Channing Frye scored 10 point in the third, showing his new post game skills and his strenght.
But all that would not have happened without the great passes by Stephon Marbury.

With 7:40 left to play in the fourth and the Knicks up with 98-101, Stephon Marbury collided mid-air with Kedrick Perkins and had to leave the court. Bobby Jackson came into the game, since Nate Robinson was cold over the whole game.
And Bobby Jackson, who had seen only 3 minutes in this game exploded for a great performance. Although only hitting 2-8 threes in the game he hit both in the 4th and also added 6 assists and 4 steals in the last quarter.
He drove to the basket and kicked it out to Jamal Crawford and Eddie Jones who had easy open threes. Delonte West and Tony Allen could not find a way to defend the quick elder point guard.
With this great quarter he led the Knicks to a 15 point lead, a 114-129 win in a high scoring match. Paul Pierce came back and made 12 of the 26 Celtics points in the last, but was not able to turn the momentum.
The Knicks shot great from downtown, while the Celtics could not convince with their shooting, usually a very strong part of their game.

Knicks Boxscore
Celtics Boxscore

With Knicks Guard Stephon Marbury.

NBA.com: Stephon, you got injured in the 4th, can you tell us something about this ?

S. Marbury: Well I went to the basket against (Perkins) and I think he fouled me, but not that hard. My finger hit the ball and that hurt me. I could have passed the ball to (Frye) instead of going to the basket, but I wanted to force a foul or and one play.

NBA.com: How many game will you miss ?

S. Marbury: I won´t miss any games because of that, maybe I will see limited minutes, but I have to talk with the coach about that. I ain´t that bad.

NBA.com: Last question, Bobby Jackson turned the momentum in you favour, did you know he could contribute that big and even get minutes instead of Nate Robinson.

S. Marbury: Oh yes, we all knew Bobby Jackson is still there. The coach tends to give minutes to (Robinson), but when it comes to the 4th quarter and I need time to rest, you will always see (Jackson) on the court. He showed he can make big plays and he also does in pratice, so I am glad to have such backups.

What a game. A high scoring win over the Celtics. Both teams lost the ball so often, I did not like the game at all. But we were able to execute offensively and played the little better defense. Eddy blocked some spectacular shots.
Jamal showed what I wanted to see from him. His quickness, his slashing ability and his shooting touch. And Bobby came up big when we needed him. Nate is not doing well, I really do not know what to do with him. We could give him away and receive some decent players in exchange. But I am a patient person, he will get his chances. both injuries are not that bad and I hope Steph and Jerome will come back quickly. All in all a good day for us and our second win.
Last edited by hova- on Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby double_g on Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:47 pm

Great win and recap! And huge 4 quarter for your team especially for Jamal and Bobby Jackson! Bad luck with the injuries. Lee and now Stephon and Jerome James...good there are minor ones! Your rookies have a tough start. Not so good in those 3 games played :?

P.S. Damn I don't understand why the CPU doesn't use Gerald Green. He has huge potential in the game :?
double_g

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame